The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Tutorial] Rounded Border

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

[Tutorial] Rounded Border Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime8th August 2013, 12:14 pm

Hello everyone! This Tutorial was made on Photoshop CS6, so the steps may very for other people. Today I shall teach you how to make an image with a rounded border. Here is a sample below.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTutFinished_zps8e5bc9c2

STEP ONE
Below here is just the basic set up of an image for a signature on the GC. Make sure your Layer says Layer # and not Background!
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut1_zpsc7e8b11b

STEP TWO
Right click the Shape Tool and make sure that it's on Rounded Rectangle Tool. As stated before, remember to have the image on a Layer # and not on a Background.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut2_zps73060d72

STEP THREE
Before doing anything, make sure the Fill and Stroke is selected as nothing. Simply just click the Image and it something should Pop Up saying Create Rounded Rectangle Tool. Make sure to put the Width & Length at the EXACT size of the image. Keep the Center Box since it just simply makes it easier.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut3_zps5ae5003a

STEP FOUR
A Rounded Rectangle Layer should no appear. Simply move the layer properly in the center of the image so it all aligns correctly.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut4_zps6fe57648

STEP FIVE
Make sure to now click on the Rounded Rectangle Tool again. Right click on the image and there will be an option to 'Make Selection.' Click on that. When you see what's below in the image, just simply click on OK.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut5_zpsf60093dd

STEP SIX
And now a Marquee should be circling around the image.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut6_zps0fc575f1

STEP SEVEN
Make sure you click on the Layer and not the Rounded Rectangle. If you don't do that, it won't work. Now click the Marquee Tool. Right Click on the image and click 'Select Inverse.' What's below is what you should be seeing.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut7_zps3286390b

STEP EIGHT
Now simply click 'Backspace/Delete' on your Keyboard. Now click File > Save As then name your image. Make sure to put it as a PNG file or everything you just did will not work! After That, you're done! Congratulations on your new image with a Rounded Border.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedBorderTut8_zpsfc53a46f

----------------------------------------------------------

MULTIPLE LAYERS INTO A BORDERED IMAGE

If your graphic has multiple layers, the instructions above WILL NOT WORK. Luckily for you, there's a solution to that. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND saving your image as a PSD file before doing the steps below.

Here is an example of a rounded image that contained multiple layers.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedLayerTutFinal_zpscf4a01da

STEP ONE
As you can see the image below, there are multiple layers to the image. Now, right click on a layer of your image. Press 'Flatten Image.'
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedLayerTut1_zpsa3cad3da

STEP TWO
After clicking on Flatten Image, what you see below should be the result of that. Having it on a Background Layer will not work. Right click on the Background Layer and select 'Layer From Background.' A window should pop up and simply just press okay on it.
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedLayerTut3_zps0b5b0761

STEP THREE
Your Layers should now look like this. When it looks like this, follow the original Tutorial above and work those same steps!
[Tutorial] Rounded Border RoundedLayerTut3_zps0b5b0761

You can do this with any of the Shape Tools. When using the Custom Shape Tool, make sure to go back to the regular shape tools just so you can have the option to click 'Make Selection.'
[Tutorial] Rounded Border ShapeFun_zps862a21cd
[Tutorial] Rounded Border ShapeFun3_zps016e04c8
[Tutorial] Rounded Border ShapeFun2_zpsfa25e5a6

#ag #agtutorial
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime8th August 2013, 12:56 pm

Ooh Lust this'll be great! I can't wait to try it out!!!
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Aztnara
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Bad Wolf

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime8th August 2013, 5:59 pm

That's nice!!! 
This is actually easier of what I used to do [Tutorial] Rounded Border 3884866259 Thanks for the tutorial [Tutorial] Rounded Border 868675979
Back to top Go down
http://koijustice.tumblr.com http://sayuri-chiba.deviantart.com
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 6:05 pm

i wonder if round corners can work in gimp..?
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 6:25 pm

On CS3, it was a lot less work to make the Rounded Border. Maybe the way for CS3 will be the same for GIMP.

- Make sure all the layers are a single layer. (If it's on Background it won't work.)

-Click The Rounded Rectangle Tool and click the image. Make the size the same as the image.

- Right click and press Make Selection.

- Go to the Marquee Tool, Right click the image, Press Inverse, then Press Backspace/Delete.

There you go.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime9th August 2013, 7:05 pm

I can only find the shapes for cutting out the images.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime25th August 2013, 10:45 pm

Sad  All of the images are gone from this tutorial.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime25th August 2013, 10:51 pm

Would take too long to re-upload them. Sometime next month the pictures will work again. :]
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime25th August 2013, 11:23 pm

It's all good.  Your instructions were good enough I didn't need the pictures!  THANKS!
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime26th August 2013, 1:05 am

Glad my instructions were still good enough. I tried to make it as simple as possible. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Rounded Border   [Tutorial] Rounded Border I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Rounded Border

View previous topic View next topic Back to top