The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

(Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

(Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime28th March 2016, 11:52 am

Addelyn wrote:
It may be for a relaxed profile. Double check with Neptune as you're doing advanced profile.  ^.^
Thanks! I will!

The Phantom Thief wrote:

When the story reaches the climax, if the RP is even accepted, I wanna make two different threads for a good ending and a bad ending. 
I'm sure it will. I've never seen anything get turned down on here. The admins will continue to ask questions until everything has been addressed and/or clarified. Then the storyline will get approved. Very Happy

That sounds like a cool idea! (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 1955989781 Hopefully it would be allowed.

BTW, here is my profile in case you wanted to start adding players and character profiles to the master post. http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t12589-wip-advanced-antagonist-cyprine-ptilol#340641 I'm waiting for Neptune's response before I start on the history section. Other than that, I just have to write a RP sample and then add a few more sentences to her personality. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2016, 3:03 pm

Okay.....so lemme see who's doing who.....

....er, could someone hand me a list-

/shot
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2016, 4:35 pm

>__>;

Mercuryfan is playing Ami (and maybe Hotaru/Mistress 9), sportsnutd is playing Makoto (and Kaolinite), and I was playing Cyprine/Ptilol. I might also play Minako, but I am going to have to do some serious SM re-watching so that I can get all of her information down.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2016, 4:53 pm

Okay, sorry for the derp. I'll add this stuff in. I'll only add MF as Ami until I'm sure they're gonna play Hotaru/M9.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime29th March 2016, 5:07 pm

Sweet! Very Happy No worries. xD

P.S. I just noticed this, and as much as I love the name "Ptitlol" (Seriously it made me laugh so hard! XD The name is /so/ fitting for this one crack doodle I did on tumblr last year for a friend of mine XD.), I think it should probably be corrected to "Ptilol" for the sake of the RP storyline's presentation, when you get the chance to link in my profile. Smile
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th April 2016, 10:43 am

Sorry to not post here in so long, but various things happened in my Real Life.  First, I moved about 300 miles, from a small city in NW CA to Sacramento, a relatively large city - a change for the better for me, because in my just-over-one-year there, I found out the hard way that I hated small-city living.  Now I had known about this move in advance, yes.  But I had not mentioned this in any of the threads here because I had thought it would only cause me to be completely unavailable to GC for less than one week - specifically from the night of Tues. 29th March to the night of Fri. 1st April at most (which allowed for exactly one problem with getting back on-line at my new home).  Apparently I was very naive about the problems I would encounter getting on-line at my new home, though  Embarassed  , because now I know (with hindsight) that I experienced several.  By the time I finally did get back on-line, I had a large backlog of messages (mostly of the e-mail type) that I had to go through before I could attend to any of my RPG storylines.  But now I am finally back here and ready to get back into the full swing of things  Smile .

My other primary reason for writing this post is to update all of you on my progress toward modifying the necessary profiles to participate in this storyline.  I had completed (or so I thought Laughing  ) upgrading my Ami/Mercury profile well before my recent move and submitted it for review.  But the admin in charge of reviewing it suggested several further additions to this profile.  I addressed the vast majority of her concerns in the many revisions I made to it just before moving.  And I was finally able to copy all these revisions to the version of this profile on GC within the last 24 hours (before, these revisions were only made to the version of this profile on my desktop computer's hard drive).  So now it's awaiting review again.  After this profile is approved, I'll post a link to it here (and I expect this to be soon, because even if I am asked to make further changes, I expect them to be minimal) - I think its web address changed somewhere along the line while making these many changes.  The next priority for me for this storyline is to make the necessary changes to my Hotaru profile here.  And it very well might take me a while to make these changes, because in the one and only GC storyline where I've played Hotaru before, she didn't have any of her powers.  Which means I'll have to write up her senshi information from scratch Shocked  .
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime10th April 2016, 6:49 pm

Oh gods I realized how much I neglected this, GUYS I AM SO SORRY.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 6:53 pm

It's fine! I think all of us are still working on our profiles anyway. Do you think we'll be able to start once we all have a profile done? It might help get some more interest for the storyline. Smile

Also, Sportsnutd and I discussed maybe starting Cyprine and Kaolinite off in the laboratory locker room to establish their relationship to one another and any other BG details that may be necessary on the Death Busters' end.

Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 7:25 pm

I suppose we can, assuming my story is even gonna be accepted at this point. ;-;

And yeah, that'd be fine.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th April 2016, 3:29 am

I thought it was. Maybe PM Saturn if she still has yet to notice that you updated it to what she suggested?

Whooo!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th April 2016, 5:07 am

If its been more than 48 hours you can bump the thread again.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime15th April 2016, 4:51 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8IVI0sZ6F8 We've been given the greenlight!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 3:35 am

Yay! (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 2503753863 Who will be making the first post? (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 3186387542

I will be ready to start soon. I have half of the history section written up, but I still need to come up with an idea for the RP sample.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 4:48 am

Well you wanted to open up on the Death Busters so we'll start there. Get the rest of the profile ready, I'll make the actual thread and we can get this story started!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 7:10 am

Don't forget that you need approved character profiles before you can start rping.  (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 1955989781

Last edited by Addelyn on 17th April 2016, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 8:38 am

We knowwwwwww.... (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 3884866259 I just wanted to let people know that I haven't abandoned my profile. Wink

Thief, would you be able to answer the following questions for me? 
1. Are we assuming autumn weather and are we starting the RP so that it is evening (night) for the characters?

2. Are we assuming that Viluy was just defeated or should we assume that days/weeks/months passed since then?

3. What does Nishiki steal as a thief (Referring to before the deathbusters make a deal with him.) Does he go for particular items?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 12:38 pm

1. I assume you mean the season in question. Yes, let's have it set during the fall. We'll start in a night during one of the meetings, then a henchman walks in with news that one of their energy stealing operations, a museum, was just robbed. Then we cut to Lupin making his glorious exit. 

2. Yes, Viluy was defeated like....yesterday. Like to DB it was like 
3. Generally rich looking stuff. He has no preference, Nishiki will steal diamonds, artifacts, rare heirlooms and sell them to make a profit.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 2:46 pm

The Phantom Thief wrote:
We'll start in a night during one of the meetings, then a henchman walks in with news that one of their energy stealing operations, a museum, was just robbed. Then we cut to Lupin making his glorious exit.
Okay so that is the BG reason you had planned for how the Death Busters will even come into contact with Nishiki/Lupin? If yes, then that's what I was wondering. Thanks! XD

Okay perfect, all of that information should help me establish Cyprine's mood when we can finally start. Wink
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime17th April 2016, 8:27 pm

PM me when it's all set!
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime21st April 2016, 11:04 am

Good news - my mega-revised Ami/Mercury profile was approved a couple days ago!  So it can, and should, be added to the post at the beginning of this thread listing who is playing which character and their profile for said character if it has been approved.  See http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t10408-approved-advanced-senshi-ami-mizuno-sailor-mercury .

My next project for this RPG will be to revise the Hotaru profile I already have on GC here so that it can be used in this storyline, because I still plan to also play her/Mistress 9(/Sailor Saturn if need be).  Unfortunately, this might take me a while to do.  I say this because even though it is already an Advanced profile (meaning I won't have to upgrade it from Relaxed), it does not have a senshi powers section (due to the fact that the one and only storyline on GC where I've played her being one where none of the canon senshi had any of their magic senshi powers).  Not to mention that my Real Life is quite busy right now due to the fact that the house I recently moved into has about 18 zillion problems with it that I need to fix myself and/or hire someone to fix them for me.
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2016, 4:27 am

Well it's still a good first step. Hope you get your housing issues fixed soon!
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime25th April 2016, 7:40 pm

The Phantom Thief wrote:
PM me when it's all set!
Will do! (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 1955989781

mercuryfan wrote:
Unfortunately, this might take me a while to do.  I say this because even though it is already an Advanced profile (meaning I won't have to upgrade it from Relaxed), it does not have a senshi powers section (due to the fact that the one and only storyline on GC where I've played her being one where none of the canon senshi had any of their magic senshi powers).  Not to mention that my Real Life is quite busy right now due to the fact that the house I recently moved into has about 18 zillion problems with it that I need to fix myself and/or hire someone to fix them for me.
No problem! I totally know that busy feeling. I've gone all day every single day for the past week and still have a few more things to do around the house and for a few friends before I can shift some of my focus back to RPing.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime1st May 2016, 12:08 am

My schedule has now calmed down enough so that I have been able to start looking into how I should revise my Hotaru Tomoe profile for the addition of this storyline.  And the more I have looked into this, the more obvious it has become that I need to communicate with Phantom Thief here to make sure we are on the same page in regards to this character.

I'll start this off with a pretty basic question - Which of her two powered-up forms should I include in this profile?  Sailor Saturn?  Mistress 9?  Or both?  Note that if there is any chance of one of these forms being a part of this storyline by the time it ends, I would rather include that form in my profile than not include it.  It's pretty much a combination of the old saying Better safe than sorry, and the fact that I'd rather not have to re-revise this profile later on down the line just because we all of a suddden decided we'd like to use that form of Hotaru.  So I'm leaning towards putting both forms in this profile.

What are your thoughts on this, Phantom Thief, since you are the creative mind behind this storyline?
Back to top Go down
The Phantom Thief
Star Seed

The Phantom Thief

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime2nd May 2016, 5:55 pm

First of all, nice to see your schedule calming down, congrats!

Second off, we're not gonna be using Sailor Saturn, just Mistress Nine! DUNNNN DUN DUNNNNNNN. Shocking, isn't it? But this is intentional, don't you worry! So just focus on lil' miss Nine for the story. I can't exactly spoil till we get properly started.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th May 2016, 8:10 am

The Phantom Thief wrote:
...just Mistress Nine! DUNNNN DUN DUNNNNNNN. Shocking, isn't it? But this is intentional, don't you worry! So just focus on lil' miss Nine for the story. I can't exactly spoil till we get properly started.
(Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 3884866259 DUNNN DUN DUNNNNNN.

So my cosplay stuff is getting there (if I ever mentioned being busy with it before. I can't even remember (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 3978041997 ). I am going to attempt to get as much of it done tonight and tomorrow so that I can for real finish that RP sample and get my profile reviewed. If not, I'm making myself join Sailor Uranus' Advanced Profiles Workshop anyway, so I'll get it done then and there. xP

Did you guys want me to check in with sportsnut to see how his profiles are going?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime7th May 2016, 9:58 am

makoto is done.  Profile done.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th May 2016, 4:08 am

Okay, fair enough, Phantom Thief.  I assume you will provide a good explanation for the absence of Sailor Saturn here when the time is appropriate for it.

Anyway, I have since focused on Mistress 9.  Which led me to re-watch the climactic couple of episodes near the end of S season of the 90s anime (on one of the Pioneer/Geneon DVDs that I was lucky enough to be able to buy from a fellow GC member not too long ago), to confirm something I need to know to make this profile.

After re-watching virtually all of the screen time that Mistress 9 gets in S season, it pretty much confirmed my suspicion.  The only power Mistress 9 herself shows is the ability to use her almost-infinitely-long hair to grab anyone she chooses so firmly that they can't escape (unless you also count the ability to take on Hotaru's body & voice to try to fool/trick someone).

So my (follow-up) question for you now, Phantom Thief, is to wonder whether this will be sufficient for your purposes in this storyline (or should I make up another power/attack for her)?  Also, if you do want me to make up another power for her, then please give me some guidelines for what exactly this new power will be/how it will work.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime9th May 2016, 9:05 am

mercuryfan wrote:
So my (follow-up) question for you now, Phantom Thief, is to wonder whether this will be sufficient for your purposes in this storyline (or should I make up another power/attack for her)?  Also, if you do want me to make up another power for her, then please give me some guidelines for what exactly this new power will be/how it will work.

I actually had a similar question since Cyprine/Ptilol never show use their death move Ribbon Buster in the 90s anime. Personally, I think having more powers/attacks than what was shown in original episodes would be better because (1) it would make the characters more rounded/interesting in RP and (2) it's not like they couldn't have the power. Maybe Team Sailor Moon beat them before they could use it. XD On my profile, I include Cyprine/Ptilol's attacks and abilities from all of the adaptations, but I wasn't sure if we'd need all of them. XD

@mercuryfan I forget, can Mistress 9 levitate?  You could always include that as an ability if there is a scene of her suspended in the air. XD She probably can--I mean, how does she move around with all of that hair. Haha Razz

EDIT: Cyprine and Ptilol will be in SMC next week, so I'm going to finish their history section after I watch the episode, as it will likely give me some more ideas. XD;
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th May 2016, 4:27 am

When I first saw your question about levitation here, I had the feeling she didn't show that power outright - as in her whole body lifting into the air (even a little bit).  But I re-re-watched those climax episodes of S season yet again just to make sure of this.  And while I was technically correct that her whole body never lifts into the air (even by only a little bit), she does so many funky things with that hair of hers that I became convinced that she had to have that power anyways to pull all of that {bleep} off without breaking a sweat!

BTW, even though I'm now wondering if I'm going to have to be more careful in the future (to make sure I don't watch that S climax so many times that I get sick of it  (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 3884866259 ), I'm glad you asked that question, Andalusite, thus getting me to watch it again this time.  Because I realized during this re-watching that she shows one other power there - the ability to extend her hand/arm through any invisible portal and thus reach to pretty much anywhere!  That's how she was able to grab Sailor Moon and pull her inside the Mugen Gakuen building!  Remember?  Very Happy

Also, I understand your point about more powers making the character more well-rounded and thus more interesting.  But even if I do decide to follow your advice here and go down that road (which I am leaning toward doing, BTW Smile  ), that just begs another question I asked here earlier - What type(s) of powers should I create?  I mean, having never read the Infinity/Death Busters part of the manga nor seen any of the Sera Myu musicals, I had to look up info for her on-line.  (I'm pretty sure she never appeared in PGSM.)  WikiMoon doesn't really mention any powers for her, while the Sailor Moon Wikia only briefly mentions that she can eat souls and absorb enemies' attacks.  So I don't really have any base to start from.  Combine that with my general lack of creativity, and you should see my problem here.
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime13th May 2016, 10:09 pm

Hmmm... I'd think that if she can reach into portals and pull people wherever, then I would think she would have an ability similar to Cyprine/Ptilol's where she is able to manipulate/create pocket dimensions? Or maybe she is even able to temporarily alter her foes' perceptions of the physical realm with some sort of creepy/disturbing illusions to throw them off?

Other thoughts and ideas:
1. Maybe some power that influences the gravity of a given radius? That could also explain why she can move around easily. XD;

2. You could always give her different types of abilities involving her hair. Maybe she could have a similar attack to Cyprine/Ptilol's Ribbon Buster, but instead of tangling people in painful ribbons, she tangles them in her hair and tries to drain their energy/souls?

3. Is she able to reanimate/puppet fallen allies? Or was that Kaolinite? Germatoid? I can't remember. *owns the manga but never read it lol*

4. In the video game, she apparently had an attack called Sonic Wave that put people to sleep.

5. Since she's part Daimon, you could probably give her some more advanced versions of existing Daimon abilities/attacks?

6. Does she absorb attacks with her hands or her hair? XD Or both?

7. I watched the musical awhile back, but I can't remember her having any attacks or abilities in it. I'll let you know if I find any info on that.

EDIT: @mercuryfan, Mistress 9 can partition her hair into a claw hand that she then uses to pick up things out of her "normal" reach (and absorb energy). She can also knock people away from her by glaring at them. In Crystal, it was depicted as some sort of shock wave-like barrier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC   (Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Advanced) Flight of the Thief!-OOC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top