The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] Empty
PostSubject: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 8:04 am

Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] HaFnrLI

It's time to start planning for the Cherry Blossom Festival! Again this event will launch on the 21st and last until the 28th! This festival is for celebrating flowers and music, so be sure to try and come up with games and events that will fit into the idea/concept! I'm thinking of hosting a flash game of some sort, but I haven't found one I like yet. I did find one that was a match 3 type game (Like Candy Crush or Sailor Moon Drops) that used flowers and such, that could be fun, but I'm unsure xD Let me know what you guys would like to do below!

Also remember that if you're not going to make your graphics yourself for your event, to request them in the Cherry Blossoms Event Thread so that Sailor Mercury and her helpers have enough time to finish them! Not all events need a header or three place winners!

Helpers

Jupiter Rose - Guess the Flower Meaning and Flower-grams  Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 4011577294
sportsnutd - Song game thing
Diana - Kimono Dress up Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 2393257330
dreamsinpink - Trivia: Fact or False
Starchild - helper of the song game thing?
Eternal Knight - Jigsaw Puzzle  Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 2393257330
Cosmos-Hime - Flash game  Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 2393257330
Sailor Jupiter - Raffle Ball Thing
Sailor Neptune - Karaoke

Last edited by Diana on 18th May 2016, 11:59 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 8:54 am

Heyyyy~♡

So I was not here for this last time this was done, but what if we did something with the meanings of flowers. The "language of flowers". Maybe send flowers to people? Or um...maybe guess the flower meaning?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 9:24 am

I already have a few flash games in mind. How many flash games are allowed? The ones I've found are
here and here.

I've also found a site with a bunch of things like coloring pages, crosswords, word searches ect. But that can be a resource for everyone, I highly doubt I'd be able to host all of these. XD
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 12:13 pm

I was thinking of maybe doing a Cherry Blossom / Hanami trivia game where participants need to decide whether the statement is fact or fiction. Would that be okay?
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 1:01 pm

Dress up game, Activities that can inspire, it's fairly easy to do crosswords or even hidden words puzzles by ourselves. I think there was a hidden words puzzle generator, but I'd have to find it again xD

A jigsaw puzzle game where people have to get in their results (I'd say through PM so people wouldn't try to beat every single record posted in the thread) a bit as the main GC puzzles work, but themed for the Cherry Blossom festival (I wouldn't mind hosting this one I guess?).

A coloring contest? You choose a coloring sheet that's interesting and correctly themed then the participants color it the way they want it and there's a vote for the winner?

Otherwise there'd be a writing contest that could be great also, depending if we contain it to the Cherry Blossom theme or the flowers as a whole theme?

Oh and I was wondering, are the planners allowed to participate to games which answers aren't written in the planning thread or nah?

I notice this was more pitching ideas than saying what I want to do but yeah
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 2:16 pm

I'll have to look through those links when I get the chance Cosmos and Eternal!

@Jupiter Rose: I think we might of did something similar to that last year, but I think it was guess the flower more than guess the meaning. Both could be cute! It could be cute to have a flower booth type thing like they do at school for Christmas where you can 'purchase' a candy cane and send it to someone, except this would be flowers ^^ They could include a message or make it anonymous! A guess the meaning game could be fun too!

@dreamsinpink: That sounds like fun! Go for it!

@Eternal Knight: These are all really great ideas and I'm sure some of our party planners will use them! Just lemme know which one you actually want to do, when you decide, so no one takes it from you =P And you're totally allowed to participate in all the events and games as long as you didn't help plan it and it's not your own game! It's encouraged to participate in the other games/events! Just because you helped put the event together doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to have fun too!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 2:18 pm

Yes I want to do both I think. That sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 2:39 pm

I'd do a jigsaw puzzle game if that's okay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 2:43 pm

@Jupiter Rose: As long as you can handle both. You'd have to be on a lot for when people message you to send flowers their flowers and such. I could do it if you don't feel you'll be able to be on enough since it's a really good idea and don't want it to go to waste! But if you feel you're up for it the go for it ^^

@Eternal Knight: Ofc dear! I just won't run my weekly Jigsaw Puzzle that week so it doesn't take away from your game. I'll do one this week, but it ends on SUnday so shouldn't interfere too much and then I'll hold off so hopefully you get more participants!
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime11th May 2016, 3:09 pm

I was thinking of doing a flower type music thing but was waiting on a PM from Starchild on some songs.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 8:21 am

How about a karaoke since music is one of the main themes for this event? =) (I hope I don’t sound like a broken record ^^; )
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:15 pm

Sounds great! Everyone seems to like karaoke! ANd I'll check out those games tomorrow (sorry I forgot xD)

This is meant to start in 5ish days! How's everyone's game planning going? Also still haven't heard from some people who signed up to help =o
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:22 pm

Are the games I selected okay? Also, is anyone planning or seen the site I posted for everyone to use in terms of word searches and other such games? It'll help out in terms of thinking of other games to host. If nobody plans on using it, I might host other events from it, so give me a heads up ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:27 pm

AS I said, I'll check it out tomorrow because I accidentally forgot to check them out haha and I'm going to bed in a bit! But I will let you know tomorrow dear! though i'm sure its fine
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:46 pm

You know those scenes in anime where they walk up to a booth and get a ticket, and they have a ball machine and they tumble it and if your number comes up you get a prize? I want to host an event like that. I'll give out virtual tickets to everyone who signs up and have a grand prize and runner up.... which we could brainstorm bc idk what they should be but it would be cool if I could give out points? I'll ask if it's possible o:
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:56 pm

I have my puzzle and prizes brainstormed and ready, so if there's anything more I can do Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 11:55 pm

I'm here for the graphics-part for this event Smile. If you guys already have something in mind, you can request it in the thread, Merc opened.

But to myself XD: I'd like to create some new bumpers? Anything special?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 7:43 am

Alright! I've looked at the games you linked Cosmos and I guess out of the two, I prefer the first one. It took a bit to get used to, but it was a lot more fun for me, I guess because it's something new and different and I've done match 3's before xD The match 3 one seemed like it could go on forever, since the timer got reset after each round and such. I like that the second one is (relatively) short and you get a score at the end of how many you gathered. I think it'll go over better! Just be sure to explain how to control the balloon with the fan because I was really confused at first xD

@Jupiter: Hey there! I think that sounds like a cute idea. I'm not sure what you could give out. I could talk to Queenie about points and a tier 1 or 2 sprite for the first winner and just some point for the second winner if you'd like. I think that would be a cute and fun prize for the first place, we don't generally give out sprites =o

I've also decided to do a dress up game. I haven't decided which one, though I might use Light's link! But last year we did a kimono dress up and everyone seemed to really enjoy it, so I'm gonna do it again this year =D
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 9:00 am

Made some participant-bumpers so far Smile

Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 9ZaPX8u Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] ESuBG7V Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 4eMBLqd
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 2:08 pm

Is it okay if the puzzle isn't Sailor Moon themed but more Cherry Blossom Themed?
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 2:14 pm

Of course! Do whatever you want hun! ^^ And those are lovely Gemma! Thank youuu <3
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 2:28 pm

I am working with Starchild on the music stuff just waiting for a PM back from her.
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 4:42 am

Alright awesome, sounds good!

This launches in 3 days! Please make sure your activity listed next to your name is the one you want to do and then post here when you feel you have everything ready and planned out! I'll mark you off as being ready so we know who's good to go and what not. If you need any help at all or have any questions, do not hesitate to ask me!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 5:14 am

Thanks Kitty-boo! Are there any other Graphic-Requests so far? Because I'd totally do something on my own Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] 868675979
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 5:14 am

I do believe I'm all set Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 6:14 am

Thanks Eternal! And Gemma, Eternal made a request yesterday and I just made one too =P Go be happy!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 8:08 am

All I need is a few images of flowers and then to compose a small list of what the said flowers mean...so people could discuss them. It'll be a flower booth! Yeah!

I don't want to do too many. Just a couple of nice ones. Like a rose Wink sunflower, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 8:14 am

Diana, sounds awesome! Did you ask? o: I can ask if you didn't
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 8:45 am

Diana wrote:
Thanks Eternal! And Gemma, Eternal made a request yesterday and I just made one too =P Go be happy!

OMG I TOTALLY MISSED THAT, thanks though, hun!
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime18th May 2016, 8:46 am

Here are mah flowers:

Sunflower - Adoration

Peruvian Lily - Friendship & devotion: symbolic of wealth, prosperity and fortune
Daisy - new beginnings

Rose - love

Azalea - Take care

White Heather - Protection, Wishes will come true

Lavender Heather - Admiration

White Jasmine - Amiability

Petunia - It is comforting to be with you
Snowdrop - Hope
Fun rebel one: Peach blossom - I am your captive

You can send a single flower or a bouquet.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]   Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cherry Blossom Festival Planning [3 Days Left] [Ready Cheek Needed!]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top