The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th December 2014, 5:04 pm

Please be sure to keep in mind how tones can be interpreted over the internet and that this is a discussion rather than a debate. (This isn't directed at anyone in particular at all, just a reminder ^^ we are accepting of all things people love)

Anywhom,

Personally I liked this episode, the Luna/Usagi interaction is AMAZING in the beginning so damn cute.

I personally love the manga, so I'm truly ok with them following it for the most part. I'm not a huge shipper of the Generals and Senshi but it's all water under the bridge really. I just kinda ignore it >.>  It's not bad, like I'm cool with it's shippers, just doesn't really get me going personally.

I think that when I first saw the full transformations I was a little peeved, it took a lot of time, but knowing what is coming next, I'm almost 100% positive this is the last time we'll see them transform until like the second episode of second arc so I think it was more a final showing of them, which I'm ok with.

Personally I loved seeing them fighting it out, freaking Minako was a BAMF and it was awesome. And how Usagi wouldn't fight until he hurt Luna and then she was PISSED.  I think the scene with then at Ami's was nice too, they just let her sleep and even move her to a more comfortable place instead of whining or being petty over her not doing any work.

Now I have thought about how I would feel if this was fleshed out more, but quite honestly I think just as many people would be unsatisfied if it didn't literally animate the manga, which is what it is pretty much doing. I would probably be ok with either really, I truly love the manga, it's fast paced but it's appealing to me. I would like to see more fleshed out stuff as well, but I am ok with them taking the manga and keeping it as it was 20 years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th December 2014, 5:10 pm

Sailor CJ wrote:
I don't care if Naoko Takeuchi wanted this content in the original manga, this sort of thing only would have worked had there been time to develop it. The Inners can say that they love the Generals all they want, but we haven't seen a single damn flashback to show for it. It's only characters commenting that they feel something or are in love. I'm not a fan of the shipping myself, but I could at least respect it if Toei put some damn time into it or at least didn't remove content from the manga to exchange for it.
YESSS YOU NAILED IT
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th December 2014, 5:36 pm

Neo Queen Serenity wrote:

Personally I loved seeing them fighting it out, freaking Minako was a BAMF and it was awesome. And how Usagi wouldn't fight until he hurt Luna and then she was PISSED.  I think the scene with then at Ami's was nice too, they just let her sleep and even move her to a more comfortable place instead of whining or being petty over her not doing any work.

The scene where Venus uses her love chain whip on Evil Motoki was really cool and it makes me wonder who would win in a fight between Venus and Wonder Woman.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th December 2014, 6:11 pm

I like them too. <3
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
RemEngel
Star Seed

RemEngel

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th December 2014, 11:03 pm

Overall I liked this episode. Seeing a little bit of Minako's bubbliness and Rei's grumpiness at Ami's apartment provided a little bit of much-needed character development. The action was good. Really loved seeing Venus use her chain/whip in battle, and using it to retrieve the Silver Crystal. Also we get to finally see Venus' speech! Seriously, those 10 or so seconds were mainly what I was looking forward to the most this ep. Very Happy

I only have one real complaint with this episode:
The Shitennou make no appearance. After the big-deal revelation that they and the Senshi were in love, it's very glaring. It makes it feel like the whole thing was thrown in at the last minute by Toei without really thinking about how they're going to handle it. Especially when it's time for the next arc to start.

On a somewhat unrelated note, did anyone else get some vibes between Endou and Motoki? Not that I'm complaining.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 7:46 pm

I just wanted to say something about this scene.

Luna: Usagi don't be fooled! I'm your ally! I know who you truly love! YOU LOVE ME NOT HIM!!!!

And Venus awesomeness was just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)   SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Episode 11 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top