The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Festibration Planning and Information!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Festibration Planning and Information! Empty
PostSubject: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 12:19 am

Hello guys! Glad to have you all still on board! Festibration Planning and Information! 868675979 

This is going to serve as the main thread in which people pitch what they would like to do for the December event and will have general questions, comments, and discussions held. There will be separate boards for more specific plannings, such as with the calendar, graphics, and any other ideas we concoct.

I would like to add an important note: for this event (and from here on out), I'm going to be more strict on things. I'm going to be more strict on deadlines and pushing you guys to do your part. Why? Because when I'm very lax, I get no response and things fall to the wayside, giving us a not-as-awesome-as-it-could-be event.

So this will mean we are going to implement a four-strike policy. Strikes will entail:
~ If you (specifically you) have to be pestered over and over again (let's say more than 3 times) to do your part or chime in or whatever else, that counts as a strike.

What does that mean to be "pestered"?:

~ If you are late on deadlines, that counts as a strike.
~ Vanishing without a trace, that counts as a strike

(this list can be modified if need be by Sailor Mars).

What happens when you hit all four strikes?:

I would like to remind you though that I am not a slave driver. I'm a person, I know what it's like when life comes out of nowhere and picks up speed and becomes busy or becomes busier out of nowhere. This happens to me. This is fine and totally okay and acceptable; GC does not come first. However, just please let me know. Each and every one of you will obviously be tasked with an important role to make the December celebration great. You are important to the event. If you are unable to do what you had originally planned or are going to be late for a deadline, we have to find someone else to do it and whatnot. If things happen and we have no word on it, things just start to fall apart and isn't as good as it could be. This is why letting me know is important. You will not be in trouble/punished/have a strike against you at all. The only way you'll get a strike is if you don't say anything at all and you just vanish without a trace.

I hope you all understand. I'm doing this as part of making the events even better and more organized/structured.

So without further ado, let's discuss!

What all do you guys want to do for the December Festibration? Do you have any sort of new idea that you would love to see happen for Festibration that would be fun and enjoyable? I am very open to any ideas you guys might have!
Festibration Planning and Information! 2628594703

Who's Doing The Things:

Sailor Mars ~ Secret Santa, Advent Calendar
Brit ~ Advent Calendar, NQS Winter Dress Contest and all the things
SenshiRei ~ Advent Calendar
SilenceWall ~ Holiday Bingo
Starchild ~ Graphics for Advent Calendar, Christmas Tree Game
Mi ~ Graphics for calendar, writing contest
Kyra ~ Planning snowball fight/caroling (with Marsie and Brit)
Merc ~ Coupon for graphics calendar
Tsuki ~ Festivities tradition thread
NaoUranus ~ Quote Game
Sunyeons ~ Graphics contest (with a twist!)
Verdi ~ Graphics for calendar, Design an Ornament, Otaku Contest

Things to be Claimed:
Design an Ornament
Design a Winter Ball Gown for NQS
Song Lyric Rewrite
Christmas Tree Game

Deadline is: December 10th, 2013.

Last edited by Sailor Mars on 13th November 2013, 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 12:57 am

secret santa!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 3:55 am

Will there be an Advent Calendar again this year? It's always a fun thing xD

Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 6:33 am

A recipe thread, maybe?
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 7:56 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:

yeah, last year it was so much fun!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 10:09 am

Yes, there will be the calendar thread Smile

And there will be Secret Santa. However, I am going to ask NQS how she wants that ran.

We can definitely do a recipe thread, too.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 11:30 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
As Mars said yes! This is something we've already been doing "behind the scenes" talking about (aka bugging each other over skype).

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:
A recipe thread, maybe?
Last year we had people submit recipes for the calendar. However, it might not be a bad idea just to have its own thread and get it started early in December. We had a thread last year for people to post pics of the things they made but we didn't get too much of a response.

Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime9th November 2013, 10:28 pm

Having the Advent Calendar and Secret Santa this year sounds great. Smile

This may sound like a bit odd idea but perhaps we could have a thread where people can share their winter/New Year traditions? Nothing religion related, but discussions a bit similar to the ones that 'Rei's Relaxation Thread' and 'Minako's Health and Beauty Thread' had. For example what people like to do during the winter break, when does winter start for them (symbolically) etc.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 7:55 am

don't forget to include summer as well, tsuki, since summer is about to start here
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 12:54 pm

in case if you guys do secret santa, make sure you get some extra elves on board in case if there's people that sign up that don't end up giving gifts. (i've seen it happen on other places i staffed at in the past and it's a great idea to make sure everyone gets a gift. ^ ^)
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 4:19 pm

I think what Tsuki was mostly going for was holiday traditions, which is season neutral. But yes, we can do something like that Smile

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 8:38 pm

Okay just to let you all know, I will be acting as the host of Secret Santa. So we have that.

We are also working on a little activities such as a possible snowball fight and "door to door" caroling, similar to the trick or treating event. Aside from these, Secret Santa, and the calendar, that will be it on the bigger events. We may only do caroling too; we will see.

With that being said, still pitch your ideas! And the usual activities are of course welcome; guess the song, art contest, writing contest, games, any new games (aka your ideas), etc.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 8:50 pm

Quote game?
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime10th November 2013, 9:10 pm

Of course!
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 8:57 am

Saddened that I can't seem to come up with anything. Is there any way I can help? Festibration Planning and Information! 2869872805
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 9:18 am

You could always offer to run a game? It can be something based off of a game that often goes on in the arcade section just gear it towards the holidays. For example: "Bingo ~ Holiday Edition!" or something. Or Holiday Word Assossiation game, holiday hangman, etc. If theres a game you usually like the play, feel free to offer to host a Holiday event version. ^^
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 12:39 pm

I would like to run a Holiday Bingo, although I don't know when my surgery will take place. (I find out on the 19th). If I have the surgery while bingo is going of then it shouldn't impact me from running the game for very long, if it even becomes an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 1:22 pm

Sailor Mars wrote:
Okay just to let you all know, I will be acting as the host of Secret Santa. So we have that.

We are also working on a little activities such as a possible snowball fight and "door to door" caroling, similar to the trick or treating event. Aside from these, Secret Santa, and the calendar, that will be it on the bigger events. We may only do caroling too; we will see.

With that being said, still pitch your ideas! And the usual activities are of course welcome; guess the song, art contest, writing contest, games, any new games (aka your ideas), etc.
^.~ gotcha covered on the Caroling and snow-ball fighting. I'll throw you the ideas when I get home!
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 7:22 pm

i kinda wanna do a twist with the graphics contest and assign random themes. ^ ^  sorta like throwing snowballs, but these snowballs will contain themes. (and i'm probably taking influence here from my graphic challenge board staffing background)

or i can host a normal christmas themed graphic contest. ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 7:34 pm

Feel free to do something new and fresh! We gotta change it up sometimes. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 8:06 pm

What Brit said ^^ But, do you mind elaborating a little, sunyeons? :O
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 9:56 pm

of course the overall challenge is going to be holidays/christmas/winter themed right. but in this case. the persons who want to participate post in the challenge with an 'in' post. someone then goes into the thread and then edits the post with the theme they have for the challenge:

ie: if i post in on a challenge and then someone edits the post and gives me the theme of sailor moon and then i end up making a winter themed sailor moon graphic.

sorta like that. i can link to actual challenges using this theme on the other board i staff at since challenges there are guest viewable. (in case if you wanna see how it's done)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime11th November 2013, 10:20 pm

Just going to throw out a few ideas that I've been thinking about xD

How about a "Design a Sailor Moon Ornament" kind of thing? Members could design a cute little ornament based off or inspired by any of the items in Sailor Moon. Just think! A Luna-P ornament, awwww <3

Or what about a little contest where members could design a winter ball gown for Neo-Queen Serenity, as she wants a new one to celebrate in! This could be either a doll-maker contest, or an artist contest!

I was also pondering about a winter song lyric re-write, where people could rewrite the lyrics of a popular wintery/holiday song and try to incorporate a Sailor Moon theme into it? xD

I'm basically just brainstorming at the moment Festibration Planning and Information! 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 4:55 am

remembering of a friend's christmas tree, we could have a contest in which people would have to decorate their christmas trees with sailor moon stuff.

something verdi said made me think of that
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 8:28 am

Mi -- how funny I was literally thinking about something like that the other day. Or rather, something similar. But yes, I like that.

And Verdi -- I like all of those ideas Smile let's do them!

And Sunyeons - I like it so far, but do send me a link so I can see what you mean. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 9:29 am

omg verdi i wanna do the ornament thing!  And omg yes the design a new dress for NQS in one of the doll makers on dolldivine. thatd be a great idea theres lot of awesome dolls we couldpick from. :O

I think Mars and I had bounced an idea around about making a digital xmas tree for gc where everyone makes and ornament and we put it on the tree. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 9:49 am

So could I do holiday bingo? If I'm resting in bed while the game is going on, it shouldn't be a problem to use my Ipad to manage the game.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 9:56 am

That should be fine! If you need help with bingo cards let us know. Smile
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 1:25 pm

Small Lady wrote:
That should be fine! If you need help with bingo cards let us know. Smile
What website could I easily use that I can save the individual bingo cards to my computer? Or do you make the cards yourself, I have no skills in graphics though.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime12th November 2013, 2:35 pm

I'm game for helping out with the advent calender this year :3
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Festibration Planning and Information!   Festibration Planning and Information! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Festibration Planning and Information!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top