The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Doctor Who?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

Doctor Who? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime8th April 2013, 4:46 pm

I am fan girling over David Tennant returning. He's my first love, I mean Dr....yeah that's it Dr.
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 9:13 pm

Cold War
I hate to say it, but this episode felt underwhelming to me. Maybe it was due to the high expectations of an old Who monster returning after being away for so long, or maybe the writing just didn't excels as much for me in this (don't know much about Mark Gatiss writing or Douglas Mackinnon directing) but this was the first and only Eleven Doctor story so far that I honestly didn't like. You'd think with the premise of being trapped in a submarine with a monster during an age of tension between two mega powers would be exciting but the delivery fell short, and even the Doctor and Clara doesn't seem to shine too brightly in this episode for me, and I say that as a huge fan of both. I also can't help but wonder if perhaps the forty minute run time (which is standard for America TV but not so much the UK from what I'm aware) is hurting it, since it used to have more time than that in the past to flesh out stories.

There is also a bit of "been there, done that" with the most prime example being of "Dalek" back in Series One, but with a show that has been telling stories since 1963 that's bound to happen every now and again. Overall, didn't suck me in like the other episodes. I'm curious what you guys thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 10:20 pm

I agree with Tori's assessment for the new eps- except for Rings of Akhenaten. I wasn't too enthused by it and was rather underwhelmed somewhat. However the singing there was just beautiful though. I really loved the singing parts and mentions of the granddaughter.

but yeah, Cold war was such a flop for me. I didn't even watch it all the way through.

I'm trying so hard to give these eps a chance to grow on me, but so far I'm not amused with them. Maybe the next one will be better?

(Also, not a fan of the anniversary ep coming up. Mostly because- Rose. Why Rose? why not Mickey? Jack? Martha? anyone but Rose, again. I felt like we didn't need to see her again after her story was resolved. v.v; I would've taken Amy/Rory before they got trapped in the 50s.)
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 10:46 pm

I also spoke too soon on Rings of Akhenaten. Not too long after my mini review of the ep. I saw the fandom was more split 50/50 on how they felt about it than anything else.

Rose's return is more than likely due to her popularity as a character and the popularity of the romance she had with the tenth incarnation of the Doctor, namely for those who watched during the RTD Era. Rose didn't grow on me until Series Four, I personally preferred her successors.

Next episode does look promising.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime13th April 2013, 11:51 pm

I agree whole-heartedly. I tried to like Rose, but I have a weird thing where I hate watching characters who are in a relationship but treat their partners badly. For all tense and purposes, she did treat Mickey terribly. Ever since then, I just couldn't deal with her and it never felt like she apologized for that.

I liked her much later around the whole thing with Donna. that was kinda nice.

(and yeah, I'm with you, I liked her successors way much better.)

I know she's being brought back out of popularity, it irks me a little but I'm betting they couldn't get eccelston back at all.

Eh, true, I liked Ten but I also don't like him at the same time. <.>; it's weird, you know?
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime17th April 2013, 4:23 pm

I loved Saturday's episode. I honestly like Moffat.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime17th April 2013, 5:06 pm

I enjoy Moffat's work more than not, both as head writer and writing stand-alone episodes. Though Moffat didn't write the previous episode, that was written by Mark Gatiss. I think I may have to give it a second watch through.

We have five episodes left before the end of Series 7, then after that the 50th Anniversary Special is scheduled to air on November 23rd which they're currently filming for. And of course the usual Christmas special will be the month after that.

Good news for fans of Clara, Jenna-Louise Coleman has confirmed that she is returning for Series 8 which will begin filming in September. Source

And here are some goodies from the filming of the 50th Anniversary special!

Doctor Who? - Page 8 79mvMLL

Doctor Who? - Page 8 BGRAm3p

Yes, yes.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime17th April 2013, 5:20 pm

Awesome!!!
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime17th April 2013, 5:34 pm

In addition we're also getting a TV-movie called An Adventure in Space and Time which is a dramatic re-telling of the creation of the show back in 1963. Also set to air some time in November but an exact date has not been announced.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 11:27 am

I haven't even gotten the chance to watch the last two episodes yet and one airs tonight. I really loved Clara in Aslyum and loved, loved, loved her in Snowmen, but the one in Bells of St. John not so much. Kinda wish she was the version from the 1800s because it's be great to have an older era companion again.

If they want to bring Rose back, please let Tennant play Handy. I'd rather they not go back and have Eleven visit Ten, but it seems like it'll be that way.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 1:18 pm

I feel like it'd be sort of a cheat if it did turn out to be Handy. The Doctor usually tends to meet his past incarnations in anniversary specials like these. In their 10th year anniversary the third incarnation of the Doctor met his first and second bringing back William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton. Their 20th Anniversary saw once again the return of the first and second incarnations of the Doctor combined with the third to meet the fifth. Then there was the Dimensions in Time special which saw the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh incarnations of the Doctor meet for the 30th. So it's become somewhat of a tradition during the specials. The only non-special I can think of where the Doctor met a past incarnation of himself was a Children in Need charity event short where Ten met Five.

In other news the last episode of Doctor Who for Series 7 has just been announced a couple of days ago:

Doctor Who? - Page 8 JEgmHmx
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime21st April 2013, 7:10 am

Sorry, double posting again. I tend to do that. Wanted to talk about the latest episode now that I finally got around to watching it.

Hide
Much better than last week's episode. A nice tribute to classic ghost stories with just enough scenes to make you jump out of your seat, a couple of twists to look forward to and some more Classic Who references along the way. And who doesn't love an old scary house? For a moment there the Professor and his assistant honestly looked like Jeff Goldblum and Neve Campbell to me though I knew they weren't. Props to Neil Cross and Jamie Payne. Looking forward to next week as always.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2013, 11:34 am

I loved the episode. I was so amazed and impressed and reminded as to why I love Dr. Who. I am just very curious about who Clara really is and how it's all going to unfold.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime27th April 2013, 8:26 pm

Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS
I think this might be the best episode yet. A small group of salvagers pick up a damaged TARDIS and the Doctor finds that Clara is still inside. It's the salvage of a lifetime and they don't have much time left to save Clara. There's something in the TARDIS, but what? You'll have to watch to find out. I found the episode very engaging, however those following the Clara story may feel a tad bit cheated by the end of the episode.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime27th April 2013, 8:51 pm

Summarizing this epsiode:

Silent Hill meets Dead Space, Meets Doctor Who.

Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime1st May 2013, 12:05 pm

I feel as if the episodes are getting better and better as it's progressing.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 6:21 am

Unfortunately it had to happen sometime, but BBC just announced that Matt Smith is leaving the show during this years Christmas Special.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 7:44 am

^ I wish they didn't tell us Matt was going to stay for another series, that was just wrong. But as you said, it had to happen.
I'm not so excited about a new Doctor coming, though. But I wish Matt the best <3
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 10:02 am

innocentvenus wrote:
Unfortunately it had to happen sometime, but BBC just announced that Matt Smith is leaving the show during this years Christmas Special.

While Matt Smith has grown on me, I'm a bit happy for the change. He's stayed just about as long as Tennant did and I think any longer would have been pushing it. I can't wait to see what they'll do. My only concern is according to classic who the 12th regeneration is supposed to be the last? Not positive (i can't really remember xD). And then there is this theory that he kind of reset his regenerations. As long as it doesn't end! I feel we can milk at least a few more seasons with a new Doctor before ending it. Smile
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 10:26 am

Twelve regenerations is all a Time Lord gets, but that was made at a time where there was no way the producers of the show thought they were going to be around for fifty years (hiatus from television notwithstanding). I haven't even heard or seen the twelve regenerations mentioned in New Who and in Sarah Jane Adventures The Doctor said he could regenerate over five-hundred times. And even if they were still acknowledging that rule, River Song fixed that issue when she gave him all his regenerations.

I'm bothered that the BBC told us two weeks ago that Matt Smith was signed on for Series 8, they really need to get their act together there. I look forward to seeing who the new Doctor is, expect it to be a face that the main population doesn't know, as per tradition.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 4:44 pm

The thirteen regeneration limit was imposed by the Time Lords, so without them they could just fudge it because he's the last of them. Also they could get around it by saying he picked up extra regenerations from River when she sacrificed hers to save his life, like TorJ said above.

Honestly, I don't know how much longer they can keep the show running as is. The last season half received the lowest views in the UK since it began in 2005, which is very concerning. Most of the commenters I'm seeing are crying for Moffat to be removed, as very few people are really happy with his handling of the show lately.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 6:36 pm

Honestly, I just hope it ends. I don't really like this season much. Even though I love Jenny's crew, I can't really like it. (like how contrived Clara's iintelligence was made to up to be after the first epsiode.)

Eh. I don't know. The thirteenth doctor was mentioned in the earlier runs, during the trial of the time lord and then eventually was 'erased' from existence for a reason.

so I don't know where they're going here. the whole 'Missing' regeneration thing is..eh.. I think it is half a scapegoat because they couldn't get Eccelstone to guest star again.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 9:33 pm

ToriJ wrote:
Twelve regenerations is all a Time Lord gets, but that was made at a time where there was no way the producers of the show thought they were going to be around for fifty years (hiatus from television notwithstanding). I haven't even heard or seen the twelve regenerations mentioned in New Who and in Sarah Jane Adventures The Doctor said he could regenerate over five-hundred times. And even if they were still acknowledging that rule, River Song fixed that issue when she gave him all his regenerations.

I'm bothered that the BBC told us two weeks ago that Matt Smith was signed on for Series 8, they really need to get their act together there. I look forward to seeing who the new Doctor is, expect it to be a face that the main population doesn't know, as per tradition.

innocentvenus wrote:
The thirteen regeneration limit was imposed by the Time Lords, so without them they could just fudge it because he's the last of them. Also they could get around it by saying he picked up extra regenerations from River when she sacrificed hers to save his life, like TorJ said above.

Honestly, I don't know how much longer they can keep the show running as is. The last season half received the lowest views in the UK since it began in 2005, which is very concerning. Most of the commenters I'm seeing are crying for Moffat to be removed, as very few people are really happy with his handling of the show lately.

Oh thanks for this information! That clears up that stuff. And I agree, this last half of Se07 was a lot better than the first half (i liked that the opening sequence was very old school), but the majority of the episodes weren't written by Muppet (thats my nickname for him). I would like to see new head writer soon. The show has the budget to look and be amazing, it just needs good writing direction now.
Back to top Go down
Aquila
Pyramidal Crystal

Aquila

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : oscillating whooshing sound

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 10:26 pm

Well, I'd prefer it to end on a bang than staying forever and becoming a bad show. But who knows? The next doctor might be really cool, and they might replace Muppet (lol!)

I'm surprised when you said that the last season got low ratings... I guess it's more popular on the Internet now than on the actual television? Kind of like My Little Pony has done?
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2013, 10:32 pm

Everything's more popular on the Internet. In the far away future networks will be abolished and all shows will just be uploaded on the Internet as soon as they're ready to be viewed instead of having to wait months like we're doing now.
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 1:04 pm

ToriJ wrote:
Everything's more popular on the Internet. In the far away future networks will be abolished and all shows will just be uploaded on the Internet as soon as they're ready to be viewed instead of having to wait months like we're doing now.

AMEN.

And I just wanted to share this fan made trailer, because is amazing <3 Especially for those who love Sherlock too.

Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Bad Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 2:09 pm

That video gave me too many feels Jupiter Doctor Who? - Page 8 2869872805 is just perfection! and I cry because I know it will never be real Doctor Who? - Page 8 1948543417 

I also have a few information from the 50th anniversary trailer that they showed on SDCC 

*River voice* Spoilers!:

And the only images that the BBC has released

Guess which alien?:

Also, here you have an incredible awesome (but fanmade, sadly) trailer for the 50th anniversary

Doctor Who? - Page 8 And+Now+We+Wait
Back to top Go down
http://koijustice.tumblr.com http://sayuri-chiba.deviantart.com
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 2:23 pm

Only Doctor Who can manage to get me excited waiting for a trailer >.>
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 2:57 pm

-Tried to be excited-
-can't-

No Martha and well the alien of the week isn't surprising much, if at all. Honestly I kinda wish Moffat would go. I'm not too happy with his choices.
Back to top Go down
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Bad Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 3:41 pm

I'm excited and scared of what Moffat will do. 
I'm not really a fan of how he is running the show, I feel that it has lost something with him there and I also would love to see him go Doctor Who? - Page 8 473108418 
But still, the anniversary makes me excited and I can't wait to watch it Doctor Who? - Page 8 3120693907
Back to top Go down
http://koijustice.tumblr.com http://sayuri-chiba.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Who?   Doctor Who? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Who?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top