The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Roo's Art Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 8:21 pm

Basically, school is a soul-sucking monster that makes it so drawing anything non-academic is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE! Once in a while I'll update this. I'm also ultra slow when I do draw something, so... there's that too.

I drew this today while having a Disney movie watching marathon. I started out studying and then decided I felt like drawing. xD This one's one of my otaku senshi, Sailor Iceguard. The pose is not supposed to make logical sense in terms of how she's holding the sword. If I ever get around to it, it will be like a stained glass window with her in the center. If that makes any sense at all! Also those goddamned antlers why did I decide on that. >.<
Roo's Art Thread Iceguard01
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 8:29 pm

oooooh I really like how this looks so far and I think a stained glass window would be awesome!

What colors would you use? Like a pastel blues and ice colors? ooorr?
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 8:35 pm

Thank yew. <3 Yup, those are primarily the colors. Silver/cold gray, icy blue, slate blue, white. If I get around to the stained glass part, I might slip in a tiny bit of pale yellow to offset the cold colors a little.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 1:01 pm

*_*

I. Love. This.

The art style is extremely clean and defined, and the proportions are fantastic~. (This is coming from someone who draws horses and sucks at people, XD.) Her sword is epic, though, and I like the design of Iceguard's pauldrons. Simplistic, yet still ornate without being overly flashy. ^^
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime2nd October 2011, 1:44 pm

Thank'ee hon. ^^ The pauldron will be a liiiiittle more decorative. The band that goes across the top is engraved and the disc on the front of the pauldron will have antlers on it, but I couldn't handle drawing them yesterday. I am really impatient. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Dragonicsoul
Star Seed

Dragonicsoul

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime4th October 2011, 4:39 am

Loving the shoulder armor... protector... things. (words are not working today.)

Out of curiosity, is there any significance to the little 'ball and chain' coming off of the swords handle?
Back to top Go down
http://dragonicsoul.deviantart.com
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime4th October 2011, 5:32 am

Pauldron! Very Happy Shoulder armor protector things works just fine too.

There isn't really any significance of the little ball, at least right now. It's just a light blue crystal that will match the ring on her pauldron. I'm still kind of undecided with it, so when I color it, I might remove it. xD
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 7:52 am

Now for some non-Sailor Moon art, just because I can access my photobucket again (!!!) and I happen to like these. I was in a beginning painting class last semester and every Tuesday, we had a "ticket" due as a way to get into class. It was a small 4x6 painting of anything on masonite board. I wasn't a huge fan of painting, so I was like I'M GOING TO PAINT A GIRAFFE FOR EVERY DAMN CLASS. I think I managed... 4 giraffes? Then I branched out into other animals. >.>; A lot of these are cell phone pictures so I could easily show my family, which means the colors are off and I'm too lazy to fix them.

Roo's Art Thread Giraffe_01

Roo's Art Thread Bluetiger

Roo's Art Thread 227086_1665915179859_1596660081_31266566_5992291_n
^Why yes, that is my icon. ^^ It's based on a photo I took at a mosque in China.

My family has indeed jacked all of these paintings. LOL
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 12:59 pm

Wow, that is from your beginning painting class? I mean, wooooooooooow. Love them all!
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 1:18 pm

Aww, thank you! <3
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 3:05 pm

You have some SERIOUS talent!! I love love love the giraffe and think that is looks 100% professional! Wow..
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 4:01 pm

<3 Thanks Galaxia! They're kind of fun to do.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 5:25 pm

My favorite one has got to be the tiger~. I love big cats, and I think that the unusual coloring scheme really brings out the stripes. I also like how you did it's eyes. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Dybbuk
Star Seed

Dybbuk

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 10:19 pm

Great job on your senshi! I love your profiles, I can't help but smile when I see some well defined noses and lips ;D

Also kudos on those paintings, the tiger's eye in particular. That color scheme is gorgeous. <3
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:42 am

Thanks Dybbuk. <3 Definitely a product of my life drawing class. Some people in that class want to draw muscles all the time, and I end up with a fascination with lips. LOL Lips and noses. It's really weird. xD
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime24th March 2012, 8:51 pm

Okay, academic art time. xD I am actually working on something for Puu, but I've had these scans open in photoshop for the better part of a week, so I figured I'd post them. They are all abysmally dusty, but I assure you the prints themselves are immaculate and it's the scanner that is a dirtball. Neutral I haven't the patience to clean them up pixel by pixel, so dusty they remain until I can figure out a better way of getting them onto the computer. They're all film process, so I developed the film and printed them by hand. c:

Self Portraits - These were done for a class assignment. I hate self portrait assignments. >.>
Roo's Art Thread Selfportrait05
Roo's Art Thread Selfportrait04
Roo's Art Thread Selfportrait01
Roo's Art Thread Selfportrait02 (My prof's favorite of this set.)
Roo's Art Thread Selfportrait03_

Personal work - These were also for class, but I was only graded on three (starred). We're just supposed to be prolific in our production, so I take pictures of a lot of stuff. Also anything Chinese-ish-looking has to do with an event we hosted in which Xu Bing visited our teeny little school (!!!!!) and his work was exhibited in our teeny little gallery (!!!!!), and I figured I'd take pictures of the stuff while I had the opportunity. I'll label those with the artwork titles. Anything with "square word calligraphy" is English, btw. Wink Try to read it!

Quotation from Chairman Mao, Square Word Calligraphy - Xu Bing
Roo's Art Thread Intermed09_
Roo's Art Thread Intermed05

Square Word Calligraphy - Xu Bing. This is a display of one of the practice books.
*Roo's Art Thread Intermed06

Book from the Sky (just part of it, since the actual piece is bigger than our gallery...) - Xu Bing
Roo's Art Thread Intermed02

Qi Shufang Peking Opera Company. That's her on the right. She's tiny and hilarious. The guy (Monkey King) is her husband.
Roo's Art Thread Intermed03

Misc personal work
Roo's Art Thread Intermed04Roo's Art Thread Intermed07
*Roo's Art Thread Intermed08
*Roo's Art Thread Intermed01
Roo's Art Thread Harry01-1
(^My dog... c_c)

edit
omg hopefully these don't stretch the forum. Some of them did on another forum and I resized them again. So... if someone in another browser has some of these just blow up the forums, let me know. c_c
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 4:02 pm

Puu requested I draw Sidus in her Red Dwarf form quite a while ago, and I finally had time to actually do it. Very Happy Her weapon just turned itself into a ranseur, and so she's kind of like wtf. Also injured. But no blood on the lines. xD

Roo's Art Thread Sidusrdwarflines
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 4:17 pm

Lookin' good! Already messaged the minor edits that are needed, but I really am liking the outcome so far. :3

Thank you, Roo! *Super huggles.*
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 5:45 pm

Wow Roo!I love your pictures as much as your drawings! Very intense!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 6:57 pm

Indeed! The end result should be pretty epic, considering she was just thrown into a phone booth, XD. And not into the door. Glass and tin aren't her friend. ^_^"

But~, she's still up and kicking. Yay for stress induced power-ups, XD.
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 7:51 pm

Thanks guys~. <33 I'll get the edits you talked about up soon, Puu. c:
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime26th March 2012, 9:24 pm

Update for Puu when she gets online tomorrow. ^^ We'll see if I guessed correctly on the pauldrons!

Roo's Art Thread Sidusrdwarflines01
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime27th March 2012, 5:35 am

Holy crap! That looks amazing Roo!! Love the photography as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime27th March 2012, 10:34 am

Wow, I'm really amazed at your photography, Roo. There's something almost poetic about them that I can't describe. They are really enjoyable to look at. ^^
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime27th March 2012, 12:43 pm

You guys are sweet, thank youuu! <3
Back to top Go down
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 6:49 pm

*dies* It takes me ages to color things. xD But! I have Sidus "done." There will eventually be a phone booth and blood from being chucked around by a baddie, but for now, this is what I have. Backgrounds are just my bane and it'll take me even longer, so I wanted to get the colored version of just Sidus up.

Also, help with the pose came from here. ^^

Roo's Art Thread Sidusrdwarf02

Last edited by Roo on 29th March 2012, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 6:53 pm

*Dies from amazement.* Roo's Art Thread 3050727640

How do you do this, Roo? XD, this look absolutely amazing! Roo's Art Thread 4033448464
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 6:56 pm

Wow Roo! Your coloring is amazing!!!!! I wish I could do that!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Roo
Star Seed

Roo

Star Seed

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime29th March 2012, 7:03 pm

Thanks guys! Roo's Art Thread 4033448464 No more coloring for me for a couple days at least now. xD Takes so long!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roo's Art Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roo's Art Thread   Roo's Art Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roo's Art Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top