The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Sailor Mau

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theory] Sailor Mau Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 8:06 pm

Given that Sailor Mau was killed by Tin Nyanko, and planet Mau no longer exists, does that make Diana the next Sailor Mau? After all, Artemis and Luna are the last of their kind, and Diana is female and thus could potentially inherit the Sailor Crystal of Mau, right?

Last edited by east02west on 18th March 2015, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 8:18 pm

Does this also imply that either Phobos or Deimos will go on to be Sailor Cronos?
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 8:47 pm

Ooh interesting idea! I could see it work in the series. Diana could become the Chibi Moon of the future Senshi and help them out
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime16th March 2015, 8:57 pm

The Amazon Quartet and the Sailor Acolytes?

The former corresponds to the inner senshi, but I can't really see there being any equivalence between the Outers and any which other group of Senshi that we've been exposed to. 

Sailor Lethe and Sailor Mnemosyne are the only ones I could see occupying the position of Pluto, and Sailor Mermaid for Neptune. Phobos and Deimos don't really strike me as equivalents to Saturn, or Uranus. Even so, only one of them would be able to go on to being a senshi.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime18th March 2015, 5:12 pm

Could this be moved to the Theories and Debate forum.

Thanks!

God bless.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime18th March 2015, 6:25 pm

The fuku is modeled after that of the purified Sailor Animamate Tin Nyanko, sans the cat ears.

This is my rendition of Diana as Sailor Mau:
[Theory] Sailor Mau Sailor19

Assuming she follows after Luna's hairstyle:
[Theory] Sailor Mau Sailor20
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:07 pm

east02west wrote:
Given that Sailor Mau was killed by Tin Nyanko, and planet Mau no longer exists, does that make Diana the next Sailor Mau? After all, Artemis and Luna are the last of their kind, and Diana is female and thus could potentially inherit the Sailor Crystal of Mau, right?
east02west wrote:
Does this also imply that either Phobos or Deimos will go on to be Sailor Cronos?
It's a cute idea, but if their planets were truly and totally destroyed, there would be no incubator for a Mau or Coronis crystal, thus no more Sailor Mau or Sailor Coronis. And if the planet was not destroyed as in blown up, but just emptied of life, the crystal could still grow within the planet, but if there were no life to protect there, it would not sent the Crystal out to become a Senshi. 

It was interesting to read that Phobos and Deimos both trained with Sailor Coronis on their home planet before travelling to the Solar System, but they died in the manga. Not having a Sailor Crystal disqualifies them from the option to be reborn. The same would be said of Diana, depending on whether you believe what Usagi saw in the river Lethe to be illusion or fact (...as their deaths sent ripples through time to alert Small Lady to what was going on, I tend to believe it was real).

So it's a really cute idea, and a fun alternate universe take, but strictly on Sailor Moon (Manga) lore, it wouldn't work like that.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:16 pm

I thought you stated in the other thread that all life has its source in the Galaxy Cauldron. Wouldn't that entail that if Luna and Artemis died that they'd be reborn?

The incubator for the Sailor Crystal would be anyone born from the planet who in like manner is female.

I'm not sure if it was merely a stylistic choice, but Diana retains the Mauan tail and bell choker that Tin Nyanko had. Luna doesn't appear to have this. I mean it is a distinct possibility that Chibiusa's guard be composed of Senshi from other systems,no?

Also, the Amazoness Quartet weren't around during Silver Millennium, so that implies that Usagi could theoretically create Crystals ex-nihilo. After all, why wouldn't Chibiusa just inherit her mother's guard?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:37 pm

east02west wrote:
I thought you stated in the other thread that all life has its source in the Galaxy Cauldron. Wouldn't that entail that if Luna and Artemis died that they'd be reborn?
It was only presented that Sailor Guardians had the option of rebirth.

Quote :
The incubator for the Sailor Crystal would be anyone born from the planet who in like manner is female.
The Sailor Crystal leaves the Galaxy Cauldron and implants itself in its planet, accumulating power and aligning itself to that celestial body. When it's ready, it then chooses a host to be born into. 
Yaten, Act 54 wrote:
All planetary bodies develop from "star seeds." And not just planetary bodies... their sizes, shapes, and names may vary, but all things that bear life start out as "star seeds." Both this planet and all its inhabitants possess "star seeds." Our planet, as well... and also... we Sailor Guardians, all of us developed from "star seeds", too. 

I've heard that Sailor Crystals are simply special "star seeds" that are born and sent to chosen planets. They grow alongside that planet, eventually becoming its guardian warrior and protecting it.
Now this could mean that the Sailor Crystal itself manifests a body and becomes a Sailor Guardian, or it could mean that when it's done growing alongside/inside a planet it chooses a host and is born, or that they immediately inhabit a fetus and are born and that growth period mentioned above is the girl herself actually growing up on the planet ("alongside the planet") and awakens as its guardian when needed. 

Either way though, the planet needs to be there and the crystal needs to grow alongside it. No planet, no guardian.
Quote :
I'm not sure if it was merely a stylistic choice, but Diana retains the Mauan tail and bell choker that Tin Nyanko had. Luna doesn't appear to have this. I mean it is a distinct possibility that Chibiusa's guard be composed of Senshi from other systems,no?
With her guardians being from Asteroids, I don't think she'd need a retinue of guardians from across the galaxy, especially as they would have their own planets to protect.
Quote :
Also, the Amazoness Quartet weren't around during Silver Millennium, so that implies that Usagi could theoretically create Crystals ex-nihilo. After all, why wouldn't Chibiusa just inherit her mother's guard?
It does suggest that the Silver Crystal has the ability to call sailor crystals out of dormant planets to serve as guardians to its heir (as I believe happened in the silver millennium with the senshi from all other dead planets), thereby tying those crystals to the silver crystal and allowing them to channel their powers into it. If the silver crystal bearer can pull crystals out of dormant celestial bodies, though, why would they bother looking outside the Solar system to begin with? There are thousands of options here, including some that are even greater in size than the moon, that have yet to turn into a senshi.

Why she wouldn't inherit her mother's guard though would be their inevitable 'retirement'; they'd have to return to the cauldron, choose to retire or be reborn (i'm thinking retire with serenity/usagi), and then you'd have that whole 'growing alongside' phase again.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:47 pm

So essentially the Inner Senshi would retire with their mistress, or at most go dormant for a period.

The Outer Senshi on the other hand would remain in their respective posts and fight "alongside" the Amazoness Quartet?

Heh...

One problem that I do have which I articulated in the Theory:Sailor Cosmos thread pertains to Helios and Darien's link each to the other. The Golden Crystal was not born in the Galaxy Cauldron, but rather has its own origin distinct from it. As such, once Darien passes so to does Helios. How does that work out for Chibiusa?

Likewise, is there any reason that the Shitennou aren't revived?
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:50 pm

The reason that I assumed she'd inherit intergalactic senshi has to do with the fact that it seemed odd to me that since she's not going to inherit her mother's guard (Outers included), who would replace them? 

I figured that intergalactic senshi might assume those roles.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 5:50 pm

east02west wrote:
So essentially the Inner Senshi would retire with their mistress, or at most go dormant for a period.

The Outer Senshi on the other hand would remain in their respective posts and fight "alongside" the Amazoness Quartet?

Heh...

One problem that I do have which I articulated in the Theory:Sailor Cosmos thread pertains to Helios and Darien's link each to the other. The Golden Crystal was not born in the Galaxy Cauldron, but rather has its own origin distinct from it. As such, once Darien passes so to does Helios. How does that work out for Chibiusa?

Likewise, is there any reason that the Shitennou aren't revived?

east02west wrote:
The reason that I assumed she'd inherit intergalactic senshi has to do with the fact that it seemed odd to me that since she's not going to inherit her mother's guard (Outers included), who would replace them? 

I figured that intergalactic senshi might assume those roles.
The outers would "retire" with their Princess. Saturn may linger on for a time to be with Chibi-Usa, but they all belonged to the same time, the same family, and the same Princess; at the end of their long lives they would all go to the Cauldron together, just as they were in the Stars arc. Their posts would be absent and remain that way, unless, perhaps, Chibi-Usa is able to harness the Silver Crystal power and awaken moon senshi from those posts - Sailor Titan, Sailor Miranda, Sailor Triton, for example. But still this goes back to personal beliefs at how the future would come to be -- in Usagi's lifetime, Crystal Tokyo became a shining spot in the universe. Her shine was heralded and known for parsecs around - not so much with Chibi-Usa, to our knowledge. There's a popular fan-theory about the silver crystal going through phases - waxing (Queen Serenity gaining power and strength), full (Usagi harnessing the power and, as Eternal Sailor Moon, "becoming" Sailor Cosmos), and waning (Chibi-Usa following in her mother's footsteps, doing her best but never living up to her supreme shine), and then new moon, where it goes dark. I like that theory - that Chibs only needs her four guardians because the power of the crystal is waning and the Solar System, while still a target, isn't exactly as huge a target it was before, so her guardians were sufficient. 

Re: Helios and Endymion, and, again this is all just me with my huge headcanon universe, they are connect much more loosely than the Princess and her Senshi; Endymion's Golden Crystal is paralleled to Serenity's Silver, so to me that means they must have similar origins, else hers would overpower his as much as she does the other senshi. The two celestial bodies that guard Mamoru are the Sun and Earth, so to me that means that the Golden Crystal is a fused crystal from Terra and Sol. Helios was the guardian of Sol in the way Luna was the guardian of Princess Serenity, and where the crystal went he followed, protecting from the background. When Mamoru/Endymion goes, Helios could remain - there's nothing tying their lives together. 

The only reason I can see why the shitennou are not revived is by choice. NQS showed she had the power when she resurrected and purified the Amazon gems and sent them back to sleep. With as much as his shitennou meant to Endymion, I doubt she would overlook them, which means that perhaps they did not wish for revival. A self-inflicted punishment, maybe. Maybe they were afraid they could be corrupted again.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime24th March 2015, 8:02 am

This particular source seems to imply that Naoko herself stated that the Lunar Mauans had Crystals similar to the Senshi and would thus be reborn:

http://www.moonkitty.net/what-happened-to-luna-artemis-diana-serenas-family-after-sailor-stars.php

The situation with Mamoru and Helios sharing a bond is explored in the Dreams Arc. Every time something happens to Mamoru, Helios himself experiences it. 

I have a theory that Helios is meant to be Queen Serenity's counterpart and is thus Mamoru in priestly form, in the same way that Queen Serenity is Usagi in Goddess form. The myths actually resolve the problem of Usagi's birth quite well.

I wonder if the Shittenou serve a purpose in Crystal Tokyo. It would be wise for Mamoru to have his guard revived and assembled then,no? After all, the Golden Kingdom comes to be restored in Dreams, so it would make sense for it to be the case.  

Lastly, the Amazoness Quartet can also be seen as the equivalent of Mamoru's guard. After all, the Amazoness quartet are earthlings proper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Sailor Mau   [Theory] Sailor Mau I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Sailor Mau

View previous topic View next topic Back to top