The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Pokemon Discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Pokemon Discussion! Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 6:42 pm

Pokemon?

Pokemon.

Discuss
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 6:45 pm

Some starting topics, feel free to think up more to discuss

I really wonder why there's never been a Dark Gym, I can see why there was none in 5th, but it could have been in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. What do you guys think?

Also what do you think is more important: plot or gameplay!?

I actually love the formula of the games, I don't get why people get bored of it. There's so much to expand on....

Does the game need a new type?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 6:53 pm

Hmm I wish there was a Dark Type gym. I don't see why not there are plenty dark types and they give you another reason to train fighting pokemon. At least in gen 5 we got a dark type elite four. In BW2 we finally had a poison type gym so maybe we will get a dark type gym in gen 6.

I think the gameplay is the most important. I'm usually a plot person when it comes to video games, but with pokemon I will always play it regardless of the plot. XD Besides we really didn't get a plot driven game until gen 5. Before that it was like be the pokemon master and oh yeah! Stop these bad guys because they're in your way. In gen 5 you can had a reason to get involved because you had to decide what's important. A world with harmony between pokemon and humans or a world without a pokemon.

I never get tired of pokemon. XD I will always play it because it's a fun RPG I can get into. I'm a not big fan of RPG games. I love the new pokemon! It makes the world seem grand exciting.

Yes the game needs a new type! It would be awesome to make a type that normal pokemon are strong against. They're the only type where their moves aren't super effective.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 7:08 pm

@Yami: We had a Poison type Gym Leader in 1st Gen. xD

I'd like them to mix up the ordering of gym leader types. Have a fighting type near the end, dragon/ice near the front, and as you said we haven't had a dark type.

For me, they should have in order: Grass, Ice, Water, Electricity, Dragon, Ground, Poison, Fire.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 7:15 pm

Oh crap I forgot about gym one. XD Haha it;s been a long time since I played those games. >.>
Back to top Go down
Augusta Nekochan
Lotus Crystal

Augusta Nekochan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 7:17 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Yes the game needs a new type! It would be awesome to make a type that normal pokemon are strong against. They're the only type where their moves aren't super effective.

I agree with you completely. Normal types are usually my favorite (I tend to go for cute over powerful), but they are massively underpowered.
Back to top Go down
http://chocolate-maiden.tumblr.com/ http://augustanekochan.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 11:29 am

No you know what I noticed the other day everything like major names, items, and pokemon names are spelled in Capital letters. It bothers me now. When people mentions names it sounds like they're yelling at you.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 11:31 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
No you know what I noticed the other day everything like major names, items, and pokemon names are spelled in Capital letters. It bothers me now. When people mentions names it sounds like they're yelling at you.

You mean like "PIKACHU wants to battle"? I thought they decided to only capitalize the first letter now of these pronouns, not all of them?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 11:33 am

Like in Ruby I noticed the names of people, town names, pokemon names, and items are all spelled in capital letters.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 2:39 pm

SO I am watching a let's play of a hack called Ash Gray. It's a hack that has you play as Ash and you follow the events of the anime. It starts out with Ash getting Pikachu and we all know that he got Pikachu because all the starters were taken.

It got me thinking how the professors deal with the demand of kid's getting their first pokemon.So at the age of 10 you go to the professor and get your first pokemon.

My questions:
How many times do the professors deal with giving kids their first pokemon. Everyday it's someone's birthday so do kids come to the lab each day? Or is there a day in each month where if you turn 10 before this date you can come get your pokemon?
What if you live in a far away town? Do you travel to see the professor or do you go to a pokemon center and the professor transfer your pokemon there.
Do they keep stock of the starters?

Has anyone ever thought about this before? I mean this thinking deeply into a kids game and show, but it makes you wonder doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:05 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
SO I am watching a let's play of a hack called Ash Gray. It's a hack that has you play as Ash and you follow the events of the anime. It starts out with Ash getting Pikachu and we all know that he got Pikachu because all the starters were taken.

It got me thinking how the professors deal with the demand of kid's getting their first pokemon.So at the age of 10 you go to the professor and get your first pokemon.

My questions:
How many times do the professors deal with giving kids their first pokemon. Everyday it's someone's birthday so do kids come to the lab each day? Or is there a day in each month where if you turn 10 before this date you can come get your pokemon?
What if you live in a far away town? Do you travel to see the professor or do you go to a pokemon center and the professor transfer your pokemon there.
Do they keep stock of the starters?

Has anyone ever thought about this before? I mean this thinking deeply into a kids game and show, but it makes you wonder doesn't it?

In the anime there were various trainers in the Pokemon League's that didn't use the starter pokemon. As an example, say you were in Johto and resided in Olivine Town. Instead of having to travel all the way to New Bark you might as well start out with a family pokemon or buy some poke balls and catch a wild pokemon. There might be too large a demand for the three starter pokemon to suffice as everyone's first pokemon.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:07 pm

See that has to be it! I mean they make it sound like everyone has to go see a professor.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 7:10 pm

I know that the Johto generation is considered to be the unofficial best series, but I never believed that. Johto itself was okay, although the levels up to the Elite Four were the lowest in any pokemon game. Kanto on the other hand was just bland with numerous areas blocked off or significantly reduced in content. The under-leveled overworld trainers became tedious very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 7:12 pm

To me Johto is the best because I like traveling back to kanto, but yeah the under level trainers are annoying. In my soul sliver I have yet to beat Red because I have no place to train my pokemon to level 80.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime24th July 2013, 7:44 am

I only ever played the first three gens. Red/Blue, Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire. Yellow was my first game and the one I played the most before getting Red/Blue. I was already a fan of the anime up to that point so Yellow allowed me to feel like I was actually in the show. I enjoyed Gold/Silver immensely as well. Didn't play much of Ruby/Sapphire.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 5:44 am

What is everyone's favourite type of pokemon?

For me it has to be the Dark type. It doesn't rely on brute force, although some dark types have amazing attack stats. The moves themselves (Sucker Punch, Taunt, Foul Play, Knock Off, etc) require strategy and can be very fun. Most dark types actually appear to be evil and heinous (Darkrai, Hydregion, Houndoom, etc).
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 8:32 am

I really like Normal type Pokemon, mostly because I really adore the character designs for them. I love the really cutesy ones! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neith
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Neith

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 9:29 am

Ghost types are my favorite. It mostly started with Haunter being my favorite pokemon as a kid (and it still is <3), and my love for the type grew with each generation from there.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th August 2013, 9:49 pm

guess who just got Pokemon White for her birthday *is ignoring the fact it's a day early*
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime18th August 2013, 2:41 pm

NaoUranus wrote:
guess who just got Pokemon White for her birthday *is ignoring the fact it's a day early*
Comgratulations. Be sure to post your team once you beat the main game!

EDIT: In preparation of X/Y, I've re-beaten Pearl and Black 2 so I've decided to try to beat Heart Gold again. Here are the pokemon I'm interested in using so I can keep track of who I want on my team. I'll also post my preferred move-sets at Lv40 since that's what the Pokemon League there starts at.

Feraligtar (Water) - Surf, Waterfall, Ice Fang, Crunch
Fearow (Normal/Flying) - Aerial Ace, Fly, Assurance, U-Turn
Ampharos (Electric) - Discharge, Charge, Strength, Rock Smash
Forretress (Bug/Steel) - Take Down, Explosion, Bug Bite, Payback
Heracross (Bug/Fighting) - Close Combat, Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Rock Tomb
Miltank (Normal) - Strength, Milk Drink, Rollout, Zen Headbutt 
Magmar (Fire) - Lava Plume, Confuse Ray, Faint Attack, Fire Punch
Tentacruel (Water/Poison) - Surf, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Supersonic
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime21st November 2013, 7:30 am

Okay my replay of Heart Gold didn't get completed since I eventually got bored of replaying Johto. However, I wanted to bump this thread to discuss a likely remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald (We all know it will eventually happen, knowing Nintendo). A 3DS version of the remake would make more sense than a DS one since HeartGold/SoulSilver was on the DS. Assuming the old Pokedex of 200 was still used, here's what I would want in a team for a remake.

Swampert (Water/Ground) -- Original starter the first time I played R/S/E.
Ludicolo (Water/Grass) -- Very underrated pokemon and would love to use one in a playthrough.
Roserade (Grass/Poison) -- I imagine that the evolution of Roselia would be in the game.
Skarmory (Steel/Flying) -- Shouldn't use Crobat since I've used him alot recently.
Tentacruel (Water/Poison) -- Haven't used him very often and I should.
Claydol (Ground/Psychic) -- Same as Tentacruel.

Now in case anyone's wondering why I would want three water types, most of us should remember that R/S/E had the Surf/Dive/Waterfall hm's. Also Swampert, Ludicolo and Tentacruel don't share any weaknesses due to their unique duel-typings. Roserade is there in case Wallace is the champion. If Steven is the champion, then my ground, water and steel type attacks will do very well against his team.
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime2nd December 2013, 8:28 pm

didn't heart gold/soul silver had the national pokedex which included hoenn and sinnoh pokemon as well?

/andnotingtheobiviousnoobnessihaven'tplayedpokemonsincefirered -sobs-
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime3rd December 2013, 4:41 am

sunyeons wrote:
didn't heart gold/soul silver had the national pokedex which included hoenn and sinnoh pokemon as well?

/andnotingtheobiviousnoobnessihaven'tplayedpokemonsincefirered -sobs-
You only got that after you beat the Elite Four I believe. However, there may have been a few hoenn/sinnoh evolutions of Johto/Kanto pokemon you could get before then, such as Ambipom.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime26th January 2014, 10:24 am

The pokemon bank is finally back out in Japan. I hope this means the other regions are getting it soon because the trail period goes until Feb 21st.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime29th January 2014, 11:24 am

Found an online fan-made simulator for the pokemon trading card game. The creator is adding the cards starting from the original ones and is on the Hoenn sets now. I haven't played the pokemon tcg since elementary school, but I was interested in playing it online as nostalgia. I'm Dark Pulse on there, so I was interested if anyone here was interested in registering and playing against me.

http://tcgone.net/
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime4th February 2014, 8:46 pm

the IV and EV thing on pokemon x and y confuse me s:
i'm building a competitive team for online battles and possibly competitions if i'm lucky.
would having a near perfect IV set for each pokemon would be good or what do you guys think about it?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime5th February 2014, 6:35 am

Well I know super training makes it easier for EV training. You look at you pokemon stats and see which two stats you should train the most (The red and blue stats). Then before the bar fills up pick a random stats you want to train. Does that makes sense?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime5th February 2014, 12:57 pm

Yo Western members!! We can all use the pokebank now!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime6th February 2014, 8:38 pm

im waiting till i get my hands on a copy of black2/white2 to use pokemon bank. in the meantime i have it already installed on my 3ds 8D
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th February 2014, 11:09 am

Is this a good thread to ask for friendcodes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Discussion!   Pokemon Discussion! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top