The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Which Musical To Watch First

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 9:49 am

Sailor Stars was made when the anime and manga were both still running so they couldn't use the end of the Stars arc in the original musical. Eien Densetsu musicals on the other side are both wrapped around Stars storyline and do have a 'final' end similar to the manga and anime Smile. Stars Kaiteban also has a more detailed end than the original summer musical ^^.
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 9:51 am

it was one of those like most summer musicals it didn't have a very good end so it seemed like there was a bit more to go.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 10:16 am

Oh, I see! Thank you; I'll check out Eien Densetsu next. <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 3:49 pm

I probably should have read this thread before deciding to watch the first musical (Dark Kingdom) for the first time, lol. It was quite painful for someone not used to it and it would have turned me off if I didn't know it got better (by reading so many people's comments about loving the later ones). It was so awkward and kind of embarrassing in places, the costumes & wigs aren't all that good and worst of all I think the pacing was way too slow. I'm curious; how long these musicals generally are? I watch them through Sera Myu antics and the videos don't have a timestamp so I've no idea how much time passed. Watching that first one I assumed it was like two and a half hours (it certainly felt like it) because that's how long western musicals generally are, but I think I read somewhere it was only one hour? It certainly felt like forever. And Sailor Moon's gigantic Cutie Moon Rod I just can't...

Tonight I finally watched the second one, and I must say I liked it a lot better (maybe it's also that I'm more used to it and know what to expect now). I wasn't as bored, I actually laughed (who else mistook that daimon egg for a watermelon? And Professor Tomoe, OMG) and even teared up a bit in places. Even if some of the embarrassing moments are still there, the acting/costumes are already much better in general. It still feels slow at times but less painful than the first one. Uranus and Neptune's appearance was a nice surprise. I was confused because they skipped the R arc and went straight to S (and there were some liberties taken) but in general it was nice. Another thing I notice it seems like in the musicals all the villains know the senshi's civilian identities... but then again they did it in PGSM too I guess.

I loved Chibiusa's performance though - she was awesome. I wish I could comment on the songs more, but hearing them once and so many one after another, it all kind of blurs together for me right now. Except of course I have to say I'm in love with La Soldier. I'm addicted to that song; I can see why it's the musicals' equivalent to Moonlight Densetsu. (I totally didn't notice it was also used in the anime until someone pointed it out to me. I thought it was a musical original).

Anyway, yes, I'll continue watching the rest of them in order, because my OCD can't deal with me doing otherwise. Hopefully soon I'll be able to talk about them more in depth with the rest of you ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 4:21 pm

White Moon Lady wrote:
I was confused because they skipped the R arc and went straight to S (and there were some liberties taken) but in general it was nice.
This is actually because the first musical began right at the end of the R season of the anime (hence the final battle in R using La Soldier as the song). The first musical is a sequel to the first season and with S kind of being in the spotlight anime wise by the time they got to the next musical, they went with the S story instead of being behind and doing R. The first musicals actually correspond with the anime and if certain parts of the anime has not been revealed yet, they will not reveal those characters. Hence why in some musicals we don't see all the seasons villains (like no Quartet in SuperS musical).

Hope that explains it!

I think you'll REALLY enjoy SuperS if you liked the Super musical. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 4:58 pm

Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen may seem somewhat gaudy when you watch it for the first time, especially if it is the first musical you watch, but it gets better once you have seen it. Dark Kingdom was, without the special footage in the beginning, about one hour long but the musicals get longer after Ai no Senshi he no Michi, usually reaching the mark of 2:20. The longest ones are about two and a half hours each.

They skipped the official R arc in the First Stage to keep up with the anime and manga and like Brit (Small Lady) mentioned, Dark Kingdom Fukkatsu Hen is a sequel to the first story arc. If you would like to see a musical based on the R arc, do check out Black Lady Kaiteban! By the way, La Soldier is a musical original song and it was actually played in the anime as a promotion which worked very well in the battle scene.

May I make few musical suggestions if you don't mind watching the musicals out of order? (Not counting in Miyuki's Dracul Myus as those must be watched in order)

If you want to continue the first stage and go with a Stars storyline based musical, check out Sailor Stars (Kaiteban or original) or Eien Densetsu Kaiteban. Instead, if you would like to see an original storyline musical, do check out Kaguyas or Last Dracul Jokyoku. Last Dracul actually uses partially same plot as Ai no Senshi he no Michi but does, in my opinion, work much better with it also adding a main storyline that is an original one. It is also the first one of the Dracul Myus and you may want to watch all three later ones after seeing the first one Smile.

Here are few song videos (Some are a bit spoiler-y) from the musicals I mentioned:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 6:22 pm

I will admit the Dark kingdome Musical is among my least favorite (prefer it to some other mainly the one's with the wannabe in them) but yea I think Tsuki (Sailor Neptune) and Brit (small Lady) pretty much directed you to the Myu's I would have (and no it has nothing to do with My Uranus being in most of them Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd September 2013, 6:26 pm

Ah right, I remember now that the first musical was supposed to happen after the Dark Kingdom arc. Hence the Cutie Moon Rod and all. But they still skipped the Black Moon clan villains, which I thought was a shame, but I do know they will appear later on because I've seen pictures of them. I'll get to them eventually Very Happy

Ooh, I didn't know that about La Soldier. I kind of assumed the appearance in the anime happened first without checking the timelines of the anime & musical. It does make more sense to be a musical original song since it's used so heavily.

I'll check out all those videos and think about whether I want to stick with my order or start skipping around ^_^ Thanks for all the useful info, guys!
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
EndlessDaylight
Pyramidal Crystal

EndlessDaylight

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd September 2013, 11:27 pm

Watching Yume Senshi - Ai - Eien ni... right now, 
Thanks for the guide, I was skeptical to watch the musicals from the few clips I have seen, and the fact that there are so many, I didnt know where to start,   but im really enjoying it,  how can you go wrong with circus performances
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime3rd September 2013, 11:30 pm

I started with Eien though a mugan clip pulled me into the series gotta love Nao for reasons.
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 7:46 am

I have a confession...

I've never watched any of the musicals. 

So, now that that is out there, what's the best way to go about watching them?  Is there a site that streams them?  Where do I even start?
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 8:15 am

I can send you some. If we ever can hang out i can just bring my harddrive!

Also:

Sailor Neptune wrote:
Direct Sera Myu Download and Youtube Links

Some of these links are for Youtube videos while some are direct downloads and uploaded videos. If someone prefers downloads more than Youtube videos I can search for direct download links for those.

First Stage:

Second Stage:

Third Stage:
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 5:15 pm

I'm going to watch the First Stage Sailor Moon S musical. I'll see how it is.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 9:44 pm

yah. so i took so long and finally started watching a myu xD i'm watching: Sailor Moon SuperS – Yume Senshi – Ai – Eien ni… Kaiteban – Saturn Fukkatsu Hen

so far i'm liking it :3
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 9:54 pm

that is a great Myu I gotta finish watching it
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 10:31 pm

i love it so far! the amazon trio are hilarious omg.
i just started on the dead moon's black dream song.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 10:32 pm

he he Hikari Ono's very first musical and the one that caused me to fall in love with her and Hawks eye I've watched that thing so many times.
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 10:37 pm

it's slowely becoming one of my favs. just the whole storyline is perfect. and the cast too. the cast in this one is amazing. and hawks eye is just making me stan him  Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 460415107 
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th September 2013, 11:13 pm

ha ha oh oh wait until you see Nao Takagi as Haruka OMG she was by far the BEST Uranus ever and when Yuhka joined the cast OMG it was the real life Haruka and Michiru OK yea done fangirling here off to fan girl in the Pure musical discussion thread.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 3:40 am

Halfway done through 1994 (S) and I admit that it's pretty amusing. Although nothing has really impressed me yet.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 5:40 am

THey get better in later musicals the earlier S musical we have recorded wasn't the greatest only being the third Myu (only the second recorded Myu) so yea I prefer Mugan a bit more because we had a full senshi cast (Pluto and Saturn not being in 94's S musical.) and I kinda prefer the cast in it a bit more. and you should check out a few of the original story lines either one of the four Kaguya musicals or the Dracul musicals (make sure to watch Dracul in order though that is very very important or you will get confused.) those were actually some of my favorites granted the Dracul musicals are a bit emotional I cry every time I watch them.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime18th September 2013, 7:10 am

Silence Wall wrote:
Halfway done through 1994 (S) and I admit that it's pretty amusing. Although nothing has really impressed me yet.
Also if you are wondering WHY they constantly fly on stage in that musical...well it was the first one to use that in it, so in Japanese fashion... ALL THE FLYING ACROSS STAGE. Very Happy They tone it down a bit towards the later ones. ^^
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th September 2013, 8:43 pm

should i be warned about the 1994 S musical then? XD is that a good one to watch?
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime19th September 2013, 9:06 pm

it's just don't go in expecting it to be the most impressive musical becaus they still had quit a bit to fix and work out in that one and yes all the flying. later on it gets to the point where Moon is the only person to fly across the stage.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 10:03 am

sunyeons wrote:
should i be warned about the 1994 S musical then? XD is that a good one to watch?
Yes, it's still good and has many memorable songs plus its the first musical to have Uranus and Neptune appear. But think of it as a better Dark Kingdom musical but still with kinks in it. Not as great and solid as SuperS but still good. ^^
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 1:11 pm

I agree with the thoughts that Brit has posted. Ai no Senshi is a good musical but I feel like they had not fully caught the basic essence of Sera Myu that was in the later musicals. Sorry for repeating myself but I think Last Dracul that used some of Ai no Senshi's elements made the plot more developed and much more solid than it originally was.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 1:16 pm

yes I agree with both Brit and Tsuki on that. and not to mention the impostors scene was way better (personal opinion though)
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 2:29 pm

I agree with you on that, Ari. The impostors scene in Last Dracul was one of the funniest moments of that Myu in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Musical To Watch First   Which Musical To Watch First - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Musical To Watch First

View previous topic View next topic Back to top