The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Empty
PostSubject: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 7:32 pm

Queen Beryl

Sailor Moon's first nemesis.

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Beryl_10
[Stayka's Dark Kingdom]

Queen Beryl was the leader of the Dark Kingdom. The four Shitenou; Jadeite, Nephrite, Zoisite and Kunzite as well as youma were all under her direction. Beryl was a very cold, callous woman with a terrible temper that was quick to flare. She was extremely impatient with the Shitennou. She demanded a high level of respect from them and likewise from youma but showed the same level of devotion to her own ruler, Queen Metallia.

In the anime:

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Beryl_11
[Stayka's Dark Kingdom]

Queen Beryl first appears in episode 1. At first, she was only seen given orders to the Shitennou, with an immense level of control over them. Later, she began communicating with Queen Metallia after she was awakened, taking orders and managing the day-to-day operations of the Dark Kingdom.

Sounds like a regular job doesn't it?

We learn of Queen Beryl's past and her influence on the Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Kamen and the inner Senshi that her past actions had on them in episode 44. In the last episode the final battle takes place in which Queen Beryl turns into... SUPER Queen Beryl or Queen Metallia (for whatever you fancy her to be, I think it's possibly a mash up of the two).

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Metall10
[Stayka's Dary Kingdom]

In the manga:

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread M_bery10
[The Oracle]

Queen Beryl is the main villain for volumes 1 to 3. There is a small history of Queen Beryl explained in the manga. During the Silver Millennium, Queen Beryl was a simple peasant girl on Earth. She was secretly in love with Prince Endymion. She also became very jealous of the romance between the Prince and the Moon Princess. This gave Queen Metallia the perfect chance to persuade Queen Beryl to join the Dark Kingdom and its attempt to destroy the Moon Kingdom.

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Materi10
[A young Beryl and Queen Beryl from the Materials Collection art book, credits to http://missdream.org/]

-

Queen Beryl is certainly a fine villain. I love her villainy sex appeal, the cat like appearance, her flaming red hair and yellow eyes. I remember when I was a little younger I used to jokingly think she had major liver problems. Wink

All jokes aside she is the first of the villains and for most of us the only one we knew for a long time growing up - definitely before I discovered the other seasons - so she will always have a special place in my heart. She was scary. She was like a really grumpy woman who never got her way.

-

So what do you think about Queen Beryl? Add your opinions and post pictures, fan art, amvs, funny pictures etc. right here! Oh and I’m leaving her other appearances in such things as the musicals to you to fill in. Because I know there’s a keen Moonie out there who wanted to do this. Wink

Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 7:34 pm

She looks a lot better before she was corrupted. Young Beryl is pretty. ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 8:51 pm

I want to go watch the dub so I can make a list of her quotes for the dub. She came up with some funny names for the Sailor Scouts.

I know at some point she called them "Sailor Brats!"
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 9:03 pm

Personally I think Queen Beryl in the anime was done very poorly. The poor woman was totally devoid of her manga/musical/pgsm personality! Even another story gave her personality XD

I adoooore Queen Beryl with all my heart. One of my all time favourite characters. She's a fascinating person who I feel so much sympathy for. <3 Endymion couldn't see her for who she was.

Of course, in the musicals shes portrayed in the her first five appearances by Yuri Nishina and then her last two by Akiko Miyazawa (former Sailor Venus actress)

Truly remarkable voices and among the best actresses myu has to offer.

Beryl has the following songs in the musicals:

Yami koso Utsukushii (Darkness is Beautiful)
Yami no Hitsugi (Sarcophagus of Darkness)
Tenkuu no Utage (Banquet of the Sky)
Onna no Ronsou (Dispute Among Women)
Kaze no Shijin (Poet of the Sky)

Her duets with Sailor Pluto and Mamoru are very beautiful songs :3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 11:29 pm

"She is very concerned with the inner appearance of her underground palace, and so she keeps the lights dim to create a more dramatic and scary atmosphere."

Beryl, you creeper.

I can see her going around punishing people for turning lights on - some of her minions resort to using flashlights when she's not around, unable to clearly see by the scarce torchlight but terrified by her wrath at using the main lights.

Also, she records herself making spooky ghost noises and plays them in abandoned sections of the palace, just in case anyone ventures in there.

This has been a daily dose of Beryl silliness. I have a deep love for the character, especially when I found out she did it all in anger over unrequited love, but still so enjoy parodies.

Oh! Such as this little bit of hilarity:

Beryl Writes - a snippet of Queen Beryl's journal entries
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime24th January 2012, 11:38 pm

Bahahahahaha XD I would like to see more diary entries from other villains... Perhaps a thread in the future :3

Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 1:51 am

Queen Beryl is my favourite villian! I love her! I love how she is always with that crystal ball lol. Me and my mum sometimes like pretending to be her cackling with an invisible crystal ball XD

this is by kir-tat on deviantart
Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Queen_Beryl_sama_by_kir_tat
Queen Beryl Dedication Thread Queen_Beryl-6435

and I had to share Beryl's face on this doll! LOL!
Queen Beryl Dedication Thread 5573993576_7bcbcfd380_z
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen Beryl Dedication Thread   Queen Beryl Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Queen Beryl Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top