The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 1:37 pm

ok so in japan they released all the sailor moon arcs onto dvd. they have been remastered. The arcs are all divided into two volumes each so a grand total of 10 volumes for the five arcs. the dvd's on amazon range from 7,000 to 9,000 yen which is basically between 200-400 american dollars. so the dvds are region 2 because they were released for the japanese audience(they use region 2, in america its region 1) and the dvds do not come with subtitles. all together if you buy ALL the volumes your grand total should be inbetween 2,000-4,000 american dollars. yes its expensive but if you were given the money would you buy these box sets?

here is the link to the dvd boxsets on amazon japan
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B002OCT850?ie=UTF8&tag=moonkittynet-22&linkCode=as2&camp=247&creative=7399&creativeASIN=B002OCT850

here is a review from moonkittynet
http://www.moonkitty.net/dvd-sailor-moon-20th-anniversary-box-set-1-review.php
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 1:44 pm

Honestly, as much as I would like them, I would not. I would wait for an official English release. I personally don't see a point of me getting them, no matter how nice the quality is. I don't understand Japanese without subs and I can either watch them online or watch my own DVDs that I own, even though its not the remastered copies.

The second they announce an English release of the remastered DVDs you bet i'll be buying that!
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 1:47 pm

If they were subbed, and had the option of the entire english dub as well (and if I actually had that insane amount of money lying around, XD), yes, I would buy it. It'd be completely amazing. :3
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 2:14 pm

if they release a region 1 english sub version for a better price then i would buy them
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 3:24 pm

Brit-chan pretty much said it. Smile

Plus, when it ever comes out in the States, gotta support the franchise!!!
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 7:43 pm

I'm with everyone else. I would love it if they released the subbed version in the Region 1 DVDs. I would love to support the franchise! I don't even care if they're missing the dub, I would probably still want to buy them.

I do really like the covers of the DVDs, but I like pretty things.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime18th September 2011, 10:06 pm

I am with Brit-chan on this one. I would just watch my DVD's I have. I don't see the remastering any better then the regular, so that could be why.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 2:12 pm

I probably wouldn't. I would prefer a new English release. And anyway, I...Already own the series as a bootleg (don't kill me!), so it wouldn't be worth buying expensive new copies with no subs just for the high quality. ^^;;;
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 8:33 pm

Kyasariin wrote:
I probably wouldn't. I would prefer a new English release. And anyway, I...Already own the series as a bootleg (don't kill me!), so it wouldn't be worth buying expensive new copies with no subs just for the high quality. ^^;;;

Don't worry you aren't the only one who has bought bootleg! XD
Back to top Go down
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 4:43 am

I don't own a single Sailor Moon DVD Sad. I have TV rips and old videotapes. They are releasing DVDs here for the first time, with the portuguese dub and the original with portuguese subs. I'm waiting for those.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 10:49 pm

Gah. If only it was region 0 and had english subs I would buy this in a heartbeat. I've seen some transformation sequences on MoonlightMiracle's tumblr and they look absolutely immaculate. The sound quality is superb as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

Title : Advisor to the Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 11:21 am

$2-4k for DVDs I can't understand?
Nope.
No way, no how.

If it's re-released in English, I'll buy it if I can afford it!
Back to top Go down
http://bunnyblushies.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 11:33 am

It probably wouldn't be so bad if the US dollar wasn't so weak right now. :/
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 11:35 am

Probably not, but it's not like we have another way of paying for it. Bleh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?   Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon DVD Re-Releases. Worth it or not?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top