The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Swan Cat
Star Seed

Star Seed

Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? Empty
PostSubject: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime25th December 2017, 10:43 pm

They recently released the manga. Why do it again?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime26th December 2017, 5:43 am

To fix any translation errors.
Back to top Go down
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime26th December 2017, 7:22 am

I wouldn't buy the new manga again since I invested already in the TokyoPop and the older Kodansha ones. The covers are nice for the newer releases though.
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime26th December 2017, 7:33 am

there are small changes in the new releases. mostly artwork but there are some additions and removed some stuff and compressed them into less volumes but more pages per volume.

The new releases have different cover art sets. Some of the new releases have special cover art.

I'd say get it for collections because despite some changes the story is still the same
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime26th December 2017, 8:17 am

If you're a big collector I say go for it. If you're only buying it to read it, I'd suggest going on Miss Dream or a website like that and reading it online, since it's the same basic story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
Jaawsshhh
Pyramidal Crystal

Jaawsshhh

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime28th December 2017, 7:23 pm

Money.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime1st January 2018, 7:20 am

Moderator's Note:

Because this thread is more of a discussion than information on Sailor Moon news or merch, I have moved it to the General SM Discussion section. Please keep in mind which types of threads are appropriate for each section for future posting.

Thank you for understanding! ~Artemis Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? 3966538365

And in answer to your question, Swan Cat, I found a great article on sailormoonnews.com that I think explains what's different about this new release really well--check it out here! Basically, this release is aiming to act as the "definitive edition" for Sailor Moon fans--the pages are larger (meaning less volumes than Kodansha with 10 instead of 12), it includes more full-color artwork pages that are now on glossy paper, and according to Amazon it features an updated translation. I may purchase these in the future, but it's not very high priority for me since I already own all the Kodansha volumes and am very satisfied with them.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime1st January 2018, 12:21 pm

I’d only buy them because I’m a diehard collector, though I do have all of the Kodansha releases. I wish they’d release a new art book, especially since we were promised one but never got it.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2018, 7:56 am

I have the Kodansha manga in English and the Japanese release of the "perfect" edition and I must say that the new release is really worth it! The pages are large, high quality and beautiful to look at. Many pages are colored, recolored and edited, the cover is holographic and it has french flaps. The English version of this release has all of this plus an improved translation! 

Here's some differences between volume 1 of the two versions I have but these low res pictures definitely don't do the manga justice:

major spoilers for the entire sailor moon manga explaining how the story is now divided into 10 volumes and why this makes more sense:
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2018, 3:06 pm

I've been considering buying some of the eternal edition, because my sister and I currently share the Kodansha version and she's moving out this summer so we'll both want our own set. Especially after seeing what Usa-chan said about the color pages and the way they split the story across volumes, I'll probably go for it!

One thing I've considered though is waiting to see if they will release all of the volumes in a box set(s) together like they did after the initial release of the Kodansha set... In any case, I'm holding off a bit until more volumes are released.

Also, I've heard about the updated translation, and I know some of the issues with the Kodansha release, but has anyone seen comparisons between the Kodansha and eternal edition? I've seen comparisons for the bilingual version, but I can't remember if I've seen any for this...
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2018, 3:09 pm

I just realized they haven't actually released it yet, which explains why I haven't seen any translation comparisons! If they do fix the translation though, that would push me over the edge into definitely buying the eternal edition instead of getting the Kodansha box sets, though I might get the eternal edition anyways!
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime11th January 2018, 1:06 pm

ARGH!! I just went to go pre-order the 3rd one and they've upped the price by $14CAD! That's 61.5% of the original price of 22.90!!! Nuuuuuu -______-....

Collecting them at under $25/volume (again, CAD) was acceptable for me but this...

Ugh... Goodness... I'm really not sure what to do at this point >.>.... I guess wait until the end of the month to check out vol 1 and see if I feel like it's worth it?? At least there's only 12 of them including Sailor V ^^;;;.... x_x.

EDIT: Oh and apparently the release date has been pushed to April as well. Double ARGH! ><
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?   Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the rerelased manga worth buying since they recently recenltly released the manga a few years ago?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top