The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

13th Writing Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Pick Your Favorite Entry!
Entry #1
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Entry #2
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Entry #3
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Entry #4
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Entry #5
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Entry #6
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

13th Writing Contest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:51 am

Voting will last until July 10. The theme was "Remember When..." Enjoy reading the entries!

Entry #1
She felt her knees losing their strength at the very moment her shocked eyes witnessed her friends jumping in front of her, shielding their leader from the fatal attack their enemy had aimed straight at her. For a minute her eyes were almost blinded from the light that the energy blast had released when hitting the four sailor soldiers but when the light faded, all seemed pitch black like there was not a single source of light in the space. She could not move her body and unable to do anything she could only watch the scene in horror.

Tears began to run down her cheeks from her wide open eyes as she shook her head in disbelief, her mind repeating the passed minutes without giving her any mercy even for the tiniest moment. Each time the view felt more painful, as hard as it was to think how the scene could possibly hurt Usagi even more, and the moon princess found herself shaking from terror. She felt herself so fragile and already blamed herself for not reacting earlier even though they all knew that she did not have enough time to respond to the actions of her friends in any way. When she finally could look around she saw her four best friends lying on the ground seriously injured, their breaths sounding heavy and slow like they did not have the power to breathe at all anymore.

Rei had fallen closest to her as she had been protecting Usagi while the others had called upon their planet powers and the raven haired girl was now wincing in pain. Usagi forced herself move forward closer to her friends despite her legs did not carry her weight. "Why... why did you do this?! You knew what would happen, that you would die and yet still you four protected me..." the princess cried in her mind but the only words her lips could form between the sobs and mental pain were "Why everyone, why?!" Usagi reached out her hands to touch all her friends and to keep their hands together using her own shaking body that was near to lose all its strength.

The blonde tightened her grip, holding her friends tightly like they were to leave her at any moment. Rei gave her a weak smile delivered with teary eyes. "Usagi, why are you crying?" she tried to sound cheerful but her voice was too faint to make up an illusion of her condition. Usagi didn't want to give her thoughts physical words in the fear that it would make the situation real even though she knew that what she saw now was not a nightmare but cruel reality. "I don't want any of you to die...!" she managed to sob after trying to form the words for few times. She had seen her friends gone many times and would never want to repeat those events. She had the feeling that this time was different from the previous ones, different from their past lives, from their first battle or from the war against Galaxia. Somehow she felt that her friends would not come back this time.

Rei seemed to struggle against the pain when she replied to Usagi. "Do you remember when we first met? We were all alone... until you came." she paused her words coughing up a small amount of blood, her gasps slowing down rapidly. Unable to continue Rei gave Minako a look that told her, the Inners' leader, to finish what she was not able to say. "We swore to protect you until the very end... no matter what would happen to us. And that vow will not cease till we disappear". All four girls gave Usagi their most loving smiles though they could not stop the pain and grief running deeper down into their hearts. "The time we have spent together with you has been the best of our lives" Ami and Makoto said, supporting each other's weak words so that their Princess would hear them. Slowly Usagi moved closer to her friends, her knees staying on the ground. She took Ami and Makoto's hands in her left one while her right hand held Rei and Minako's. Usagi heard Ami's faint voice and turned her head around to look the blue haired girl in the eyes. "We treasured our vow to protect you for you are the one who had saved us."

"You must live for us, Usagi" Rei smiled to Usagi before her grip of her princess' hand got weaker. Slowly, one by one, they closed their eyes for the last time, the smiles on their faces fading together with their strength. "No! Everyone, speak to me, please! Just let me know... that you all are still here...that you will stay here" she cried out, sobbing between every word, her eyes turning red from the tears.

There would never be a time like the past anymore. Usagi could still vividly remember when the five of them had been studying together or the days they were on the battle field, ready to fight off any possible threat. The had spent so much time together, loving and fighting for their planet and for each other. She knew that those days would not come back since this was the final goodbye. Her friends did not smile anymore nor were they able to hold her hand. Their always so warm hands were now cold in her hold but she was able to hear their final words that echoed in the air. "We will always be with you, no matter what" But now, despite she was sitting surrounded by her best friends, she was alone. And all that could be heard was her heart-rending cry.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:52 am

Entry #2
Mother's Day

Cherry blossoms flew through the air as the wind overtook them, carrying them across the graveyard and onto a young girl's raven hair. She sat on her knees in front of a tombstone of someone whom she truly loved. Life was cruel, for in front of Raye Hino sat her mother's grave.

Raye placed a bouquet of Casablanca lilies in front of the stone, before wrapping her sweater tighter to her chest, in an attempt to protect herself from the cold. She felt fragile and ill as the words, "Happy Mother's Day." slipped from her lips.

When was the last time she had actually spent a mother's day with her mother? The thought left a metallic taste in her mouth.

Nonetheless, a memory seeped into her mind, reminding her of a painful past and the constant reminder that she and her mother were never good enough. They were never important enough, and that was why she died. That was why her mother grew ill and lost the will to survive. It was all his fault.

She shut her eyes tight as the memory resurfaced itself.

Raye ran down the hall, following the large paintings which lead to her to her current destination in the large mansion. Raye was excited, for she was covered in a puffy, red dress and wore a large ribbon in her hair. She felt like a princess as she raced to her mother and father's room, anxious to bring her mother roses she had carefully picked from the garden.

Outside the door the small child paused, for the ribbon she had tied to hold the flowers together had undone. She kneeled down to pick up a fallen rose and retighten her bouquet when she heard a crash from her mother's room. A small sob escaped her mother's lips, leading Raye to rush in, worried as can be.

"Mama?" Raye asked, seeing the family phone on the floor in front of her mother's feet. She looked up to see her mother's mascara smudged as tears flowed freely from her eyes. "Mama, what's wrong?"

Mrs. Hino pulled some tissues from a kleenex box on her vanity, and started to dab at her eyes, ignoring her daughter momentarily in an attempt to make the tears go away. Her daughter shouldn't see her mother like this. Seeing her efforts were useless when she couldn't stop crying, the woman sat on her bed instead. She welcomed her child into her arms. At least she had her little girl with her.

Raye pulled herself up into her mother's lap, touching the soft, yellow, silk fabric that tightly covered her Mother's figure. Tonight they were going to dinner with her father to celebrate six years of her mama being a mother. She noted how her mother had overdressed for the restaurant, having added a large topaz necklace surrounded by diamonds on her neck. Her mother's dark hair was pulled up into a tight bun with leftover hair tendrils flowing down on the sides. She was breathtaking. Her mother was everything Raye dreamed of being someday.

"Do you remember when you told me that it okay to let your guard down, Mama? I was always putting up the defensive and avoiding making friends. You told me it was okay to let your guard down...especially for love."

The woman held her child close to her chest, leaving Raye to wonder why her mother seemed so broken, why her spirits were so wilted. Raye was listening to her mother's heartbeat, so slow and even, when her mother finally opened her lips to speak. "Your father isn't going with us to dinner tonight."

Raye pulled her head up to look into her mother's eyes. She didn't understand why her mom was so upset. "Mama, why are you crying? Daddy always cancels on us."

Raye didn't know that the words a child spoke could be the last straw. That saying the obvious could eventually break a woman, especially one as fragile as her mother. Her mother squeezed Raye tight to her chest again as another sob erupted from her throat. In a low, defeated whisper, the sad woman said, "I know."

"But in the end, letting your guard down led you here, Mama. Loving my father made you die of heartbreak." The words Raye spoke were bitter. She felt sick thinking of her father, the man who had stolen away her only loving parent. The man who made her feel like a nuisance from the day she was born.

Water began to sprinkle from the clouds above Raye as she let her fingers draw her mother's name in the stone. Her heart ached as she thought of the tragic ending of her family.

From the distance, she heard a young man run towards her with a large purple umbrella.

"Raye!" He yelled, his shaggy brown hair waving in front of his face. "It's raining! I don't want you to ge- oomph!"

She smiled guiltily as she chuckled at Chad's misfortune of slipping in wet grass. He was so funny and caring in the ways that he tried to take care of her. She was the wallflower with walls built up around her, showing nothing but stubbornness when he tried, and yet, he never gives up.

Raye turned back to her mother's grave, wondering what she would think of the wanna be rock star. "There is someone new in my life mama, but I'm scared. What if now he is sweet and loving, but then he ends up like my father as we get older?"

Raye wipes a tear off her cheek, running her finger over the tombstone before saying, "Do you remember when you were here to give me advice, Mama?"

She stands with watery eyes, her fists clenched at her sides before whispering, " I do."

Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:53 am

Entry #3
“D’you remember when we got married?” Usagi asked with a dreamy smile, collapsing contentedly onto their bed. With the sound of cufflinks hitting a dresser she pulled a fluffy pink pillow from the top of their mattress and used it to prop herself up comfortably, watching Mamoru’s reflection as he undressed. She smiled, studying the casual concentration of his features as he adroitly worked the tiny buttons on his sleeves, his blue eyes narrowed at the golden adornments before sliding up to meet her gaze in the mirror, and her smile was returned in kind. Of course he remembered, but she wanted more out of him. “Wasn’t it beautiful?” she sighed, rolling onto her back and staring dreamily up at the canopy above her head.

“It was,” he affectionately replied, unbuttoning his lavender jacket as he turned towards her. “And you were the most beautiful part,” he added truthfully, and then, curiously, “Are you thinking of anything in particular?”

Her grin grew delightedly and she giggled, throwing her hands up above her as though she could reach out and grab the memory right from the air. “Just everything! The flowers, the weather, the church, and everyone, everyone was just so happy!”

He appeared between her outstretched arms, a warm smile on his face as he bent down, supporting himself with arms placed on either side of her, and kissed her forehead. She folded her arms around his neck before he could leave. “Of course they were happy,” he mused, staying within her loose embrace, “They love you, and on that day it was nearly impossible to be anything but happy with you around.” He leaned down further, resting his forehead against hers. “The staff were even talking about it,” he teased.

She giggled, “Really?”

“’Have you met the bride?’” he mimicked, “’She’s so happy even I can’t stop smiling!’” He kissed her lips lightly as a sign that he wanted to be let up, and she obliged, her hands moving from his neck to lightly caress his arms as he stood straight, moving out of her sight again. Her arms fell to the comforter lazily.

Thinking back on that day, the morning, the preparation, she shyly admitted, “I was really nervous, too.”

Nervous?” Mamoru repeated with some degree of astonishment, immediately reappearing beside the bed with his tie untied and a mischievous grin on his face, “Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Moon, was nervous about marrying me?” She grinned, and he was back down with her, supporting himself with one fist as his other hand illustrated his speech, “Monsters? No sweat. Aliens? Not a problem. But that Chiba Mamoru, now he’s scary.”

She giggled and reached up to run her fingers around his collar, flipping up the stiffened neck of the shirt so she could easily pull his tie free. Holding the strip of purple fabric in one hand, she worked to unbutton the top two buttons of his shirt as she replied, “Well, what if you had decided at the last minute that you didn’t want to marry me?”

He scoffed with a smile, “Not a chance.”

Pursing her lips playfully she pushed him away and he bounded back up. She propped herself up on her elbows and threw his wadded-up tie at him. “Yeah,” she mumbled, “I bet you were the picture of total confidence.”

“I was scared stiff,” he replied, and she laughed at his straightforward response.

“No way!”

He smiled self-depreciatingly and expounded, “I was. Standing up there before the ceremony began, just waiting, I couldn’t have been more nervous. Every time that back door twitched I expected someone to come in and say that you had changed your mind. When Minako entered before the flower girl, I swear my heart stopped. The way she looked at me, her expression filled with such pity – did she tell you about this?” he paused his narrative in response to Usagi’s surprised laughter.

“No!” she replied, still giggling, “What did she do?”

He put his hands on his hip as he filled her in, “She opened the door really slowly, eyes downcast, and then slowly looked up and caught my eye and I swear it was the most consolatory look I’ve ever seen on anyone.” He paused for her laughter to subside before continuing, “She then crept down the aisle, biting her lip and looking guilty – I couldn’t even breathe as she passed the first pew and took a step towards me. But then she winked and turned to your brother to get your great-grandmother’s pin from him and waltzed back up the aisle like nothing had happened.”

Usagi laughed until her stomach ached, “When she came back she looked so pleased! I didn’t hear what was going on but I saw her and Haruka bump fists and Ami looked like she was lecturing her for something!”

“Well, now you know,” Mamoru commented dryly, which only caused her to laugh more. “I was still nervous,” he added when she had finished, approaching the bed with his deep blue eyes focused solely on her, “right up until you walked through those doors.” He smiled so fondly at her that she found herself blushing, her heart thumping loudly in her chest. “But then my heart stopped for something else entirely. You were so beautiful, so bright and full of light that I could scarcely believe that I was who you choose to marry.”

“Mamo-chan,” she murmured dreamily, sitting up and leaning forward for a kiss. He obliged.

“And now you’re stuck with me for forever,” he added, sneaking words and smiles around kisses.

Mamo-chan!” she admonished, and threaded her hands through his hair to keep him close, unwilling to let him escape just yet.

He paused for only a moment more, “Happy Anniversary, Usako. I love you.”
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:53 am

Entry #4
May 15th.

Why had Asanuma chosen this date for their wedding?

Of all the days in the world, he chose the one filled with painful memories.

May 15.

The day her parents got married.

Documented in a series of photos across their bedroom shelves.

First, teenage versions of her parents, both tall, her mother's brown curls bobbing with excitement.

Sometimes Mako would look at the picture and mistake it for herself. Other times she wondered if she would ever become that beautiful and ladylike.

Next, the wedding.

Her parents had chosen to have a more Western style wedding, as both of her parents were half-European.

They look like royalty to Mako, her father in a dapper-looking tuxedo, her mother in a white gown covered with pearls.

They walk down the aisle, surrounded by friends and family.

As if they'd never be alone.

I feel like I'm disrespecting my parents memory... holding my own wedding on the anniversary of theirs...

Makoto looked into the mirror. A splitting image of her mother looked back at her.

"You look so pretty!" Usagi said in a bright voice. "Everyone will love you!"

"Let's hope Usagi doesn't trip over anything while walking down the aisle with you" a voice said. Was it Rei or Haruka or someone else? Makoto wasn't sure.

She was lost in a sea of past May 15ths

May 15

Her parents' anniversary.

Was it their 3rd, 5th or 21st?

Mako wasn't sure of the exact number.

She did remember their plans. Cycling in the mountains, visiting ancient temples, enjoying tea. Something informal and calm.

Mako would be staying with her aunt and uncle who lived nearby.

She remembered begging her mom and dad to let her come with them. She was a big girl now, she said, and she would be very good.

If only she had known...

"Are you okay, Mako-chan?" Ami said out of nowhere.

"What-um... yes, of course I'm fine! It's just nerves" Matoko said, with a false laugh to disguise her sadness.

"The ceremony is starting in 5 minutes" someone outside the door said. "Are you ready yet?" The voice popped his head inside the room and was revealed to be Motoki in a white tuxedo.

"Of course we are!" a chorus of voices said from inside the dressing room.

Mako's mind was elsewhere as her fellow senshi, Naru, and Unazuki left.

May 15.

The day she learned that he wasn't in love with her.

Both Mako and her best friend were in love with a handsome upperclassman at their school.

While they both knew that the chance of him noticing them was almost zero, Mako began to send him little cakes and onigiri.

She hoped he would notice all of the effort she put into her food.

So it came as a shock when he though her best friend been sending him gifts.

He thought that such a tall and athletic girl couldn't also be ladylike

It was almost as if she intimidated him

Usagi walked back into the room.

"I forgot that I would walk you down the aisle since your parents...." Her hand flew to her mouth "I'm sorry Mako-chan, I know you don't want to talk about sad things on the day of your wedding" she said quickly.

"It's okay..."

The orchestra began playing.

Pairs of bridesmaids began walking into the rose garden towards the beautifully decorated alter.

Rows of chairs were filled with guests.

A plane flew by.

May 15.

The day her parents died.

First her wondering why her parents weren't home. Next, turning on the TV to watch the news

"We regret to inform you that flight #48457 has crashed...."

She doesn't remember much of that day.

It's a giant blur of sadness to her.

What she does recall is crying and hugging her aunt and uncle.

The funeral is held in a church next to a rose garden.

A place her mother would've loved.

Matoko is stuck to the ground, paralyzed with fear. The orchestra grinds to a sudden halt.

After their death, she starts saving people.

Young children from bullies.

Adults from incoming cars.

It's a way to stop feeling guilty.

"Mako-chan?" Usagi says sweetly "We needing start walking towards the altar"

May 15.

The day she got kicked out of school.

According to the principal, she beat three people up for no reason.

According to Mako, she saved a kid from bullies.

But all of the evidence is against her.

After all, who would take the word of a 14 year old girl who is rumored to be in a gang over authority?

Why does everything bad have to happen on May 15?

Everyone is staring at Makoto.

"Mako? Mako? Mako?!" Usagi exclaims, hoping to get her to move.

Her first day at Juuban high.

Mako expects this day to go like every other day.

Except it didn't. Thanks to Usagi Tsukino.

One, she saved her from getting hit by a car.

Two, Usagi wasn't afraid of her like everyone else.

Three, she became Sailor Jupiter.

Mako had been wondering why she felt attracted to Azabu-Juuban.

At first she thought it was her duties as Sailor Jupiter.

But it wasn't that.

It was Usagi Tsukino

The person who changed her life

Makoto breaks free of her memories and grabs Usagi's hand

The two of them stroll down the aisle.

Let the wedding begin.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:54 am

Entry #5
It had been years since she had seen the one person to take her heart. She had left her heart with the bubbly blond she had met when she had been on her mission. She knew she should move on after all her blond had loved someone else someone that wasn't her. So why did she feel her heart break a little more every time she thought of the blond she had left behind. Images and words floated around in her mind memories from years earlier words she had spoke in the rain. “Am I not good enough?” she had never been given an answer she knew nothing of what the other girl thought of her. She would have been happy just standing at her window all night just thinking about the past but she heard a door open behind her.

She turned her long ponytail flying around as she did. She couldn't help but smile at two of her closest friends her best friends. “Hey what are you up to?” the shorter of the two asked. “you didn't show up at dinner so we got worried.” the taller of the two said as an explanation of the question she knew was coming. “just thinking.” she said quietly. “About what?” the shorter asked again. “earth.” was her simple answer though the other two knew better. She was thinking of more than earth but the shorter shrugged walking up. “remember that time at the lake when we decided to scare the girls.” she was asked. Despite herself she laughed at her shorter companion. “and than I fell on Odango after the door hit me.” she said with a laugh. “those were some good times.” the taller said joining her two companions. She smiled twirling the end of her long ponytail around her finger her thoughts going back to the earth that was to far away for her to see.

'Odango do you remember that day?' she thought. Her mind wandered back to the day she could remember it so clearly. Had the others not come out and started giving her a hard time she would have kissed the blond but they had all ruined the moment for her. She smiled sadly it had been her idea to scare the girls she had even come up with the story. It had also been her idea to borrow the monster suit from the set. What she hadn't been expecting was the phage that had been set loose that very day. Siren had been pretty sneaky on that she had beaten them to the camp grounds. And than when they had shown up to fight Sailor Moon and Sailor Mars had already been fighting it. 'Odango I can still hear your laugh and how you said that the earth was doomed when we had told you about our movie.' she though yet again. “Seiya you still with us.” she heard the voice to her left. “Yes I was just thinking about that day. How Odango and Mars had taken care of the phage or when Chibi Chibi opened the door and knocked me on top of her.” The black haired starlight said with a smile. 'hey Odango do you remember when because I know I do.' she thought a soft smile playing on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 10:55 am

Entry #6
It had been two years since Galaxia attacked Earth, six months since Ikuko Tsukino had gotten a part-time job, and five months since Luna had started visiting the Artemis on a daily basis to escape the quietness of the Tsukino household.
This particular day started like any other; Luna snuck in while Mrs. Aino was out shopping, and the two cats talked. But today Artemis was quieter than usual.

“Is something wrong, Artemis?” Luna asked, flicking her tail.
Artemis looked at Luna. “Do you remember when we first met?”
What a strange question, Luna thought. “Of course. Sailor Venus rescued the Senshi from Kunzite’s trap.” Her eyes narrowed. “Unless you count talking over the Game Machine.”
“O-Of course that doesn't count,” Artemis said nervously, eager to change the subject. “But that’s not what I meant. I meant… back on Mau.”
“Mau?”

Luna and Artemis were ancient, amnesiatic cats. They recalled little of their lives advising Queen Serenity, and even less of their lives before. After discussing Tin Nyanko and the other Animamates, they recalled that they were both born on a distant planetary body called Mau, but little else.
So Luna should have been excited when Artemis recalled an important memory of their past. But, as much as she hated to admit it, she wasn’t. Artemis had a better memory than Luna- he recalled events that she didn’t remember, and that she might not ever remember. And as of the last year, he’d been remembering more and more; Luna’s memory hadn’t improved a bit.
Luna fell silent. She wouldn’t encourage Artemis to continue, but she wouldn’t prevent him from sharing such an important memory, either.
After a moment, Artemis continued. “Mau wasn’t a planet.”
“It wasn’t?” Luna asked, surprised.
“No. It was a moon, like our moon.”

Ah, Luna recalled something--an image of a throne room, different from Serenity’s. Luna bowed before a beautiful woman-- if Luna closed her eyes, would she recall the woman’s face?

“Sailor Mau… The Sailor Mau of that time period, anyway,” Artemis paused. “Sailor Mau wasn’t a powerful Senshi. After all, she represented a tiny moon, right? No one expected anything from Sailor Mau… She loved the story of Queen Serenity, using the power of a single satellite to control an entire Solar System.”

“Now that you are a member of my court, I shall rechristen you. Your new name shall be Luna.” Had that woman said something like that to Luna? Luna recalled disliking being given such a nontraditional name… such an alien name.

“Then Queen Serenity reached out to make alliances. Mau jumped at the opportunity. She agreed without asking the rest of the High Council, if I recall correctly.” Artemis chuckled. “I remember being furious.”
“I imagine I would have been furious, too,” Luna said absentmindedly, staring out the window as a bird flew by.
Artemis fell silent. They sat silent for a few moments. Downstairs, the front door opened, and Minako’s mother entered the house, singing loudly and off-key. As long as she continued singing, they could talk without fear of being heard.
“Do you remember how Sailor Mau sent two ambassadors to Serenity’s court? You and I. Both named after Queen Serenity’s moon.”

Luna recalled something…
She recalled sitting silently before Queen Serenity and next to Sailor Mau. She refused to smile, but tried her best not to glare.
“Artemis is a little absent-minded,” said the woman next to Luna, and Luna could not, for the life of her, recall what the voice sounded like. Young? Old? High-pitched and lilting? Deep and rich? “Please forgive him for being late.”
“It’s understandable,” said Queen Serenity. Luna recalled her voice perfectly; she could almost hear Serenity’s voice now. “It’s important to say goodbye to your friends and family before leaving for such a long time.”
Luna hadn’t stopped to say goodbye…
A man ran in. He wore a white outfit and carried three luggage bags. Luna frowned; his clothes were horrifically dated and his manners lacking. This would be her companion for the next twenty years? What was Mau thinking?
“Please forgive me for my lateness, High Councilor!” the tacky man panted.
Sailor Mau said something Luna could not recall. She was too distracted by Artemis’s movements; he was looking around frantically, checking his luggage twice, staring at Queen Serenity, scratching his forehead where a newly-created crescent moon spot lay… Was he unaware that the Leader of the High Council was talking to him?
He caught Luna’s eye; Luna glared the glare she’d been suppressing all day, and he stuck out his tongue. Like a child. Queen Serenity laughed; how embarrassing…

“You stuck your tongue out!” Luna gasped. “In front of the Queen and High Councilor!”
“Y-You remember that?” Artemis asked.
“Yes, I remember that!”
“W-Well… I don’t! I don’t recall doing anything like that,” Artemis lied.
Luna shook her head in disbelief. “Why on Earth did Mau choose you?”
“I-I wasn’t the one glaring at Queen Serenity the whole time!” Artemis snapped.

Minako’s mother stopped singing. Luna and Artemis fell silent; Luna ducked under Minako’s bed as Mrs. Aino opened the door. “Artemis…” Minako’s mother shook her head. “Hmph. For a second, I thought I saw that other cat. Stop letting that other cat in the house.” Minako’s mother stuck out her tongue, and Artemis resisted the urge to return the gesture.
Luna snuck out of the house after that point, saying goodbye to Artemis. She left unusually merry. She’d remembered more in the last day than she had in the last two years. Perhaps, someday, she’d gain all her memories of Mau and the Moon Kingdom back; maybe, someday, she’d even remember what Sailor Mau’s voice sounded like.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:06 am

Oops I thought I had already sent in my entry I made it weeks ago, that's weird. Oh well, I've still got it so no biggies.

Gosh these are all wonderful, this is a hard decision, I'm going to need a bit to decide^^
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:16 am

Let me look for any missing entries.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:20 am

I see what happened. The missing entry was sent to my e-mail rather than my PM box.

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 1st June 2013, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:25 am

13th Writing Contest - Page 2 3978041997 How do I choose? These are all so amazing! 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:41 am

Oh no I with draw from the contest lol I posted a different version on Fictionpress after it was missing.

Can you please remove it? It's not an anonymous entry anymore and I'd rather be anonymous lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 11:47 am

Voted!
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 12:00 pm

voted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 1:30 pm

I voted!

But they were all amazing! 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1955989781 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1394610236 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1984953407 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 2628594703
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 2:20 pm

Finally chose^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st June 2013, 4:59 pm

This is so hard… they were all good
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd June 2013, 2:44 pm

Don't forget to vote for your favorite entry! There are still several days until voting ends, so anything could change with enough votes.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd June 2013, 3:22 pm

OH I voted just forgot to say anything
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th June 2013, 6:14 am

Phew! I couldn't read anything before the wedding and it's hard to post in a car ^^'

BUT YAY HOORAY! Very Happy Great contest entries! ~♥️ ^.~ I voted for my favorite~
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th June 2013, 8:56 pm

so many good ones.. voted
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th June 2013, 7:04 am

Voted!
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th June 2013, 6:56 pm

I juggled the entries for almost ten full minutes, debating which one to vote for. Wonderful job to all of the entrants. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th June 2013, 6:34 pm

Two more days to voooote!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 8:12 am

Entry #1 - Sailor Neptune
Entry #2 - natashasurgirl
Entry #3 - Sailor Uranus
Entry #4 - mercury_viola_rhapsody
Entry #5 - Ari-chan
Entry #6 - zodiacrain

Wow, this was a fabulous contest! I'm pleased to see we had so many wonderful and talented entries.

The winner of the 13th writing contest is Sailor Uranus! Your winning signature should be posted in a few days.

Tuxedo Mistress will be your host for the 14th writing contest while I am on LOA. She's fabulous, so you have no worries. ^.^ She'll announce the 14th writing contest on the 15th of this month (Saturday). All entries will be PMed to her, not to me.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 8:46 am

Yay! 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 3884866259 Thanks everyone!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:07 am

Grats, Uranus! You earned it for sure!!!! 13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1394610236
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:10 am

i loved your entry, Uranus! so good! =D

congratulations!
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:28 am

Congratulations! Every single entry in this round was worth the words in gold, and thank you for sharing. <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:34 am

Congratulations!
13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2013, 9:39 am

13th Writing Contest - Page 2 1286073631 Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th Writing Contest   13th Writing Contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13th Writing Contest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top