The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Realistic Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SwineFluSam
Lotus Crystal

SwineFluSam

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sammy

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 9:27 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
O my goodness, you guys, I have FINALLY found the image that has been in my memory from ten years ago. I have been searching endlessly for this one but NO ONE has it anywhere. (Of course, I will feel quite stupid if one of you reply with an "oh yes, i've had this one in my folder ..." Razz). Ahem. Anyway. Yes, to me this has always been the real life rendition of Usagi. It is one that has perfectly captured that childlike innocence and happiness, in her eyes, her genuine smile. I especially love the delicate curl of her fingers against her chin. Her hair looks lovely as well, which is something I imagine not easy to depict in a real life piece.

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Serena07

:O

That picture is AMAZING. It's so GOOD. They captured who Usagi is through a picture. I have never seen that picture before, so don't feel stupid :p

I wish I could find something more like this, that's more homey? (only way I could think of it) Or possibly a warmer feeling? I don't know, nevermind, anyways, it's just a really well-drawn picture and I'm in love with it. haha (:

OH and about the thing you said about Tuxedo Mask, I also thought he looked creepy; they expression on his face was just...stalkerish. lol
Back to top Go down
http://dancingqueenonly7teen.tumblr.com
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 9:37 pm

Rei is probably the easiest to portray with Asian characteristics since she already possesses a number of classic Japanese traits, most notably the dark hair. Ami is definitely next in line. I agree, Jupiter, that Minako does appear quite a bit off with the almost comically round facial features. Usagi looks like she just came out of a Final Fantasy game. At least the overall proportions are normal, thank goodness.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th August 2011, 11:26 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Oh my goodness, you guys, I have FINALLY found the image that has been in my memory from ten years ago. I have been searching endlessly for this one but NO ONE has it anywhere. (Of course, I will feel quite stupid if one of you reply with an "oh yes, i've had this one in my folder ..." Razz). Ahem. Anyway. Yes, to me this has always been the real life rendition of Usagi. It is one that has perfectly captured that childlike innocence and happiness, in her eyes, her genuine smile. I especially love the delicate curl of her fingers against her chin. Her hair looks lovely as well, which is something I imagine not easy to depict in a real life piece.

oh my gosh!! That picture!!! I remember seeing it so forever long ago. It looks like it was drawn off of a early Britney Spears maybe? I can't believe you find that. <3
Back to top Go down
Nathy
Pyramidal Crystal

Nathy

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th August 2011, 11:55 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:

Let me put it this way: for Takeuchi, I get the impression that the Sailor Senshi's sexuality was a compliment to the overall themes she wished to addressed; for the anime directors, their sexuality was its own teleology.

*insert clap.gif here*

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Oh my goodness, you guys, I have FINALLY found the image that has been in my memory from ten years ago. I have been searching endlessly for this one but NO ONE has it anywhere. (Of course, I will feel quite stupid if one of you reply with an "oh yes, i've had this one in my folder ..." Razz). Ahem. Anyway. Yes, to me this has always been the real life rendition of Usagi. It is one that has perfectly captured that childlike innocence and happiness, in her eyes, her genuine smile. I especially love the delicate curl of her fingers against her chin. Her hair looks lovely as well, which is something I imagine not easy to depict in a real life piece.

Oh god, I remember this image for oh so long ago! *______*

-

Perhaps these aren't the most realistic drawings ever, but they have something more than the silhouettes that Reiko was talking about.

[flash]
Usa and Mamoru by ~Miyako-tyan on deviantART[/flash]

And then, those canvases, that are absolutely gorgeous;

[flash]
The goddess of the moon by *pt0317 on deviantART[/flash]

which, by the way, I recommend y'all to check her work, it's amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://hernameisboxcar.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2011, 4:32 pm

I posted that above one by pt0317. Isn't it AMAZING? It looks like a painting from maybe the Baroque or Rococo period. Lovely. <3
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2011, 4:59 pm

@Nathy -- The fanart by pt0317 is amazing. It is not my style per se, but as B-chan says, it holds that aesthetic quality of an old painting out of the Rococo era -- and I adore that! Very unique. ^^

@B-chan -- I think you are right about the Brittany Spears aspect of that piece. If I remember correctly, that image surfaced during that time period and it definitely has some early Spears facial features.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Nathy
Pyramidal Crystal

Nathy

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th August 2011, 11:41 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I posted that above one by pt0317. Isn't it AMAZING? It looks like a painting from maybe the Baroque or Rococo period. Lovely. <3

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
@Nathy -- The fanart by pt0317 is amazing. It is not my style per se, but as B-chan says, it holds that aesthetic quality of an old painting out of the Rococo era -- and I adore that! Very unique. ^^

@B-chan -- I think you are right about the Brittany Spears aspect of that piece. If I remember correctly, that image surfaced during that time period and it definitely has some early Spears facial features.

I ended up posting the same fanart as you? I'm sorry, Brit! Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 2632955583 pt0317 has several oil paintings from Usagi/Sailor Moon and my jaw dropped because oil painting is definitely hard - i'll start oil painting next semester at art school and i'm pretty aprehensive Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3050727640
Back to top Go down
http://hernameisboxcar.deviantart.com
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 10:45 pm

I just happened across the jackpot of SM realistic images. Funny enough, they are by the same artist of a pic that Sam posted earlier!

Quote :
Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tumblr_llbhr6Ymft1qgd3y7o1_500

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Friendsq

^I love how they are all beautiful but their youth is still very evident. Here they look like 14-year-old girls--stunning 14 year-old-girls Wink

Here they look more adult. I love it though, as each senshi has distinctive facial features. The more rounded faces from the first image gave them a more homogenized look. These images are an organic progression from there--seeing what they would look like as women, not girls.

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Mercuryk

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Marsc

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Jupiterb

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Venusm

Here's the artist's blog:
http://7r.blog33.fc2.com/category9-1.html
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 10:52 pm

I've seen some of those floating around tumblr. They are so beautiful. Though sometimes their eyes creep me out, but i think its because they sorta remind me of these paintings from my girl doctor's office. >.>...
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm not a big fan of the eyes either, actually. I do appreciate moving away from the manga style but it still feels very shoujo (especially the Venus one). There's not a lot of white highlights either, just the iris, a lighter color and the ring around it all.

I love Rei's expression though. She looks like she's looking right through you. Ami's does look fairly inquisitive and calculating. Makoto's looks kind of on-edge and distrustful.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 11:08 pm

I think the most "realistic" looking eyes of them are Mako's, but I am a fan of Rei's too. I like her expression a lot.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th October 2011, 11:14 pm

I'm also in love with their outfits. Whatever nightclub they're going to, I want in!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 7:18 am

Gorgeous. ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

Title : Advisor to the Goddess

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 8:07 am

I love those images!
The only beef I have as a fan is how skinny they are--Makoto in particular.
An athlete would have muscle, not really skinny arms and stuff.
/very picky
Back to top Go down
http://bunnyblushies.tumblr.com
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th October 2011, 8:48 am

I noticed that too. But, I can understand since they always looked super skinny. I just wish the artist indulged in realism a bit more to extend to the body proportions. I understand Mercury being petite but all the other senshi are supposed to tower over her.

Though... considering this artist is more than likely based in Japan (blog is in Japanese), that could explain the tiny frames. Japanese women are petite as it gets. Their bone structure can be soooo tiny! A Japanese woman of 5'3'' and 90 something lbs can still have a healthy BMI whereas, in other countries, that'd be borderline anorexia.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 11:45 am

I can definitely share feelings about the Stars season of the anime and I can honestly tell you that you're definitely not alone in that. It seemed that at that time, they decided to make the characters look more like stick figures in this season than any other season.

As for realistic Sailor Moon related images, my friend, Renae has been doing some recently and she does some really nice interpretation. She recently has done Venus, Neptune, and even my Sailor Silence.

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Lady_of_saturn_sketch_card_two_by_radiant_suzuka-d48drxt

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tdp___super_sailor_venus_by_radiant_suzuka-d33opil

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Super_sailor_neptune_by_radiant_suzuka-d31748o
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 11:51 am

Oh my goodness those are beautiful *_*

Is there a way I can contact your friend to ask permission to use the Neptune piece as an avatar here?

I like how the proportions are a bit more fleshed out...I figure they're athletes too. (Minako w/e volleyball, Michiru w/ swimming)
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 11:54 am

Lady Lucina wrote:

Is there a way I can contact your friend to ask permission to use the Neptune piece as an avatar here?

I like how the proportions are a bit more fleshed out...I figure they're athletes too. (Minako w/e volleyball, Michiru w/ swimming)

Just send her a note on her deviantart account at radiant-suzuka.deviantart.com. ^^ I'm pretty sure she won't have a problem with it but I know she will highly apperciate that you asked her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Lady Lucina
Lotus Crystal

Lady Lucina

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 12:01 pm

Paprika wrote:
Lady Lucina wrote:

Just send her a note on her deviantart account at radiant-suzuka.deviantart.com. ^^ I'm pretty sure she won't have a problem with it but I know she will highly apperciate that you asked her.

Will do! Watching her now, too--she's great. Thank you for giving me her link Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SwineFluSam
Lotus Crystal

SwineFluSam

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sammy

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 2:08 pm

Paprika- WOAH! She does such AMAZING work!! It looks so GOOD! :O

Reiko - Those dresses that they are wearing are so cute! I lovelovelove how they drew Rei! Actually I love how they drew all of them, but! Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 1637911638

Back to top Go down
http://dancingqueenonly7teen.tumblr.com
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:17 pm

Paprika wrote:
I can definitely share feelings about the Stars season of the anime and I can honestly tell you that you're definitely not alone in that. It seemed that at that time, they decided to make the characters look more like stick figures in this season than any other season.

Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tdp___super_sailor_venus_by_radiant_suzuka-d33opil

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!

I adore that picture of Venus. Such the narcissist, she is. But, you gotta love her for it. Thanks for posting!

SwineFluSam wrote:
Reiko - Those dresses that they are wearing are so cute! I lovelovelove how they drew Rei! Actually I love how they drew all of them, but! Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 1637911638

Funny you mention that Sam, I actually came across that same picture of Rei over six months ago and fell in love with it. I never knew the source though... it was a pleasant surprise finding the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
White Polaris
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Brightest Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st October 2011, 12:34 pm

Oh, I love realistic fanart. They're just out of this world! I llove it.
Back to top Go down
ShardMonster
Star Seed

ShardMonster

Star Seed

Title : Pretty Sailor Warrior Princess

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th November 2011, 9:51 pm

All of these are so freakin' amazing!!!!
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th November 2011, 10:02 pm

Whoa! How could I miss such a thing? Those are absolutely fantastic!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th November 2011, 7:36 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

Ooh I love that, favourite so far!

Not many people attempt Mamoru, maybe they don't want to screw it up because he really is perfect in the manga/anime. It'd be a tough audience that one.
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 6:18 pm

A little one for you guys representing Saturn Wink
Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Saturn11
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 6:48 pm

JoJiaMystie wrote:
A little one for you guys representing Saturn Wink
Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Saturn11

I LOVE the amount of detail!! Very Happy Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3120549547
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th December 2011, 7:35 pm

Thx Lexi! Wink
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th December 2011, 5:36 pm

Another one for you! Venus this time! Wink
Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Sailor17
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 5:29 pm

Jupiter
Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Jupite11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Sailor Moon?   Realistic Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Realistic Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top