The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

the new manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2011, 8:07 pm

We all probably heard about people complaining about the new Sailor Moon manga, but what Sailor V manga? I haven't heard anything about this one. Was it translated better?
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2011, 8:20 pm

After reading it, the V manga seemed fine to me. Any complaints that were made about the first volume of the Sailor Moon manga will probably be very similar to the Sailor V one. They used honorifics and weren't always consistent with the way they used them. Also they call Motoki "bro", which i think i can agree that i don't like it. If they are going to use honorifics why can't they have kept the onii-san or whatever it is they say originally. I forget. lols

However, despite that, I am in the same opinion as I have for the SM manga, and i think its just kinda nitpicky and I still think its a wonderful high quality manga release.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2011, 8:24 pm

I saw it on Tumblr and it looked so pretty! I want it so badly D:

I guess there will always be unhappy fans in fandoms *sighs* Why can't people be grateful? It's like people complaining about english dubs. I'm like at least it got brought over here so you can actually go buy it and watch in Japanese!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2011, 8:30 pm

I am in a bit of an agreement. While I understand some complaints, mostly made by Moonkitty.net, I think Katy (Sailor Cosmos and silvermoon424 on tumblr) made a great tumblr post about it earlier today that I read in response to an ask.

http://silvermoon424.tumblr.com/post/10456664872/whats-hilarious-is-the-guy-that-started-this-whole

There. She really makes a good point imo. They have the right to complain about things, but they are honestly taking it way to far imo. Its just more annoying than anything. And its sad because I really respect Moonkitty.net as a great source for Sailor Moon info and he's made these awesome tour videos of places from the Sailor Moon anime and manga, which are great if you wanna go touring Japan in the future. And then there is this. Sad
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2011, 8:34 pm

Quote :
There. She really makes a good point imo. They have the right to
complain about things, but they are honestly taking it way to far imo.
Its just more annoying than anything. And its sad because I really
respect Moonkitty.net as a great source for Sailor Moon info and he's
made these awesome tour videos of places from the Sailor Moon anime and
manga, which are great if you wanna go touring Japan in the future. And
then there is this. Sad

I know right? I really love his work and then his review! Gah! I mean people do have a right to complain, but does it have to be every little thing?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 9:06 am

AWWWWWW, Brit-Brit!! Thank you for linking me! I'm happy you agree with me! Very Happy

At first, I was totally okay with people pointing out errors or weird translations, because I respect their opinion and some of them DID seem sort of odd.... but then they just keep piling onto it. I got upset when Brad of Moonkitty.net said it was a "half-baked product." I think that went way too far.

Anyway, the V translation is very cute and accurate! I love how they kept in how some people call Minako "Mina" (Like Artemis and her best friend, Hikaru) as a nickname.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 10:52 am

I really think my only complaint would have to be the consistancy of the honorifics. They aren't always used and i kinda wished they had called Motoki something other than "bro". I mean just keep onii-san or something. I dunno. And those were things that were pointed out. But i swear to god, its my only complaint. And people just like bitched up a storm! I really love everything else about it.

I've decided to ignore it for a while because its really annoying and I want to enjoy my manga in peace. I don't know if Brad quite understands how it feels over here in the States and Canada and for english speaking people to get a release finally AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. He's been in japan (i don't know how long), but he's been able to see things over there. Which is super awesome and lucky of him. But really to just sit there and stomp on it in our faces. My god, i wanted to cry when i first heard that they were finally bringing it here.

OH AND GUESS WHAT i saw an article on tumblr (if i find it again i'll link it), Sailor Moon and Sailor V are 1st and 2nd on the top selling manga list. Beating out titles such as Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach. There's some girl power for ya! HAH.
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 11:45 am

I saw the same article! I thought that was a really good fact for Sailor Moon and Sailor V, and I hope that it tells Kodansha that this whole whining from the others are just one sector of the population. A whole lot of us still love it! I don't know if anyone else saw this, but I think moonkitty is trying to get people to start a writing campaign basically to tell them that they thought the translations were crap. A large part of me worries that Kodansha might just think we're all not worth continuing with the project and stop releasing. Hopefully being the top of the manga list will tell them that we do care!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:22 pm

What gets me about moonkitty complaining about the translations is that he never read the manga before. Well at least, Mixx's version. He needs to see a mixx copy to see that new mangas are huge upgrade from the old ones. Also I wish him other people realize this is the first volume! Kodanasha has plenty of time time to fix their errors.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:26 pm

Zaithat wrote:
I saw the same article! I thought that was a really good fact for Sailor Moon and Sailor V, and I hope that it tells Kodansha that this whole whining from the others are just one sector of the population. A whole lot of us still love it! I don't know if anyone else saw this, but I think moonkitty is trying to get people to start a writing campaign basically to tell them that they thought the translations were crap. A large part of me worries that Kodansha might just think we're all not worth continuing with the project and stop releasing. Hopefully being the top of the manga list will tell them that we do care!

Well as much as I've seen drama from Moon-chase in the past, Moon-chase is really good at writing POSITIVE letter campaigns. They were the ones that sent a huge report of surveys taken about the manga to Kodansha, which I think was a big help in bringing it back over to the states. I know a lot of sites have problems with Moon-Chase, but I think they are a good rallying cry for us who want Sailor Moon back for English speaking countries. ALSO, if you want to write a letter to Kodansha (i meant to a while back but totally forgot) thanking them, then you can get their address from Moon-chase's website. I FOUND MAH LETTER. HERE'S THE ADDRESS I HAVE:

Marketing and Sales Office
Kodansha America, LLC
451 Park Avenue South,
New York, NY 10016

SRSLY. Send them letters THANKING them! I think its important to at least acknowledge a few mistakes, because constructive criticism is good, but we should still THANK THEM a lot for bringing SM back to us.
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:33 pm

You know, I might just write them a letter thanking them! And to let them know I have already pre-ordered every single volume I could right now. I hope that the sales might speak louder than individuals, especially to a company who might be interested in more releases the anime or other products.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:35 pm

I went and edited my thank you letter. I have to buy ink and won't be able to until payday, but this is what I have. I'd like some feedback on it. Smile

Quote :
Dear all at Kodansha America, LLC:

Thank you so much for bringing back Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon to the U.S.! I am a 23 year old recent graduate student with a Bachelor's of Fine Arts this past May. Naoko Takeuchi's works inspired me as a child to make art. I would not be where I am today if it were not for Sailor Moon! She is my beloved super hero that has been a huge influence on my life, and I am over joyed to finally see Naoko's works reprinted in the U.S. again!

I am just as excited and happy about Codename: Sailor V as well. This is such an exciting and happy time for us Sailor Moon fans here in the U.S. So, thank you so much for listening to us!

I have already bought the first volumes of both Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon and Codename: Sailor V. I love them a lot! I've noticed some complaints around the internet, and while there could be improvements of some of the translations, overall it is a well done product. I think the only problem I noticed was a bit of inconsistency with using the Japanese honorifics. However, I love the quality and beauty of the print, especially the inclusion of colored pages. I still have my old Mixx/Tokyo Pop releases of the Sailor Moon manga, and I have to be honest, they are falling apart and not due to wear and tear! They've stayed on a shelf pretty much untouched for years. One of my volumes was falling apart after only reading it once. I love how these volumes feel like they will last me forever.

Again, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! I've already preordered the next volumes and cannot wait to till they come in. I will forever be a customer and fan of Kodansha!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:37 pm

Thats so sweet, Brit! I like it Smile
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:43 pm

I like it Brit! I think it's very sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 12:56 pm

That was WONDERFUL, Brit!! I'm going to write my own letter as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime25th September 2011, 1:17 pm

Thank you! We all should totally write letters. For real. XD
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 2:22 pm

Regarding MoonKitty's review, I'm glad to see that other people agreed that he was nitpicking waay too much. I was pretty stunned when he said that honorifics shouldn't be kept in, and then complained about Motoki being called "bro" instead of "onii-san". o.O;;;

I think that Kodansha did a beautiful job on both Sailor Moon and Sailor V, and I'm eagerly awaiting the next volumes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime4th October 2011, 7:41 pm

So Moonkitty.net has released his Sailor V review and its just as dismal as his PGSM Vol. 1 review.

Read it here: http://www.moonkitty.net/review-kodansha-new-codename-sailor-v-manga-01.php

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
schizophonica
Star Seed

schizophonica

Star Seed

Title : Dramatis Personae: Prima Donna

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime4th October 2011, 7:49 pm

I'm just pleased that it's out for those who can read and speak English! I don't care if words aren't translated properly (some words, like the English language, can have different meanings), or if there's a bit of an awkward sentence, I'm just pleased that I can read it!
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th October 2011, 3:22 pm

Honestly I'm just happy I can read it in English. It was no fun trying to read the manga with a Japanese-English dictionary on hand, reminding me how I'm at an elementary school child's comprehension level lol.

I'm in love with it! It's so nice to be able to go to the bookstore and pick up anything Sailor Moon again! Now I can replace my old MIXX versions that are all falling apart. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th October 2011, 3:35 pm

Okay, now I guess we're going to hear people badmouthing V now. Great.

I was actually more excited for Sailor V because it's never been officially translated before. Quite honestly, I think we should be even more grateful for V because the odds that it would be translated were very slim (Other than Sailor Moon, have you seen any of Takeuchi's other works translated here?)
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th October 2011, 4:01 pm

Seriously, people need to get over themselves and just be happy with it. Sure it's got some issues, but how many manga don't in their first volumes? I just think some people are spoiled by fan translations that make everything so literal. It's almost like people complaining over official anime translations vs fan-subs. I wonder is it because people are just following MoonKitty as the end all be all, or just trying to justify not spending the money on something they probably already have for free?

In the case of Sailor V, I was floored when I heard it was being translated. It's been something I have always wanted to read (properly) and now I can.

I would love to see Miss Rain or Toki-Mega released.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th October 2011, 5:16 pm

innocentvenus wrote:
Seriously, people need to get over themselves and just be happy with it. Sure it's got some issues, but how many manga don't in their first volumes? I just think some people are spoiled by fan translations that make everything so literal. It's almost like people complaining over official anime translations vs fan-subs. I wonder is it because people are just following MoonKitty as the end all be all, or just trying to justify not spending the money on something they probably already have for free?

In the case of Sailor V, I was floored when I heard it was being translated. It's been something I have always wanted to read (properly) and now I can.

I would love to see Miss Rain or Toki-Mega released.

I'd love to see The Cherry Project released! <3

I wonder if anyone has considered officially releasing Miss Takeuchi's other works?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th October 2011, 5:55 pm

It would be nice if they were released in some kind of anthology or something. I love her other works. I found them scanlated and have been reading them. Cherry Project was very sweet.

But I felt the Sailor V release was better than the PGSM one. I didn't notice any weird errors or anything, but I haven't totally read all of MoonKitty's review. I just wanted to see what people thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th June 2017, 12:51 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
ALSO, if you want to write a letter to Kodansha (i meant to a while back but totally forgot) thanking them, then you can get their address from Moon-chase's website. I FOUND MAH LETTER. HERE'S THE ADDRESS I HAVE:

Marketing and Sales Office
Kodansha America, LLC
451 Park Avenue South,
New York, NY 10016

SRSLY. Send them letters THANKING them! I think its important to at least acknowledge a few mistakes, because constructive criticism is good, but we should still THANK THEM a lot for bringing SM back to us.

Maybe we can hold a little letter-writing campaign in honor of the Perfect Edition releases the new manga 3186387542 (I've never started anything like that on a forum, but would be totally happy to if there's any interest at all.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th June 2017, 3:03 pm

Diagnosed wrote:
Maybe we can hold a little letter-writing campaign in honor of the Perfect Edition releases the new manga 3186387542 (I've never started anything like that on a forum, but would be totally happy to if there's any interest at all.)

YES! This is a great idea, I think this would be an awesome thing for us to do to show Kodansha our appreciation! the new manga 1955989781

(Also, that was an epic thread bump Cool )
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th June 2017, 3:34 pm

Excellent!! the new manga 1984953407

Last edited by Diagnosed on 6th June 2017, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime5th June 2017, 8:50 pm

Wow I totally forgot about this thread. 2013. 4 years ago. I forgot I even wrote a letter to Kodansha. Did I even ever send it? I have no recollection. Haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the new manga Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new manga   the new manga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the new manga

View previous topic View next topic Back to top