The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] The Super S Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

[SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 2:16 pm

B-chan, nothing disappoints me more than the ending of the Stars. My gosh. Surprisingly, the ending of the SuperS did not bother me as much, but that was probably because by that point I was so sick of the SuperS. Razz The art in that last episode was beautiful though and I think Sailor Moon was gorgeous in her bravery and maturity.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 5:46 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
B-chan, nothing disappoints me more than the ending of the Stars. My gosh.

Why? Because it tried to wrap up about half a season's worth of tension in about two episodes? If so, I feel your pain. The fight between Galaxia and Sailor Moon was elaborated upon in the manga; the anime quickly moved through it and arrived at the reconciliation scene. I'm a bit on the fence since I enjoy villains who can repent, but the manga provided for more intensity. It was pretty much a zero-sum game in the anime (either Galaxia or Sailor Moon wins); in the manga, however, Sailor Moon had to make something of a Sophie's choice.

I do prefer the Stars anime concentrating more on developing the Animamates and such. That is one of my main hold ups.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 6:51 pm

SuperS had the most well thought ending any season I think. First season was too short. R was a little better. S... the last two episodes were a bit odd and shouldn't have existed. Stars was the worst of all.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Nemesis
Star Seed

Sailor Nemesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2012, 1:37 am

My theory about Super, SuperS, and Stars is that Toei used the equivalent of the cliffsnotes for Naoko Takeuchi stories.

SM Super I will say is the closest to it's source material. With story elements and characters changed to provide filler, add drama, and extend the season to fill some 25 episodes. What stands out to me is the depiction of the Outer Senshi and how they constantly come into conflict with SM and the Inners. Toei went overboard with making them confrontational, and put way to much hot air in their egos. The manga had them explain to Serenity early why they couldn't work together and that it was for Usagi's own protection they she not try to fight the Death Busters.

SM SuperS changes the entire dynamic with the focus on beautiful dreams, Pegasus and Chibiusa. The nature of the season is kid friend, while the manga has Mamoru and Usagi coughing up black blood and dying as well as other things. The Outers are missing in this season. It also forgoes Mamoru's development and changes the nature of the Golden Crystal. The sinister nature of Nehellenia, the curse she placed on the Silver Millennium, and her mirroring Queen Serenity is also absent. Nehellenia is shown to be more wicked in the first episodes of Stars, but I think they went overboard on changing her character from the 2 seasons.

SM Stars: I've said alot about Stars on my own thread you can read here (http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t792-sailor-stars-2nd-play-through). Being brief though, I feel Toei thought their interpretation of Stars would be just as good as NT's story. Stars changes alot of the material, plot and characters. By the final episode it doesn't acknowledge the depth of the last arc as righteously as they could have.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th February 2012, 6:10 pm

Sailor Nemesis wrote:
SM SuperS changes the entire dynamic with the focus on beautiful dreams, Pegasus and Chibiusa. The nature of the season is kid friend, while the manga has Mamoru and Usagi coughing up black blood and dying as well as other things. The Outers are missing in this season. It also forgoes Mamoru's development and changes the nature of the Golden Crystal. The sinister nature of Nehellenia, the curse she placed on the Silver Millennium, and her mirroring Queen Serenity is also absent. Nehellenia is shown to be more wicked in the first episodes of Stars, but I think they went overboard on changing her character from the 2 seasons.

This is completely how I feel. The SuperS manga was so dark. Aside from the fact that it was not completely centered on Chibi Usa, which I have vehemently ranted about, it has such a twisted and sinister feel to it. Nehelenia's character was more mysterious and terryfing what with all of her complexities and unknown origins. She alluded to so many secrets of the Silver Millennuim that she often left us fans bewildered about what really happened before Princess Serenity was even born. Also, Usagi and Mamoru's relationship and the intensity of their bond was completely lost in the anime when only Mamoru got sick. In the manga both of them were literally coughing up blood, as you said, and it such a traumatic thing to witness as a reader.

And last but certainly not least is Mamoru finally reaching the pinnicle of his character development, ascending to be worthy of standing by Sailor Moon's side with his own Golden Crystal. How could they change that in the anime?? Were they mad?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Nemesis
Star Seed

Sailor Nemesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th February 2012, 9:18 am

Cliffnotes deary.

I think they read that Princess Lady Serenity is the one who gave Helios the directive to find the Golden crystal. Along with Chibiusa and Helios' relationship in the manga, is what the creative team of the anime wanted to emphasize. Making Chibiusa the main character of the SuperS anime was a mistake i think, and i believe this is where I stopped watching back when SM was on Toonami. Now I'm not against a Chibiusa centered show, but they could do it righteously. The Amazoness quartet being revealed to be Chibiusa's future guardians, blew my mind when I first read it. Going back and watching the end of SuperS they omitted that as well.

The creative team of the anime never truly did Mamoru justice throughout the 200 episodes of the anime. So them glossing over him in the season wasn't a big surprise. While I appreciate them focusing on the girls throughout the series' run, but Mamoru is important to the story. He's reduced to a figurehead most of the time. I felt so proud when Mamoru and Usagi stood side by side with their crystals and scepters surrounded by the other senshi. Usagi was amazingly brave in this arc. Sticking by Mamoru and helping him unlock his crystal. Which she says is why she always felt power coming from him and helping her fight on in a physicalsense, along with the emotional sense.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:10 pm

Here is what I did not like from the season.

Lack of Consistency:

-ChibiUsa's friend Momo for instance. In the first two seasons she is introduced with brown hair. All of sudden she now has purple hair. In the second season, ChibiUsa says that Momo is her best friend and then two seasons later, she's just a friend. (that friendship died even worse in S)

-This might just be the dubbed versions I have that are incorrect, but in the second and third season, Usagi is called ChibiUsa's older cousin which makes a lot of sense. Now, in SuperS, she is called her older sister. What happened there?

Their Power:

-Completely and literally, Super Sailor Moon was utterly useless in this season. Just tragically useless. Why do I say that? Without Pegasus' power, she couldn't attack the enemy. That doesn't make any sense. Usagi couldn't rely on her own power because it all came from Pegasus/Helios.

Usagi's Personality:

-Within the first three seasons, it seemed as though Usagi was really really maturing. In the second season, I thought she matured incredibly within it. In the first season, she didn't want to fight ever. In the second season, she wanted to fight to protect everyone more than ever. She still showed a lot of that within the third season. Now, in SuperS, she became just as immature as ChibiUsa was. It didn't make any sense.

ChibiUsa Overall:

-I personally can't stand the character at all. She is just utterly rude and nasty for no justifiable reason. I despised how all the other characters ALWAYS defended her because she was a child. They excused her behavior when it was unjustifiable for her actions to even be done. Also, she should never ever been made as much of a main character as they made her. I'm glad they booted her out in the fifth season, but despised that Mamoru had to go as well for most of it.

Here is what I liked from the season.

The Villains Overall:
-I loved every single villain in this season. The Amazon Trio were completely amusing to watch, yet still brutal when it came down to it. They had some nice diversity between them and previous villains before. I loved when they got their dream mirrors at the end and became good guys. I only wish they would have shown more of them at the end when Helios' crystal forest was brought back to life.

-The Amazon Quartette were so interesting and amusing to watch as well. I loved how they learned a lesson about themselves and life at the very end. I only wish they became Sailor Senshi like they did in the Manga.

-Queen Nehelenia is my absolute without a doubt favorite villain of all time. Completely and utterly my favorite. I found her to be absolutely beautiful, her voice makes me just happy to hear, and she was really scary as hell. Throwing kids off high places, eating dream mirrors of her own servants to be beautiful, and her complete show of confidence was overwhelming. She's the only villain to ever come back to the animated series and even her problems became helped. This is the only season of Sailor Moon where all of the villains became good and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:13 am

I agree of all the anime main Villains, Nehellenia was developed the best. Beryl's anime portrayal lived up to nothing like the anime, pgsm or myu. No one cares about Wiseman or Pharaoh 90. Galaxia's the only candidate but she didn't actually get that much personality in the anime unfortunately.

Nehellenia was so well done! She's probably the only villain in the anime who bests her manga or myu equivalents... though in the myu she was like on for 5 minutes and just sounded dehydrated and confused.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:34 am

A lot of the villains were just like, "Oh hi, I'm a douchebag villain for no reason or my logic doesn't make a lot of sense." At least with the Black Moon clan, there was back story to it, but not enough for enough of the villains since there were so many. With Nehelenia, since she was the very main villain, it showed all of her past, why she felt the way she did, and even got a resolution in the anime. Definitely the most developed within the time she even had.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 1:40 pm

After rewatching this season (skipped S because wouldn't let my littler girl watch it) I decided I wanted to revise my opinion a little bit on SuperS. I still agree in my opinion that SuperS was defintely not one of my favorite seasons. While I am not a Chibiusa Hater, I must admit that the writers/director really shoved her in the viewer's faces during the duration of the season to the point where you were really getting sick of her.

I also completely agree that this was the worse manifestation of Usagi to date. We just came from a season where Sailor Moon matured so much as a person to where she is willing to sacrifice herself to protect another soldier. It felt as if that was just tossed aside because Usagi could not outshine Chibiusa in the season.

In my opinion though, this does have one of my favorite climaxes throughout the series. The scene where Usagi says the line "I still pity you" (I know its the English line but I actually like this line rather that the original) and jumps off to save Chibiusa. Chills litterally encased my body as I watched that scene and my stomach twisted and turn as the world's longest buildings passed them by as Usagi was still trying to wake Chibiusa up so that they wouldn't die. It was as if we got back Usagi from the previous seasons who had matured from the battles of the past!

I would say that SuperS, as a season itself was definietly not one of anime's strongest seasons but it definitely had an ending that claimed all (even my beloved S season which made me cry). I just wished the duration of the season could have lived up to what the ending was for SuperS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2012, 1:57 pm

Paprika, I loved all the points you made. When I was watching it annoyed me how childish Usagi was acting. I understand that creators wanted to make a lighthearted season. After watching S you need one! However, they could have mixed in darker elements later in the series. By then the viewer would have gotten a nice break from darkness from S. It is possible to have both.

Even though SuperS isn't favorite (it isn't my least ) I loved the villains. I think the Dead Moon Circus is the best villain group in Sailor Moon. In my opinion Nehelenia had the best motive and I love how the anime gave her a second chance.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 4:46 pm

~Shocking Revelation~

I like SuperS more than S

*realises she's about to be beaten*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 5:58 pm

Hahah! Oh Miki! I think I like SuperS a bit more than S myself. However, its hard for me to pick one over the other with those two seasons.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 6:44 pm

My rant is no outers = it sucks!
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 6:47 pm

You know most people say Super S wasn't good because the Outers weren't in it. I would have liked them to be there too, but the way that season was handle I just can't image the Outers getting into silly situation with the monsters of day.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 6:59 pm

Anjyu wrote:
My rant is no outers = it sucks!

While I agree that it sucks there is no outers, it certainly isn't really a good basis to entirely hate on the season...
Back to top Go down
Chronos Typhoon
Lotus Crystal

Chronos Typhoon

Lotus Crystal

Title : Official Sailor Pluto/Setsuna Meiou of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2012, 9:35 am

I really like the villans & their back stories. I really like Chibiusa/Helios, actually I adore it. But I have to agree that the season was repetitive. I remember watching it as a young child & the Dead Moon Circus scared me (I was 6 or 7 at the time).
The Outers should have stayed around. It is legit my least favorite season, but I think it has some good points too.

-Villans are awesome.
-Great musical scores! Rashiku Ikimasho has to be one of my favorite songs of the series.
-Chibiusa/Helios
Back to top Go down
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/chronostyphoon http://kawaiisailorlifee.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/missaidanatrocity92
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2012, 9:43 am

The only reason I didn't like this season as much as the others is because it's mostly Moon and Chibi Moon. The Inners weren't that much in it either and the Outer *tch* weren't in it at all.

On the other side, It had much prettier colors, a good story and awesome screen quality.
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th May 2012, 6:10 pm

I love the season purely based on the villains of the season. I loved every single villain from that season, but I despised that the Outer Sailor Senshi disappeared from it entirely. I find that disappointing and the fact that they are not very much in the season after as well.
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th May 2012, 9:55 pm

Uh oh. Is it bad that I didn't care that the Outers weren't in SuperS? I mean they had their season, and the focus was supposed to be on Chibiusa.

Now I was pretty annoyed that they didn't get as much screentime in Stars because I just assumed that they would appear more.

Plus, I mean they did get a special, which I love by the way, and I just think that SuperS was a great opportunity that the original characters could connect without being tossed to the wayside like they were in Stars.

Shout out to the people that hate the Stars ending! It is the most disappointing part of the anime in my opinion. Nothing can top that.
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th May 2012, 1:21 pm

The Outers could have appeared in SuperS, but the season didn't have to be about them like S. Like the manga they could have come in at the end. Although it would be nice if they came back a little sooner so Chibausa and Hotaru could have spend more time together seeing how that didn't happen in Stars. -_-
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th May 2012, 6:11 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
The Outers could have appeared in SuperS, but the season didn't have to be about them like S. Like the manga they could have come in at the end. Although it would be nice if they came back a little sooner so Chibausa and Hotaru could have spend more time together seeing how that didn't happen in Stars. -_-

The latter part of the anime was seriusly lacking Chibiusa x Hotaru friendship funess. :/

And yes, I totally do not really at all like the ending of the anime. Every version of sailor moon needs to end with a wedding and WE DID NOT GET ONE. >(

Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th May 2012, 8:25 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

The latter part of the anime was seriusly lacking Chibiusa x Hotaru friendship funess. :/

And yes, I totally do not really at all like the ending of the anime. Every version of sailor moon needs to end with a wedding and WE DID NOT GET ONE. >(

This is the one thing I despise more than anything in the anime.

NO WEDDING OF ANY KIND = NOT A SATISFACTORY ENDING
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th May 2012, 8:39 pm

Miki wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

There should have been a wedding. It was rough coping with the fact that there wasn't one. Plus Stars didn't even feel like a final season. It felt like a new series.

I think 1-4 has the best transitions, ESPECIALLY from 3 to 4.
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st May 2012, 12:19 pm

Is it bad that I didn't mind that the wedding wasn't in the anime? Razz
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2012, 10:50 am

Miki wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
Yamichan16 wrote:

Hehe, I never thought about that. I guess because the anime was never so Usagi/Mamoru centered as the manga was. In the manga, it could not have ended WITHOUT a wedding. It just -- it was leading up to it from their first meeting in Act 1. ^^

The anime - not so much so. At least we got the bridge scene. I think that ended the series beautifully. Actually, what brings me to tears is not that final scene or even the kiss, but when Usagi starts to say the same words she ended Season 1 with, during her death against Metalia. When the Stars ends with her little monologue, I weep every time.

We digress completely from the original topic but I don't care. XD

Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2012, 2:28 pm

I know this is still off topic, but I agree with Jupiter. I liked how at the end of Stars Usgai said that little monologue. I thought it fit the anime very well.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2012, 3:26 pm

but that monologue could have still been in place with a wedding... think of the the exact same scene except mamoru and usagi are in their wedding outfits...
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2012, 3:26 pm

Anyway back to the topic:

I like SuperS, but I don't see any real problem with it that doesn't exist through the rest of the series personally.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd June 2012, 3:29 pm

But they really took away the maturity that Usagi gain from the last 3 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] The Super S Season   [SPOILER] The Super S Season - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] The Super S Season

View previous topic View next topic Back to top