The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abby
Lotus Crystal

Abby

Lotus Crystal

Title : Abby

DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? Empty
PostSubject: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime21st November 2013, 10:32 am

Let's talk about things again!!
SO Sailor Moon (any version) has a lot of positive (and negative) themes and messages it presents to the audience. Which one is your FAVOURITE, and why? What did you learn from it when watching (especially if you watched/read Sailor Moon as a child)??

DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? 3966538365
Back to top Go down
http://xosailormars.tumblr.com
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime21st November 2013, 12:47 pm

Well, after finally seeing the Japanese version of the last two episodes of the first season, I like the idea that even in the gravest, most hopeless circumstances, you have to keep fighting and moving forward to do what is right.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
RayOfHope
Pyramidal Crystal

RayOfHope

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime21st November 2013, 2:17 pm

I like the back-theme of "transition into womanhood" present everywhere in the anime, such as in it's openings and transformation moments, and in the dilemmas the senshi face that force them to dig deeper and take heart that are all part of growing up and becoming stronger, AKA the "real" transformation.

I also really like the music, it's just...
Back to top Go down
sailor_of_the_sea
Pyramidal Crystal

sailor_of_the_sea

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Michiru

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime21st November 2013, 3:37 pm

Watching it when I was younger, I loved the whole "GIRL POWER!" theme. It was nice to see women running the show and taking care of the Earth all by themselves with very little male aid.

It was also very nice to see the strong bond of friendship. I moved a lot as a kid, so I never had a lot of friends because I could never keep them. Watching friendships formed in middle school was important for me because we finally stopped moving when I was in middle school and it gave me hope for being able to have lifelong friends, even if I hadn't known them since I was 6.

Now, as an adult, I can see the flaws of the whole the Scouts ran the show without any help from any guys but it still holds dear to me. As does the concept of friendship. We may need a guy's help from time to time and there is nothing wrong with that. We can still run the world, especially if we have our friends!

(Ok, that was a total "Sailor Says" moment and I apologize...)
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime26th November 2013, 5:25 pm

^ lol i'm loving the sailor says reference. i still wonder why dic cut that out by the time the 's' series aired in toonami.

what RayofHope mentions is true. throughout the seasons we see the senshi age and mature and dig more deeper into situations that affect them shows how much they've matured and how they see the world around them.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime26th November 2013, 5:29 pm

あの。。。ラブラブです。 はい。いいですよ。
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime3rd December 2013, 7:48 pm

I love how Naoko strongly emphasizes loving others beyond reason.

Sailor Moon S & Sailor Stars Spoilers:

I guess this just really applies to me because I know that being kind to everyone, even those who take advantage of it, is often seen as really stupid, naive, and even sometimes weak. But Naoko shows us that loving others beyond reason is just a reflection of strength and good intention.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 11:52 am

Oh man, there are so many things... first thing that pops into mind is that I love the female empowerment. Women kicking butt in cute outfits with sparkles, hearts and messages of love all over the place. It's so wonderful to see femininity, which is so commonly perceived as weak and fragile, be portrayed as strong and world saving. Having been a tomboy as a child, I always felt that girly things represented weakness, so Sailor Moon really taught something extremely valuable there.
I also love the more obvious messages, to never give up, to stand up for what you believe is right, to fight with love and understanding... all that good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime12th December 2013, 3:30 pm

On top of all the "girl power" and feminist aspects to the series, I really love how at the end (mostly the manga because she isn't truly alone at the end of Stars anime), that even at your darkest, worst, most lonely times, if you keep going you will find the light again and your loved ones. But basically that Usagi had to face the most extreme loneliness to face her (then) greatest foe, but remembering the ones she loved, she could continue on. So basically the struggle/fight through loneliness to gain happiness. Also the whole facing your destiny thing, especially in the cases of Venus and Pluto.

When it comes to the Musicals, I really love that there is a mixture of themes, many similar to the anime, but there are some, like a mothers love, that is covered in more subtle ways (in Kaguya Shima Densetsu for example, Chibi-usa learns the hard way of understanding your own mother's love). Along with themes of broken/unrequited love, learning to heal that through giving love back rather than turning to hate, and so much more.

And on a small off topic note to answer this question:

sunyeons wrote:
i still wonder why dic cut that out by the time the 's' series aired in toonami.

This is due to S and SuperS being dubbed by a different company (Cloverway) as DIC was pretty mcuh defunct at that point. The company chose to stay a little bit more faithful to the original anime (keeping the music, animated opening sequences (with the American theme over it instead of the japanese) if you got the VHS tapes/DVDs, keeping the actual translation a bit truer (although obviously very roughly a lot of the time), etc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?   DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DISCUSSION: What's your favourite theme/element of Sailor Moon, and why?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top