The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Serenity's family?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 1:28 pm

Ktenshi wrote:
-other thought- With Chibiusa, it seems her condition is actually surprising to everyone with the way King Endymion told them. Her aging and show of power seems to be a result of Endymion and Serenity's genetics. (Which is weird, considering she was reborn as an earthling and there shouldn't have been any problems with her growth at all. Does the use of the Silver Crystal and being Sailor Moon with all that magic genetically change the user?)

There's a lot of interesting tidbits in the Serenitys in a sense of - when do they become mature? For Q. Serenity it was 18 and she stopped growing older. (also the fairywings are not part of her or part of her.) For NQ. Serenity we're told 22. So what would it be for Chibiusa?

On this subject - I always thought that Usagi's was changed at a genetic/metaphysical level when she awakened as Princess Serenity because of that one section in the first arc of the manga where her hair grows out in under a week, and Minako (or someone else?) says that it's because Usagi is changing to match Princess Serenity's physical form. I believe that her family also comments on her looking/seeming older/more mature... which was probably partly physical (she became older) and partly mental (traumatized).

On the subject of aging, due to the Nehellenia flashback to the Moon Kingdom, I've always thought that uneven aging was to be expected. Didn't Queen Serenity say to the four Senshi that Princess Serenity would 'catch up to them soon?' Or something?

Also, Endymion's comments on Chibi-Usa seem to attribute her slow aging to both her genetics and her maturity level. Something that seems to indicate that age in humans dictates their maturity (you mature as you grow older, no matter what), but in Lunarians maturity dictates age (your as old as you feel/let yourself become, and you have a physical age cap). Chibi-Usa seems to have been caught between these expectations: she doesn't mature quickly because HUMAN, but until she matures naturally she won't physically grow anymore.

I'm confusing myself.

Of course, there's also the question of what exactly they mean when they say Chibi-Usa's 900 years old... but I'm not getting into that. XD
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 1:55 pm

I'm probably freaking out over nothing again, but "Usagi is changing to match Princess Serenity's physical form" sounds far too close to demonic possession for me to be comfortable with.

Kinda gives off the vibe that the crystals/planets hijack people to serve them.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
MoonieMeManga
Lotus Crystal

MoonieMeManga

Lotus Crystal

Title : Goddess Lunette

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 8:05 am

Ktenshi wrote:
MoonieMeManga wrote:
These theories are so good! But I do think maybe Serenity's father was from the Sun because I remember in the manga Queen Serenity said something with " Father Sun " in one of the first volumes. I think it is when they travelled to the moon. When she said that I thought about that her father may come from the Sun.

Where was that mentioned? As far as I know, P. Serenity has no father that is known and the same goes for the other Sailor senshi with the exception of Pluto, who's the only other person to have a parent mentioned (Chronos being her father).

Personally, I don't think her father is from the sun or none of that, mostly because in my books, the Sun is mentioned to be the guardian star of earth/ the prince.

Also I think Helios, by virtue of his name alone, is a representation of the Sun.

I'm also a fan of the theory that Queen Serenity and Queen Nehellenia aren't native to the Solar system but the Sailor senshi's people are (and maybe them too.).

-other thought- With Chibiusa, it seems her condition is actually surprising to everyone with the way King Endymion told them. Her aging and show of power seems to be a result of Endymion and Serenity's genetics. (Which is weird, considering she was reborn as an earthling and there shouldn't have been any problems with her growth at all. Does the use of the Silver Crystal and being Sailor Moon with all that magic genetically change the user?)

There's a lot of interesting tidbits in the Serenitys in a sense of - when do they become mature? For Q. Serenity it was 18 and she stopped growing older. (also the fairywings are not part of her or part of her.) For NQ. Serenity we're told 22. So what would it be for Chibiusa?

It was in act 9 Princess Serenity page 161 from the Kodansha reprint.

Queen Serenity says this " Even now the memory is clear. Father Sun was at the time wracked with extraordinary activity. The Sun let out a strange glow..that had never been seen before "
Because she said Father Sun I got this image of maybe Serenity's father is from the Sun or maybe Queen Serenity's father is from the Sun. But that was my imagination! So, maybe her father isn't from the Sun. So yeah, I didn't really think over that because I hadn't even read the rest of the manga at that time. I'm just on volume 9 now! And I haven't learned about Helios before now and Nehelenia. The only one who knows the answer gotta be Takeuchi-sama! Hope she can one time answer our unanswered "mysteries" Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.goddesslunette.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 9:13 am

*Blinks* My copy doesn't say that.... she never said that in the one I had.
*checks*

That's gotta be the weirdest line ever. Why 'Father' Sun? Why would she, if her husband was of the sun, would she refer to his place as Father Sun rather than The Sun?

-I'm puzzled by this because I never noticed that new translation.-
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 9:54 am

Besides like, Beryl (or Metallia?), the only person I know of that seems to have any connection to the sun is Helios O_O dun dun duuuuun!
Back to top Go down
Gordita
Star Seed

Gordita

Star Seed

Title : ...

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th March 2013, 1:02 pm

I just thought of something... really off-topic but still relavent:
Queen Serenity and Princess Serenity sharing the same star seed is very poetic. Naoko used the story of the Greek Goddess Selene as the basis of her story, but she split the role of Selene between the Queen and Princess: the Queen being the "Goddess" or ruler of the moon, and the Princess being the one to fall in love with the Prince/Shepherd Endymion. In a sense, they are both "Selene".
Back to top Go down
MoonieMeManga
Lotus Crystal

MoonieMeManga

Lotus Crystal

Title : Goddess Lunette

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th March 2013, 10:55 am

Ktenshi wrote:
*checks*

That's gotta be the weirdest line ever. Why 'Father' Sun? Why would she, if her husband was of the sun, would she refer to his place as Father Sun rather than The Sun?

This copy is from Norway, so I don't know if they have an older one It is from the Sailor Moon Collection 1. Yeah, because I started to wonder why she was saying that. By saying Father Sun, she can also be referring to her own father maybe? Or it is just some typo from the tranlation. It is in Volume 3, as I can remember. It says 2012 on the manga
Back to top Go down
https://www.goddesslunette.tumblr.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st March 2013, 3:25 am

MoonieMeManga wrote:
Ktenshi wrote:
*checks*

This copy is from Norway, so I don't know if they have an older one It is from the Sailor Moon Collection 1. Yeah, because I started to wonder why she was saying that. By saying Father Sun, she can also be referring to her own father maybe? Or it is just some typo from the tranlation. It is in Volume 3, as I can remember. It says 2012 on the manga

Mine is an older copy from Mixx and Tokyopop. So, that's probably why, though I wish we had a good trnanslation of it. (maybe Miss Dream's copy is better?)
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 4:48 pm

I always figured Queen Serenity was like the Virgin Mary and that Princess Serenity was the result of that Virgin Pregnancy^^
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th January 2015, 8:30 pm

i really wish we knew who Serenity's father was, actually question the senshi on tumblr has creates an OC for her father I love it, but my head canon is he either died or turned bad.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th June 2016, 8:25 pm

I like the idea (that I swear I saw somewhere on this forum) that Queen Serenity created Princess Serenity as an heir to the Moon Kingdom and Silver Crystal (and probably just a daughter to care for) at the Galaxy Cauldron. We literally see no mention of a father anywhere. Which just kinda makes you wonder who the heck Queen Serenity is and if the Silver Cyrtsal is even from the moon and stuff... Yeah, I've been thinking about this a lot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 8:25 pm

I kinda wish it was like what Uranus and others have mentioned that he is from another system and died in battle. Hopefully he didn't become wiseman.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 8:37 pm

I headcanon that PS was generated via the agency of the Silver Crystal and was granted life in much the same way that Diana was in the Wonder Woman.

I've theorized previously that Usagi has qualities of each of her guardian senshi and I suspect that this was no different in the time of Silver Millennium with Princess Serenity (I did a thread on the subject, though I don't think I quite resolved the issue of Venus as her body double if she had white hair during SM.). She would have been created with gifts and talents particular to each senshi, which explains their inexplicable bond with her (Think Sleeping Beauty).

As to QS's fairy wings, I'm not sure if that was part of her dress, or an extension of her body. If the latter, well it fits in with my theory that the residents of the Moon and other such planets weren't human, but rather humanoid immortals.

I do have to admit, Naoko threw us a curveball in the Dreams Arc with the introduction of Helios and Mamoru's Golden Crystal. I always accepted that he was a simple mortal, and lo and behold, he's something of a senshi with a priestly avatar in Helios.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime26th June 2016, 9:35 pm

^Taking what east02west pointed out about Mamoru having senshi like qualities, I can't imagine that king serenity-if queen serenity even needed to mate-would have been anything different. Considering that, at the core, the people of the moon weren't humans, they may not have needed to mate the same way. Perhaps princess serenity was immaculate, and queen serenity was impregnated after praying to the silver crystal/power of the moon for a child.

I think both are equally possible, anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th July 2016, 2:14 pm

I don't really have many theories on Serenity's father, but from my own little headcanons, here what I've gathered: He passed on the blond hair to his daughter, he and Queen Serenity were very much in love. He died before the Serenity met Endymion, and Nehellenia was somehow the cause of his death.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Serenity's family?   Theory: Serenity's family? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Serenity's family?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top