The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 3:22 am

Discuss the latest episode here.

I really thought they wouldn't do the whole suicide thing again, bleh. It kind of goes against Usagi saying she won't be a tragic princess anymore.

And am I the only one who's tired of all the senshi basically putting Usagi up in a pedestal? I think this would make more sense in the old anime when we've actually seen them bond.

Basically I'm just disappointed because Crystal keeps showing us these glimpses of what it could have been (and it could have been so much more) and just not delivering. Case in point: how cruel was it to give Venus & Kunzite a one-second moment before he was obliterated? I was so ready to scream. SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) 2869872805 Also I really thought they would do the whole united against Metalia thing since that was so iconic in the old anime and just such a powerful moment... I'm hoping they would do this next episode even if it seems the senshi would die again. Just the moment they were approaching D-point brought back so many 90's anime memories, and I subconsciously set up expectations for a showdown that will be just as grand. But we didn't even see that much of the senshi/shitennou fight why Crystal

The senshi & shitennou all function like a hive mind type of deal, and I just want to see personality ;_;

I really enjoyed the fight with Beryl, though. I liked that they made her a sympathetic villain (which she is) and as much as I wanted to see Venus running her through with the sword, I liked the way it played out too, that Usagi didn't really kill her per se, just broke off her connection with Metalia. Beryl was really terrifying too though, damn. Both the way she's drawn and her voice actress are excellent.

Please please let the last episode be good!
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 3:58 am

I LOVE THE FACT THAT THE SHITENNOU ARE DEAD. YES! WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED!

I really really hope they won't kill it all for me and have them revived

And i loved the part where Sailor Moon rammed the sword through Tuxedo Mask
All in all, awesome episode!
(what happened to Rolling Heart Vibration???)

Last edited by SailorKittyElyon on 20th December 2014, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
leohamasaki
Star Seed

leohamasaki

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 8:07 am

I think this episode was a disaster.
The fight against Beryl... URGH, why did they change it? It's obvious it was not for censorship since Sailor Moon stabbed herself twice already. It was nice to see the Sailors working together to defeat her, but by breaking her necklace? So stupid... At least they showed a little more of Beryl's past. That was good. 
And there were so many great moments in the manga in this chapter... They decided to throw them away to show basically nothing. 
The Shitennou part was good, but the way they were killed... Why didn't Metaria kill the senshis as well? And they were all crying, desperate for losing them again, and with just a phrase they accept it and move on to save Usagi. I think this scene had to be done better.

WHERE IS ROLLING HEART VIBRATION? ))))))):
And the animation... The only thing that moved this episode was their mouths lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos http://sailorcinnamonroll.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 8:52 am

they kill them..

I haven't even seen the episode yet. THEN WHY DIDNT THET JUST KILL THEM OFF FROM THE START!! WHY HAVE THEM THERE AT ALL!?  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) 1263409520

I am mad. I am super mad. I love these characters. I get that not everyone ships them with the Inners, but they didn't have to go that route. Just leaving them alive had so much potential. We could have added more depth to these characters and give Mamoru some friends. That man needs more male friends. 

I am done with Crystal! I am super done. I will not watch the Black Moon arc. I will finish this arc.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 8:55 am

leohamasaki wrote:

The Shitennou part was good, but the way they were killed... Why didn't Metaria kill the senshis as well? And they were all crying, desperate for losing them again, and with just a phrase they accept it and move on to save Usagi. I think this scene had to be done better.
My guess, at least judging by the dialogue, is that the Shitennou were originally going to be killed by the darkness inside of them. But it's easier to have them eradicated with a laser with cheap animation.

Either way, it's stupid. Sailor Moon, literally the only person who can stop Metalia, is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER AS A DANGER AND THREAT. If she could take the time to murder the Shitennou with a laser, why didn't she do it to the other senshi as well?

And the crying. Oh the crying. The Moon Pride opening lyrics make no sense at all.

The Shitennou were a complete waste of time in Crystal. They robbed other characters' developments and we gained nothing from it.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 9:03 am

I wasn't surprised they were killed, tbh I saw it coming... there was no room for them in future arcs.

I don't begrudge the senshi feeling sympathy or even love for them, especially when they're killed, viewing them as innocent people who've been used, and whom they thought they have just managed to save, it could be devastating. But the whole keeping them around bit could have been so much more than just redeeming them. They only remembered in like the last second before they died, which was kind of pointless.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 9:12 am

I wasnt expecting them to be in future arcs. Just the whole they can live peaceful lives now. THE END.
It would be like the sisters from the Black Moon arc in the original anime. After that arc ended, they disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 9:18 am

This episode was okay in my opinion.  I really liked seeing some of Beryl's past- she was quite a pretty lady. 

All I will say is- many parts follow the manga so the death at the end didn't surprise me at all- its what happened in the manga.

I am not shocked the shittenou died, I just wish we could have seen them get their "happy ending" with the senshi, but not this time, maybe in an alternate universe. 

I am really admiring Mamoru's seiyuu though- I feel like he is doing a fabulous job with his character.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 10:21 am

I didn't really feel any excitement with this episode as I did with past ones.

I'm just really confused why Usagi had to stab herself, especially if she wasn't gonna be a tragic princess anymore. Is she really that bound to Mamoru that there's no other way to escape this? This is just history repeating itself and nothing more.

I personally don't think Usagi was doing it right. Purifying him won't extract the silver crystal part out of him. But then again what other options are there. Praying to the moon for the power? But she doesn't have the silver crystal...

And why bother having the Shitennou die right there. It does seem pointless now.

We'll just see what the next episode has in store for us.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 10:46 am

Finally done with this episode.

This episode proves how big a mess Crystal is. From the beginning they said they would follow the manga, but for some reason they tried to do something different at the same time. You can't do that. While the original anime did have some elements from the manga it didn't come off rushed or forced. They had time to develop the story and the characters. No, I'm not saying the original anime is prefect. It has its flaws too, but there are things that make up for those flaws.

Back in episode 9 was it? When Usagi said she wouldn't be a tragic princess. They should have never had her said that unless they were planning not having her to kill herself. In the manga she kills herself so hence why Crystal went with it since they are following the manga. The writers let people's hope up that Usagi would raise to the top and over come her tragic past.

As for the generals. I am now mad at the way they kill them and how they handle their characters as a whole. They had miss opportunity by keeping them alive. We could have seen more of the past and also they could have been used to develop Mamoru's character a bit more. Then they had to tease us by giving Kunzite and Minako a small moment. It would been nice if both groups came together and fight as one. The generals then could have either died with honor or return to earth as normal humans and live out their lives peacefully. 

As for the death scene at the end. It was nicely animated. Too bad it didn't make me cry. This whole episode didn't make me cry. The final two episodes of the first arc in the original anime made me cry my eyes out. To this day I still tear up as I watch it. This episode could have made me cry if I gave two cents about these characters. 

Things that I liked:
The music
Young Beryl

That's it. I hate the fact that I hate it Crystal. Yes I said it. I hate this version of Sailor Moon. I never thought this could ever happened. I am just going to watch episode 13 and then go on my marry way. Feel free to tell me if the writing the second season has gotten any better. Then I might consider giving it a watch.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 10:53 am

I’m trying to type out my thoughts about how much of a disaster this episode was to me but I just...

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) Tumblr_inline_ngw8liXx7d1t54voi
Back to top Go down
Sailor Seren
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Seren

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Sailor Ceres ❤ Diana's Wife ❤

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 10:54 am

Um, well, I liked the Beryl stuff in this episode. *trying really hard to be positive*
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 11:14 am

They are gone....
the four generals....
THEY ARE GONE

i'm still shaking...i almost cried T_T
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 11:34 am

And now that I'm thinking about it, the suicide scene really sends an unhealthy message to begin with. Your BF has turned evil and can't be redeemed? Well just kill yourself and you don't have to worry about it anymore!

Now granted I haven't read the manga but I just question why this scene is there to begin with. What does it accomplish? And it still contradicts her saying she won't be a tragic princess anymore. This whole series does feel rushed and forced in some places. I just don't know anymore.

Seren, I totally understand how you feel and wanting to stay positive but it's so difficult with what just happened in this episode.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) 1948543417
Back to top Go down
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 11:41 am

((Love the Nostalgia Critic gif, Yunie!))

The scene with Venus stabbing Beryl was the scene I was looking forward to the most for this arc, and they changed it to Moon cutting her necklace. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed. ;_;
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 12:00 pm

Nyota wrote:
((Love the Nostalgia Critic gif, Yunie!))

The scene with Venus stabbing Beryl was the scene I was looking forward to the most for this arc, and they changed it to Moon cutting her necklace. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed. ;_;
Haha thanks!

But honestly this makes me super worried about the BMC arc.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Miss Pallas
Star Seed

Miss Pallas

Star Seed

Title : The RL Sailor Mercury.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 12:10 pm

PyreRosie wrote:
And now that I'm thinking about it, the suicide scene really sends an unhealthy message to begin with. Your BF has turned evil and can't be redeemed? Well just kill yourself and you don't have to worry about it anymore!

Now granted I haven't read the manga but I just question why this scene is there to begin with. What does it accomplish? And it still contradicts her saying she won't be a tragic princess anymore. This whole series does feel rushed and forced in some places. I just don't know anymore.

Seren, I totally understand how you feel and wanting to stay positive but it's so difficult with what just happened in this episode.  SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) 1948543417
It's exactly what happens in the manga. Spoiler, sorry. But she does it to reincarnate him and herself together. So he then is not evil anymore.
Back to top Go down
PyreRosie
Star Seed

PyreRosie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 12:17 pm

Oh no worries about manga spoilers. I understand if that's the intended reason but it just doesn't feel right to me. I feel there could've been a better alternative to that overall.
Back to top Go down
Miss Pallas
Star Seed

Miss Pallas

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 12:21 pm

PyreRosie wrote:
Oh no worries about manga spoilers. I understand if that's the intended reason but it just doesn't feel right to me. I feel there could've been a better alternative to that overall.
Oh I know. I understand where you're coming from. Like her powers could've been enough to snap him out of it. But it must be because it's what she remembers from the 30th century of when he got killed by Queen Beryl and she then killed herself and they ended up coming back to each other again. Force of habit? So weird but poor Sailor Moon was in turmoil so BAM!
Back to top Go down
MoonSylph
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Moon Sylph

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 1:08 pm

I was so so disappointed with the shitennou death scene. They made it terribly inconsequential. 

What was the point of their prolonged involvement, then? 

If their demise had to happen, I wanted—and expected—it to be excruciating! It was done so suddenly and with such indifference ... I think I cried mostly out of frustration and anger. Sad
Back to top Go down
leohamasaki
Star Seed

leohamasaki

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 1:46 pm

Yunie wrote:

But honestly this makes me super worried about the BMC arc.
Spoiler:

This. THIS!
Crystal has its great moments and all, and I thought it was going to be an alternative to the old anime, since when it comes to powers, it all came down to Sailor Moon. The other Senshis can do basically nothing useful with their powers (apart maybe from the final battle in the first season)... It's different in the manga though.
But Crystal is trying to focus so much on Moon and many nice moments as the girls as Senshis are being taken away. WHY?? 
I really hope they keep Pluto very important in the new arc... If it all comes down to Moon again, it's gonna be so frustrating, because it's what irritates me the most in the old anime.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos http://sailorcinnamonroll.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2-i0XPETaJklFSryw1G3iQ/videos
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 2:15 pm

I have very mixed feelings about this episode.

Things I liked and/or cried about:
-"Hyperspatial Sphere Generate!!!!!"
-The Senshi making a strategy and being VERY effecting against Beryl
-Beryl's past + death from necklace
-The girls planning with the cats in the command center and then flying to D-Point
-The girls fighting back/dodging the Shitennou rather than taking the hits and crying about how "we can't fight against them!!!"
-Sailor Moon and Dark Endymion on the balcony + Luna's speech. It was all done beautifully and painfully
-The girls actually being able to heal the Shitennou

Things I didn't like:
-Usagi nearly going into either hysterics or catatonia over Mamoru/Endymion up until Luna's speech
-How easily the Shitennou were killed
-Usagi running both of them through instead of just Mamoru with the sword (even though I knew this was going to happen)
-The talking heads as opposed to action. Especially Venus and Beryl! Both of them can fit so many syllables in one breath

I guess I feel more positively about the episode than negatively, but I agree the messages being sent about relationships are problematic and that the Shitennou deaths were handled sloppily.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 2:35 pm

About the Shitennou...:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 3:18 pm

I couldn't agree more Nyota. They deserved more than getting zapped.
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 3:41 pm

Usagi said she wouldn't be a tragic princess

Then she turns around and stabs herself again

WHAT?

(Didn't Naoko realise that makes Usagi a bit of a hypocrite?)
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 4:00 pm

I doubt Naoko writes the scripts for Crystal. I doubt she isn't super involved.
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 4:05 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I doubt Naoko writes the scripts for Crystal. I doubt she isn't super involved.
What i meant is why did she put it in the manga in the first place
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 4:06 pm

She didn't Crystal added that line.
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 4:08 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
She didn't Crystal added that line.
Oh. I really need to re-read the Dark Kingdom arc and some point because i'm forgetting all sorts of things
Back to top Go down
Miss Pallas
Star Seed

Miss Pallas

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime20th December 2014, 5:47 pm

If you're used to the anime, I can see where people are getting upset and frustrated. But Crystal is following the manga and it seems rushed because they try and get certain things in one episode. I truly believe they could drawn it out more if the episodes were longer than like 25 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Episode 12 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top