The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Critique Request] Original fiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

[Critique Request] Original fiction Empty
PostSubject: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime24th April 2013, 3:47 pm

I have no idea where this came from or where it's going. It just showed up in the warehouse a while back and I decided to write it down. So you know the general, any horrible grammar or spelling errors? Any thoughts on the flow? Do you want to read more? And the all important what do you think it's about? thanks Guys!!! [Critique Request] Original fiction 2422052349

She wasn’t ordinary. She never was. It was as if certain presets had been in place so that certain events happened to her no matter what she did.  Each of her many lives had been like this, she knew. She could see them all. She wasn’t ordinary. She was special. Every time she was born into life she had to do certain things.  Without fail these things happened even if she willed them not to, they happened with a force that only a destiny like hers could create.  Meeting him was one of those things. She always meet him, and always when she was the same age and always in the rain.

This life she wouldn’t go out in the rain of her 27th year. Now she was done fulfilling her roles, performing her duty. This life would be hers. But then she never imagined the knock on her door.

She had often wondered if he had lived and died as many times and she had over the many millennia of her reincarnated lives cycle, but she never asked. Just as if he did he never asked her.

He would always be there, like a rock in her many lives, but he would leave her life just a fast as he entered it. She never got to know any of the names he went by, but there he was standing sopping wet at her door.

“No no no!” she said. “You can’t be here.” Her voice filled with pain. “Not, now . Not again.”

He didn’t smile, he only hung his head. “I’m sorry.” He said “I didn’t want to come, but your draw me so.” His voice full of pain.

“What?” She asked. Could it be that like her, he wasn’t ordinary?

“I’ve lived so many times and each time, you’re there and each time I can’t stay away.” He looked up at her. “I can’t fight it anymore.” He said stepping closer to her.

“Get out. Go away. You are not welcome here.” She said taking a step back but not giving up her position in the door.

“I want to leave..” He started.

“Then leave.” She stated.

“But I can’t.” he finished.

When would the cycle break? When would they be free? She didn’t know . She pushed him out of her door and quickly closed and locked it after. “No not this time!” She yelled sinking to the floor. “I won’t let you seal me into another life ever again!” She screamed into the door.

She was never ordinary. She was something special. Something lost to all creation. A mother and a friend to life. She was the Creator and she was Chaos. Her name was Kai.

He banged on the door. “You can’t avoid this.” He said. His voice muffled by the door. “This has to happen. It always has.”

She sat there, shaking her head. “No. No. No.” She repeated over and over. “Go away. Go away.” She wasn’t going to let this happen, not again.

She was tired. She’d lived to many lives. She wanted to rest, but she didn’t know if not being sealed into  the next life would grant her the rest she wanted more than air. She was ready for this vicious cycles to be over. To long had she remembered loves long gone or children well back grown. She was ready to find out about what came after. She didn’t care if it tore the worlds apart, she wouldn’t be sealed again.

The rain poured outside, the windows, tracing and drawing patterns along the glass.  He had stopped banging on the door but he hadn’t left. He sat with his back to her door. Gods he knew he didn’t want to do this every life time, but he had a little choice as she did. Did she ever stop to think that every life he sealed her into, he sealed himself too? If she lived so did he, but unlike her, his life as never ending. He was timeless.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime3rd May 2013, 7:06 am

She always meet him, and always when she was the same age and always in the rain.

I would double-check your tenses on this. If you want future tense, then maybe "She would always meet him..." would be best.

She had often wondered if he had lived and died as many times and she had over the many millennia of her reincarnated lives cycle, but she never asked.

The second "and" would make more sense as an "as"

“No no no!” she said. “You can’t be here.” Her voice filled with pain. “Not, now . Not again.”

You'll need some commas between the first two "no"s. Double-check your spacing and comma usage toward the end.

There's some more grammatical and punctuation stuff that needs correcting. I like the idea you have created here and the relationship between the two characters. It seems to have been placed within a scene that best allows for the back story to come forth without unnecessary elaboration to detract from the scene itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 11:25 am

Thanks Venus! this grew when i wasn't looking and now there's more. I still have no idea where this is going or what's really going on. I'll have to have my sister look over it again for gammer and spelling errors. For a former english major I suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime13th July 2013, 1:37 am

I found this story to be very interesting and engaging. I loved reading what looks like a potential romance between these two characters and would like to learn more about why they are thrust into this situation again and again. I find myself wanting to know why this relationship fails every lifetime. 

The only thing that I would suggest is that you go through and combine sentences, perhaps adding more details with adjectives and verbs to describe how the characters are feeling. Your dialogue is strong. I believe that with some editing the descriptions will be too!

Beautiful tragic romance you have going on here! Please update!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:28 pm

I want to but the characters stopped talking to me a while ago. I hope they start again soon!! thanks Natasha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 12:35 pm

The characters in Mama Chaos' head, please start talking to her again! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Critique Request] Original fiction   [Critique Request] Original fiction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Critique Request] Original fiction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top