The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 8:26 am

Share your thoughts on the Season 3 premiere here! Beware of spoilers, read at your own risk.

I have mixed feelings about the new art, right now I like the old one more because it looked more elegant. I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me. I love that the girls now emote and their characters are shining through more, though. Although Mamo looks older for some reason.

This is just the first part of the first chapter so not much happened yet. I guess it was more to show off all the new attacks and transformations since we were treated to like five whole minutes of it xD

DIANA THOUGH SO CUTE <3
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 8:49 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I have mixed feelings about the new art, right now I like the old one more because it looked more elegant

^THIS!

My main reason I truly hated the new art was because it looked plain to me, but it has some little aspects of the old one so it made easy for me to hate it less.

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I don't know, maybe it'll grow on me.

I feel the same ^^

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I love that the girls now emote and their characters are shining through more, though.

I loved their funny expressions!! that was hilarious <3

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Although Mamo looks older for some reason.

He always looked older to me, but maybe this time he gave a feeling of 'i'm gonna be way too mature this season'.

---

Something that I found a little off was that Haruka looked way to manly in some scenes, other than that, both Haru and Michi looked flawless <3

Also, can we just take a moment to appreciate this

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] 1Lyr6M9
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] 45efsRh

I CAN'T!!! THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] 1394610236

Also, some bonus i found!

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] NhYGgC2

I guess soon we will find out when these will be released.

AND TO FINISH!

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] P7Etqk8

Opening and ending single will be released this month on the 27th
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 9:09 am

Addy's thoughts & reactions as I watch the episode 

• I don't remember our area being called Omega area in the manga. 
  • Aww poor sickly Hotaru! oohhh memories of the SM!
  • Still not 100% sure how I feel about the intro song xD I like the music, I like the animation but I'm not sure that it goes that well together. Although it's good to see subtitles for the song!
  • Honestly we need more SM flashbacks....oh look Mamoru! He looks so old lmao like are you suddenly 25 now?
  • I like how Mamoru and Hotaru dream of like death and destructions and Usagi dreams of like light and bells and marriage lol 
  • DIANA! Kawaii so cute! 
  • so far I am liking the animation a lot more than the previous version. Except for the cats I'm not sure about them lol 
  • Yes I know I just said Diana was cute
  • Yah right Mamoru you wouldn't have left without Usagi xD good try tho 
  • Poor Usagi everyone gets a good morning pet, hug except Usagi lol 
  • I wonder why Chibiusa's school doesn't have a uniform 
  • WHAT PEACEFUL LIFE YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A PEACEFUL LIFE 
  • Well wasn't that creepy lol poor Mamoru hearing voices talking about doom before you kiss the love of your life 
  • Where's Uranus? Someone give me Uranus 
  • Ohhh Michiru! Close but not quite what I wanted lol 
  • The subtitles said its time to pick him up  so are they using a male pronoun for Haruka? DO I NOW HAVE PROOF FOR MY GENDER FLUID HARUKA THEORY?
  • LOOK MORE MALE GENDER THINGS 
  • Haruka also looks very male right now in civilian form. I'm liking that they're making more of an effort to do that. 
  • That's a small book Ami-chan anyone can finish reading that before Usagi arrives xD 
  • Did they change Reis VA?
  • Hmm sorry you need Pluto, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune to overcome a lot of problems xD but your inners are a good start. 
  • LOL and she crashes! 
  • Blush blush Usagi 
  • BUN-HEAD! Now all I need is for Haruka to call her Koneko and my life is complete
  • Uh huh sureee Haruka that's why you want to be close to her xD
  • HARUKA TITLE CARD OMG SOMEONE MAKE ME A SIGGIE OR AN AVVIE OR SOMETHING 
  • ohh pretty Neptune title card!
  • Ohhhhhh Makoto and Minako you two are hopeless lol 
  • Besides you're supposed to love the Shittennou stop this xD
  • Ohh the compact glows!
  • AND HERE WE GOOO 
  • I definitely like the transformation for Usagi better than the first 2 seasons. Just please don't try 3D again 
  • LOOK AT ALL THE ROSES !
  • LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY TRANSFORMATIONS!
  • I can't decide who's I like the best xD
  • Woahh those attacks man!

I think overall it's shaping up to be pretty good. I hope that they deviate from the manga and do their own thing.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 9:36 am

Uhm...watching again the episode, i noticed they are calling the next one "Act 27"...so this mean this one was act 26.5 or episode 27 part a?
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 9:43 am

xD probably an error.
Back to top Go down
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 10:02 am

Not sure how I feel about the opening and ending songs, but either than that I liked the episode!

Edit: So glad that it was subbed fast!

Last edited by silverskywind on 4th April 2016, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 10:59 am

They may be following manga acts, which are now split into two parts because they are too long, so they kept the same act number. This was Part I.
Back to top Go down
Somnium55
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 11:10 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
They may be following manga acts, which are now split into two parts because they are too long, so they kept the same act number. This was Part I.
Maybe this is why they said it's only 13 episodes.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 11:43 am

I absolutely loved the new episode!  While I personally loved the old elegant style myself, I also love how emotive the new style is and it feels like everything is more fluid.  The opening was so hauntingly beautiful with the narration from Pharaoh 90 and I loved seeing our first glimpse of Kaorinite!  Even little things look so much more beautiful now, like the scene of Rei's fire reading was gorgeous.   I'm so happy to see the goofy 90s faces back and it's so cute and funny.   Every scene with Haruka and Michiru is perfection and I'm so happy they seem to be keeping Haruka's gender fluidity from the manga!   I loved Usagi and Haruka playing the race car game and it was giving me my 90s nostalgia feels there.  The transformation scenes are absolutely gorgeous and I was fangasming so much during their transformations!  OMG, I also love seeing the new manga only attacks for the first time in anime form!  I've always dreamed of seeing Venus Wink Chain Sword and Jupiter Coconut Cyclone animated and I loved it!   I also love that they finally let the Inners kill a monster without having Usagi jump in to finish it off.  It seemed like the first two seasons really toned down the strength of their powers so I'm glad to see the Inners back in full strength in season three!   I love the Utena inspired eyecatches and I totally want a wallpaper of them!  The theme songs are also beautiful and I can't wait for next week's episode to see Hotaru!  Also, I'm really glad we don't have to wait two weeks for the next episode.  That was probably what frustrated me the most about the first two seasons and I'm so glad we have a more streamlined schedule for the new season.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 12:44 pm

To be quite honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the new direction that they went with the art style for this particular season.

I'll probably keep watching for the soul sake of seeing Hotaru's first transformation, but I wasn't all that impressed overall. It's TOO reminiscent of the 90s anime in so far as the cute factor. I had already settled into the overall more mature content and approach of the first two seasons that this one seems just a bit out of place. I do admit that I enjoy that they have a bit more character development thus far, but I also felt that the introductions by Usagi in the first episode are meant to indicate that this season is meant to stand on its own apart from the other two seasons. Sure we got a bit of backstory hinting to the other two seasons, but the whole time I was sitting there wondering, why? 

I agree that the more graceful animation had a very particular beauty to it, that this particular style just doesn't have. Mind you, I expect that this beauty has been reserved for the Outers, and from what we saw of Hotaru in the opening scene with ChibiUsa, I can only imagine how beautiful her transformation from Mistress 9 to Sailor Saturn will be. That said, I think it was a bit too later in the series to have them "look their age". Part of me thinks that it's an easier tie in to the 20th anniversary merchandise than having to create items particular to the series. After all, the only collectors for Crystal are likely seasoned fans. I don't see Sailor Moon gaining much popularity with a newer generation.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 12:57 pm

I think its more reminiscent of a lot of the current anime styles rather than being close to the 90s anime. But that's my opinion. I do hope that they give Hotaru her own transformation animation! 

I also disagree that the introductions are signalling that its standing apart. It's pretty common in anime that at a start of a new season introductions like this are done. It also helps people who are just joining in learn character days.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 1:24 pm

I'm in the "I'll keep watching even if I don't like it" wagon, so I didn't have any high expectations going in. The only thing that I truly found visually annoying were the skirts, mostly in the transformation sequence. They already had clothing problems in the last two, but it was not improved for this episode, it was worse.

I love the opening though it doesn't have the same energy, but I almost prefer this ending to the last ones. Mamoru is finally well-drawn, which is an improvement. They still have trouble with Usagi's hair. I think it's the one thing I'll always prefer from the 1992 anime. Her bangs in Crystal (all seasons) are distracting.

I have actually no idea whether or not I prefer this animation style. There were things that were upgraded since last season, but lots were downgraded too. As if they sacrificed quality elsewhere to correct the mistakes people complained about for the last season.

As for the episode, well it follows the manga, we already all know how it goes so I have nothing much to say.

I agree with what was said before though. The characters emote better in the third season than they did before and that's great.
Back to top Go down
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 1:51 pm

I actually feel that this season is CLOSER to the manga! Some of the funny faces are literally identical to Takeuchi's illustrations. Sure, the first two arcs had that delicate "manga" style, but notice how the manga's art style changed depending on the situation. The characters looked delicate and more detailed in serious situations but were drawn much more cutesy and simple during funny and casual scenes. It's not really possible to make an animation where the art style is constantly varying, so Toei has to give us either one or the other. While I think that the elegant style was nice, it was much too difficult to keep clean and consistent. This season's animation is more fluid, consistent and has much more personality!
My only disappointment was Venus's transformation. It just felt weird to me. But I can forgive that since we got to see the amazing Venus Wink Chain Sword (and of course my favorite, Coconut Cyclone!) I loved that Minako and Mako had their cute fangirl friendship going on in this episode and then combined their powers at the end. It reminded me of the 90's anime when different episodes would focus on the various friendships between the senshi. 
Regarding Haruka's pronouns... everyone still thinks that is Haruka is a guy. They call Haruka a "she" in the manga once they find out she's a senshi. Haruka is also drawn much more masculine at the beginning of the mugen arc until the outer's introduce themselves. This is because her gender was supposed to be a surprise for the reader. I hope we also get to see Haruka's feminine outfits this season!
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 2:03 pm

I wasn't expecting them to actually split a chapter into twwo episodes. That being said, I understand why they did it. They didn't want one episode to feel too compact with content. But it also kinda feels like very little occurs because of that. I'm glad that the episodes are no longer bi-weekly so we can see more of it next week.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 5:24 pm

where can I watch this?
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 5:31 pm

Crunchyroll, Viz, and I believe Hulu are streaming it (though IIRC the first two are available only in certain countries).

You can find more info on this article: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-31/viz-media-crunchyroll-to-stream-sailor-moon-crystal-season-iii-anime/.100515

I can't wait to watch it when I get home after work today! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 5:46 pm

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor11
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor12
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor15
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor10
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor14
Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor13Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Sailor17

These are some episode stills, with the exception of the one for Usagi I captured these.

I have to admit it's a bit of a downgrade IMO. 

Something about Mercury seems off, and it's not just her now petite limbs.
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 5:53 pm

Adoring this new style! It looks so clean and modern! Over all, I adored the episode and am heavily thinking of retiring the SMC Hate Train if this trend keeps up.

I loved seeing the Holy Sword in Venus's Wink Chain Sword attack. That was bad ass! What a clever adaptation. It was also refreshing to see some filler dialogue to establish the personality of the inners.

I'm so in love with Haruka's voice actress. She sounds incredible and the ending song she sings with Michiru sounds so good! I agree with a lot of people that the opening is a little lackluster.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 5:56 pm

One thing that I *did* notice to the credit of the opening is that there is a slightly difference in appearance between Princess Serenity and Usagi. If you look closely at Princess Serenity's eyes, and those of Usagi, you'll notice that Usagi's eyes are a lot larger, and Princess Serenity's eyes have a more "dreamlike" appearance.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 6:01 pm

I found it. I really enjoyed this episode. The drawings were pretty. So happy the cats don't have the booty now. I loved the new attacks, well they were not new, just not used in anime. I love the transformations. They are so nostalgic to the 90s anime. 

I also have to admire how Mamoru and Motoki look almost the exact same from last season, while all the others look different. Mamo-chan had no complaints I see.

I kinda wish they didn't change Ikuko's hair color, but that's me.

So glad to see Naru and Umino. I hope they stick around for awhile.

I like the ending song and am letting the opening grow on me.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 6:35 pm

magic713 wrote:
I wasn't expecting them to actually split a chapter into twwo episodes. That being said, I understand why they did it. They didn't want one episode to feel too compact with content. But it also kinda feels like very little occurs because of that. I'm glad that the episodes are no longer bi-weekly so we can see more of it next week.

so now it's weekly???  YES!!!! i hated the bi-week!!!

so my thoughts, i loved the new transformation and attacks. 

Michiru is so pretty.  and i loved the pace of the ep.  also i love how the edit credits is Michiru and Haruka singing, BUT hulu did not give English sub tittles for the songs, so i have no idea what they were singing..  i think the opening is better both song and images.. as this season is darker, again, hulu did not give English for the opening song as well

this is a still from the end.. so pretty.  i'm getting shippy feels again.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] Harmic10
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime4th April 2016, 7:48 pm

I like the OP after seeing it in the context of the episode. The song is also growing on me, though the lyrics don't make much sense to me...

Chibi Usa and Diana look so cute in this new style! Having the more rounded eyes really did help, and I personally like the less rounded moon kitty design; they look more like cats and less like walking blobs.

Mamo-chan is sleeping with a shirt now? Gets bricked. I think his design is pretty similar to the first two seasons' design, but there are some moments where he's drawn a little weird. There was one scene when he's in the parking waiting for Usagi that looked like the back of his head was missing.

I love the silly interactions/faces of Makoto and Minako in this episode! The part where Minako wanted to transfer to Mugen Academy was really funny. I also liked the new attacks: Venus Wink Chain Sword, and Coconut Typhoon. It's nice to see some new attacks animated rather than revisiting the same animation sequence that we've seen before.

And speaking of animation, I have mixed feelings about the 2D animation. The 3D animation in the first two seasons never bothered me, but for some reason when I see the foreshortening view of the girls' limbs it looked really awkward in 2D. I never felt that way with the 3D animation, so it's odd that it jumped out at me when animated in a new way. That aside, I like the animation sequence for Mars and Jupiter; they felt the most dynamic to me, and the BGM that was playing certainly helped. Wink

The lyrics of the ED song is so perfect for Uranus and Neptune! They must've exhausted all the roses in Tokyo to make that song. XD;;
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Lady_RoseDragon
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : In the name of Aquabania...

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime5th April 2016, 6:31 pm

- Not a big fan of the new opening, not enough energy to match the animation
- I see that the animation has improved immensely but the characters look so funny from a profile view. Faces look a bit too flat.
- The ending, however, works very well.

Let's see what ep. 2 of the Infinity arc holds for us
Back to top Go down
http://kumatorakazooie.tumblr.com http://dragonkazooie89.deviantart.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime5th April 2016, 6:36 pm

I do agree with you there about the opening not matching the animation RoseDragon
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 3:12 am

I'm surprised to see that a lot of people don't like the art style for this season. I personally think it's much more improved than the first two seasons but I'm still not 100% convinced either. There are still some flaws that are evident in this episode.

When I first heard the opening song for this season it didn't really catch my attention but now that I've been listening to it a bit more it's growing on me. After first, experiencing the opening I was reminded of Yuri Kuma Arashi and Mawaru Penguindrum which were both directed by Kunihiko Ikuhara who was a producer on the 90's anime. I was curious and looked up the staff involved this season and I noticed that this season has the same music producer as Mawaru Penguindrum. The singer for this season's OP, Etsuki Yakushimaru also sings the 2nd opening to Marwu Penguindrum.

I'm still getting use to the ending theme too. I still can't wrap my head around Haruka's deep voice.

Like others have mentioned I like the character development that we've seen so far and I think that the change of animation style helps with this. It's reminiscent of the 90's anime which I love. I'm SO glad that they got rid of the 3D transformations. They're so much better in 2D but like others have mentioned they're not quite perfect.

Overall though I think it's a huge improvement over the first two seasons. I'm also hoping that Saturn gets a proper transformation scene. How great would that be?!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 6:02 am

Sailor CJ wrote:
Adoring this new style! It looks so clean and modern! Over all, I adored the episode and am heavily thinking of retiring the SMC Hate Train if this trend keeps up.

I loved seeing the Holy Sword in Venus's Wink Chain Sword attack. That was bad ass! What a clever adaptation. It was also refreshing to see some filler dialogue to establish the personality of the inners.

I'm so in love with Haruka's voice actress. She sounds incredible and the ending song she sings with Michiru sounds so good! I agree with a lot of people that the opening is a little lackluster.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] 1023433532  Retiring the hate train?! Maybe just rebrand it for SMC Season 1 & 2 Hate Train xD Although I do agree with you I love Haruka's VA! 

Roro wrote:
I'm surprised to see that a lot of people don't like the art style for this season. I personally think it's much more improved than the first two seasons but I'm still not 100% convinced either. There are still some flaws that are evident in this episode.

I personally do like the art style, but I can see how people wouldn't like it. There's a comparison post on tumblr running around. GIFS from http://captainpoe.tumblr.com/

Comparison Below!:

By comparing it like this, you can really see how the animation has improved. However, there seems to be a certain elegance in the first animation that is missing from the second one. The colours seem to be brighter (or maybe its just the quality of the gifs, who knows lol) But in a lot of places the animation is more fluid than it use to be.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 6:33 am

Going through it again, what I really dislike about the new animation is the skirts during the transformation. As EK mentioned, they look really unattractive and limp, where before they look full and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 11:00 am

Quote :

Quote :

I personally do like the art style, but I can see how people wouldn't like it. There's a comparison post on tumblr running around. GIFS from http://captainpoe.tumblr.com/

Comparison Below!:

By comparing it like this, you can really see how the animation has improved. However, there seems to be a certain elegance in the first animation that is missing from the second one. The colours seem to be brighter (or maybe its just the quality of the gifs, who knows lol) But in a lot of places the animation is more fluid than it use to be.

I was looking at some comparison videos last night and noticed the differences and similarities. As someone mentioned previously, the characters do look a bit flat and that might be due to the lack of shadowing in this season. The previous transformation scenes also look more cinematic while this season is more cartoonish. Looking at the new animation, the backgrounds have more detail compared to the first two seasons. I'm sure the people in charge of the animation style are trying hard to please everyone.
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 11:31 am

SOOOOO. PRETTYYYYY. I NEED THE SONGS NOW
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Lazurite
Star Seed

Lazurite

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime6th April 2016, 12:27 pm

Ooooh! Such a cool first ep! And poor Naru never got her introduction lol. I alsol liked the new transformations, especially Moon and Mars transformation! And imagine how this would look on the blu-ray! *_*

I really like the cute gag expressions on the characters. Just like what Naoko wanted! Opening and Ending songs are great, especially the Opening theme! I love Etsuko's music. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lazuritedreams.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpLQ_PiguwAficl_2a59MXw
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]   Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 27 Discussion [Spoilers]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top