The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Advanced] Sol Marina

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

[Advanced] Sol Marina Empty
PostSubject: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime31st July 2018, 10:04 pm

[Advanced] Sol Marina GCE9OLg

Storyline Name: Sol Marina

Creator(s): Lyssarie and Ktenshi

Forum: Tokyo City

Advanced or Relaxed: Advanced

Plot Summary: The Black Moon Clan is causing chaos, fear, and destruction throughout Tokyo, and despite the inner senshi's best efforts, they can't be in several places at once. Unbeknownst to the inner senshi, Michiru Kaioh has also been fighting on her own, awakened as Sailor Neptune shortly after Rubeus began attacking the city at various points. Alone, Michiru has learned how to harness the power of the seas and use it to protect her city and the ones she loves, but not even her superior powers are strong enough to defend against Saphir. To her surprise, Michiru runs into Sailor Sol, who is also struggling to defend against Saphir's superior minions on her own. Although they are unlikely partners with very opposite abilites, Michiru and Sailor Sol, also known as Tamika, find a way to coincide amongst their differences and build off of each other's strengths. Not only that, but they create a lasting friendship strong enough to overcome any enemy, regardless of what the Black Moon Clan may throw their way.

Details on any necessary information: This roleplay takes place during the Black Moon Arc of Sailor Moon. For storyline purposes, Michiru awakens as a sailor soldier during this time, but the inner senshi have no idea of her existence. Tamika will be in her Heroic form, and will hopefully reach her Valiant level by the end of the roleplay.

Restrictions: Only Michiru and Tamika are playable characters in this roleplay. All other characters will be NPC.

OOC Thread: Discord

Member to Character List:
Sailor Neptune - Lyssarie
Sailor Sol - Ktenshi
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime5th August 2018, 5:20 pm

[Advanced] Sol Marina C41d6mj

The breeze felt cool on Michiru's skin as she leaned against the bleachers on her high school football field. The skirt of her uniform billowed around her knees, and she couldn't imagine how the track team could run against such strong winds. She watched from the shadows as one particular athlete left all of her teammates in the dust, running as if the wind carried her instead of pushed against her. This is how Michiru spent almost every afternoon, watching the track-star Haruka Tenoh run after things that only she could see. There was nothing Michiru longed for more than to know what Haruka was chasing after - or running from. 

In her hand, Michiru clutched her henshin rod, her thumb running along the edges of the Neptune shape. She hated doing this alone, and she wished she could fight by Haruka's side like she had during the Silver Millennium. But that wasn't meant to be - not in this life. No matter how much she missed her, Michiru needed to let Haruka live her life free to chase the wind.

The sea began to roar in Michiru's ears, and she turned her head towards the sound. Not another one, she thought to herself, wishing with all of her heart that she didn't have to do this alone. But she knew there was no escaping her destiny, and with a heavy heart, she began to run. 

She arrived on the scene, just outside of the Crown Arcade, where a monster was wreaking havoc on the arcade's inhabitants. From her hiding spot within an alley's shadows, Michiru transformed into Sailor Neptune. She watched for a few moments, noticing the monster's movements and attacks, before running into battle. 

"Halt!" she shouted, standing regally with one hand on her hip. "As protector of this city and guardian of the seas, I cannot allow you to create chaos and disruption here. In the name of Neptune, prepare to die!"

The monster cackled and began to sprint towards her at an incredible speed - so fast that Neptune could feel the blades of its arms snipping the ends of her hair as she dove out of the way. She rolled and stood, only to see the monster coming at her again. It was too fast - how would she ever find time to attack?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime5th August 2018, 6:29 pm

To be frank, Tamika Solen had woken up one morning, gone to school, kicked the butts of some thieves, and returned home with her guardian animal Tesni expecting to catch Jeopardy on the old behemoth that her grandma called a tv that sat with a nice lacy white clothe doily on top of it in the middle of their living room.  In fact, she had been planning what she would snack on just as she collected the mail and saw the one envelope she hadn't thought she'd ever see in her lifetime.

Her mouth dropped.   Beside her, the tiny sunbear- which was often mistaken for a teddy bear or an unfortunate shaped cat- stared up in concern.

"What is it?" Tesni asked, pawing at her leg.

"Holy-!" Tamika didn't even pay her any attention when she hurried inside, nearly colliding with a cousin, to the kitchen where her grandma was cooking dinner.  "Grandma! Look!"  

In big bold letters, it was clear to anyone that had gathered into the kitchen to see what the ruckus was:

Tamika had won her school district's contest.  She wasn't just a winner, but a grand prize winner that got to go across seas to Japan for an exchange program up to three months.  It was a chance of a lifetime- and not one she was going to waste!

It was exciting.  A new country, a new place, with different air and people all around her.  Once she checked into her hotel with the other winners from across the States, she had hurried off to explore by herself, with Tesni tucked in her backpack as she hurried off. Blissfully unaware she couldn't read anything on any signs until it was too late.

After about an hour of turning down roads that branched off to small streets, and then getting turned around again by misunderstanding a sign or two, Tamika wished she hadn't won now.

"Who knew there were so many ways to get lost here?"  She complained, slightly pouting, to her guardian.  "I swear, next time, I'm going for some other place where I can read better."

"Who's fault was that?" Tesni chirped from her backpack, "If you had only-"

Even as the bear spoke, Tamika felt a sudden chill go down her spine that had nothing to do with the cold. Evil.  Something vile was in this busy city, she could just feel it!

"Enemies? Here?"  She worried her lower lip, but followed the feeling. "Do you think they're from-?"

Tesni shook her head, "No. This is different. It feels different."

"Wonderful."  Tamika ran now, her white sandals smacked hard against the concrete sidewalk as she hurried to the source.  "I thought this was a vacation!"

"You don't get a vacation from being a Sailor soldier, Tammy!" Tesni told her.

"We should!"

But the point was mote when they came across the creature- and another Sailor soldier?  Not that they didn't know there were others, it was just that neither her or her guardian thought they would ever meet another one in real life!  For a moment, Tamika was spellbound watching the other girl confront the creature and then dodge the attack.

"What are you doing?" Tesni yelled at her, "Help her!"

"Wha- right!" With the spell broken, she raised her hand to transform into her heroic alter-ego: Sailor Sol.

Without a second thought, she held up her Royal Sol Scepter, hoping to gods she got the aim right as she called out her attack:

"Solar Lovely Trance!"  From the tip of the scepter, a ball of light appeared shaped like a sun and launched itself through the air towards the monster that was about to attack Sailor Neptune again.  Sailor Sol hoped against hope that the thing would hit but there was truly no telling with this. Like all her attacks up until this point, it could be blocked or absorbed.

Last edited by Ktenshi on 5th August 2018, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to correct spelling.)
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 11:20 am

For a while there, Neptune seriously thought she might lose this fight. All she could do was dodge the monster as it charged her again and again, as if it had an unlimited energy supply. She couldn't examine it for weaknesses, she couldn't even stop to blink. All she could do was dodge, and hope that somehow this thing would slip up. 

A shout from nearby caught Neptune's attention, and she dared turn her head for just one second. Thankfully, the monster's attention was diverted too, but not fast enough. To avoid being hit by the blast of magic, Neptune dove as far away from the monster as she could, rolling on the pavement before swiftly rising onto one knee. The screams of agony from the monster told her that the attack had landed, and the threat had been eradicated. But who had helped her?

Instantly, Neptune eyed another sailor soldier - one she hadn't seen before. Rising, but not moving towards her, Neptune stared. She seemed to glow with power and strength, but it was obvious she was not from Japan. Her dark skin was evidence enough of that - so where had she come from? Another country? Another planet? And why was she here?

"Who are you?!" Neptune shouted, her voice cold and smooth. "Why have you come?" The time for graciousness would come later - after she determined if this woman really was a friend or foe.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime7th August 2018, 2:26 pm

Sailor Sol lowered her scepter as the creature was utterly defeated. She sighed deeply, "Good. I made it in time."

She turned to the unknown soldier, tilting her head just a bit as the other spoke. A frown bloomed across her lips. Leaning to one side, she rested her scepter on her right shoulder, holding it with her left ad on her hip. Her face steadily became the look of annoyance at the other's words.

"Bit rude, ain't'cha?" She muttered, feeling miffed that she went through all that trouble to help this kid and now, somehow, she was the bad guy? "Last time I do a good turn for anyone."

That's when it dawned on her. Eyes widened a fraction as she looked to Tesni, "I can understand her! But- how?"

Tesni sighed deeply, wishing her charge paid more attention. "It's a Sailor Soldier thing. Normally, if you were exposed to a different planet's culture first, everything would've translated for you but.." The tiny sunbear did the very odd human looking thing as to stand on her back legs and gesture with her right fore-paw at the other, "You're not on a different planet, merely a different culture and also because she's a soldier too, she can understand you perfectly as well. "

"Weird." Sailor Sol commented, her left gloved hand stroked her chin in thought, "Suppose' it makes sense, I guess and all but-Wait." She turned her eyed towards the other Soldier, orange eyes narrowing slightly, " You're super rude! I could've just let the monster eat you, you know? Most people would be actually grateful!"

"Tammy!" Tesni hissed, " She is doing her job, you know."

"Hmph!" She pointed her scepter at her, ignoring her guardian, "In fact, I should be asking you that question! Earth is under my protection, noodles. So, you better tell me who you are!"

Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime9th August 2018, 9:39 pm

Neptune's face remained stone-still, her eyes watching this girl' every move. Perhaps she was being a little unorthodox towards someone who had quite-possibly just saved her life, but she couldn't take any chances these days. Not when she was fighting alone.The girl's comments went in one ear and out the other, doing nothing to affect Neptune's resolve.

She noticed the weird...bear?...that seemed to be communicating with the woman, and almost dropped her guard. Who on Earth was this girl?

"You aren't from here," the soldier of grace said, her eyes narrowing accusingly. "This is my country, not yours - so who are you and why are you here?" She repeated her question slower, more defiantly, making sure to emphasize each word in a way that showed she wasn't going to ask again.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime11th August 2018, 5:01 pm

The immediate urge to flip her off was powerful and overwhelming. This-this- NOODLE BRAIN was going to demand an answer? From her? Her-who was once empress and -

"Tam." Tesni sighed deeply and pawed at her leg, " For the love of Sol, just tell her who you are, already! We don't have time to be-Wait, what are you doing?" The sunbear flailed as Sailor Sol bent down and scooped her up. "Tam!"

"Hmph, I don't have to tell her anything. She's an ungrateful brat!" Sailor Sol announced, turning, " Besides, I need to get back to my hotel."

"Tam, you don't even how how to read their words." Tesni sighed deeply, "She could help. Just, you know, swallow that pride, will you?"

Sailor Sol would rather eat black licorice first. So, she marched away, all the while ignoring her guardian's protests to be nicer and talk to the girl. She doubted they'd meet again. Even if they did, it wouldn't make them any nicer to each other. As she walked off she glanced up at the signs, remembering what her guardian had said. She couldn't read not a lick of any of it or made heads or tails of the road signs either. Grudgingly, she realized she'd be far more lost than she was previously, and would definitely never find her hotel again at this rate.

She hated admitting that Tesni was right. Especially, when she was mad. So, by her tenth step away she turned around again, abruptly, and marched back to say, "I'm only saying this because I don't know how the trains work."

Her cheeks heated but she thanked the gods for dark enough skin to hide it. "I don't like you, but if you must know, I'm Sailor Sol." Maybe she shouldn't feel a little pleasure in what she said next feeling a bit petty. "Once, Empress of the Solar System."

Not that it meant much, but it's the only thing she had to feel good about at the moment. She really did hate dealing with rude people.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime14th August 2018, 10:16 pm

Neptune almost dropped her jaw when the little teddy bear told her what appeared to be the senshi's true identity. That took...an unbelievable amount of confidence and trust. For a second, Neptune's guard was completely let-down, and she just had a look of utter shock on her face. But that look was completely wiped away by the next comment from Tam, and replaced with one of anger and offense. 

"I beg your pardon!" she huffed, tossing her hair over her shoulder with the flick of her head. She stood there, fuming, as Sailor Sol marched off. There was so much going on in her head in that moment that Neptune didn't even know what to think or do about this whole situation. She was determined to at least watch her until she was out of sight, but yet again to her surprise, Sailor Sol turned back.

This girl sure was full of surprises, to say the least. 

Michiru straightened her shoulders and arched her back, her poise and elegance finally returning. She was slightly alarmed to hear that this woman was the Empress of the Solar System, because that was not really something she had ever heard before. Perhaps is was before even her time during the Silver Millennium? Regardless, this woman had just revealed more information to her than was expected, and for that, Neptune chose to trust her for now. Perhaps it would be nice to have someone to fight with?

"I don't have much tolerance for you, either," Neptune remarked, maintaining her composure. "I am Sailor Neptune, protector of the planet Neptune and guardian of grace and deep waters."
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime16th August 2018, 1:36 pm

"Good gods," Sailor Sol muttered, " She has a speech. Do they all have speeches?"  She looked down at the sunbear, whom was trying to wiggle down from her grasp.  She sighed and set the animal down, then looked about.  Maybe it was a cultural thing?  

Then again, she's never met other Sailor Soldiers before now, so that could also be it.  Her brows knitted, wondering if it was some kind of education she was missing as part of her training that she didn't get. If it was, she couldn't say if it was for the best to not have known it was a thing.  

Tesni chose to speak to Sailor Neptune, her little bear body balanced perfectly on her hind legs which was probably a bit discerning to some how human-like her movements were.  "Ah, a princess of Neptune then." The bear gave a toothy smile, "My how times have changed.  Please, do forgive my charge. She hasn't been around others like yourself." She gestured with a paw then pointed to herself, "I'm Tesni, guardian and adviser to Sailor Sol as well as a former adviser to the Empress of the Solar Empire. I do help that we can temporarily depend upon you for a bit of help?"

The bear elbowed Sailor Sol in the shin, getting the girl's attention.  Sol scowled a bit at the bear, not entirely happy about it. She exhaled softly through her nose, then finally smiled- just a bit to show she wasn't as hostile as before. Unless Noodle-brains does something annoying. She thought to herself.

"I just need to figure out how to get back to my hotel." Sailor Sol said, "That's all. We might not even see each other after today." One could hope. Maybe this was just a fluke and they would never speak again and forget that the other exists in the coming months.

She's not sure why she felt eager to go back on her own. Maybe it was because she was just used to it being her and Tesni that anyone else was considered extra? It was a thought- one she banished and told herself she wasn't being irrational and just wanted a good vacation.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime24th August 2018, 10:48 am

Sailor Neptune was still a little...offput...by the talking teddy bear. She didn't doubt that creatures like this existed - she had powers, for heaven's sake - but it was still quite a lot to take in. There was still much about her past life during the Silver Millennium missing from her memory. Perhaps the existence of this "Tesni" and its so-called "Empress" were some of the missing pieces. 

"Of course," Neptune said, "What is the name of the hotel you're looking for?" She was ready to be alone so that she could relax and gather her thoughts about all of tonight's events, but part of her didn't want to part ways just yet. After all of this time of working alone and wishing she could awaken her closest partner, it was nice to have someone to, at the very least, talk to. And by the looks of it, she was no where near capable of handling these new enemies by herself. She was one of the most powerful of the solar system senshi out there, but something about these enemies told her she couldn't do it alone.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime5th September 2018, 5:08 am

Sol sighed inwardly.  She was doing this, wasn't she? Not that she had much choice in the matter, after all she really couldn't make heads or tails of the signs and she felt that this person was the closest one in understanding her.  So, she'd just have to do it this way then.  Besides, it wasn't that bad, was it?  The other soldier was being a bit nicer, so that was a plus. 

She could forgive it, couldn't she?

Sol's mind was so distracted that when Tesni patted her leg to get her attention again.  Oh, right, her hotel.

"It's something like Lunar Black Hotel?" She tilted her head, " I heard it was newly finished this year. It's a great place, but I can't seem to find my way back to it."  Her stomach growled loudly, causing the girl to blush a bit. "And, some food would be great- if you know any good places?"

They could do this. Be civil and nice.   As a show of faith, she let her transformation go and stretched a bit. "And while we're being chummy, can you explain who the heck that monster was? It didn't look like any creature I've ever come across. Also, are you the only one awoke here or are there others?"

She knew she was asking a lot of the other, but it was something she wanted to know. Especially if there were others.  Mostly because she definitely didn't want to be surprised by some mini skirt wearing girl while trying to eat some noodles in peace. Which actually happened before but that had been a monster wearing the mini skirt trying to kill her.   She winced at the memory of that and still mourned the loss of that dish.  The Soup had been divine. 

Such a waste. 

Still, she hoped this girl would be of some help.  "What's your name? You probably already know mine, thanks to the blabbermouth that's Tes."

"Hey!" The tiny bear frowned, " I was trying to be friendly. You know, that thing you're supposed to do."
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime8th September 2018, 11:56 am

Neptune's brows knit together as she tried to recall the hotel Sol mentioned. Then it dawned on her: "Ah! That one is actually rather close to my apartment. How about we get something to eat, then walk together to the hotel? We'll make it my treat, as thanks for your help and as apology for my behavior. I've been alone all this time, you see. There are other senshi, but...they are a bit weaker than myself, and I can't be bothered pulling their weight."

The aqua-haired woman was surprised when Sol let her transformation go, revealing her true identity as if it were no big deal. Neptune was slightly taken aback at this sign of trust. It took her a moment, but after looking around to make sure they were alone, Neptune let go of her transformation and performed a quick, polite bow. "I am Kaioh Michiru. In all honesty, I have never fought an enemy such as that one before. Usually, I can handle an enemy on my own, but that one was different. If you hadn't come, I'm not sure what would have happened. The seas are roaring, I'm afraid - something big is coming."
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime16th September 2018, 3:12 pm

Ah, they were finally getting somewhere!  So, there were others but they were weaker?  Her brows rose in thought at that and considered how she- this Michiru- was fighting by herself and was considered the strongest... It would be best not to bother them in her view too.  They probably needed more time to mature, she'd guess, considering how it all seemed to work out here. 

"That's great!" Tamika smiled at her and then picked up the little bear, holding Tesni securely in her arms, "And kinda lucky that it's so close by where you live."   Glancing one way then another she tilted her head slightly, "So, which way do we do, Michiru?"

She had forgotten, of course, cultural customs of the land in so much that it would seem rude to call someone by their first name. Maybe it was because they were both of a similar age- though she guessed she might be a little older than her companion- that it felt like being formal was more bothersome than not.  Besides, she's trying to be friendly and make friends here. 

"I don't know if there are any Sailor Soldiers in my own homeland." She said with a thoughtful expression, "Then again, the States is pretty huge.  Who knows who's there?"

Her brows rose a bit, "Do you always make water metaphors?"
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime16th September 2018, 4:33 pm

Michiru was slightly surprised by the informality in Tamika's speech - it had been a long time since someone had last addressed her by her first name - but she chose to let it slide. If this girl was from America like she said, it would make sense for her not to be extremely familiar with the customs in Japan. She gave Tamika and her bear a polite smile and began to walk towards the hotel. "This way," she said.

"I never really considered that there could be sailor senshi in countries other than Japan. I suppose that's a rather ethnocentric way of thinking, but Sailor Moon and her senshi are all over the media here. It becomes hard to imagine that there could be more going on outside of Japan. We are here claiming to be saving the world from deadly threats, when you may be doing the exact same thing with an entirely new set of enemies on the other side of the world."

Michiru's head was spinning with this new way of thinking. It was a little shameful that she hadn't even considered the rest of the world's problems while she was here fighting enemies. But what more could she do than fight the problems presented to her? The rest of the world wasn't her responsibility.

Or was it?

She squared her shoulders, pulling herself out of her thoughts. She gave a small laugh at Tamika's question, bringing her fingers to her lips politely. "It's not a metaphor," she began to explain, "I have an affinity for the seas surrounding Japan. I can hear the tides rise and fall, I can feel the waves crashing on the shore. Usually, the seas become restless when trouble is near, and I'm afraid this is the loudest they've ever been."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Sol Marina   [Advanced] Sol Marina I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Sol Marina

View previous topic View next topic Back to top