The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Which is Your Favourite Version?
Manga
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap43%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 34 ]
Anime
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 23 ]
Musical
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Live-Action
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 80

AuthorMessage
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th June 2016, 1:47 pm

For me, it's definitely the 90s anime. It's the version that showed me how good Sailor Moon (and anime) can be, and it's the version that I'm most familiar with (by now, I'm pretty sure I've watched all 200 episodes). Furthermore, what other fans see as filler, I never saw as filler. To me, it was just better character (and plot) development. I looooooved this depth that the 90s anime had, especially in its characters.

Then I discovered/found the manga at my local library, so I started reading it. But I didn't like its art style, which I saw as not detailed enough (oh yeah, that's another thing I loved about the 90s anime - its super-detailed art). And since I had gotten used to the plot of the 90s anime, I hated how jarringly different the plot of the manga was. Plus, I saw the manga plot as not detailed enough, so I stopped reading it upon finishing its Dark Moon/Nemesis story-arc.

Recently, I started watching PGSM, though I wasn't able to get very far into it. One of these days, I plan to watch it all the way through; once I do this, I'll find out how I think it compares to the two versions I'm familiar with.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime30th June 2016, 5:53 pm

The animes, from the 1990s originals to the Crystals recently released, and the most popular method of Sailor Moon memorabilia. The mangas are good and well-drawn, I managed to get hold of some of them.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime5th July 2016, 1:04 am

Can I pick all the versions?  I love all of Sailor Moon and to me all the versions are just more of the same characters that I love a lot of and always want to see more of.  All the versions have their strengths and weaknesses but I love them all and will rewatch them all constantly.
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th January 2017, 8:56 pm

Voted for myu! The live action was a close second, because I love love love its characterization and Kamakichi and Reinako, but for me the musicals won out because since each one is its own little story, they have so much freedom to develop the story in different directions! Also the music and the actresses are amazing, and the original plotlines!! So good! I love the 90s anime, manga, and crystal as well, but myu and PGSM... -clutches heart- they win for me!
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th January 2017, 12:26 pm

I like the anime, though I haven't seen Crystal yet. Is it worth watching on Netflix?  I hear it's not full of silly filler, so I might like it more. That was my only issue with the original anime, all that filler.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th January 2017, 9:29 pm

I don't believe it's on Netflix. It's on Hulu and Crunchyroll. And Crystal is basically the manga panel for panel animated with minor additions.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th January 2017, 6:19 am

Bubbles is right. Just on Hulu and Crunchyroll for right now. I believe Hulu will have what was released dubbed and then what wasn't is subbed and Crunchyroll will have all the episodes subbed. If you are a fan of the manga, Crystal might be your cup of tea.

Also I looked back and saw that I originally posted in this thread in 2013 and well..I don't think my opinion has really changed in over 3 years. xD My fav is definitely still the Musicals with PGSM being super close next to it. But I love the anime and manga a lot too!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2017, 10:04 am

It's difficult for me to pick a favourite. I enjoy Sailor Moon in all of the forms that it exists in. Despite my love of the live-action, the musicals, and the new Crystal anime, I probably have invested more time and energy into the 90s anime and the manga. But between those two making an actual choice for one over the other feels almost impossible. And, honestly, I love that we have options and slightly different versions! I'd hate to lose any of them. ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2017, 10:08 am

I feel the same as Mercury. I can't choose a favorite. I've always adored manga Usagi, but 90s Usagi holds the "key to my heart" so to speak. I love all of them, for different reasons. <3
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Sailor Nebula
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Nebula

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Minecraft Queen

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th February 2017, 3:54 pm

I picked the anime. The manga wasn't bad, I really liked it but I really enjoyed the anime a bit more. I've never seen the musical version and I'm not sure if I'd want to, it sounds a bit odd for something like Sailor Moon. I've seen clips of the live-action on YouTube and it was pretty comedic to watch, seemed very soap opera like. Wasn't a huge fan.
Back to top Go down
http://pixelwands.enjin.com/profile/10554846 http://acciojennifer.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/AccioJennifer
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st March 2017, 5:14 am

I chose manga. Does it have a faster pace, sure, yet somehow, it feels more developed with the characters than the anime. And I haven't seen, nor desire to see musicals or live-action.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Tiff123
Lotus Crystal

Tiff123

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st March 2017, 10:51 am

I love the manga version and the 1990s anime version.
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th March 2017, 2:30 pm

For me, my personal favorite is the live-action, all the way. I've seen all the anime seasons, and while I do like it, I don't really LOVE it either, though I do own the DVDs because I love the new English dub. I've only read a small portion of the manga, and I've seen Crystal, though it has its own flaws just like the 90s anime. Personally, I feel the live-action version is the best. It rectified a lot of problems I had with the anime and the manga and didn't hesitate in doing its own thing and doing something new with the franchise. Granted, PGSM has its own flaws, but the positives more than made up for it and what flaws it does have don't kill the show for me unlike many others that have. Also, it has the best Luna.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
horrayforpixies
Pyramidal Crystal

horrayforpixies

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime4th March 2017, 3:25 pm

I love all the incarnations for different reasons, but if I HAD to choose, it would be the manga for sure. 
I'm a sucker for Naoko's art and I generally like the way she's told the story. 

My 2nd fave would be the Myus. <3 The characterisation is great, and so are the songs and costumes.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime16th June 2018, 6:42 pm

My favorite version of Sailor Moon would have to be the Anime version and this includes both the Original 90s Sailor Moon Anime and Sailor Moon Crystal. I also like the Manga as well, but as for the Live-Action version and the musicals, I don't know what to say about them since I haven't seen them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top