The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

[Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] Empty
PostSubject: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 2:48 am

It seems as the series progress, Sailor Moon moves away from killing her enemies to trying to save them and redeem them as much as she can.  I always loved this aspect of Sailor Moon's character and it's one of the themes of the show that I love so much.  What I don't understand is why didn't Sailor Moon try to save Queen Beryl by healing her with the Silver Crystal instead of moving right away to trying to kill her?  Beryl was an ordinary human being who was in love with Endymion and she had her jealousy manipulated by Metalia's evil powers.  Endymion even mentions this to Serenity in the flashback episode that covered their past lives, so Sailor Moon clearly knows at this point that Beryl is just a pawn being controlled by Metalia but in the final battle, she doesn't seem to do anything to try and heal her.  This seems strange to me since she tried to randomly heal Kunzite just two episodes earlier even after Kunzite was trying to rip them to shreds and showed no sign of remorse for his actions either.  I thought that it could be because Beryl had just killed her friends but then later on in Stars
Spoiler:
  The only other possible reason I could think of is that even though she had matured alot, Usagi still hadn't matured enough to be able to make that difficult of a decision to save someone like Beryl even if she knew Beryl was being controlled by someone else, but Usagi's actions still seem a bit inconsistent in that she tried to randomly save Kunzite but not save Beryl.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 2:55 am

I'm pretty sure by that point Beryl is already fully corrupted by Metalia, though? So I'm not sure how viable it was to heal her, to separate her from Metalia when she's already fused together like that. Metalia is described as pure evil (a demon) so she'd be pretty impossible to "cure" either.

I think the fact that this is the beginning of Usagi's battle played a big part as well. She was new, and her friends just all got killed, and so was the man she loved, and the entire world hung in the balance. I don't think she thought healing was even an available option at the time. I think she learned more about what she's capable of as each season progresses. In R alone we're already seeing a lot of that, but she also still knows certain enemies (like Wiseman) needs to be killed, not healed.

I've always thought Beryl/Metalia was the most "personal" enemy too, because of the whole SilMil thing. They destroyed Usagi's past life (and two entire kingdoms along with it) and threatened her present as well. Some part of it may be just that she couldn't forgive them even if there was a way to heal.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime26th February 2015, 7:07 am

IIRC, Usagi did use "Moon Healing escalation" on Beryl, as previously on Kunzite, so if it was possible to heal her, it would. IMO, after being attacked by Mamoru, Beryl would die without intercepting Metalia into her - and they became unseparable at this point.
Beryl also killed Mamoru just moment before.

I don't think Beryl is "just a pawn controlled by Metalia".It's difficult believe in her love for Endymion after she stripped him of his status and make fight Sailor Moon - we have no evidence it was Metalia's influence. For instance, Beryl remembers past, unlike Generals. Metalia used her jealousy, but it doesn't mean Beryl isn't responsible here.

From Doylist perspective - Usagi had to mature during series, so she had to learn to offer redemption - hence her different attitude to Galaxia (and Nehellenia) and Beryl.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime26th February 2015, 8:13 am

I think personally that Usagi just wanted it all to end, to go away, to have her friends back and have a normal life, so the Crystal responded to her wishes. She was hurt, angry, scared and confused. You kind of can't blame her at that point I think.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime26th February 2015, 8:33 am

I also agree that Queen Beryl made a conscious choice to be evil. Metallia may have fueled her rage and jealousy, but Beryl made a decision to act on it. Unlike the Shitennou, she wasn't brainwashed. It's like saying that you can't help someone who doesn't want it, and I honestly can't see her accepting help from Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Burning Mandala
Pyramidal Crystal

Burning Mandala

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Living Proof of All Life's Contradictions

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime2nd March 2015, 3:31 pm

I think on some level, a person has to want to be purified and I just don't think Beryl wanted it. She was too consumed with her hatred and by Metallia that she couldn't- or wouldn't allow herself- to be saved. Remember also that in the
[Spoiler]:
Back to top Go down
http://gossamerwillow.tumblr.com http://gossamerwillow.deviantart.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime2nd March 2015, 3:59 pm

She was too far gone, and too far corrupted. She despised serenity and all her incarnations for taking Endymion away from here. Even if by some chance that usagi was given the opportunity to heal her, I think she'd flat out reject it.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]   [Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate]Why Didn't Sailor Moon Heal Queen Beryl?[Spoilers For Season One Ending]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top