The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The visual novel thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

The visual novel thread Empty
PostSubject: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime11th January 2015, 4:42 pm

I haven't seen a thread dedicated to visual novels yet, so why not start one? Visual novels are a type of game that was born in Japan. Like the title, they are often novel like, where diologe between character is the main focus of the gameplay. Sometimes, the games will give you, the protagonist a choice that will branch off the main point of the story. Most visual novels have multiple endings, and they're often voice-acted, have sound effects, and music. Dating sims are also considered visual novels. Steam has an ever-growing library of visual novels, and the ds-3ds consoles have quite a few good titles as well. Plenty of anime were visual novels first, like steins gate, higurashi when they cry, and Fate Stay Night. 

What visual novels have you played? Are there any you're looking forward to?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime19th February 2016, 8:12 pm

I know this thread is like over a year old but like...how did I never see this. D: I love visual novel games (I usually refer to them as Otome games since i tend to play the girly ones). So I shall post in it now a year later! XD

Currently i'm in love with the Shall We Date series. I've played "Destiny Ninja", "My Sweet Princess", "Magic Sword +", "Mononoke Kiss+" and couple others that I don't remember cause I couldn't get into them.

I got a few on steam but the only one I've played so far is Loren the Amazon Princess. Its got more RPG battles and elements to it rather than strictly visual novel, but I really enjoyed it!

I have Hatoful Boyfriend but Ive yet to play it. xD
Back to top Go down
Chrona
Pyramidal Crystal

Chrona

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Inca Rose

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime22nd February 2016, 9:17 pm

I've played only three visual novels by far: Katawa Shoujo, Kara no Shoujo and Cartagra. The last two stories happen in the same universe, and they surprised me a lot. They're so good! The mystery, the crimes, the characters, the plot twists... They turned me in a Innocent Grey fan, for sure.

Right now I'm playing Katawa Shoujo again, but I'm looking forward to Kara no Shoujo 2. And maybe, someday, Caucasus, also by Innocent Grey ><
Back to top Go down
http://raisingbrilliance.forumeiros.com/ http://chrona-sama.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsnqeraZPjCyKLvROiUflvQ
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime22nd February 2016, 9:43 pm

Are those mobile games or available for PC? I'll play both! (Also are they free, i like the free ones or semi-free ones xD)
Back to top Go down
starshine
Pyramidal Crystal

starshine

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime22nd February 2016, 9:48 pm

I use the app Episode. Some of the stories are well written, some aren't. The sponsored stories (like the Mean Girls one) are disappointing because they seem to be there so they can make a quick buck by limiting your choices.

I'm open to trying new ones. Any recommendations for ones that are free?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime22nd February 2016, 10:37 pm

Visual novels are my favorite kind of game, I don't really play anything else these days. I really enjoyed Long Live The Queen, and since then I'd branched out to other Hanako Games and I've played The Royal Trap which I really enjoy (this has a medieval setting and involves uncovering royal plots, saving kingdoms, and marrying princes xD) and Date Warp (this was just so-so and rather short though).

I also really enjoyed The Wolf Among Us (fairy tale characters!) and I'm currently in the middle of playing Clannad, which is beautiful. The story can be kind of slow though, depending on what path you pick, but it has tons of paths which I'm eager to explore eventually.

I also bought Hatoful Boyfriend but haven't played it yet xD

These are all PC Games on Steam, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The visual novel thread   The visual novel thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The visual novel thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top