The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] Empty
PostSubject: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 5:49 pm

A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] VwejVHU

Welcome to the AG&C Guild's Live Drawing Events!

What are these events?
The live drawing events are sessions where we can get together on Discord and practice drawing something, anything, for at least 1 hour. We sometimes join in via a voice chat but you don't have to voice chat if you don't want to. :> It's just a fun way to be able to draw and talk at the same time.  We do a variety of things like tutorials, free drawing, memes and anything else for good art practice!

You can join the AC&G's Official Skype Chat Here: https://join.skype.com/JCVJgpnV7j7F
MR. SNYDE'S VIP PARTY on Plug.dj

What sort of medium can I use?
Any! Whether you decide to drawing digitally or with paper and pencil, that's up to you!  We just suggest to not do any mediums like painting with oils as that can take a lot longer than an hour. Razz  If you are drawing on paper, we suggest that you have some way to post WIP of your drawing, so you may want to keep a phone with a camera or a webcam handy!

When is this?
Whenever we can get together. D: Keep updated on Discord!

Suggestion Bank for Themes/Prompts/Drawing Activities:
- 10 Second Memory Draw (Sailor Moon Monster Edition)
- Free Draw/Finish projects
- Manga Redraw
- Screencap Redraw
- Manga Coloring
- 90s Graphics Night
- Pixel Art Night
- Follow a suggested tutorial
- Limited Color Palette
- Styles Challenge where we pick a character and then try to redraw them in various styles (Example: https://www.deviantart.com/supermuffin60/art/Style-Challenge-632076014 )

Group Game Ideas:
- Drawception
- Pictionary
- Drawing with your Eyes Closed
- Completing a Group Collage
- Collaborative Screencap redraw

[/center]

Goodies from our mascot!
Mr Snyde was drawn by Sailor Venus and colored by Andalusite and Small Lady

A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] L4bJHj3
A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] R3k0Uqz
A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] PTo5Nxf
A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] IDvvgwXA&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 3gh9k1zA&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] Y0DuBfEA&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] QaQbF7Y

Last edited by Brit-chan on 18th April 2019, 8:01 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 6:05 pm

What would we draw with? Would we be able to do it digitally or could we use pencil and paper and take a picture to show everyone?
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 6:11 pm

I think any medium would be fine whether its digitally or traditionally. I would just say no painting just cause that can take longer/be a bit messier/harder to do at a pc xD
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 6:14 pm

Ah okay, that sounds really fun!
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 6:35 pm

Let's follow a tutorial!! mostly because it would help me! =D
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 7:20 pm

Omg, that sounds awesome! I'd love to participate! Very Happy

Some sort of tutorial might be good if you can find one that focuses more on a technique or style than how to draw a specific character for example, just because it would allow us to learn something while drawing whatever we wanted. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 8:04 pm

Yeah if anyone has a tutorial theyd like to suggest that'd be great! Something not too advanced though as we may have some beginners!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 8:43 pm

Or we could have tutorial choices if that would help. XD; It might be better to do styles though now that I think about it, since a few of us might do traditional pieces? Well, unless the tutorials are for concepts that can be applied traditionally and digitally. XD

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE WOULD BE FUN? If we did one of those playlist doodle challenges/events/games where you put your playlist on shuffle and doodle something inspired by the song playing at the time. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there as well since you mentioned that we would be listening to music while drawing. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 9:16 pm

Choices too could work. XD We could do this a few times so that way maybe we could do some beginner things for a few events and other times we could do harder stuff. It never hurts for the more advanced artists to practice the basics. ;P

Also like that other idea! We totally can do different things each time.

How about for this first one we keep it kinda simple and do something basic and see how the turn out is and all that. I would think some basic drawing tutorials can be applied to digital and traditional mediums.

I can tots bust out a SM playlist hahaha
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 9:37 pm

Okay! Sounds good! I'm still not sure what kinds of basic tutorials there are for us to try out though. xD

What day of the week would we be doing things like this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 9:44 pm

Well, it would most likely be in the evening. Maybe around 7:30/8pm CST. Fridays and Sunday evenings are usually reserved for livestreams. Weekends are slightly more flexible in times besides stream on Sunday so....

I was thinking a weeknight might be good since I notice activity ont he forum tends to dip on the weekends. So maybe a Wed or Thursday night? We could aim for next week to start it off. Haine has been following a bunch of online beginnger tutorials for drawing so maybe she'll have some ideas. If not, we could come up with some prompts instead. Smile
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 10:06 pm

Okay! My work schedule is never consistent, unfortunately A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 1637294219, so I can't guarantee that I will be available at the given time (especially since it appears that they put me back on second shift ;__; ), but I hope to be!

Yeah! That would work too! Even if it was just a free draw theme! Let's see if Haine has any ideas. XD
Back to top Go down
Spiral-Star
Lotus Crystal

Spiral-Star

Lotus Crystal

Title : A Tiny Spiraling Star

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime4th May 2016, 6:51 pm

Omg this sounds really fun! We could even use one of those online white board drawing sites to draw together. (I just found one on google called flockdraw? Maybe we can use that?)  
If we wanna follow a tutorial we could collab and make like a youtube playlist or something~ We could make a music playlist and do the draw to a song idea someone mentioned before too! 
We could also do those drawing memes based off a series. Like 1. Draw your fav character, 2. draw two of your favorite characters doing x. 
There's also online figure drawing that's timed on pixellovely. No one will have the same thing but it's a good tool for practice~ plus they have animals and clothed figures if one doesn't want to draw naked peeps :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.danibreckenridge.com http://spiral-sketches.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime4th May 2016, 7:45 pm

I think the online white board would be fun for maybe those who have tablets or something. Its funto play on those. xD I remember doing that with friends before. However, for the first one I'd like everyone from all skill levels and mediums to be able to join. I like the idea of making a playlist with the music on youtube or something.

We could change up what we do each time we do the get togethers. Like one night could be the meme thing, another time could just be free drawing, another figure practice, etc. Also Id like to try to have multiple hosts so maybe if theres another time thats easier but not so much for me, they could host it.

Anyway, i'll keep looking at ideas and hopefully we'll have a date set for next week!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime4th May 2016, 8:41 pm

I like everything! Boss let's plan this! =D i'll pick a few meme from deviantart or tutorials could work too.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime4th May 2016, 9:22 pm

Spiral-Star wrote:
Omg this sounds really fun! We could even use one of those online white board drawing sites to draw together. (I just found one on google called flockdraw? Maybe we can use that?)  
If we wanna follow a tutorial we could collab and make like a youtube playlist or something~ We could make a music playlist and do the draw to a song idea someone mentioned before too! 
We could also do those drawing memes based off a series. Like 1. Draw your fav character, 2. draw two of your favorite characters doing x. 
There's also online figure drawing that's timed on pixellovely. No one will have the same thing but it's a good tool for practice~ plus they have animals and clothed figures if one doesn't want to draw naked peeps :3

+Oooh! I actually was just going to suggest doing one of those Sailor Moon drawing memes (or perhaps we could make our own, more fun one XD; by letting everybody come up with a question/prompt).

+As for a playlist, we could have everybody contribute a few songs? Or somebody can make us a surprise one haha.

+There is also Posemaniacs for drawing practice. It has 3-D models and shows the muscles. Smile

Sorry for the choppiness. I'm too hyped for all of this! A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 3884866259 A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 3884866259 A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 3884866259

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime13th May 2016, 11:13 am

Oookaay so I had wanted to plan this for this week but the past week basically went to hell in a hand basket as far as my free time went sooo...

Why don't we just pick a date and roll with that? Is anyone free this Saturday maybe late afternoon/early evening? As of now I'm free, i planned the livestream for 4 pm Central on Sunday so we could do it before or after that too.

I like the idea of everyone contributing a few songs, also i sometimes enjoy listening to web radio like some of the my little pony ones or any of hte stations on di.fm

I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE MEME. Someone post one and we can do it!

OK SO WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS:
-Hammer Out Day/Time (Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday)
-Someone post a drawing meme
-Start suggesting songs and I can make a playlist ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime13th May 2016, 11:55 am

IM INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. MEMEMEMEME.

Personally I like just drawing whatever we want bc I want to work on my comic book stuff XD

Also for music... I like punk rock? Is that good with everyone? XD Idk if it needs to like blend into a good list or what.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime13th May 2016, 9:53 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Oookaay so I had wanted to plan this for this week but the past week basically went to hell in a hand basket as far as my free time went sooo...
Same. Whenever I haven't been at work, I have been rushing around for last minute cosplay stuff. Tomorrow, I am going to be gone probably until 3 or 4 PM EST. After that I am free, but I can't stay up late because I gotta be up for work the next day at 5AM. Sad

Small Lady wrote:
OK SO WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS:
-Hammer Out Day/Time (Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday)
-Someone post a drawing meme
-Start suggesting songs and I can make a playlist ^_^
Uhh... Does it matter if the songs are in English? XD *doesn't have much of anything in English* lol
If Saturday doesn't work for people, I could do it on Sunday as well. I won't be chasing around then, I'll be home finishing my belt for biker Eudial. XD

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Manga-Style-Meme-162012430 There are memes like this, but imo they take more than an hour to do properly. XD;

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/eb/59/81/eb5981199f3ac6f167e2ca68b8c84889.jpg <--30 day SM drawing challenge. This one looks fun, but kinda long. XD

Omg, apparently there is this thing called the blindfold drawing challenge. Where you decide to draw a character or a thing but are not allowed to look while you are drawing it. LOL

I can't find any good drawing memes. ;___; I tried looking on DA, but that new tagging system makes searching for things a pain.

Henshinyo wrote:

Also for music... I like punk rock? Is that good with everyone? XD Idk if it needs to like blend into a good list or what.
I'll listen to whatever, honestly--as long as I don't have to listen to it every day at work. (The store has been playing the same playlist every day for years.... A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 1637294219 Punk rock is definitely not on my work's playlist lol. )
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 9:17 am

How about following a series of tutorials?

First start with the face
https://youtu.be/y0a3hIM881A?list=PLHSPaTRXfoRcUiV5nYdWqgFw7bkB-OkP2
then we continue with hair
https://youtu.be/Qt3FzrYdGK4?list=PLHSPaTRXfoRcUiV5nYdWqgFw7bkB-OkP2
and then body with clothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdecf0jGEDc

and then check the results when we finish?

I was checking some meme on deviantart but found them convinced me D:
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 1:57 pm

I like that idea, Haine! Smile

Yeah, we're just going to have to come up with our own meme drawing templates. XD We need a GC one or something.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 2:12 pm

Andalusite wrote:
Yeah, we're just going to have to come up with our own meme drawing templates. XD We need a GC one or something.

that could be a good idea! and fun too!! we could do that after the tutorials? or maybe for the next workshop =D
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 4:26 pm

Is anyone online thatd be interested in doing this tonight? I'm free for a time!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 6:00 pm

I AM!!!!! =D
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 6:30 pm

Okay! Well if you wanna hit me up me and you can practice tutorials but I was chatting with some of hte others in skype and it seems tomorrow would be a bit better. We could do it before the stream like maybe 2 pm Central?

SO SUNDAY MAY 14th @ 2:00 PM CENTRAL. IN THE GC OFFICIAL SKYPE CHAT. DOING EITHER A TUTORIAL OR FREE DRAW. COME WITH MUSIC FOR ME TO PUT ON.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 8:47 am

Ahhh, I'll try to make it I just hope Skype is with me today
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 10:42 am

Small Lady wrote:
SO SUNDAY MAY 14th @ 2:00 PM CENTRAL. IN THE GC OFFICIAL SKYPE CHAT. DOING EITHER A TUTORIAL OR FREE DRAW. COME WITH MUSIC FOR ME TO PUT ON.

WOHOOOOO! A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] 1984953407
*gets alarm for 3:00pm*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 10:55 am

Just real quick, I'm running out to visit my friend who just had a baby so I might be a tiny bit late coming back but i'll be here! Feel free to jump on skype and start doing stuff xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 12:38 pm

Hey yall! We're in the skype chat now! https://join.skype.com/uYmEiEpIV7lb
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime20th May 2016, 8:40 pm

Okay Id like to try to get another one planned! Maybe we could aim for an hour during the week?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]   A&G Guild Live Draw ~  Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A&G Guild Live Draw ~ Updated with more ideas! [Come join!!]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top