The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FateCentauri
Star Seed

FateCentauri

Star Seed

Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects Empty
PostSubject: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:50 pm

Just thought it might be interesting to see some discussion about fan episodes and... well, season 6 projects. I know a couple of members here have their own projects like that in the works (Good luck!).

Where do you guys think fan episodes fit as works done by fans and for fans? A respectful way of telling new stories like some fanfics manage, or does it cross a line somewhere into being disrespectful to the original source material?

What are some groups that are currently active in producing their new episodes? There's always Sacrifice, which has produced a full length episode, and Essence, which has released several mini episodes (but are recovering from computer failure last I heard).

I'd enjoy hearing what everyone thinks!
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 11:49 am

The anime for me, always felt incomplete. I have watched the anime serveral times and by the time I get to the final episode of Stars, I'm still looking for more as to feeling that the last episode created "an end" to the series. That's probably one of the reasons why I think fanseasons (especially for Sailor Moon) are so popular because I don't believe I am alone in this thought process.

As for the stories behind fanseasons and such, I am a strong supporter that a fanseason should follow suit to the original series and fall after Galaxia. There are some fanseasons that I question this because it seems that the fanseason has taken a completely opposite direction of where the anime ended.

Unfortunately though most projects fall under, never making it to their first episodes. This is completely understandable because 1) the people who are doing this are not getting paid so they are donating their free time to work on a project that will never make them any money and 2) a short supply on resources. I know this from experience because I worked with routevenus for a short time trying to help her with her fanseason project, Dark Serenity. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to spend any more time on the project and the project went under. So time and resources are very precious to those who are working on a fanseason for any series.

There are other projects around though even though Sailor Moon Sacrifice is the one of the few that has been successful with a first episode (there is another one I have seen but the quality wasn't that great). But here are a few that I have been keeping an eye on as these are still active people in the fanseason genre of Sailor Moon:

Sailor Moon Sacrifice - KaosuStudio
Sailor Moon Hanasuki - Ivi MoOn Studios
Sailor Moon Hikari - Ciozite
Sailor Moon Eclipse - LunaOsa *huggles*
Sailor Moon: Strings of Fate - projectFATE (Mine ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 11:50 am

(Aqua too busy to find time to start her fanfic) Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects 3050727640
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 12:22 pm

Aquarii wrote:
(Aqua too busy to find time to start her fanfic) Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects 3050727640

*huggles Aquarii* I sooooooo know that feeling! I litterally need a second me to handle my load at times - lol
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 12:37 pm

I was watching a fan season called Sailor Moon Universe. They got an episode out, but they had issues within their group. They made a turn around for their project and were able to make a new episode one, but sadly that was it. I haven't seen anything from them in a long time.

Clemory? I probably spelled his youtube name wrong anyway he is making a comic/animated season 6. The transfomations and attacks will be animated while the rest will be in comic form. I think that's a really cool idea and his animations for transformations and attacks are really pretty.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 12:45 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Clemory? I probably spelled his youtube name wrong anyway he is making a comic/animated season 6. The transfomations and attacks will be animated while the rest will be in comic form. I think that's a really cool idea and his animations for transformations and attacks are really pretty.

I know who you are talking about ^^ I really love his ideas behind his transformations and attacks but he has been having a lot of issues recently with art thieves.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:53 pm

Really? Man I feel sorry for him.
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 1:54 pm

Paprika wrote:
The anime for me, always felt incomplete. I have watched the anime serveral times and by the time I get to the final episode of Stars, I'm still looking for more as to feeling that the last episode created "an end" to the series. That's probably one of the reasons why I think fanseasons (especially for Sailor Moon) are so popular because I don't believe I am alone in this thought process.

As for the stories behind fanseasons and such, I am a strong supporter that a fanseason should follow suit to the original series and fall after Galaxia. There are some fanseasons that I question this because it seems that the fanseason has taken a completely opposite direction of where the anime ended.

Unfortunately though most projects fall under, never making it to their first episodes. This is completely understandable because 1) the people who are doing this are not getting paid so they are donating their free time to work on a project that will never make them any money and 2) a short supply on resources. I know this from experience because I worked with routevenus for a short time trying to help her with her fanseason project, Dark Serenity. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to spend any more time on the project and the project went under. So time and resources are very precious to those who are working on a fanseason for any series.

There are other projects around though even though Sailor Moon Sacrifice is the one of the few that has been successful with a first episode (there is another one I have seen but the quality wasn't that great). But here are a few that I have been keeping an eye on as these are still active people in the fanseason genre of Sailor Moon:

Sailor Moon Sacrifice - KaosuStudio
Sailor Moon Hanasuki - Ivi MoOn Studios
Sailor Moon Hikari - Ciozite
Sailor Moon Eclipse - LunaOsa *huggles*
Sailor Moon: Strings of Fate - projectFATE (Mine ^^)

Very Happy *huggles back* Thanks lol. We are also currently doing an english fandub of sailor moon which is in the works. The reason is that SME is gonna take a LONG time to make xD So I figured why not dub the series while we are doing this. That way people can get used to their voices and it also gives us something to do. Recently, we got a new channel. I will put up the link. Later, I can add more projects to your list. I'm on youtube all the time and I am always finding new projects by seeing what videos are being suggested or recommended to me. Sometimes the people I subscribe to start a fan made series. So expect a list later if I have time.

Normally, I wouldn't dub the series but I hated the english dub version of Sailor Moon. No offense <3 Besides, most english fandubs are lucky enough to get to the first episode just like a regular fan made series. I don't know why but people give up. Also, I don't see fan made series as a disrespect. I think in a way we are encouraging Naoko to write another part and showing how much we love the series. Fans show how dedicated they are. If you know that I mean..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 6:24 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I was watching a fan season called Sailor Moon Universe. They got an episode out, but they had issues within their group. They made a turn around for their project and were able to make a new episode one, but sadly that was it. I haven't seen anything from them in a long time.

I was the ADR for Sailor Moon Universe. Yeah, a lot of things happened and from what I can see we all sort of drifted from the project. I used to do panels at my local convention for the series, but they were a mess lol.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime27th February 2012, 7:22 pm

That's cool innocentvenus.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 9:36 am

Lol yeah. It was cool while it lasted. I was also supposed to be the voice for Galaxia but we never got that far with it obviously.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime29th February 2012, 11:25 am

Can I ask you about what it was suppose to be about? I really couldn't figure it out in the first episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects   Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fan Episodes / Season 6 Projects

View previous topic View next topic Back to top