The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dance Dance Revolution Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

Dance Dance Revolution Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 1:27 pm

Thought this is a much older game DDR has a very special place in my heart and I love so so many songs from their soundtracks. Anyone have any favorites or any favorite version of the game? I definitely preferred the Playstation 2 DDR 6th remix and then DDR MAX 2 (7th edition) over the later versions of the game. After the Xbox versions the music became too commercial for me. I definitely prefer the older dance hits they released solely for the game. Here are some of my FAVE SONGS!

"I'm In the Mood For Dancing" - Sharon

"Cutie Chaser" - Club Spice

"BumbleBee" - Bambee

"Cow Girl" -BamBee

"Injection of Love (Hina Mix) -Akira Yamaoka

"Rhythm And Police" - CJ Crew

"Do You Remember Me" - Jenny

"
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime26th October 2014, 3:04 pm

OMG!! You and me obv have a lot of in common cause you keep posting things that make me go OMG. xD DDR was my JAM back in the day. I used to drive like 30 minutes to the nearest mall just to play DDR. My friends and I would have DDR nights at each other houses. Aaah so many memories. I still play now and then, but everything is all packed up right now. Sad

I have a whole folder full of DDR music. My favs were "Butterfly", "Rhythm and Police", "stomp to my beat", "Candy" (both versions), "Freckles", "Hero", "Aoi Shoudou" and so many others...

Which was you favorite challenging one to play? BAG was always insane and Tsugaru. And lets not forget all the different versions of Paranoia. xD
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 10:27 am

HAHAHA Best random buddies! I do see we have a lot in common though! But DDR WAS MY SHIZNIT! I used to play all the time with my friends in my basement because playing on the first floor made too much noise. I started playing it again years later but I live on the 3rd floor in an apartment building and I'm afraid my downstairs neighbors will complain lol

I also have a whole playlist of 100+ songs from DDR. I also love "Synchronized Love", "Kind Lady",
"Candy", "Ritmo Tropical", "Bye Bye Baby Ballon", "Always On My Mind".

MAX 300 was def a difficult song. I also had a hard time with slow songs sometimes. It was hard to catch the rhythm when the pace is that slow. I used to be able to do some heavy songs but as I got heavier my skill level went down lol

What version of the game and for what system did you have it for?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 11:07 am

I owned just about every version for the PS2 that I could get my hands on. I think I also have the two ps1 versions as well, but since its all packed away I don't remember what else I have. I also still have like 4 PS2 soft mats and my friend has a nice hard mat that we need to hook up and have some a fun DDR night with. xD I usually played DDR Max, Max2, or Extreme.

Though I always had a preference for the arcade version, but now my area doesn't have any DDR machines that I know of. all the places that had them closed... and if Chuck E. Cheese has one...well i'm not going there just to play DDR. xD

I used to be able to do a lot of hte songs on heavy, but if I play now I have to do Light or Standard. xD Especially when you are on a soft mat since those damn things move around so much...

Which ones did you play? Did you ever play the Disney version (and if you ever went to Disney World, they usually have hte arcade disney version there)? Or hte Mario one? I'm just curious. xD
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 11:27 am

I started playing DDR in arcades (SuperNova or even the other versions of dance games like DanceMania) but not frequently, just when I would head to Chinatown. My first run in with it was at my friend's house with the original Playstation. That was probably the 3rd mix. Then I got a PS2 and I bought DDR MAX and DDR MAX 2. Those are my two most favorite versions of the game. Then I got Extreme and I think I bought Supernova. Then I had Ultramix 1 and 2 for the original XBox. I've never had the Disney or Mario versions. Were they any good?

There used to be a big fanbase with DDR but I think the decline of the quality of the songs pushed people away...it def pushed me away from buying the new versions. Do you feel the same way?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 11:42 am

Oh def... I'm not interested in any of the newer ones. I had bought the Wii version when it came out and I did not like it. :/ Also there seems to be a decline in arcades with the machine ( in my area at least) and the popularity of games like Just Dance is making DDR seem like a game of the late 90s and 2000 decades
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 12:11 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Oh def... I'm not interested in any of the newer ones. I had bought the Wii version when it came out and I did not like it. :/  Also there seems to be a decline in arcades with the machine ( in my area at least) and the popularity of games like Just Dance is making DDR seem like a game of the late 90s and 2000 decades
Did you play the it at the movie theater too? XD It's at my movie theater. It's one of those games I wish I was good at, but I'm klutz when it comes to anything that requires lots of coordination (think Usagi, and that's me) lol.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 4:00 pm

They never had it at any movie theaters in my area (the closest that had any kinda of DDR machine at a theater was in New Orleans and they had Pump It Up (which is awesome but whole different story xD)). But they had it at a couple arcades which have all now since closed down. :/
Back to top Go down
Sailor Comet
Star Seed

Sailor Comet

Star Seed

Title : A wandering sailor.

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 4:57 pm

I love DDR <3

Haven't played it in so long though ;w; When I was in 9th grade I had senior friends who were uber cool and had anime stuff and played DDR and video games so they caught me on to playing and taught me (they played on heavy when I started)
Quickly I caught up to them and finally was able to play on Heavy too!!

My proudest song completing  is Can't Stop falling in Love (Speedy Mix) with a B on Heavy XD!! That song is no joke.

I also got my father to start playing DDR Razz He was able to play up to Standard He went crazy of DDR he's bought several metal dance platforms for the house and downloaded Stepmania and got so many song xD He was even starting to edit them, But my dad has a habit of not doing things anymore and selling it all, so we no longer do that. But it was fun while it lasted XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.hinderence.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 5:11 pm

oh wow! I wish I could have gotten my parents into something like that. Even though it didn't last thats still really cool. xD I wish i could have gotten a nice hard pad. Sad
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 6:23 pm

Small Lady wrote:
oh wow! I wish I could have gotten my parents into something like that. Even though it didn't last thats still really cool. xD I wish i could have gotten a nice hard pad. Sad

Omg same here. I don't know how many times I slipped and missed a step because of that slippery azz pad. I so want one of those professional metal pads. They are so cool. That's cool that you got your father to play Sailor Comet! I don't think my parents could ever understand how to play a game like DDR!

DDR was never in any movie theaters by me. It was only in the really big arcades in the city or in places like Dave and Busters. I don't mind Just Dance THAT much but it's just not as fun for me. DDR is very precise and choreographed where Just Dance is more about the hot new music the moves follow. I own both but I enjoy DDR much much more.

Small Lady you didn't tell me about the Mario and Disney versions of DDR! How were they? Dance Dance Revolution Discussion 868675979
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime27th October 2014, 6:44 pm

oh yeah! They were ok really. xD I think I prefer the Disney one over the Mario one. Playing them on Heavy was like playing Standard levels so it was easy to get As and stuff. xD But I had fun on them.

I think this video has all the songs here. My fav is Zip a dee doo dah and Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious xD

Back to top Go down
Sailor Comet
Star Seed

Sailor Comet

Star Seed

Title : A wandering sailor.

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime28th October 2014, 1:57 pm

Had no ideal there was a Disney version of DDR XDD Very interesting thank you for sharing Very Happy!

The friend that taught me how to play, actually modified his foam pad with wood board under the pad and then he wrapped the pad to secure it to the board and it worked just amazing no sliding not too squishy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hinderence.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime28th October 2014, 2:57 pm

I had friends that did stuff like that. I've though about doing it, but living in a small space I don't really have place for it. One day when when I get a nice big place... *dreams*

it would be sooo cool to own an actual DDR arcade machine.
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime28th October 2014, 3:05 pm

I always wanted a DDR machine. They cost thousands of dollars though. If I had a big mansion I would totally devote it to old school gaming and have like 2 DDR machines in there!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime29th October 2014, 5:10 pm

Yeah so I got curious and looked them up last night...they are expensive but not AS expensive as I thought. Saw some on ebay ranging from $1500-$5000... but i had always been told they cost more in the $9000-$10000. I bet they may be even cheaper by the time I can afford such things. xD

Oooor maybe I should just look into a nice hard mat and set up stepmania xD
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 6:08 am

Oh wow I also thought it was gonna be more expensive. I was actually downloading some more DDR songs the other night. I'm always on the hunt for songs I've never heard of. There's a website that has most of the DDR songs and Dancemania songs (soundtracks for the Benami games).

I just started listening to a song called "Wine and Rose" and another called "Rainbow Flyer". They are both great!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 3:51 pm

Oh what website is that? I'd like to get them all if I can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 4:35 pm

http://downloads.khinsider.com/

this website has soundtracks to animes, videogames, japanese related works...everything! I love it for my video game soundtracks. Hope you can find what you are looking for!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime3rd November 2014, 7:22 pm

OH WOW, I remember this website, I used to go to it all the time but lost the bookmark years ago. THANKS XD
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime3rd November 2014, 7:53 pm

LOL I did too and found it again. Your super welcomes! Dance Dance Revolution Discussion 868675979
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dance Dance Revolution Discussion   Dance Dance Revolution Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dance Dance Revolution Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top