The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door Empty
PostSubject: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 8:35 am

Talking to Tyler last night he came up with a great question: what does Sailor Pluto actually do while guarding the space time door, and how does time work in this space?

My answer was that it's mentioned often that she's lonely, and if I'm remembering correctly, in Crystal she's shown sort of "looking through time" and seeing events occur, implying that she has some sort of ability to observe time through a sort of portal but not participate.

As for how time works, I'm just not sure. Does Setsuna control the flow of time in this space? So is she, for example allowing Usagi & Co to move around/interact with the space? Could she "pause" them at any moment?

What does she do in there? The space itself is outside of time, but does that mean Setsuna never ages or feels fatigue, hunger? Does she ever sleep? Play solitaire?

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 8:54 am

From what I understand, she's supposed to stop folks (...like the Black Moon Clan) from time-traveling. That was always my interpretation of her "guardian" position. I never felt like she could control the flow of time (especially since the time stop ability kills her when she uses it). I think that she can observe it, to some degree, and that is why she feels like she "knows" the others but is destined to be separate from them. I don't think she ages or has bodily function needs (hunger/sleep/etc.).

I think she probably watches various sections of space-time the way some people watch daytime soap operas.

Solitaire might be more intellectually stimulating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 9:22 am

i thought she was like connected to it..like if she left she would die or something...like when she saved neptune and uranus from the helicopter
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 9:43 am

Sportsnutd wrote:
i thought she was like connected to it..like if she left she would die or something...like when she saved neptune and uranus from the helicopter

IIRC in the anime, she also stopped time at that point, which is why she died (since they did not have her do so in the R season).

Pluto definitely doesn't control time willingly and freely. She has some abilities like time stop but as Mercury mentioned, that's one of the taboos and it causes her death. I also think Setsuna is a different entity from the Pluto we are initially introduced to (in the manga, I think in the anime it's different since her story changes quite a bit). Since in the manga, she is reborn into the present timeline thanks to NQS.

However, the Pluto up until that point I believe is more like what Mercury said. She can watch and see, even have visitors (as we know NQS and Small Lady visited her), but is more just to prevent people from time-travelling. This is why she attacks Sailor Moon when Chibiusa brings her to the future. Whats sad is how alone she must've been before the NQS took the throne and even then she was still alone but at least she could see and talk to the people she was supposed to protect.
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 10:23 am

I generally agree with what Brit and Mercury are saying, but I do have a follow up question... If she experiences time normally and cannot control it, but can watch over it, why would she not immediately recognize Sailor Moon? I feel like, especially given Pluto's personality, she would definitely be watching over the Senshi during all of their battles, even if she could not help, and, if she were, it seems odd that she would attack Sailor Moon, even if she weren't with Chibiusa.

Possibly a more important question here though, is this: Is the Pluto we meet in R existing in the 30th century or the 20th? Based off her interactions with Chibiusa, I would say she is the 30th century Pluto. But then, what is 20th century Pluto doing? If we assume she is also at the Space Time Door, since she has been there since the Silver Millennium, why, when using the Space Time Key in the 20th century, would you not meet the 20th century Pluto at the Space Time Door?
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime20th March 2018, 11:59 am

Again, this is only personal conjecture: I think that they meet 30th century Pluto because it's Chibi Usa's Space Time Key stolen from the 30th century and used by Chibi Usa, resident of the 30th century who met 30th century Sailor Pluto. I think we're staying in Chibi Usa's "ribbon" of space-time, so to speak.

On this same note, I think she attacks Sailor Moon because a) it's foggy in there! and b) she's 30th century Sailor Pluto with current references to Neo Queen Serenity, King Endymion, and Chibi Usa. She might think "Sailor Moon" is an impostor or traitor because "Sailor Moon" doesn't belong in the 30th century. I vaguely recall a mention that even royalty are not allowed to time travel, so it's not totally out of character for Pluto to attack even though this is someone you would think would recognize a past form of the current ruler.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door   Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about Sailor Pluto and the Space Time Door

View previous topic View next topic Back to top