The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PrettyGuardianVenus
Star Seed

PrettyGuardianVenus

Star Seed

Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? Empty
PostSubject: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:23 pm

In the manga/anime, it never showed scientists or the people questioning their existence.
HOWEVER, in the real world, wouldn't people freak out? I think scientists would try to capture the senshi and try to dissect them. What do you guys think?

Last edited by PrettyGuardianVenus on 2nd September 2013, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonxox.tumblr.com
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:28 pm

Well you only need to look at superhero movies I guess to see how people react. I think there'd be a few different camps; fangirls and boys that worship them, people of power who want to find out -everything- about them, and people who see them as a threat.

Bare in mind that if they were real, so too would be all the non-human villains, so the world would definitely be a very different place. I think the Senshi aren't actually known as much as you would think, even in their own universe, because they are not fighting regular crime. I know of course that Sailor Moon is famous, but some civilians didn't even seem to know who, for example, Sailor Venus was.

It's an interesting question but I have to say I'm glad they are not real (aside from the fact that if they were, our world would be under threat). I think with our society, those girls would be discovered in like 2.4 seconds and that would be the end of their 'normal' lives forever.

Also, how would you feel if the fate of the world was really in the hands of a 14 year old, academically challenged crybaby?! ^^;

Besides, I'd be mad jealous cause I'd want to be a Senshi... Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? 2869872805
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 2:23 pm

idk about the world...but I know how I'd react...
 Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? Tumblr_mo0mdmtKNr1qczbido1_500
I WANNA BE A SAILOR SCOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Insert temper tantrum here*
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 4:32 pm

SenshiRei wrote:
Well you only need to look at superhero movies I guess to see how people react. I think there'd be a few different camps; fangirls and boys that worship them, people of power who want to find out -everything- about them, and people who see them as a threat.

Bare in mind that if they were real, so too would be all the non-human villains, so the world would definitely be a very different place. I think the Senshi aren't actually known as much as you would think, even in their own universe, because they are not fighting regular crime. I know of course that Sailor Moon is famous, but some civilians didn't even seem to know who, for example, Sailor Venus was.

It's an interesting question but I have to say I'm glad they are not real (aside from the fact that if they were, our world would be under threat). I think with our society, those girls would be discovered in like 2.4 seconds and that would be the end of their 'normal' lives forever.

Also, how would you feel if the fate of the world was really in the hands of a 14 year old, academically challenged crybaby?! ^^;

Besides, I'd be mad jealous cause I'd want to be a Senshi... Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? 2869872805
You raise really good points. Although they might have been fighting regular crime. I mean most of the time monsters would be getting their attention, but if they patrolled a bit around the city, I could see them stopping anybody that caught their attention.

The question actually reminds me of an MMO I play, DC Universe Online. It's based on DC Comics, and the game's plot is about a new generation of super-powered heroes and villains rising to fight a threat, or lots of threats. And I thought how awesome it would be to really have those powers.

And then you think about what it would be to live, even for one day, in the life of those regular, ordinary citizens of this world. I mean this world has:

1. An invading robot force that is bent on digitizing the planet.

2. The demon lord Trigon trying to rise up into our dimension and bringing a demon army with him, and helped by a crazed cult. They are actively swarming parts of the city. The cult took over a hospital.

3. The Joker launching gang war with a crazy new toxin that makes people raving mad.

4. Intergalactic war between space cops and galactic terrorists. They are fighting in the streets and causing millions in damage.

5. A super-intelligent speciesist gorilla launching an invasion on Metropolis with his army of gorillas with guns and who are trying to devolve humanity.

6. The Wrath of God going on a mad rampage and summoning spirits to judge all of humanity.

7. Zombies rising up to steal your soul in two different places. One of them is a university filled with students.

And way, way more, if that picture doesn't already give you nightmares for life. That's the thing about a world where superheroes exist, ones with real superpowers, or super-technology. If superpowers, then yes, superheroes exist, but that would also mean super villains also exist. The world is more incredible, but it's also a lot more dangerous.

So I imagine the people of Earth would be frightened. And I would think that if they found out about the whole "princesses of kingdoms from ancient history", historians and archeologists would be going crazy.

And yeah, the government would show interest too. Police interaction would definitely be interesting.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 4:40 pm

Exactly; unfortunately the real world isn't as loving and accepting as anime. These girls would become SUPER celebrities - imagine regular celebrities PLUS real, legit magic powers. They'd be locked up and put through every test imaginable.

And yes, super heroes fight super villains. The world would be a horrible place if the Senshi were ever around.

Family and friends of the girls could kiss goodbye to their lives as well.

I actually think it'd be a really sad thing if the Senshi were ever awakened for real.
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 5:00 pm

Well, that's if they were discovered. The general idea would be that their Senshi suits have some sort of magical aura that distorts their image to keep them from being identified. And I guess you can just apply willing suspension of disbelief for the idea that no one ever sees them change back and forth.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime1st September 2013, 3:48 am

Then they would've been Blackmailed into letting that person do whatever they want. Remember, these guys want to keep their family safe and such. If someone less than honorable found out after seeing them transform,  they would still be in a very bad position. 

Considering the times, (Back then and even now) it would be hard pressed for them to even find all the  evidence.  (If, considering the witness, figures out whenever something weird happens, they need to take a picture or something when they see the senshi transform.)

Either way, good thing they aren't real, otherwise not only will -their- lives suck, ours would too.

I imagine the independent nations would rather get a hold of the senshi themselves than to ever allow them to 'rule' anything whatsoever.

Imagine baby Hotaru in -anyone's- hands.

Poor girl would suffer a lot more.

I bet, if there was such a thing, they would soon realize that most of the ones becoming Sailor Senshi are girls- so they would start testing all the little girls on every contient to see if they would be one of the ones. 

(thinks Mamoru might be the only safe one if he played his cards straight.)
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime1st September 2013, 4:48 pm

It'd be breaking news on pretty much any media outlet out there, they'd be loved and adored by the people and any military with sense would want to try to work with them to defend against the threats the Senshi would obviously be fighting against. Some would have darker intentions and we'd ask ourselves if they can be trusted, but if they existed and were saving people on a regular basis I don't think the general public would hate them as much as comic book universes always depict it. I can really only speak for my own country, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime1st September 2013, 6:23 pm

^That depends on the comic universe. The DC Comics universe is generally more trusting and idealistic about superheroes, more welcoming. The Marvel Comics universe on the other hand... is not very trusting.

But yeah, the media would be going crazy. I mean their existence would mean the existence of monsters and magic. And with how celebrity crazy the media can be, in Japan and out of Japan, can you imagine the reaction on that front. Even if there was some sort of magic that made their faces a distorted blur, the rest of them might be visible. I just have this image in my head of TV reporters critiquing their uniforms...
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime1st September 2013, 6:52 pm

Prettyguardianvenus, this is such an awesome theory/debate idea. xD However would you mind changing your thread title to say "Theory" or "Debate" (depends on what you think it is. Razz) in front of it as per the rules of this section? Posted here if you need to reference them: http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t39-coc-and-rules

Thank you!!

Also I'm seriously in agreement with Ms. Chilly here. xD

Chillygodzilly wrote:
idk about the world...but I know how I'd react...
 Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? Tumblr_mo0mdmtKNr1qczbido1_500
I WANNA BE A SAILOR SCOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Insert temper tantrum here*
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime1st September 2013, 7:09 pm

^Dear Princess Morbucks, We have received your request to join the Sailor Scouts. If you wish to be one, please fill out this brief questionnaire.

1) Are you the reincarnation of the princess of an ancient galactic kingdom, or direct a relation thereof? 

2) Do you have the ability to wield the magic of one of the ancient planetary crystals?

If you answer yes to the first question, you must be able to provide proper identification. There will be a thorough investigation, headed by Ms. Luna B. Cat, Mr. Artemis T. Feline, professional royalty spotters, and Ms. Setsuna Meioh, our resident historian, aka time-watcher, aka the closest thing we've got to a historian so give us a break. They will contact you shortly after receiving your reply. Please be sure to leave your contact information.

If you answered no to these questions: to put it quite simply...ACCESS DENIED! And if you have tried to falsify evidence, be aware that our well trained legal team will retaliate with the force and power of a Viking raid, and will take everything, including the shirt on your back. 

And if that fails, Ms. Meioh can dig up a great deal of dirt on you. 

Thank you

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist after the second time. XD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?    Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate - How would the world react if Sailor Moon was real?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top