The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  Empty
PostSubject: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 9:00 am

So yeah the new episode is out. Go watch it.  :bunnynarroweye

My feelings:
mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 9:11 am

i liked it, but UsaMamo in any carnate is my OTP. i as crying like a baby. i loved the music (well the music that was new).

there could have been more stuff, idk how to explain it, but i am satisfied
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 9:32 am

The episode was heart breaking to watch Usagi go through so much pain.  I loved seeing Usagi with her super-long hair and I liked that they made it look all glowing in Crystal.   I wish we could have gotten more new scenes with the Shittenou in the flashbacks to the past but I'm looking forward to the next episode and I'm curious to see if we'll get some new flashback footage of the Shittenou and the Inners.  I wonder how they're going to handle the scene where Princess Serenity
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 9:40 am

I thought it was just okay? I like episode 8 better. I kinda liked how it went down in Classic better after Mamoru was taken.

Also, I will never get over how Ikuko just left Usagi in her room for, like, a week straight. She's not eating or leaving her room and she doesn't try to do anything.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 10:07 am

For all we know it's been a day. They never stated how long she's been in her room. They need to wear other clothes. >.<
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 11:03 am

SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  039
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Morwenna
Star Seed

Morwenna

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 12:27 pm

I personally loved Kotono Mitsuishi's performance in this episode. It pulled my heart strings! I'm really wanting to see more inner senshi interaction, I feel like they're just scratching the surface. I suppose though, that lack of interaction may be due to the shorter amount of episodes compared to the original anime. Still! I liked this episode more than some previous ones.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Leona
Star Seed

Sailor Leona

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 12:41 pm

My thoughts can be summed up like this.  "*KERMITFLAIL!*"  SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  KermitFlail

Still don't get how people can think this is boring, or how they can be so disappointed when we've known *or at least suspected* from pretty much the moment this series was announced that it would be following the manga almost perfectly.  That's exactly what it's doing, except for some changes like the Shittenou not dying when they should have, which I'm really REALLY hoping means they'll gain redemption rather than dying for Beryl and Metallia's sins.  One thing that always really disappointed me about the original anime is that Usagi gets her healing powers IMMEDIATELY
Spoiler:
*spoilers for the off chance any newer fans don't know about that part of the original anime yet*  I'd love to see them all live and have a chance at normal human lives, even if they don't do the whole "they and the senshi are couples" thing.

I am also looking forward to the next episode more than any other so far.  Queen Serenity!  I've always loved her, so I can't wait to see how the next episode is handled.
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 1:40 pm

^the kermite gif above pretty much sums up my feels for this episode lol. I love how so many of the screen shots through out the episode matched scenes from the manga! Can't wait until the next episode....*sigh* in 2 whole weeks. Oh well, it will be something to look forward to at least. 
Back to top Go down
Sailor CJ
Lotus Crystal

Sailor CJ

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Galaxia

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 2:01 pm

Kotono Mitsuishi completely rocks this episode. I've never had a problem with the voice acting of Crystal. Everyone's been great (especially baritone Artemis LOL!).

That being said, there were a lot of problems in this episode and not just with the shoddy animation. I was particularly disappointed with the way they handled Sailor Venus greeting Princess Serenity for the first time. In the manga, she's sad and rather mournful, looking to her almost like a mother would a daughter. Here it's played so tired and dull. Just really, really bad direction on that scene. I know she cries a bit later but it seems to come out of nowhere. Other than that, I thought the tone was perfect. Again, kudos to Kotono Mitsuishi. DANG, GURL.

To Neon Genesis, I highly suspect they'll censor "that" scene or at least show it a little differently. I can't imagine they'll show it outright. They altered Usagi's nightmare of Beryl murdering Tuxedo Mask so I don't think they'll do that either.
Back to top Go down
http://ourinkedobsession.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 2:37 pm

While I mostly enjoyed this episode, I think one part that bothered me about it a bit was how Usagi
Spoiler:
I thought the series had been portraying Usagi's strength as a Senshi reasonably well and I know this part is in the manga, but it still makes me feel like it's sending out the wrong message to young girls; that if you lose a man, you should fall apart and your whole happiness should be dependent on that man.   I mean, yeah, Usagi was sad in the original anime too during this part of the series, but I felt like the original anime didn't make it this overly dramatic.  Even in Stars I felt like Usagi was at least trying her best to live her daily life the best she could in spite of her worries.   However, I did love the scene at the end where
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 3:22 pm

innocentvenus wrote:

They didnt state in the show silly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 3:41 pm

I also felt that there were various problems as well with this episode. The animation always seems to be a problem with me. There are always various moments where things aren't proportional. It's rather distracting. Another thing that I noticed as well, as Sailor CJ mentioned, is Venus' attitude/behavior. Venus did seem a bit cold and condescending towards Princess Serenity. Like Neon Genesis, I also had a bit of problem with the scene where Usagi freaks out and looses it when she's reminded about Mamoru being gone but for a different reason. In the manga her "freaking out" only last about about 3-4 panels this was obviously more drawn out in Crystal.

Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi/SM can do no wrong but her voice in Crystal at various moments has made me stop and compare her voice to the original series. I'm sure age has a lot to do with how her voice has changed since the original series and perhaps being out of practice might also play a role but I feel like there are moments where he voice is a bit strained/overdone/forced. I seem to notice this more in scenes that were in the original series like the shriek before and after the OP theme. In the original her screams were more powerful to me compared to the ones in Crystal.

I honestly feel like I have more negative things to say about Crystal than positive. I'll end this on a positive note though, I do love bariton Artemis as well! He's so cute and his smile in his episode was adorable :3

Last edited by Roro on 1st November 2014, 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 3:41 pm

Neon Genesis wrote:
While I mostly enjoyed this episode, I think one part that bothered me about it a bit was how Usagi
Spoiler:
I thought the series had been portraying Usagi's strength as a Senshi reasonably well and I know this part is in the manga, but it still makes me feel like it's sending out the wrong message to young girls; that if you lose a man, you should fall apart and your whole happiness should be dependent on that man.   I mean, yeah, Usagi was sad in the original anime too during this part of the series, but I felt like the original anime didn't make it this overly dramatic.  Even in Stars I felt like Usagi was at least trying her best to live her daily life the best she could in spite of her worries.   However, I did love the scene at the end where
Spoiler:

I disagree with the whole you shouldn't fall apart if you lose a man. Usagi had every right to fall apart like that. If someone you cared the most for was taken away from you like that wouldn't you fall apart? Man or woman it doesn't matter. When you lose somebody it's heart breaking and some people do fall apart. Everyone deals with grieving differently. But what's great is that once Usagi talked to everyone she pulled herself together and decided that she won't let another tragedy happen again. She is going to save her man and stop Dark Kingdom from rising. 

Plus I bet that whole night was emotionally scarring for her. Mamoru gets hurt, she finds out she's a princess, and Mamoru gets kidnapped. 

Sorry I just hate the whole it's bad for a girl to "rely" on a man mindset.

-----
Usagi's VA sounds great when she's being serious and talking in a soft tone. When she's being youthful and hyper not so much. It hurts my ears when she's a high pitch voice. I wish they got a new VA.

I wish there was more movement in the animation. Again the characters just stand around and we get nothing, but still shots. 

After watching the preview, episode 10 is going to be the best looking episode.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 4:16 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
innocentvenus wrote:

They didnt state in the show silly. Razz

Lol I know. But Crystal for the most part is taken from the manga. So maybe it was still a week.  SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  1955989781
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 5:01 pm

Roro wrote:

Kotono Mitsuishi as Usagi/SM can do no wrong but her voice in Crystal at various moments has made me stop and compare her voice to the original series. I'm sure age has a lot to do with how her voice has changed since the original series and perhaps being out of practice might also play a role but I feel like there are moments where he voice is a bit strained/overdone/forced. I seem to notice this more in scenes that were in the original series like the shriek before and after the OP theme. In the original her screams were more powerful to me compared to the ones in Crystal.
I've generally been supportive of Kotono's performance as Usagi in Crystal but I noticed that about her screams as well.  But I tried to be forgiving of that considering she's older now and hasn't played the part in two decades. 

Quote :

Plus I bet that whole night was emotionally scarring for her. Mamoru gets hurt, she finds out she's a princess, and Mamoru gets kidnapped.
But I don't recall Usagi freaking out that much when the Inners got kidnapped by Rubeus in the Black Moon arc and as I said, the original anime didn't dramatize it nearly as much even though it was just as scarring for Usagi back then.  I mean, Usagi was physically shaking at times and I thought she looked like she was going to vomit at times.  I really hate to compare Sailor Moon to Twilight but it just reminded me of how Bella acted in New Moon when Edward left.
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 5:14 pm

I found this episode really boring,and there were weird derpy faces everywhere.Definitely one of Crystals weaker episodes
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 5:15 pm

Please keep in mind that Usagi is just starting out. By the time she gets to the Black Moon Arc she has mature. She becomes a better fighter and knows to keep her emotions under control. 

I really don't blame Usagi. :/

She finds out she's a princess and then someone she cares for gets kidnap. It has to take a toll on her. I mean I bet she feels like her life is a lie. We at least in this episode soon she will learn that she's Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 5:16 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Neon Genesis wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I disagree with the whole you shouldn't fall apart if you lose a man. Usagi had every right to fall apart like that. If someone you cared the most for was taken away from you like that wouldn't you fall apart? Man or woman it doesn't matter. When you lose somebody it's heart breaking and some people do fall apart. Everyone deals with grieving differently. But what's great is that once Usagi talked to everyone she pulled herself together and decided that she won't let another tragedy happen again. She is going to save her man and stop Dark Kingdom from rising. 

Sorry I just hate the whole it's bad for a girl to "rely" on a man mindset.

-----
Usagi's VA sounds great when she's being serious and talking in a soft tone. When she's being youthful and hyper not so much. It hurts my ears when she's a high pitch voice. I wish they got a new VA.

I wish there was more movement in the animation. Again the characters just stand around and we get nothing, but still shots. 

After watching the preview, episode 10 is going to be the best looking episode.
Plus the fact that she wasn't even sure if Mamoru was still alive or dead.

And Usagi didn't really have time to freak out much when the inner senshi were taken by Rubeus since that was the end of an episode but she was about to slap chibiusa and Mamoru had to stop her from doing so. Plus there were 4 of them who were all still conscious while Mamoru doesn't have any powers (yet) and is possibly dead so he was more vulnerable.

I am sad that they actually didn't show Mamoru's face melting off or actually getting stabbed. I found the flashback of the girls putting flowers in Princess Serenity's hair to be so kawaii.  The animation was a little wonky at times but man the animation was gorgeous in some of the flashbacks. 
Plus in the preview at around 0:17 am I the only one who wants to pick up Queen Serenity like a doll and hug her. She just looked so darn adorable!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sailor Comet
Star Seed

Sailor Comet

Star Seed

Title : A wandering sailor.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 5:42 pm

Loved every moment of episode 9.

Like I teared up several times just from nostalgic feels and how well that voice acting is. 

Looking forward to the next episodes <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.hinderence.deviantart.com
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 7:39 pm

Omg Usagi's screams sent me to tears just like it did in the original anime. I could completely empathize with her loss and heartache and panicking and it pulled at my heart in the most perfectly painful way <3 

One thing that you guys have brought up that I also noticed is how much she freaks out about Mamoru being gone. I do see that they've dragged it out a bit which honestly I don't mind because to me it feels a bit more real that her just being all the sudden over it and ready to kick butt. But there was something still kinda nagging about they way they portray it. As a person that is a chronic sufferer of anxiety, the way Usagi flashbacks to that night and then breaks down scarily reminds me of a panic attack. And I actually really really like that they incorporate that because then it gives them a chance to show her strengthening her resolve when her friends are there and giving us a visual of some of her growth as a character. I think that scene was a defining moment for Usagi in the manga because your right, after this arc she doesn't freak out about things nearly as much as she did here and I think that's because of that moment. She realizes that she surrounded by her friends and she starts to regain her hope in the fact that she has the power to save Mamo-chan if only she chooses to do so. And the way they showed it to me was spot on <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 7:48 pm

I didn't care the few derp faces in this episode
i don't care that people still complaints about it
i don't care about your negative opinions

i was holding my heart watching this episode, the feels i had cannot be described, i didn't cry but i was so SHOCKED of HOW PERFECT they put this episode together, because seriously, this is pure perfection!

SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  ZpGEIRl

LOOK AT THEM! <3

3 more episodes and we're done with the first arc D: still, i'm so excited for next episode and the Endo issue, i wonder how they are gonna do that.

Today is double happy day for me, not just is Sailor Moon Saturday but today is also my first year as an engaged woman <3, so all those romantic scenes from the past made me remember when i met my fiance ^//^.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime1st November 2014, 8:08 pm

I wasn't really complaining about the derp faces.I was just saying how boring this episode was.It was just basically Usagi crying every 5 seconds.Even in the manga this act was more interesting
I'm not usually this negative about Crystal's episodes (since i adore the series) but this just what i think.I'm sure next episode things will get better and more interesting (Kawaii Queen Serenity!)
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 8:40 am

I don't really think people should have to apologize for saying positive or negative things about the show. Your opinions are your opinions. Sailor Moon isn't going to come to your room at night and turn you into moon dust for saying something bad about Crystal.

*ahem*

I do have to agree about the crying. I don't think it's bad for her to cry over a man - Usagi is a crybaby after all. Plus Usagi just got all her memories back. I'm sure that was very overwhelming for her. My issue is that she has been so emotional over Mamoru but when has she reacted that way about her 'friends'. Back in Episode 6 (I think) when the other senshi were in trouble she barely had a reaction and when she finally did she left immediately afterwards. Didn't stay to see if they were okay or anything. There has been nothing, in my opinion, to show that they are this 'great' group of friends. I reread the manga months ago so my memory about this is hazy but didn't it at least show them doing stuff together when it had the chance?

Honestly the only reason people care about any of these characters is because it's Sailor Moon. The majority of the audience has already had some exposure to these characters in some shape or fashion so we already have prior attachments. Besides Usagi, Crystal itself hasn't given me any reason to care about the other characters. I'm getting close to the point of washing my hands of Crystal. In-between the fandom's immaturity about accepting other's opinions and the show itself I don't think I can take any longer. I probably will just watch it once it's all over.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 8:54 am

That's how I felt when I read the manga. Why should I care about any of these characters? I know nothing about them. I think manga did try to make other characters shine which is what Crystal is missing. I think they want us to assume that they are bonding off screen. How can we assume that when they're always in their school uniforms? It just looks like they're rushing to one scene after the other. 

Then in the bedroom scene, when the girls encourage Usagi. They're basically saying we're here to serve you. You're our princess that's all we live for. Yes they are her guardians, but I always felt that their friendship came first. Usagi even said in the original anime that she didn't want to be treated like a princess. Or at least something like that was mentioned? Plus the Usagi I know would want her guardians to be happy. That their happiness is just as important as hers.
Back to top Go down
SailorGucci
Star Seed

SailorGucci

Star Seed

Title : In the name of Fashion I'll punish you!

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 8:58 am

I adored the episode by far my favorite so far in crystal..had me teary eyed the whole way thru.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 10:14 am

This might be the first time that I liked how the original anime handled something.  Overall, I really liked the episode but it didn't have the same emotional impact on me.

All of the little SilMil flashbacks have me so exited for the next episode!
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 3:41 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:

Then in the bedroom scene, when the girls encourage Usagi. They're basically saying we're here to serve you. You're our princess that's all we live for. Yes they are her guardians, but I always felt that their friendship came first. Usagi even said in the original anime that she didn't want to be treated like a princess. Or at least something like that was mentioned? Plus the Usagi I know would want her guardians to be happy. That their happiness is just as important as hers.
I'm going to have to disagree on this point.  I think it was clear from the bedroom scene in Crystal that both the Inners and Usagi see Usagi and the Princess as two different people, just like in the manga.  Ami makes a comment about how Princess Serenity always cheered them up with her smile "and so do you" indicating Ami sees Usagi as her own person.  Likewise, when Usagi says she's not a princess and she's just an ordinary girl, Rei agrees with her and tells her she doesn't have to follow the same path the princess took.  I do agree the original anime had better character development, but they do still consider Usagi and the Princess to be different people in Crystal and that they care about Usagi as her own individual.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 3:44 pm

Well they need to show their friendship better than because I don't find it believable at all.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 6:10 pm

I watched this during my layover in the Houston airport today and had to hold myself back from weeping openly in public.

Kotono conveyed the anguish so well that I could feel it with every fiber of my being.

I liked the story pacing better than the previous act as well, since that one seemed to end very abruptly. This is the second time I felt that Crystal is finally showing some bonding between the Senshi. I hope they can continue to slip it in as much as possible, but I'm not expecting too much.

Also, Artemis is sooooooooo adorable and expressive! I want to steal him from Minako and have him live with me.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)    SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SMC Episode 9 Discussion (Spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top