The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Select the RP summary you find most interesting!
Entry A
April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_vote_lcap25%April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Entry F
April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_vote_lcap75%April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! Empty
PostSubject: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 7:38 am

April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! FzDZwZT

For the April 2018 contest, Storyline Storytime we have a tie! Please help us select one winner!

How do I vote for the tiebreaker of this contest?

Look at the wonderful qualifying entries:
Entry A (Sailor Moon category)

Entry A (Sailor Moon category) wrote:
Setting: 20th century Tokyo
Major Conflict: Usagi is babysitting Chibiusa when the two get into a fight over which tv show to watch, each wrestling the other for the almighty remote. Before she knows it, Usagi's lost the remote - and her engagement ring in the tussle!
Minor Conflict(s): Not only does Usagi have to deal with a chiding Chibiusa, but she's prone to bursting into tears at the thought of losing Mamochan's precious gift. The only solution is to tear apart the house! Things only get hairier when her friends arrive and mistake her missing ring as a sign of trouble in paradise, or in Seiya's case, as an open shot...
Goal: After some tight-lipped questions and thinly veiled panic, misunderstandings are cleared up and the house is turned upside down as everyone searches. Usagi must dodge Seiya's advances while keeping bratty Chibiusa in line, and when the two discover the ring together, it seems all will be forgiven. Each girl reaches for the dazzling gem at the same moment - and the sisterly fighting begins again.
Genre/Type: Comedic and lighthearted

Entry F (Sailor Moon category)

Entry F (Sailor Moon category) wrote:
Title: Runaways
Setting: Tokyo City (AU), end of Stars, 90's Anime version
Major Conflict: Haruka and Michiru were dead. The last of her friends were dead. Mamoru... was dead. She had never been one to run from a fight, but when Seiya suggested it, when Sailor Star Fighter started to pull her away, when Star Healer and Star Maker agreed it was the right thing to do - that they could live to fight another day, to come up with a better strategy, that they could still figure out how to win and get everyone back - she believed them. Whether it was shock or not, she went with them, and the five of them - Eternal Sailor Moon, the Sailor Starlights, and Sailor Chibichibi - escaped Earth minutes before Sailor Galaxia destroyed it.
They had just left the Solar System when the immense pain overwhelmed her, when she curled up in a ball mid-flight, her wings wrapping around her, attempting to calm and soothe the overwhelming anguish in her heart as the cries of so many people who had depended on her echoed through her soul. The Starlights protected her, whispered words of comfort, their own shame somewhat lessened in sharing how they had dealt with that pain when they had left their world giving chase to their own Princess.
It will fade, they lie, knowing it only faded when it was out of mind. It will get better, they mislead, knowing it only got better when there was a clear purpose before them. They had focused on finding Kakyuu; now, their focus was... what? 
They took shelter on a wandering world, a planet without a star, caught in the gravitational pull of the galaxy without any light or energy from a guardian star. They recuperated and rested, they dressed their wounds, sustaining themselves on their planetary energy. The Earth was destroyed, not the Moon. Planet Kinmoku destroyed, not their empty, guardian worlds. They were still Senshi and were afforded the life energy of their celestial body. Guilt wracked Sailor Moon, but the Starlights were there for their new Princess, the Hope of the Galaxy, and once they were fully rested, they did what they knew best: they kept running. 
Planet to planet, they ran, always one step ahead of Galaxia, who still sought out the Silver Crystal, not knowing where they would go or what they would do when they got there. They didn't know how to win, and with every planet she destroyed, Galaxia was slowly rebuilding her army of Sailor Animates.
Finally (down the line of the rp) either ChibiChibi steps up and tells them about the Galaxy Cauldron, or ChibiChibi doesn't say anything about it, and the quintet travel until they are cornered, and face the final battle one more time.
Minor Conflict(s): 
• Moon and Fighter - Usagi's feelings for Seiya teeter on the edge of romance, but with Mamoru's death hanging heavily over her, can she actually embrace them?
• Healer, Maker, and ChibiChibi - something is off about this kid. They still don't know who she is and what she's there for; they won't do anything to her, but she's a constant source of suspicion, especially after she makes a comment that isn't just "chibichibi."
Goal: 
• (All versions): Run away! Live on different worlds, experience some world building, some angst, and then run to the next one! What new Sailor Animates will rise to face them? How many will they have to kill or attempt to heal before it's all over? Will Moon become less sensitive to the idea of fighting a fellow Senshi? 
• (Ending Option A): Get Chibi Chibi talking, go to the Galaxy Cauldron, and live out the manga ending MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
• (Ending Option B): Get cornered on a world by Galaxia and her new crew and either die wonderfullyyyy OR go through with the original anime ending on this far-out planet!
• (End end?) Will Earth be restored? Or will it be a big reset for the entire Galaxy? Will ChibiChibi disappear at some point because the timelines differ so much now? dundundun
Genre/Type: Internal/Mental/Emotional struggle
Please, don't vote for your own entry!
Vote in the poll!

Important Dates
Tiebreaker voting begins: Tuesday, May 1
Tiebreaker voting ends: Thursday, May 3
Winner announced: Friday, May 4
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 9:30 am

Wow this is hard! I'm sad I missed out on the first vote cause a lot of those ideas were really good. :O Good luck to everyone! Maybe we'll see these ideas flesh out one day?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 10:15 am

voted as well liked them both
Back to top Go down
Prince Triton
Pyramidal Crystal

Prince Triton

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 11:37 am

Now that's better! They are both good but I am relieved to have a clear favourite now
Back to top Go down
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Arkas

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 4:27 pm

Oh, still such awesome choices! But I shave made a decision, and I've voted.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime1st May 2018, 4:52 pm

Voted!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime11th May 2018, 8:35 am

Thanks to everyone who helped with the tiebreaker!

The winner has been announced in the original thread!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!   April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

April 2018: Storyline Storytime Contest - Tiebreaker Voting!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top