The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 5:17 pm

Has anyone heard if the criticisms and fan reaction have reached Toei or Takeuchi-sensei?
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 5:23 pm

Honestly, even if they did, I doubt they (at least Toei) would care as long as they were still making money.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:03 pm

I liked the episode a lot...but I kinda feel bad for liking it after reading all the posts. There were scenes that felt dark and the suicide was so sad and there were just a lot of moments that had me sitting at the edge of my chair...but now I feel bad for doing so.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 1948543417

And the comment that said why Makoto and Ami didn't rescue Motoki, I'd like to think that they were like "Oh who cares about him! We gotta save our princess!"  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:06 pm

Awwwww Lily, you shouldn't feel bad for liking it. I didn't entirely hate it myself, there were some things I enjoyed about it. ^^
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:10 pm

Sailor Lily wrote:
I liked the episode a lot...but I kinda feel bad for liking it after reading all the posts. There were scenes that felt dark and the suicide was so sad and there were just a lot of moments that had me sitting at the edge of my chair...but now I feel bad for doing so.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 1948543417

And the comment that said why Makoto and Ami didn't rescue Motoki, I'd like to think that they were like "Oh who cares about him! We gotta save our princess!"  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 3884866259
I mostly liked it too. I was nearly crying from the urgency and emotion up until the instantaneous death for the Shitennou.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:19 pm

Dont feel bad for liking things. We all have different opinions. It's what makes us unique.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 868675979
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:21 pm

Sailor Lily wrote:

I agree with Yami. There's nothing wrong with liking this episode. You have a lot of legitimate reasons. So long as you're informed, I'll respect your opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 6:41 pm

We weren't trying to make anyone feel bad about enjoying the episode, lily!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 7:43 pm

Sailor Lily wrote:

YES. But...what did happen to him? he legit disappeared... xD I always thought it was sweet that Mako and Ami were kinda crushing on him together and they save him in their little shield bubble.
Back to top Go down
Fire
Pyramidal Crystal

Fire

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Teo. The official GC Haruka >:)

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2014, 3:22 pm

I'm with the critics on this one. First Crystal episode I actually didn't enjoy Sad. What bothered me was, first of all, how the senshi reacted when the Shitennou died. They all had the exact same reaction and then stopped at the exact same time, as if they had an "On/Off" button. I assume it was a shortcut to save on the animation budget and on time. But I would've liked to see everyone reacting differently, if it wasn't super thought out in relation to their character personality.

Of course I'm not a fan of the sudden Shitennou death either. But somehow I'm still hoping something will make it better by the end of the arc:
possible spoiler:

And a few other things bothered me. One was Usagi's suicide which I knew MIGHT have been coming but I disliked it in the manga and was hoping that her refusal to be "a tragic princess again" meant we were past that stage. I understand why Serenity committed suicide and to be honest there wasn't much else she could've done, given how everyone was dead or dying and the kingdom was destroyed. But with Moon it's different. She has her friends to fight for. And her planet! Her family inhabits that planet... Shoving a sword in her belly instead of trying to do the best she could for everyone is just... not okay.

And then... it's not quite clear WHAT happened in this episode. Like, why she tried to kill herself to begin with. I mean, it looked like the sword had only scratched Mamoru without even drawing blood.

And I hope the animators made a mistake when the two kissed and Mamo's eyes were red instead of going back to blue. Because otherwise I don't see why evil Endymion would be leaning into a soft kiss with Sailor Moon. It doesn't make sense.

So yeah, I love Crystal but this episode is at the bottom of my list. Even the music seemed off at times. It's like they forgot which songs to use and when to use them. Supposedly "epic" scenes had calm music or no music at all. And other past episodes used the epic songs for less-than-epis fight scenes.

Let's hope the act gets redeemed in the last two episodes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://society6.com/teohoble http://teo-hoble.tumblr.com/ http://teo-hoble.deviantart.com/
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2014, 7:20 pm

A graphic meme tht shows how I actuallly reacted to the shitennou's deaths:

Oh yeah and another thing I thought up during the episode.

Usagi: *To beryl* YOU'RE WRONG! MAMO-CHAN WOULD NEVER BE A WARRIOR!
Me: YEAH! THAT'S CAUSE HE'S REALLY BAD AT FIGHTING!   

I feel bad for thinking that line up right away and so fast.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2014, 10:32 pm

Usagi actually said, "He'll never be a senshi!"

And that cracked me up so hard because poor Mamoru.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
justicemoon
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Seigi no mikata

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2014, 11:28 pm

Sailor Rudolph wrote:
I always thought it was sweet that Mako and Ami were kinda crushing on him together and they save him in their little shield bubble.
I seriously don't remember this! Does this happen in the manga? There's actually a LOT I missed because I borrowed whatever I could find at the library (when I was younger) and of course, they didn't have all the books. I wish I could buy the re-release. The cover art is so gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th December 2014, 6:39 am

justicemoon wrote:
Sailor Rudolph wrote:
I always thought it was sweet that Mako and Ami were kinda crushing on him together and they save him in their little shield bubble.
I seriously don't remember this! Does this happen in the manga? There's actually a LOT I missed because I borrowed whatever I could find at the library (when I was younger) and of course, they didn't have all the books. I wish I could buy the re-release. The cover art is so gorgeous!

Go to MissDream.org for a fan translation of the manga. It can be loaded on eReaders!
Back to top Go down
Jaawsshhh
Pyramidal Crystal

Jaawsshhh

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th December 2014, 3:24 pm

Sailor Lily wrote:

I feel bad for thinking that line up right away and so fast.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 3884866259
I'M DYINGGGGG :lolz: :worship:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime24th December 2014, 5:27 pm

Jaawsshhh wrote:
Sailor Lily wrote:

I'M DYINGGGGG :lolz: :worship:
SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 Tumblr_ngw7mwbL0x1qjkedbo1_500

I even found a meme too!  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th December 2014, 3:24 pm

justicemoon wrote:
Sailor Rudolph wrote:

Yeah, that is basically what happens cause he kinda is like "YOU GUYS ARE THE SAILOR SENSHI" and blah blah. But in like one or two small panels you see Mako and Ami kinda both crushing on Matoki, its cute.

OuterHarmonie23 wrote:
Go to MissDream.org for a fan translation of the manga. It can be loaded on eReaders!

And yes! At least you can read it online until you can afford the rerelease. ^^
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th December 2014, 3:58 pm

I didn't even watch the episode and I just can't with it. Venus didn't kill Beryl and instead Moon shatters her necklace? All the senshi cry at the same time when the Shittenou are laser beamed to death (Metalia, you could've nailed the senshi too!) when they barely knew/remembered them, had no time for crying ove men, and then they have to be reminded that Moon is in trouble and go save her? They left the suicide in after the whole "not a tragic princess bit?" 

How is this still considered a 1:1 or very close adaptation at this point?
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime6th January 2015, 3:27 pm

I feel like this episode could have been a lot better if they had split it into two episodes instead of trying to cram so much into 30 min.  They really need a whole flashback episode on Beryl's past instead of cramming it into the five seconds we got.  They needed at least a whole episode on the Shittenou's past with the Soldiers instead of showing it five second flashbacks.  I also didn't like they changed it so they had to
Spoiler:
That just felt like it came out of left field and anticlimactic rather than the exciting final showdown we got in the original anime.  I also agree that the Shittenou's deaths felt rushed and I was hoping they would keep them alive and at least have them fight alongside the Soldiers against Metalia before being killed off.  I also miss the Star Locket in the original anime and I wish  that they had kept it in Crystal instead of that lame watch that nobody cares about.  The Star Locket was more romantic and actually had a point to the story instead of just serving as a deus ex machina.  And am I the only one who thought the scene where Beryl had the Inners wrapped up with her hair was rather silly looking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top