The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Egyptian Sailor Scouts;

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

Egyptian Sailor Scouts; Empty
PostSubject: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 3:59 pm

This is one of the vast ideas I've come up with recently and was hoping people would be interested in what I have to say on it.

Basing Egyptian Mythology and planets, I found there is a Star that has 7 confirmed planets (2 speculated) orbiting it. The system is called: HD 10180 and the order of the planets (from founding order) go:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/HD10180Orbits.svg

There are quite a few well known Egyptian Deities that people may or may not have heard about, and I was hoping to place a face to the planets. Not much is known about each of these planets so imagination would have to be put into hyper drive, basing characters off what domains they rule rather then how the planet acts.

The 9 Gods:

Anubis - god of embalming and tomb-caretaker who watches over the dead

Horus - god of the sky, pharaohs, war, and protection

Isis - goddess of magic, motherhood and fertility and consort of Osiris

Ma'at – goddess who personified concept of truth, balance, justice, and order

Nephthys – {Planet G} PoetofMercury

Osiris – merciful judge of the dead in the afterlife

Ra – the sun, also a creator deity

Sekhmet – lioness goddess of destruction, pestilence, and war; fierce protector of the pharaoh

Sobek – crocodile god of the Nile, patron of the military

I had wanted to do something to contribute to this group; to put my part in here, and I hoped by chance people would become interested enough to make this idea become a role-playing reality. I'd obviously 6 people for the time being; picking 1 God and 1 of the planets (in B-H order through that link I displayed) and make a biography. I'd be picking a character as well, but only once I see this idea take off from the ground.

Other ideas could be of enemy related characters that people could make up as well. Just remember that the idea is focused on Ancient Egypt is all. If you're interested in picking a character just let me know and I'll put your name next to the Character you want (with the letter you picked from the planets).

Also, if you want to contribute ideas or criticism feel free to do so! I look forward to hearing from replies, since how I want to interact more and this could be one way of doing it Smile

Last edited by Joshua916 on 25th August 2012, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:00 pm

This feels spooky and awesome at the same time Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:02 pm

Thank you Saturn! I'm trying to be imaginative (been 2 years since I worked that part of my brain).
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:04 pm

Wow, this is a fascinating idea! I already have ideas spinning around in my mind. ^^

Plus I absolutely love mythology. ^^ I am on my way outright now but when I get back tonight I'd love to bounce some ideas around. ^-^ Now I'm going to be so distracted in aerobics class. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:06 pm

Egyptian mythology is my favorite!
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:07 pm

I think I'll join ^^" I don't have much experience in RP, but I'd like to give it a try, I like this story.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 4:11 pm

Role-playing is pretty easy, and you don't have to have much experience when doing it. I doubt anyone on these forums will criticize you on your performance, and I've found the best way to get better is to constantly do it over time Smile Besides, I'm not nearly as good as others on this site (from what I've seen).

All I'd need is people giving me what character they'd like to do a biography on (and role-play as) as with which planet they'd want in that Constellation.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 6:18 pm

Oh my god I loved Ancient Egypt as a kid. I loved learning about in grade school. Seems like a really neat idea! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 6:19 pm

Can you tell us what is the setting of the story? (which town, which time, etc) It'll inspire us making our profiles.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 6:20 pm

I would love to get involved with this but I'm kind of over my head at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 6:25 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:
Can you tell us what is the setting of the story? (which town, which time, etc) It'll inspire us making our profiles.

Setting could take place in Cairo, Egypt, or the outskirts of the town. Since how we're modeling the characters off Egyptian Gods, it would be nice to place them where they were worshiped (or rather their names). Time frame could be 2012 (a great travesity since how 2012 is suppose to mark the end of the world, according to people and the rumors about the Mayan Calendar.) The "end of the world" theme could be a greater evil that the Mayans predicted, though the ideas for this "evil" are unknown to me at the moment.

@ Anjyu - You could always reserve a character if you want, and take your time in making the profile. This way one is reserved for you when your time frees up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 7:12 pm

Sailor Cleopatra. I had to.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime24th August 2012, 8:07 pm

One of the Egyptian leaders before the reign fell huh? Its a good idea, but doesn't exactly follow the plot I had. Keeping it mythological in aspects of deities, though Cleopatra could be the name of one of the villains? Since how it'd be nice to think of the bad guys/girls as well.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 4:41 pm

I have what I think might be a cool idea for Nephthys. If it's modern day I think it would be interesting if she were a medical examiner for the government, picking up bodies and working at the morgue doing investigative autopsies.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:06 pm

I think I'll pass! I just don't have time.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:12 pm

PoetofMercury wrote:
I have what I think might be a cool idea for Nephthys. If it's modern day I think it would be interesting if she were a medical examiner for the government, picking up bodies and working at the morgue doing investigative autopsies.

Well once you choose the character, its yours to with as you wish. If you're interested in Nephthys, I could put your name up there. Any idea what planet you'd want in that region?

Anjyu wrote:
I think I'll pass! I just don't have time.

Sorry to hear that you're going to be too busy for this idea. Its sad to see that an idea like this might wind up going to waste, but it can't be helped.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:14 pm

I'm thinking "G" for Nephthys so far. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:16 pm

PoetofMercury wrote:
I'm thinking "G" for Nephthys so far. ^-^

Alright. So G and Nephthys will be taken by PoetofMercury. I'll post that up Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:16 pm

I'm in like 5 roleplays so I mean kinda hard to be active with all that going on plus I'm trying to get my rp going too.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:18 pm

Anjyu wrote:
I'm in like 5 roleplays so I mean kinda hard to be active with all that going on plus I'm trying to get my rp going too.

Its fine. Very Happy I wish you luck with these other role-plays. Each one seems awesome to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:21 pm

i think i'll take Horus and A (first letter of my actual name) , I like how it sounds Razz I guess all of them are sailor soldiers? (therefore, no knights?) I'm making a quick bio on Mr-Magical-Manuscript (My partner in fanfic writting), and I just need to know what gender is my character to complete it.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:21 pm

I know how that is ANjyu. I am in a few as well. But every time I say "no more" a really awesome idea comes up and I just have to. Very Happy

I'm sort of trying to piece together an idea for another possible villain. Maybe a sort of sorceror / alchemist / priest back then that tried to steal the powers of the senshi for hsi own ends and though he failed at that and they seal him away, someone in modern day inadvertently stumbles upon it, breaks the seal and is posessed by his spirit. Just throwing ideas out there off the top of my head, but we're gonna need a few villains I think eventually.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:30 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:
i think i'll take Horus and A (first letter of my actual name) , I like how it sounds Razz I guess all of them are sailor soldiers? (therefore, no knights?) I'm making a quick bio on Mr-Magical-Manuscript (My partner in fanfic writting), and I just need to know what gender is my character to complete it.

According to the alphabet by planets, A would be the Star of that solar system. But Horus is a fine choice Smile All the scouts will be female, which means when I pick mine it'll be feminine as well.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:32 pm

PoetofMercury wrote:
I know how that is ANjyu. I am in a few as well.
But every time I say "no more" a really awesome idea comes up and I just
have to. Very Happy

I'm
sort of trying to piece together an idea for another possible villain.
Maybe a sort of sorceror / alchemist / priest back then that tried to
steal the powers of the senshi for hsi own ends and though he failed at
that and they seal him away, someone in modern day inadvertently
stumbles upon it, breaks the seal and is posessed by his spirit. Just
throwing ideas out there off the top of my head, but we're gonna need a
few villains I think eventually.

Imhotep could be another awesome idea for a villain if we think about it. Since how he really was a Sorcerer back in the days of Ancient Egypt, and was portrayed as the source of evil in "The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns" series, it would be a good choice. Though I'd like a group opinion on the idea.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:51 pm

You know after I posted it dawned on me that I was pretty closely describing Imhoptep anyway. Very Happy And here I thought I was thinking of something semi-original at least. Razz Sounds very interesting.

I'm also wondering about the sailor fukus. In the Orion RP all the senshi have some similarity in their uniform as they come from the same star system. Do you have anything like that in mind? I'm working on my profile. ^^
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 5:57 pm

PoetofMercury wrote:
You know after I posted it dawned on me that I was pretty closely describing Imhoptep anyway. Very Happy And here I thought I was thinking of something semi-original at least. Razz Sounds very interesting.

I'm also wondering about the sailor fukus. In the Orion RP all the senshi have some similarity in their uniform as they come from the same star system. Do you have anything like that in mind? I'm working on my profile. ^^

I'm still new when it comes to making a Senshi from Sailor Moon for scratch. I mean since how this is Egyptian we could always change the Brooch or the Tiara to match them together from the Ancient Egyptian era. I'd have to do some research, but Ankhs and other pieces of Golden jewelry were worn back in those times.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 6:30 pm

Me too, and I'm definitely not great at the senshi maker but I played around a bit and came up with a very rough idea. Maybe the golden arm bands and the white color on top on the fuku could be something they have in common. It seems like it could fit the period I think. Here's a very tentative idea for mine though I'm not 100% happy with it yet.

Egyptian Sailor Scouts; Egypt
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 6:36 pm

Yeah. I had designed Nephthys on that site myself, but the idea was different from yours. The Black and Purple were ideas that shared similarity, but I used Purple for the hair and Black eyes. The shoes were different and no golden arm bands. I'll do some digging tomorrow morning online involving jewelry and items Egyptians wore to figure out a similarity. I'll probably be taking Anubis since how its the last God out of the list who is inspirational at this moment. Though I want to see if anyone else has interests, because it'd be nice to fill in all the spots off the list if we can Smile
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 6:38 pm

I actualy tried purple hair and black eyes. Very Happy But the purple color I picked seemed too light. I'd love to see what your idea was. ^^
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 6:45 pm

It didn't save to my profile which is very disappointing to say the least. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Sailor Scouts;   Egyptian Sailor Scouts; I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Sailor Scouts;

View previous topic View next topic Back to top