The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Moonlight Dreaming
Lotus Crystal

Moonlight Dreaming

Lotus Crystal

Title : ----tv static----

Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) Empty
PostSubject: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime30th May 2017, 9:01 am

It's possible to make site bumpers without Photoshop CC. And with this tutorial I will show you how!

1. Create a 100x100 file in photoshop (you already know this xD).
  2. Get an image. I grabbed this one off mangastyle: http://mangastyle.net/images/artbook1/sailormoon-artbook-1-12-13.jpg. Don't paste it yet!
  3. Create a rounded rectangle with a radius of 10px and size of 85x85px. Color does not matter.Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) 4hmZbbg
  4. Create a 20x27 rectangle (in the same color you used for the rounded one to make it much easier) and put it on the top left corner, replacing the rounded spot. Do the same for the bottom right corner. After this, Left click on any layer and select merge visible.
    Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) GKeoOXL
  5. Now for the fun part! Copy the image you want, paste it, adjust it or whatever, and add a clipping mask. Right click your pasted image, and a menu should appear, click on "create clipping mask". For mine,  I sharpened the image and used a PSD a friend gave me.

6. Now add a stroke to the merged rectangle. Set it to 2px, and choose a color that matches your image.
    Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) EtYNQUL
  7. Now add text! I used Handy (which you can get on Dafont.com) at 8px, a stroke of 1px, and I turned the anti-aliasing to none. The anti-aliasing option has two letter case a's in front of it, one bolded.Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) MGnaF8u
  8. Save the image as a png and here you are! Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) SQH73rV

If I made anything confusing or you need extra help, reply!
Back to top Go down
Kaolinite
Lotus Crystal

Kaolinite

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Kaolinite

PostSubject: Re: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime30th May 2017, 4:31 pm

Thank you for creating this! It's really easy to understand and follow ^___^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime30th May 2017, 6:21 pm

Excellent contribution! this will be added to the master post =)
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime31st May 2017, 7:30 am

Great Tut! And I really like the result. Razz
Back to top Go down
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime31st May 2017, 12:51 pm

Great job on this tutorial !
Going to try this right nowXD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)   Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creating a bumper in photoshop (alternate, cs6)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top