The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sailorstarwarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime22nd September 2011, 2:32 pm

My 1st topic! Anyways Sailor Moon S was a awesome seasons you had The Death Busters, The Outer Senshi, Super Sailor Moon, and Sailor Saturn herself but the season finale "Self-Awareness as a Soldier! Strength Lies in the Pure Heart" was really such a bad way to end the season I mean the episode before that was a great way to end the season with Uranus and Neptune fighting with Sailor Moon and of course you know what happens and the last scene with Haruka and Michiru driving away was such a great end and I thought that was the last episode of Sailor Moon S untill I saw there was one more episode. At 1st I was shock cause Pluto is dead, Hotaru is a baby and back with her dad, The Death Busters are gone, Haruka and Michiru are gone also, and the Holy Grail is useless so how can their be one more episode? I saw it and I thought that it was a terrible way to end the season. I mean the episode was about Chibi-Usa for god sake (Yes I'm a Chibi-usa hater) the plot was lame and I mean really lame we all knew she was coming back so why do this episode? This episode seems like a filler it really does and also I hate the fact that the last thing The Sailor Senshi fight from The Death Busters is a Daimon, yes it did get a lot of pure hearts but Pharaoh 90 should had been the last thing they fought from The Death Busters. Now I only found two pros from this episode and one is Rei mentioning that she can sing I'm sure people forgot that she can, also showing Crystal Tokyo was a pro. I see this episode as a big warning sign that says ''WRANING THE NEXT SEASON WILL FOCUS MORE ON CHIBI-USA!'' so now that I'm done ranting what do you guys think of the episode? Was it bad? Was it Good? Did any other season have a worse finale? Please Explain.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime22nd September 2011, 8:45 pm

Topic moved to the proper section. For future reference, we have areas to discuss the anime (subbed and dubbed), manga, and live action with subsections for possible spoilers.

The technical final episode for the S season should probably be the unofficial first episode for SuperS as it is primarily Chibiusa centric and doesn't have much to do with anything. Quite frankly, that sums up close to 60-70% of SuperS. They may have produced the episode as they are often contracted to release a certain amount of episodes. Doesn't change the fact that it was an extraordinarily weak ending.
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime10th November 2011, 12:09 pm

I completely agree. Once the Outer Senshi were gone, it became SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Dianne.sailorwar
Star Seed

Dianne.sailorwar

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime17th November 2011, 5:32 pm

I completely agree. The climax of S was awesome, but also weak. I wish it had ended after episode 125. I realize loose ends had to be tied up, but this is the only series (besides for R... wtf episode 89 lol) that had extra episodes after the final battle with the enemy. Basically it just leaves me just wanting SuperS to start.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sailorwar.net
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:14 pm

The final episode really was utterly pointless. It wasn't interesting at all and was just completely annoying. As someone stated, it really was just like a horrible spoiler for the audience that everything was going to be about ChibiUsa.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime4th March 2012, 9:41 pm

The episode wasn't THAT bad. Was it? It was just pointless... but then again 80% of the sereis is filler.

Everyones mean to Chibiusa XD

Let's not forget that they needed to right in a reason why Chibiusa was still hanging around after this season and also, I disagree with the "once the Outers are gone, its not Sailor Moon S" remember the seasons is caleld "Sailor Moon Super" as in Super Sailor Moon who wasn't even present for the first half.

I personally feel the SuperS finale is stronger than the climax of this season XD
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 1:25 pm

Absolutely love this season but as many say, I completely agree that the technical final episode of 'S' was something that wasn't really needed and almost irrelevant to the season. With Season S, you have this awesome, strong, moving climax and then the episode where Haruka and Michiru drove away where we pretty much know that Hotaru is an infant and Pluto is dead. That would have been a great ending for that season.

Alas though, Toei wanted to get things setup with what seemed a "prequel" episode for SuperS and just slammed it in to the ending of S season (at least IMO). To me, it would have made more sense to have turned that in to a OVA even rather than place that episode in S. It really didn't appear to belong in that season and may have given the director and animators more time to focus on the idea behind that episode rather than, "And next season we've decided we're going to shove Chibiusa in your face and make you sick of her".

And I'm not a Chibiusa Hater XD but I feel like that's what happened with SuperS ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 9:21 pm

Dianne.sailorwar wrote:
I completely agree. The climax of S was awesome, but also weak. I wish it had ended after episode 125. I realize loose ends had to be tied up, but this is the only series (besides for R... wtf episode 89 lol) that had extra episodes after the final battle with the enemy. Basically it just leaves me just wanting SuperS to start.
LOL the final SMR episode was completely useless... I mean it did foreshadow SMS, but still unnecessary.
Episode 126 of SMS is unnecessary too and when I first saw it, I definitely said to myself "Wait... WTF... what a boring episode... this is the finale??" However, now I kind of see it as more of a novelty episode. I kind of pretend like it's an extra, like a bonus feature you'd find on a DVD haha

But one good thing about it is it does give a bit of breathing space from all the seriousness that just happened in the previous few episodes with the final battle and whatnot.

At least it's not as bad as episode 67 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) 1569843278
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 9:55 pm

I think you guys are forgetting this is NOT like Western Shows, this series had absolutely no break between its seasons. SuperS followed the immediate next week to S, there was no "break period", even in the original broadcast. The series "finale" therefore is not such a big deal, in fact this episode was probably very necessary to be able to transfer into SuperS effectively. Imagine one week everyone's nearly dead and the very next week a Circus comes to town. Look at the other series... all of the Sailor Moon series have some sort of "transmission" ending to be able to flow into the next series. The first series ended with everyone's memories being lost so it could start from scratch in R, R ended with a "recap and preview episode", S ended with a "Chibiusa is no longer a Soldier in training episode", SuperS ended with a "the villain sorta got away".

I think these episodes are necessary to stop the series from jarring between its different seasons.
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:17 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
I think you guys are forgetting this is NOT like Western Shows, this series had absolutely no break between its seasons. SuperS followed the immediate next week to S, there was no "break period", even in the original broadcast. The series "finale" therefore is not such a big deal, in fact this episode was probably very necessary to be able to transfer into SuperS effectively. Imagine one week everyone's nearly dead and the very next week a Circus comes to town. Look at the other series... all of the Sailor Moon series have some sort of "transmission" ending to be able to flow into the next series. The first series ended with everyone's memories being lost so it could start from scratch in R, R ended with a "recap and preview episode", S ended with a "Chibiusa is no longer a Soldier in training episode", SuperS ended with a "the villain sorta got away".

I think these episodes are necessary to stop the series from jarring between its different seasons.
That's completely true, which is why I kind of liked it as a filler episode.
However, I just think maybe it would've been easier if 1. They didn't give each season specific names and/or 2. they just transitioned into the next story arc like the manga
Back to top Go down
LadyShizuka
Lotus Crystal

LadyShizuka

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:19 pm

How I do get that Miki.. It makes more since. However I do dislike it also... maybe the could have done something else to screws it up. Idk..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/LadyShizukaCosplay http://www.tumblr.com/blog/ladyshizuka http://ladyshizuka.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyJian
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:24 pm

The series have different names because they're actually technically five separate series that share a linear continuity, not five seasons of the same thing. It's sort of hard to explain but it is not the same concept of "seasons" as we have for most Western shows. It's not really "Sailor Moon's fourth season" its "The fourth series, Sailor Moon SuperS". It might not sound like it's different, but there's a subtlety that explains the lack of strong continuity with the anime.
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:30 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
The series have different names because they're actually technically five separate series that share a linear continuity, not five seasons of the same thing. It's sort of hard to explain but it is not the same concept of "seasons" as we have for most Western shows. It's not really "Sailor Moon's fourth season" its "The fourth series, Sailor Moon SuperS". It might not sound like it's different, but there's a subtlety that explains the lack of strong continuity with the anime.
No, no, I understand it, it's a metaseries, like series within a larger series. But I'm just saying, it probably didn't have to be that way. I don't think the Manga has specific names for each story arc does it?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:50 pm

For the manga, not really so much for the first two, but the third fourth and fifth arcs are called "Mugen" (Infinity) "Yume" (Dream) and "Stars". The manga doesn't have a particularly strong continuity either. The only version that really does is PGSM. But because of that, I believe it wasn't received well by its target audience of young kids who had alot to keep up with, so I think a strong continuity could really be a big mistake on the new Sailor Moon. Without the young fanbase, its hard to see the series continuing successfully.
Back to top Go down
ChibiBoi
Star Seed

ChibiBoi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime30th October 2012, 10:59 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
For the manga, not really so much for the first two, but the third fourth and fifth arcs are called "Mugen" (Infinity) "Yume" (Dream) and "Stars". The manga doesn't have a particularly strong continuity either. The only version that really does is PGSM. But because of that, I believe it wasn't received well by its target audience of young kids who had alot to keep up with, so I think a strong continuity could really be a big mistake on the new Sailor Moon. Without the young fanbase, its hard to see the series continuing successfully.
Well I don't think that's necessarily true, I think older fans like us, and new teenage fans should be enough to keep the 5 story arcs on air for the new anime. I'm hoping it'll just be called "Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon" throughout and have smooth transitions between arcs like the manga though.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime12th March 2013, 1:02 pm

I need to either find or make an image of Chibiusa with the caption "Come at me, bro" because I've been finding it appropriate as of late.

Anyway, when I first watched this episode I wouldn't have guessed it a finale to anything (but I'm used to the American way of doing things so my mind just assumes it's like that everywhere else) but even after finding out its placement it didn't bother me. I remember enjoying the episode regardless. Dat daimon will eat your heart!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
MandarinCupcake
Star Seed

MandarinCupcake

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime23rd May 2013, 9:02 am

I love that episode as with the "finale" of R. When I was younger and they were first aired, they got me excited for the next series. R's I remember vividly because I was so excited that Uranus and Neptune were finally making their debut. I got excited with SuperS "finale" up until Stars never aired in the US :'(

I don't find the episodes useless at all. They tie up some remaining loose ends and set up the next series.

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/mandrixa/ http://gothberrycuppycakes.tumblr.com/
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime23rd May 2013, 12:16 pm

I get that the episode is supposed to tie up loose ends and serve as a bridge for SuperS, but they could have still combined it with the episode before it, especially, when you think on it, Chibiusa kinda failed and needs to go back to senshi 101.

She went to Hotaru's place, by herself, when she knew it was enemy territory. Got her pure heart stolen, which lead it to Mistress 9 awakening, which almost brought about the end of the world, thus destroying the future she comes from too...

So yeah, completed her training? I think not.

So then in the previous episode, she could have gave a quick little "I'm going to stay in the past as I still have alot to learn", then SuperS would be she trying to redeem herself of her major screw up. Thus eliminating episode 127 altogether.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S great season but bad season finale. (spoilers BEWARE)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top