The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Which is Your Favourite Version?
Manga
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_lcap43%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 34 ]
Anime
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_lcap29%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 23 ]
Musical
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_lcap11%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Live-Action
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_lcap17%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 80

AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? Empty
PostSubject: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 10:08 pm

Srsly how does this thread not exist.

Favourite version and why. Go.

Miki: Musical (what a surprise. i dont think anyone say that coming --- for me personally, i feel it is the best for plot/characterisation/music and the most mature of the four. I also like it because it feels more personal than the rest)
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 10:43 pm

That was difficult! ;n;

Truth is, I love the Manga and Live Action equally. The Manga because it's the original source material and I loved how everything seemed almost balance to me. Everyone got a moment to have their arc (though not so much Uranus/Neptune) but generally we got to know everyone and I loved how they mixed and everyone got the same level outfits and how they matured or how they were presented and the story was presented- I just liked it. And the focus was still strong without being overpowered by others keeping it firmly not only on the main character but the regular cast.

PGSM/Live action- I love it to bits. It's so human, so interesting in it's take on our favorite story. I liked how Mamoru's backstory was made more interesting, I loved how Ami ended up and growing in her own way. The Shitennou were endearing and understandable. I loved the twists! Princess Sailor Moon was radically interesting and awesome especially because of her personality that shows the absolute difference between Usagi and Princess Serenity. I thought that was utterly perfect in showing how their surroundings shaped them.
And I loved..
well..
everything. Heck even Sailor Luna was great (I was so sad Artemis didn't get a human form but oh ..well).

Mean, Rei, Minako were most interesting and Makoto's balance of 'Toughness' but still adorable moments.

Naru was awesome as a friend and Ikuko was wacky and Shingo was typical brother

I really liked PGSM ok? xD;
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 6:13 am

I voted for the manga, because not only is it my favorite, but because its the version I'm most familiar with. I like PGSM as well, despite not watching much of it. I liked how it brought a lot of new things to the table, it really spiced things up.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 7:12 am

I voted Manga as well because It's what got me into the serie to begin with .w. After that, I watched the anime and I'm still watching PGSM. I haven't watched enought Myus .u.
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 7:20 am

I voted for anime because that's where I've got the furthest, although I care only for classic.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 7:36 am

Oh Miki, such a surprise! Wink

The manga is my favorite, without a doubt. I think it is the most beautiful artistically, as well as in character development and honesty. I would choose the anime if Usagi were portrayed correctly and Usagi and Mamoru's relationship was handled with the same honesty as in the manga. Unfortunately, it was not. :/
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 8:19 am

well, as a BIG Mako fan and a BIG Usa/Mamo fan and a big shipper of Mako/Motoki, I think it's clear which version is my favorite, right?

PGSM ALL THE WAY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 8:57 am

Anime!! ^^ I love the anime to death even with it's faults. I'm glad to see people voted for PGSM. That's my second favorite version of Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 9:36 am

I voted for anime. For me, this is the fundamental version.

I love how Usagi is portrayed - with her encompassing purity and love, and yet she never becomes too perfect. I love that characters got fleshed out, especially the villains. I love that so many of them were redeemed and that good guys didn't kill mindlessly. The idealistic message is for me the core of the series. I also love that their everyday lives got properly covered. And I also love the mixing of humour and drama. I also love how Mamoru and Usagi's relationship is developed.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 10:35 am

I say manga because I love how Usagi and Mamorus relationship was handled along with Chibiusa's relationship with Usagi. The outers were there more, and we got to see more of Pluto and Saturn. You also have to admit the art in the manga is simply breathtaking. My second favorite version would be PGSM. The anime was how I first got into sailor moon but there's too much filler, and I also don't like how Usagi and Mamorus relationship was handled. I'm sorry but he was a shallow douche bag most of the time, and Usagi whined too much. I love her so much more in the manga.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime17th February 2013, 3:27 pm

I choose Manga as well I just love How Mamoru&Usagi's Relationship is more deep and that Chibiusa is a completely different person she gets along more with Usagi. She doesn't interfere in there relationship as much as in the Anime. Overall the Manga is the best out of the 4 Smile
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 1805429032
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:18 pm

Bump~ I'm sure there are more than 17 Sailor Moon Fans on this site
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:29 pm

Well not everybody here like Sail.... Wait a minute while I slap myself on the face.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:32 pm

You're right Mayo, I sometimes forget that not everyone here likes Sailor Moon
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:34 pm

I must say that for me it actually is SeraMyu. Like Miki said, the plot, characterization, music and all those tiny moments make Myus my favorite, as well. And the original storylines, gosh I love them. I love Naoko’s style in the manga and every version of Sailor Moon is different and special but I will say that the Myus win my vote ^^.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime23rd February 2013, 3:34 pm

.u. I know it was an useless post, but that was the first thing that crossed my mind when i read your message xD" A bit retarded considering we're a Sailor Moon forum
Back to top Go down
Flower✿Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower✿Hurricane

Star Seed

Title : A Painful Flurry Of Beautiful Petals

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 2:05 am

Definitely the manga. (◡‿◡✿) The art, the story, the characters... All of it is just magical. The anime holds a special place for me too though. It has a very innocent quality, was how I got into Sailor Moon, and even the character differences are some what endearing to me.
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-sailor-jupiter.tumblr.com
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 3:02 am

I'll say the anime for now. It was my introduction into Sailor Moon and I probably never would have heard of it had it not been for its existence and English dub. Since I've yet to read the manga all the way through, watch a single PGSM episode and only seen two musicals, my opinion is subject to change.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 10:36 am

I said the manga. I love the fast pace of it (I lose attention easily) and the realtionship between Usagi and Mamoru was beautiful, esp compared to the anime.

I also like that it is the original, which makes me feel that that is how it is supposed to be.

At the same time, from everything I have heard, I would probably love PGSM and will watch it after I graduate this May.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
LunarCharm
Pyramidal Crystal

LunarCharm

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Comrade of the Moon

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 12:27 pm

What a hard choice. Even though the anime was my first introduction to Sailor Moon, I went with the original manga. I always loved the artwork, and I thought the story flowed better in the books.

The Sailor Moon series was also one of the first manga series I started to collect. I was addicted to those books! (So much so that a few volumes were missing pages and the spines were coming undone. ^_^; )
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 12:34 pm

I don't know :/ I like watching the live action more, but I like the anime and manga because of the art. I don't know. Too hard Sad
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 3:24 pm

I'm gonna go with the Live Action version. I loved being able to really be able to see her feelings and struggles on a human face. Besides, I found her absolutely adorable! The actress who played her did an amazing job with pulling off two personalities between the previous Princess Serenity and Tsukino Usagi!
Back to top Go down
Flower✿Hurricane
Star Seed

Flower✿Hurricane

Star Seed

Title : A Painful Flurry Of Beautiful Petals

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 12:09 am

LightningCharm wrote:
The Sailor Moon series was also one of the first manga series I started to collect. I was addicted to those books! (So much so that a few volumes were missing pages and the spines were coming undone. ^_^; )

I think every hard core Sailor Moon manga reader who has the original U.S. released copies, has missing pages, and badly scarred binding. XD The production on those books had to have been done as cheaply as possible! Which is kind of sad since they were priced just like every other, well printed manga (about 8-10 dollars.) I have my old ones put up and I am reordering the new ones as they come out.
Back to top Go down
http://eternal-sailor-jupiter.tumblr.com
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 9:05 am

I'm a manga fan but I love that there are so many different versions. Unlike other series, Sailor Moon never ends which makes me very very happy!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Ares
Star Seed

Sailor Ares

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 11:44 am

My favorite version would definitely be Sera Myu, for its great characterization and music. <3
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 11:45 am

Where are my PGSM lovers? D:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 8:51 pm

Sailor Ares wrote:
My favorite version would definitely be Sera Myu, for its great characterization and music. <3

You are my new favorite person! <3

Edit: and apparently I never posted in this thread when I know I voted. xD

If you had asked me this 2 years ago, I would have said Manga.

Ask me now, its definitely the musicals! I love them to death for just about the same reasons as the other musical lovers.

However, I love each version pretty equally, so it does get hard for me to decide. I'm a libra. I can't decisions. o.o
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime12th April 2013, 6:35 am

Lust wrote:
Where are my PGSM lovers? D:

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 2570116496
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 6:59 pm

PGSM ALL THE WAY! PGSM REPRESENT!

*stands over with Lust and Mi*

Why? Because I love the development of the characters and their relationships. I feel like this version makes them feel more real and I love that. And it was just great overall. It was hilarious, sad, very very feels-y, all rolled into one. The character portrayals were wonderful and the little changes were awesome and made the original story even better. It renewed my love for the inners and gave them new perspectives and renewed my love for Sailor Moon.

Plus... REINAKO POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 3309518329 POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 2027930456
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 7:04 pm

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 1955989781 I'm pretty sure that after seeing me around for a bit you are all not to surprised to know I will have to say Sera Myu all the way because because they have Hikari, Nao, Yuhka, Sayuri, and Momoko! POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 2695440696 POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 3120693907 POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 1955989781 POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? 3150097195
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top