The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 4:03 pm

What did you like, what did you not like? Favourite episodes? Least favourite episodes? STUFF ABOUT S GOES HERE:

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 190603310  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3309518329  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2027930456  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 335194840  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3098893119  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1569843278  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2570116496  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4265269158  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4006961010  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 314519714  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4271128786
[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1942491882 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2676185830  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3141037967  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2503753863  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3273467791  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4141172393

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! S10

Rei throughout the season, though I disagree with her, I think she should have been open about it. I did like her struggle to try to work things out on her own.

Usagi started to open her world a little bit more, in the first two series she had always been doing typical teen things but in S with the introduction of Haruka and Michiru she started to be put in more adult, and because its Usagi, hilarious, situations

Hotaru and Chibiusa! That little arc was adorable

Heart motif in the first half and butterfly motif in the second half is adorable.

Introduction of the Outer Soldiers! Of course!

Mimet, I do like Kaolinite and Eudial well enough but honestly they're not that strong as characters because they are a little too competent. They show up do their work and go home. It's something we hadn't seen consistently in Sailor Moon before (a few times with Eilu and An). The Shitennou were all overly aggressive and always had to cause a scene. Berthier did things differently but doing check-ups rather than sticking around, the other three sisters were directly involved with their missions and Esmeraude never left without a little rage-rant at the girls. Mimet however, because she was such a coward was hilarious to see running away.

The monsters of the day started to become more interesting, gaining more personality.

Certain episodes: 95, 97, 100, 105, 108, 109, 114, 116, 117, 118, 122 especially.

Vilyui was a brilliant villain even if it was a one time thing.

The two double-parters at the end of Kaolinite's and Eudial's arcs were absolutely great.

Switching around of Vilyui and Tellur, felt like a good change to me.

Usagi in the last few episodes: CRISIS MAKE UUUUUUUUUP!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Not-so-Likes:

Pluto was a little sidelined I felt... but I think it was to stop the main characters from knowing too much too soon.

Sometimes Haruka and Michiru came off as a bit nasty rather than just a bit more adult in both civilian and Soldier form. I didn't like that, I felt they should have been harsh and realists isntead but sometimes it came off a little bit as smug sneering.

The ending arc I felt wasn't quite up to the standard of the other seasons (though I think it beats out Stars). Ami, Rei, Mako and Minako came off as a bit too weak. Mistress 9 was good and Usagi at the end were good but other than that it sometimes felt a bit flat to me. The last two episodes, though I don't dislike them felt a teensy bit unnecessary.

Saturn, such a short visit... Sad

Some of the filler was weaker than the other seasons, particularly some in Kaolinite's and Eudial's arcs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Overall I think the standard is pretty high for S, it doesn't do much wrong but I just feel there are many categories the other seasons beat it out.

Favourite Episode: Episode # 108 - "Usagi's Dance, in Step to a Waltz"

Least Favourite Episodes: Really really really hard, I'm not really sure if I had to pick, maybe?
Episode # 126 - "New Life! Time of Farewell For The Stars of Destiny"

~~~

So what do you guys like and not like about S?

Last edited by Houyou no Senshi on 16th March 2013, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 4:26 pm

I loved S because of its villains. I love the Death Busters! But I disliked how Viluy, Tellu and Cyprine got the short end of the stick. Kaorinite shouldn't have had her own little arc.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 5:13 pm

My absolute FAVORITE part of S was the music. SO much better than the seasons before it. I absolutely loved the music and the villians Smile
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 7:07 pm

I loved the relationship between Chibiusa and Hotaru. I loved the fact that there were really great intense moments. I loved how cute Tomoe was evil and non. Mistress 9 was beautiful, I felt for Neptune and Uranus (because they're not happy about doing what they have to do) and loved their relationship.

I absolutely loathe the birthday epsiode with the glass slipper as I felt it was completely unnecessary for Usagi (or anyone) to ever raise her hand against her boyfriend. She wasn't defending herself and the fact she did it at all made me dislike her anime incarnation more.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime16th March 2013, 8:00 pm

oh yes I loved Tomoe's antics! I don't even know how they managed to think of so many ways for him to be ridiculous...

Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 11:18 am

Girls going through insecurities. Girls as victims of the day.

Mamoru and Usagi relationship growing strong and supportive. Mamoru becoming real man and great future husband and father.

Minako getting most episodes, including one even good - she has been usually sidelined in other seasons.

Contrast between Inners' idealism and Outers' cinicism as main conflict.

Chibiusa and Hotaru's friendship.

Hotaru's development and defeat of the enemy. And chance for normal life with her father at the end.

Doctor Tomoe - both as villain and redeemed.

Dislikes:

Minako's episodes mostly for laughs.

Rei's visions with no payoff.

Mako defeating alone the monster and thus breaking of the rules of the SM verse.

Chibiusa's meaness to Usagi.

Ha&Mi, though I love disliking them. They could be cut a little, though.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 12:06 pm

Likes: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 190603310 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 335194840 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3309518329 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3098893119 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2027930456
[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4265269158 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4006961010 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 314519714 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1164171495
[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1569843278 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4271128786
[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2676185830 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3141037967
Dislikes: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1942491882

Now I might want to put some actual words in here. S was the season that started my love for Sailor Moon and the first episode I saw was episode 102. When I eventually did go back to watch it over I enjoyed a lot of the Outer stuff and how there was always some form of build up to their appearances. I enjoyed the episodes that featured Ami, Makoto and Minako. Eudial is my favorite of the Witches 5. I just loved her crazy driving and the ways she did thing: enter, pull out gun, shoot heart crystal right out of you, see Senshi, release monster, leave, NEXT! Mimete comes in second because of how funny she was. Sadly I can't remember anything about the ones who came after and I never cared all that much for Kaolinite. Dr. Tomoe was always a riot.

I also liked Chibiusa and Hotaru's relationship. It was sweet and I thought they made a good team too.

Aside from Kaolinite I can't remember much I disliked about this season because it's been too long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime17th March 2013, 3:34 pm

I agree with disliking Kaolinite. i feel like they could have cut down her arc to make more room for the Witches 5. I wish that the ones who only got 1 episode were expanded on a bit. [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2503753863 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3273467791 [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4141172393

I think what I like about them most was that they were a part of the action more, as opposed to someone other villains who made an appearance and then ran off

I also disliked Mimet. She was fun at first, but I got bored of her really fast.

I loved the hotaru/chibiusa relationship. I love Pluto and Chibiusa's relationship.

Also, I loved the conflict about the two ideologies of the inners and outers. I thought it was great that the senshi were not only dealing with the Death Busters but also had internal conflicts and struggles
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime22nd March 2013, 1:28 pm

IMO, having witches 3-5 in just one episode actually worked for me - it allowed to have strong, well- developed opponents and not get bored with them. Kaorinite, Eudial and Mimete bored me a little after a while.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime5th April 2013, 10:51 am

My favorite part was the Outer Sailor Senshi being introduced completely. On the flip side, I didn't like that Pluto and Saturn got the short end of the stick continuously into the series. The villains in this arc are absolutely amazing. Once again on the flip side, I didn't like how Tellur, Viluy, and Cyprine/Ptilol got the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 3:38 am

I'm currently watching S for the first time; I just finished episode 7 (96). I have to say, starting it immediately after finishing R, I can see a huge difference in tone and style compared to the first two seasons. I can definitely see what everyone means about it being the turning point of the series.

Since I'm not far into it yet, I don't have as much to comment; I love Haruka and Michiru so far, and I also think the Daimon egg sequences are creepy as hell. I'll comment more when I've watched more of it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 6:54 am

Well, I read the Infinity arc and saw the S season. I do like them both, though for different reasons.

Here is my personal list of likes and dislikes for the season.

Dislikes
* Kaolinite (I wish they made her more distinguish from the Witches 5, and cut her episodes as a field commander. Perhaps make her appear more than just Tomoe's secretary)
* The Outers during the first half of the season (I did not like how hostile they were towards the Inner Senshi at the start. I am fine with their opposing ideals, just not how they came off as uncaring towards the others)
* Lack of upgraded attacks for the Inner Senshi (not a big deal, just a simple comparing of anime/manga)
* Sailor Chibi Moon's comedic, rather than serious, attack.
* Lack of screen time for Tellu, Mimete, Cyprine/Ptilol, and even Mistress 9 (she had less episodes in the series than most of the other critical villains, and she did not appear that powerful to me due to the lack of interaction with the Sailor Senshi)

* The Witches 5
* The Outer Senshi in the second half of the season
* Hotaru and her friendship with Chibiusa

Do not think that the season is bad because of the dislikes compared to the likes. S is my favorite. I'm just very specific when it comes to the dislikes. Overall it was a great season.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 6:59 am

Prof. Tomoe.
That is all. 
His dub laugh was EPIC.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 7:20 am

I love S! It used to be favorite, but classic has replaced that. It's now in the second slot in my favorite to least favorite season list.

I feel like I'm the only who doesn't really like the witches 5? I felt like they were kind of boring. ^^*
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 7:32 am

Professor Tomoe

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! Fjgfwn
I love Professor Tomoe. I'd like to be his second wife, hahahaha. [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3884866259  I don't care that he's crazy! I enjoyed everything about his character. He's really the highlight of S, for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 7:37 am

I admit, I do like Tomoe... That moment where he was all "I haven't kissed anyone in years" and started laughing hysterically was just too funny. XD
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 7:41 am

He makes me so happy. I think he adds a nice balance of humor to very serious theme of sacrifice. I feel that the tone in S is much darker than it was in R or the first season. I feel that's a clear sign of Kunihiko Ikuhara's involvement as director; he was involved in the Sailor Moon anime from the start, but he had more input as the series continued. So I like that Professor Tomoe is amusing. His involvement with the Witches playing Twister is my favourite moment ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime21st February 2014, 1:29 pm

Likes: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 190603310  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2570116496  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3309518329  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2027930456  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 335194840  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 3098893119  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1569843278  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 314519714  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4265269158  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4006961010  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 4271128786 
Dislikes:   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 1942491882  [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! 2708394976
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime21st February 2014, 3:38 pm

I loved Hotaru's and Chibusa's side plot. It was utterly adorable and seeing how their friendship blooms throughout the season made it even more amazing. To me Haruka and Michiru in both senshi and civilian form seemed a bit nasty and hostile to me. At some points I wondered if they were actually adults. (during the first half of the season) Pluto should have been introduced more deeply in this season as well. This season was definitely one of the most darker ones throughout the whole run and made it interesting and somewhat creepy to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!   [SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Sailor Moon S Discussion!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top