The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 6:36 pm

If DiC dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal, what do you think it would be like?  How would they go about Americanizing and censoring the show if they dubbed it like they dubbed the original show?  Of course the names and music would be changed, and they would insert the CGI scene transition graphics and Sailor Moon Says segments.  For censorship, they would cut out the scene of Shingo kicking Usagi in the first episode like they did with the old show.  They would probably cut out the scenes where you find out Zoisite and Nephrite had been crossdressing and try to portray them as their lackeys or something.  Even though Toei had already toned down the infamous drunk kiss scene from the manga, I imagine DiC would tone it down even more, either by going with the dream explanation they went with in the original show or cutting out the kiss all together.  They would also probably cut out the kiss scene later in episode six where he kisses her while she's passing out.  References to the demons and hell in episode three would probably be replaced with more generic terms like another dimension and monster.  Episodes 13 and 14 would have to be combined a la episodes 45 and 46 to cut out all the scenes around Usagi's suicide scenes and the deaths of the Four Kings would be explained as them being sent back to the Negaverse.  Likewise all the scenes with the Sailor Soldiers killing the Four Sisters would be rewritten to have it so that they're sent back to the Nega Moon instead of being killed.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 9:31 pm

I have nothing more to add. You hit every nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime16th July 2015, 8:22 am

Please never let DiC touch Crystal. Or anything ever again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime16th July 2015, 8:34 am

Rest assured, Dic isn't around to be able to do anything anymore. lol

Also I wonder how much they'd tone down the kissing though, I don't remember the Dic dub toning it down too much? But its been so long since I watched it sooo you could be right.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 11:43 am

Honestly Toei pretty much censored Crystal. They took out a lot of the creepy scenes. So there isn't much. I don't think they would censor the crosedressing. 4kids kept Team Rocket's crossdressing. The kissing would stay. They kept the kissing in the 90s anime.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime27th January 2016, 9:40 am

Definitely think they would tone down a lot.  Unless they were targeting a more mature age group.  I mean that is what they did for the original 90s anime for kids in elementary school.   I can tell you the shows here in the US for adults are really racey.  They're all about sex(for the most part).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)   If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If DiC Dubbed Sailor Moon Crystal (Up-to-date Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top