The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Why you love each version of Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Why you love each version of Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Why you love each version of Sailor Moon   Why you love each version of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 6:03 pm

I know there's already a poll about which version of Sailor Moon is your favorite, but for me asking that question is asking me which of my kids I love the most (okay I don't have kids, but you know what I mean). I can't and won't decide, because I'd rather have them all. So... instead, tell us what you love most about each version! And does your favorite character for each version differ? Why?

Manga
I feel like most days I'm least connected to the manga just because it's so fast-paced and probably has the least character development. But some of the stories I like better than the anime. Especially in the S arc (although I love the anime's finale of S much better), SuperS, and Stars because the anime went monster/victim of the day route when the manga showed us more interesting senshi-specific battle scenes. In Stars, the story is more powerful because of the shocking scenes and the revelation at the end, and there's more of an epic feel to everything. Gorgeous art also, of course! I love anime!Usagi a lot but I wish she's a little bit more as graceful as her manga self sometimes.

Favorite Character: Hard to say since there's little development here, but I would have to say Minako. It's fun getting to know her as Sailor V. She's so different in those earlier days and watching her growth is fascinating. I also enjoyed Michiru's I-will-kill-Yaten-because-she-insulted-my-lipstick moment. Neptune is particularly super pretty in the manga  Why you love each version of Sailor Moon 3150097195 

Anime
For the longest time the anime was the only thing I know of Sailor Moon, so I suppose it holds a special place in my heart. I love the way it slowly builds everyone (although not to the depth of PGSM), I love how ridiculous it can be sometimes yet still have heart-wrenching episodes (the R movie is one of my top favorites). To think that a silly cartoon can make you feel things...

Favorite Character: Still Minako. I probably love her the most in this version.

PGSM
Ridiculously good at characterization (albeit somewhat twisted sometimes) and their development. I love the story of the girls in the live action the most. I love how everyone's the same yet different, I love the 'dark' feel to everything, and just. WHY did they not make more?!

Favorite Character: Ami. (Because how can you not with that poor precious bb) No seriously, I'm impressed that PGSM is the only version that managed to make me fall for Ami so hard. Minako comes a close second still though (I'm a sucker for tragedy) I also like Rei a lot here (I'm usually also ambivalent with her and don't really enjoy her in the anime) And Mako. And everyone. There is no character in PGSM I don't enjoy (Except Mio, damn, I hate that girl so much. Apparently I only do extreme like or dislike in PGSM)

Sera Myu
What do I enjoy the most? Well, THE SONGS of course. They're awesome. Also, doing battle with choreographed dancing. All the inside jokes. Shenshurakuus. The actors and their ever-changing roles. Original stories and previously unexplored plots. I find not all characters get enough spotlight though, which is probably its only weakness (or that the characters can't be played by our favorite actors ALL THE TIME)

Favorite Character: Hard to say because they're ever-changing with the actors and, like the manga, have little development. I don't actually have any yet. I really enjoyed Shiori's Minako in La Reconquista though. So feisty.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Why you love each version of Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why you love each version of Sailor Moon   Why you love each version of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime26th December 2013, 5:33 pm

Oooh I never saw this thread! Bad me!

Okay.

Musicals
Since the musicals are my absolute favorite version of Sailor Moon, I will talk about it first. Of course, I love all the songs! And theres just over 200 of them to love and enjoy. Very Happy I love how the musicals take the stories we already love and change them and add different plot twists and elements that make it the story its own and, at times, making it even BETTER. I love the original storylines like The Legend of Kaguya Island and The Dracul Series stories.

My favorite characters in these shows actually are either villains or side characters:
Loof Merrow from Kaguya
Bloody Dracul Vampir and Count Dracul from the Dracul Series
The Amazon Trio
Kyaosu [cause best plot twist]
Sailor Galaxia and Queen Beryl [cause best team up]
Sailor Pluto [because best songs, best stories, all the feels]
Sailor Chibi Moon [cause they make her so awesome and cute]
and yeah...

The only thing I dislike about the musicals is the lack of Makoto/Jupiter character development. She gets one song (though respectively Mars gets only one image song too), but when she gets her own little storyline she has to share it with Uranus and Mars. Boo. :[

I think the only reason for that thought is, in Japan, Makoto is probably the least relate-able where as Ami is the most relate-able (hence why she is often voted favorite character in Japan).

Anime
Ok ya know. The anime really is kind of perfect despite what anyone says. o.o I mean, yes, the animation isn't that great compared to today's standards, but the story, plot, character development is really great in areas (yes i know sometimes it is lacking with certain characters but i can forgive it for that). It has its problems (I'm looking at you Stars finale), but I still love it. I can watch the anime multiple amounts of times over and over and over again without ever getting bored or feeling the need to complain about 95% of it (which i see a lot around the Sm fandom for some reason o.O).

Fav. Character in this version: Usagi and Minako and Mako probably.

Fav. Villain: entirety of the Dead Moon Circus. Its my fav season and they are all really awesome and hilarious.

Manga
Before the musicals came along in my life, the manga was my top favorite version of SM. I really loved the story and how it was really dark at times, while still being a light hearted manga. It might be too fast paced for some and it does lack in the character development part (especially for the villains), but I still really love it. I love the "coronation" scene from the Dream arc and how Usagi always ends up having to fight alone (poor girl). Theres a lot of good themes going in the story. Also can I just say THE ART. I LOVE NAOKO'S ARTSTYLE. Even with its out of proportioned legs, hands, and necks. lol

Fav Character: Usagi and Chibi-Usa def. Also Mamoru.

Live Action

(I'm trying not to call it PGSM anymore cause PGSM now associates with anything new that comes out SM, i.e. manga rerelease, musical, anime, etc.)

IMO, the live action is probably the BEST version of Sailor Moon there is. It does everything just right if you ask me. The relationships between the girls, the development of the villains, just the entire story...its really great. Even though the special effects seem cheesy and low budget (which really thats just how Japanese shows like this look. Go watch the japanese version of Power Rangers or Kamen Rider and you'll understand) I really like them. And the end...GAH THE END. Its like an explosion of feels that just hits you and you're a blubbering mess for like 2 hours.

Fav Characters here: Motoki! xD He's hilarious. But I love Mako in this one...and well actually everyone is pretty fab.

Most hated character of all time ever: MIO.  Why you love each version of Sailor Moon 1263409520 

And yeah. It could be more detailed but meh. xD
Back to top Go down

Why you love each version of Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top