The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Professor and the TARDIS Rise of the Machines opening

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

The Professor and the TARDIS Rise of the Machines opening Empty
PostSubject: The Professor and the TARDIS Rise of the Machines opening   The Professor and the TARDIS Rise of the Machines opening I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 8:20 am

Posting this for the same reasons I posted this only click this for context.

The Professor looked through one of the binoculars at the TARDIS console, meanwhile Tori walked around the controls, occasionally looking towards the view screen which continued to display the Time Vortex as they moved forward through time.

“What's that?” asked Tori, pointing to the moving column.

“The time rotor,” answered The Professor while never looking away from her binoculars. “It's connected to the engines.”

“What are these symbols?” asked Tori, now pointing to the control panels.

“Gallifreyan.”

“What do they say?”

“Helm, navigation, diagnostics, communications, fabrication and mechanical. They're labels, nothing more.”

“Sounds an awful lot like a spaceship.”

“It's not.”

“What are you looking at?”

“The Time Vortex.”

“Ooh, can I see?”

The Professor finally looked up from the binoculars and covered them with her hand while looking at Tori.

“Not if you want to live.”

“There's no need to threaten me.”

“Not a threat – warning. If you looked into the Time Vortex your head would explode.”

“Because of my primitive mind?” asked Tori sarcastically.

“That can be a contributing factor. But few species can look into the Time Vortex like a Time Lady can.”

The Professor looked back into the binoculars.

“But I'm looking at it right now,” said Tori, looking at the viewing screen.

“Hardly the same thing,” replied The Professor, “that's filtered. Imagine seeing the sun in the sky on your television. It isn't going to blind you in the matter the actual sun would.”

“What do you see when you look into the vortex?”

The Professor pulled away from the binoculars to look at Tori once more.

“Everything, anything. The past, present and future. Infinite possibilities, what was, what is, what can be, what could be. The raw power of time itself from the bang to the end.”

“To the end?” questioned Tori, “time has an end?”

“Everything has an end, Ms. Jacobs. Even the stars can't burn forever.”

The lights of the time rotor moved up and down, until they stopped altogether prior to the sound of the TARDIS landing thus bringing an end to the current conversation.

“We're here,” said The Professor.

“And where is here exactly?” asked Tori.

“You'll see.”

The Professor headed over to a ladder where the door usually is and proceeded to climb it.

“A ladder?” asked Tori.

“I'll assume you know how to use a ladder,” said The Professor questionably.

“Yes I know how to use a ladder. I just wasn't expecting it.”

“You'll get a lot of that,” called down The Professor from the top of the ladder.

Tori climbed up the ladder, slowly just to be on the safe side, reaching the top to find that the outside of the TARDIS was now a black submarine. Standing on a dock next to it on her right was The Professor and several crewmen moving back and forth behind her. To her left was a row of docks, each one occupying a different submarine for transport. Before them was a large and beautiful white room with different paths, leading to different rooms of function. Armed guards in black high-tech military gear accompanied by matching drones with a red beam across the spot on its face where human eyes would be. Behind each row of submarine was a barrier that allowed them passage through and kept out the water from outside the base which one could see plain as day from the various windows inside. 

“Welcome to the Twenty-Third century!” exclaimed The Professor.

Rise of the Machines

Author Notes: Taken from the opening of the Rise of the Machines episode that I never got around to finishing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova

The Professor and the TARDIS Rise of the Machines opening

View previous topic View next topic Back to top