The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread Empty
PostSubject: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime25th January 2013, 11:15 pm

Hello Newspaper Staffers!

I have gathered us to one place to discuss the planning and progress of hte newspaper. This section (but not this thread), will be the place to post your articles and plan out each issue.

I will be posting more later as I get more info on the newspaper. I'm a bit new to this so I'm not too sure of everything, but I trust you guys and I know you all will do your best. Smile We'll figure out a good way to organize the threads for article submissions, graphics submissions, etc.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 7:45 am

Although I am not apart of the Newspaper staff, please know that I am here to help with any written articles - whether you would like to run over ideas with me, proofread (as long as it is not TOO huge Razz) and however I can help if I available.

I am very excited to see this GC Newspaper come to life! Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 8:41 pm

So here are my ideas:

First of all I like the idea of freelancers, maybe have some open specific articles that people can apply for, e.g. "A Report on the movie "The Hobbit", then we can engage the members mroe.

- Movie Reviews, two per issue, one new movie and one not-so-new
- Sailor Moon reviews, particular episodes, chapters, musicals etcetera, one per issue?
- A featured Sailor Moon song
- Possibly book/TV show reviews
- Sailor Moon current news (obviously...)
- Sailor Moon facts
- Maybe a few puzzles
- Member's corners where Members can promote their Fanfictions or sites or tumbles
- Upcoming GC Events, Upcoming Livestreams
- Recipes, Sailor Moon related possibly
- Site features and so on

I'd love to do a "behind-the-scenes feature" with etymology or mythological or linguistic backgrounds of things in Sailor Moon too!

I would like to do articles on the etymology of

The Solar System Soldiers + Starlights, Kakyuu, Cats and Mamoru
The Dark Kingdom
The Black Moon Clan
The Death Busters
The Dead Moon Circus
The Shadow Galactica
Makaiju Aliens
The Villains of the Dracul Series
The Pirates of Artuqa + Coatl
Dark Sirius
The Dark Agency
Minor Characters
and Monsters

Its important to me that we admire and actually appreciate the little details of the series that the fandom tends to ignore.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 8:51 pm

of recent Sailor Moon-related news is the following:

- As we all know 2013 Summer new anime featuring Momoiro Clover Z
- Akiko Kosaka celebrates 40 years of music with a new album featuring Tuxedo Mirage and Moon Revenge
- Drama "Akumuchan" featuring Keiko Kitagawa and Shiori Tamai began and wrapped up.
- Release of the Sailor Moon manga in Japan with touched-up covers

For the first movie reviews I was thinking

Recent film: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Old: Papa, Can You Hear Me Sing?

Featured Song: Ice Doll or Toki Michite Kourin

Featured Sailor Moon media: "The Eternal Legend (Revision) - Final First Stage"

A lemon pie recipe and either an article on the names of the Sailor soldiers or the Youma, it would be somthing like this

Morga (モルガ Moruga)The name Morga is from, like many villains in the Sailor Moon series created by Naoko Takeuchi hereslf, a mineral, in this case “Morganite”(モルガン石 - Moruganseki). Morganite is a pink variety of beryl, this underlines her connection to the Dark Kingdom. It is also similar to the word "morgue" (モルグ Morugu) which may be relevant to her energy stealing ways that can result in death.

In the future I would also like to review the movies "Amelia", "Some Like It Hot" and "Dreamgirls"
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 9:00 pm

Those are good ideas so far. I was thinking maybe some GC related things too. Like spotlighting events, threads, members, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 9:01 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Those are good ideas so far. I was thinking maybe some GC related things too. Like spotlighting events, threads, members, etc.?

Yeah people can submit threads they feel deserve a spotlight?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 9:05 pm

I don't want to fall into the trap that that fan magazine "Lunacy" seemed to have fallen into, too much into the graphical side while the actual magazine's content becomes weakened and some of the time, rather dull (or in other cases incorrectly researched, for example, when a kanji is used as an ateji, it does not make the meaning of the kanji obsolete ), i felt it came off a bit as like a compilation of tumblrs and i think we should use this magazine to try to broaden interest in Sailor Moon and Galaxy Cauldron rather to tell people things that they've probably seen elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 10:03 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Although I am not apart of the Newspaper staff, please know that I am here to help with any written articles - whether you would like to run over ideas with me, proofread (as long as it is not TOO huge Razz) and however I can help if I available.

I am very excited to see this GC Newspaper come to life! Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread 1434556979

Becks, you are such a cheater! Miss I-am-admin-and-I-get-access-to-everything Razz

@Miki -- I love all of your ideas. They're really awesome.

What about a section that talks about new merchandise up for grabs? Like at Hot Topic and whatnot.

Also, is there a name for this? Or is it like "The GC Newspaper/Newsletter"?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 10:06 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

Becks, you are such a cheater! Miss I-am-admin-and-I-get-access-to-everything Razz

@Miki -- I love all of your ideas. They're really awesome.

What about a section that talks about new merchandise up for grabs? Like at Hot Topic and whatnot.

Also, is there a name for this? Or is it like "The GC Newspaper/Newsletter"?

I'm not sure if NQS/Kakyuu had anything in mind, oh we should definitely have a merchandise section. I think ill make up a list on the First Newspaper page so we can start picking doing what, do you have any other ideas for articles, either general or specific kinds?

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t3929-first-newspaper-issue-outline
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 10:10 pm

Not at the moment, but I'm sure stuff may come to mind.

If there's no name for the newspaper, we should name it!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime26th January 2013, 10:32 pm

Definitely i think it would also be good to have a list of different specific "main" articles so we have some place to go after each one is released, here are some of mine:

: Forgotten Witches: An Appreciation and Discussion on Tellur, Vilyui, Cyprine and Ptilol in the anime
: A comparison of Sailor Moon between the versions
: The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter and Sailor Moon
: What should been seen in the 2013 anime?
: A discussion on Sailor Moon theme songs
: The canonization of the Sailor Moon anime Movies
: The Beryl and Endymion Question
: A comparison of villain motivations and intentions in the series
: Anza vs. Fumina vs. Miyuki vs. Marina
: Why does Mamoru and Chibiusa seem to be unpopular in the Western fandom?
: Sailor Moon Super vs. Sailor Moon SuperS
: Who was Sailor Cosmos?
: Mythological background of the Shitennou
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 9:22 pm

Ooooh sorry for not posting yet. I would have replied sooner but I got distracted by Japanese homework XD I read over your thoughts and ideas in the threads, and your organization plan, and I really liked it.

Quote :
For the main articles I think "Momoiro Clover Z" and "Point System" are good choices for a first articles.

I totally agree with this. The points, maybe opinions to go with them? And maybe simplified terms so people can understand better. And yes with the Momoiro Clover Z since they're gonna be the new theme song singers. Plus, it may reach people that haven't heard them yet and yeah.

Quote :
you have any suggestions for "main articles"

I think you hit all the main stuff, actually. If there's any kind of like, new information that you've come across, I think those could be good points. Maybe a main article could be on just the fact that it's 2013 and Sailor Moon will be out sometime this summer? And any constructive thoughts and whatnot on the whole thing could be good...

I definitely wouldn't mind with the basic Japanese lessons. I think it would be good for me since I'm just starting out with the language. And I can run things by you if I have any sort of confusion XP

Quote :
I was thinking an advice or question corner for us, people could submit in questions Sailor Moon related, Life related, anything related and we'll answer the ones we feel like.

I like this idea a lot!

Also, along this note; I remember I talked to Kakyuu briefly about an idea for the paper. It was a little corner where it's like "Ask a Senshi" and someone can send in something they'd ask a senshi and we'd come up with the senshi response. Maybe accompanied by a cute little chibi senshi? I think it'd be limited to like, one question per newspaper issue. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 9:41 pm

yeah for the points thing thats what i was thining because i think alot of people are a bit confused by it and it would be an opportunity to clear it up

I want to show everyone that MomoClo don't suck they're just not always "on" live, I think sometimes their nerves get to them, in a recent concert one of their members cried through the first song just because she got so worked up.

I actually have a problem with the 2013 Summer Anime article, and that basically thats it. There's no other information and i really hate the sites that are making up rumours and speculation things like "its going to be based on the manga" "voice actors are returning" "its going to be geared towards old fans" etc. etc. There's nothing to suggest any of that =\ but perhaps we could write what we WANT from the new anime? That might be more substantial? What do you think of "Linked to 40 Yrs " (New album by SeraMyu composer Akiko Kosaka celebrating 40 years of her music and will feature Moon Revenge and Tuxedo Mirage) and a review of Akumuchan / My Little Nightmare (a recent drama that starred Keiko Kitagawa, Rei from PGSM and also featured Shiori Tamai of Momoiro Clover)

For the Japanese language corner I was thinking to start with greetings and so on for the first issue then move onto some more Sailor Moon related vocab "suishou" "saraba" "oshiokiyo" and so on, we can take different regular articles each issue and mix it up

Ooooh Ask a Senshi sounds like a really good idea, perhaps we could ask brit if we could use the pis of the 10 senshi she made for caption contest so we get some original arts in thar.

Do you want to take any of the reviews on this page

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t3929-first-gc-newspaper-issue-outline

Just pick out whatever you wish to review or write or anything i'll add your ideas to that list too. best to pick your options on that page
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 10:29 pm

Just a thought, this newspaper's tagline should totally be

tsuki no hikari wa ai no message / the light of the moon is the message love since its newspapery and a wellknown tag-line from the show itself.

Newspaper names ideas anyone? I'm not really sure I want it to sound catchy... here are some ideas but im a little iffy on them

Millennium Press / Millennial Press
Last Change Daily
The Eternal Graph
Moonlight / Moonlit Syndicate
The Sailor Guardian (like The Guardian)

other newspaper-y ending ideas
Telegraph, Express, Post, Mail, Edition, Sun, Mail, Journal, Herald

other words to consider

Link, Everlasting, Moon, Lunar, Promised, Destiny, Miracle Romance, Love Magic, Ginzuishou, Silver Crystal, Tsuki, Light, Honeymoon, Crystal Tokyo yadayada

im sure the perfect name will arise eventually...
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 5:28 am

Since its a newspaper for the Galaxy Cauldron, perhaps The GC Times? Maybe try to keep it related to the forum so it doesn't seem too seperated? Though I rather like The Moonlight Syndicate. XD
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:36 am

There is a lot going on here and I cannot comment on everything yet - but here are just a few responses.

- I like the idea of the newspaper having the GC in the title, whatever variation is chosen but since it is the Galaxy Cauldron's Newspaper, I think we should have our forum's stamp on it.

- Miki, I don't think that we will fall into the "trap" that you mentioned with Lunacy, because the main focus of this paper was to be a newspaper, not a magazine - and plus we do not have people who can put that much graphical work into the paper. Also, there is so much concrete articles to focus on, I think the paper will be very solid. Smile

- The Ask A Senshi (with a chibi) sounds adorable! I think it is a good idea to have a mix of fun and solid articles because not everyone wants to read an essay or be spammed with silly nonsense. So a good balance is key.

- Oh! And I agree with Miki that it is a good idea not to have a huge article on the 2013 yet. There is no information to be had and forming speculations is not the best of ideas, I feel.

- Maybe you could also make a section featuring twitters of Sailor Moon related places, such as Sailor Moon website twitters and Osabu's translated twitter: @OsabuP_English.

- And Tuxie -- hehe, I get all the perks. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 5:26 pm

Quote :
- Maybe you could also make a section featuring twitters of Sailor Moon related places, such as Sailor Moon website twitters and Osabu's translated twitter: @OsabuP_English.

I thought of this too actually, I read through quite a few Sailor Moon related twitters from time to time, Rica Fukami's and Megumi Ogata's for example, though it might be a little hard to form something substantial from what they're saying since the vast majority of tweets are either about what they had to eat recently or pictures of cosplayers playing various characters, so I'm not really sure how this would work unless it was just a list of random tweets by various people? I'm actually kind of terrible with following twitters T.T (why is that english twitter called OsabuP... o.O its just Osabu or Osa-P isnt it)

I I think we can have a fresh name but still have Galaxy Cauldron on it, perhaps across the corner, "Galaxy Cauldron" or at the top "Galaxy Cauldron Presents" or "Brought to you by the Galaxy Cauldron Forums" something about "The Galaxy Cauldron Times" for me just doesn't sound that catchy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 7:57 pm

The Galaxy Cauldron's Moonlight Syndicate? I also do like The Sailor Guardian.

I dunno why but I do like that one a lot. xD
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:00 pm

MOONBUNNY MONTHLY!

Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread Tumblr_m258vsYcsK1r64tou

Small Lady wrote:
The Galaxy Cauldron's Moonlight Syndicate?

I like this too, though.

BUT MOONBUNNY MONTHLY SOUNDS ADORABLE!

EDIT: Going along with this thought, we can use Miki's idea of the bunny eating a rose (the one she suggested for the GC mascot) for a logo and Brit can draw it!! :DD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:17 pm

Yes! Let me see if I can find the original scan so I can post it.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:18 pm

Oooh i like that too, I was thinking maybe just have The Galaxy Cauldron in small font above the title and then [ ] in big letters then the tagline "The Light of the Moon is the Message of Love" underneath? i really like Moonbunny Monthly
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:26 pm

Yes. Yes to all.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:29 pm

in the meantime why dont you think about what kind of articles you want to write >..>

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t3929-first-gc-newspaper-issue-outline

*coughs* i also added your ideas from the other day
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime29th January 2013, 8:31 pm

Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread Mascot10

found it!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 11:06 am

So I started reading Miki's first article, but i'm finding it hard in the format (so i'm gunna copy and paste to Word later) on this forum. However that gave me an idea on how we can submit articles. I could make a google account specifically for the GC Newsletter. You guys could upload your articles via Google Docs. We can all read/edit them from there.

It would also give a way for non-staff members to submit their articles by emailing it in. I would give all Newspaper Staff members access to the email. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 1:26 pm

Small Lady wrote:
So I started reading Miki's first article, but i'm finding it hard in the format (so i'm gunna copy and paste to Word later) on this forum. However that gave me an idea on how we can submit articles. I could make a google account specifically for the GC Newsletter. You guys could upload your articles via Google Docs. We can all read/edit them from there.

It would also give a way for non-staff members to submit their articles by emailing it in. I would give all Newspaper Staff members access to the email. What do you guys think?

That sounds pretty good because copy and pasting into her gets rid of my italics and I have to reitalicize and I just can't handle that kind of pressure.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 7:06 pm

So i had two more ideas for the overall newspaper:

1) We can include the winners of the particular month's otaku/writing/art competition if you guys (and Venus too) think thats a good idea. It wouldn't negate the current format of your competition, you would still announce the winners in the thread, just as an added bonus they could also be featured in the newspaper? Kind of like an extra prize "AND HAVE YOUR WINNING ENTRY SHOW UP IN THE NEWSPAPER" kind of thing? You three guys are in charge of it so its completely up to you.

2) A section at the back for the particular issue's staff with a short bio, a couple of sentences and maybe themed pictures each issue? Ponies, Sailor Starlights etc. It could be tongue-in-cheek too
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 7:08 pm

Yes, brilliant. Thank you for being Brilliant Miki, Miki.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 7:12 pm

are we talking about competition or bios or just my general brilliance.

Once I was so brilliant, Britchan cried.

True Story.

Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 7:26 pm

Both of course! Very Happy

And please, do share this tale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread   Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Newspaper Discussion Planning Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top