The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Saturn's Brooch

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theory] Saturn's Brooch Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 9:15 am

Does anyone have a theory supported by Naoko's notes on the subject, or a working headcanon for why Saturn's brooch is so radically different from that of the other senshi?

I assumed initially that it had to do with her having absorbed ChibiUsa's heart crystal (I don't recall how it worked in the manga.), but I'm wondering if perhaps Saturn's brooch crystal has a deeper significance and is perhaps related to the Silver Crystal. It has a bit of a flower like quality to it (It reminds me of a Chrysanthemum.), and considering just how powerful Saturn is (Even her fuku is radically different and in many ways mirrors Super Sailor Moon's petal sleeves.), perhaps Saturn was initially meant to be a manifestation of Chaos (ie. Chaos Crystal)?

Considering how it played out in the anime where we do get a Christ and anti-Christ relationship going between the two (I seem to recall Usagi being called the Messiah and Hotaru the Messiah of Silence or some such.), perhaps there is more than meets the eye between the relationship of Sailor Moon, Sailor Saturn, and their respective crystals?

I was a bit bummed that their Super and Eternal forms granted them all generic Sailor fukus. I actually preferred the diversity of the fukus they had when they first started.
Back to top Go down
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 10:08 am

I feel as if Sailor Saturn was the very first Sailor Senshi to reside in the Milky Way Galaxy.

I have a head cannon where she was the first to greet Queen Serenity, and even warn her of her powers which is why Queen Serenity gifted Uranus, Neptune and Pluto with talismans that warn of her awakening with the intent to use her most deadly power.

If this were to be true, than every single senshi within the Solar System had their costumes based off of Sailor Saturns design, as I believe someone at some point had to create and design the uniforms for senshi to wear like a ceremonial cloth.

The individual planet will all have their own ceremonial costume for their planets, but certain Solar Systems like that of the planet Kinmoku star system have matching uniforms because when Alliances are created, their uniforms showcase they no longer protect one planet individually but each Senshi protects the Galaxia like a military in uniform fashion, literally haha!

I feel as if Queen Serenity knew a LOT of things were going to happen, she certainly prepared for as much including creating a computer program to contain her soul in the afterlife to eet her daughter. How'd she know such a thing would be needed?

I mentioned on another thread, that certain jewels on Tiaras are like power stones. In the original fukus, they were all very similar but some had added decoration.

Sailor Mercury and Pluto lack shoulder pads.

Sailor Mercury's earrings create a holographic visor screen.

Sailor Mars has a decorative "power gem" on the V of her fuku.

Sailor Venus transforms with a whip. (Let's not forget, her Sailor V costume. We'll get to that shortly.)

Sailor Jupiter has a rose on her belt, and her Tiara extends to a Lightning Rod.

The variations go on. I feel as though they were designed with the general details in mind but were alerted slightly by their personal specifications. 

Some didn't want the shoulder pads. Everyone got to pick out their own shoes. Etc.

How does this work with their upgraded, even more similar uniform styles?

Well if Queen Serenity based all the senshi's designs to go along with the original Solar System senshi, Sailor Saturn, I feel as if it went down like this.

They somehow knew of the outcome in the future, at least up to the Super uniform. Saturn wanted to live WITH the rest of the Senshi. Something she learned to believe she could do when she was reborn. 

In this theory, She WANTED uniformity, to be with the others, probably just as much if not more than even Pluto, Uranus and Neptune who wanted to be with the inner court too. But in the Silver Millennium, her life had created a different line of thinking but she awaited the day she could join. When it comes time and she transforms, she still has this line of thinking and old uniform, but it changed when Super Sailor Moon saves her from the fate of her strongest power.

And prepared for this moment, the Soul of her old self gives Hotaru, when she is ready to receive it... in the bath tub lol... her brand new uniform hidden inside her star seed the Heart Shaped Saturn Crystal, along with the others crystals (They were being upgraded, which is why they could not transform until the original Sailor Saturn was ready to give it to them)

I imagine Princess Serenity never got to design her own uniform because Queen Serenity knew she wasn't ready and that she was going to die anyway and that went all to her mother to design, with varying changed brought on by emotional power that can manifest, transform/change and create.

So the bases of the uniform is there, but without the actual transformation item, the Sailor Crystal compensates the original design that can't be accessed into a similar design that's weaker(Sailor V) or stronger (Eternal Sailor Moon).

Sailor V's design is an example of this emotional change since both Minako and Artemis were missing chunks of their memories, like Luna and the rest of them. Her emotions manifested a crescent moon because as we see in Codename Sailor V she remembers the moon princess as her most important person, or her memory was manipulated specifically in a way to emotionally bring about that change for the sake of being a decoy by Queen Serenity. The rest of her uniform might have been compensated for the fact that she associated her original senshi uniform of that with her own school uniform.

I figured that Sailor Moons designs were meant to showcase the difference as a new leader because originally her outfit had just about as many different variations as any other, but as she grew in power and in status and was seen as the leader, her uniform showcases like that much like you have different military members dressing in different badges according to rank as well.

I find this theory fun because I found it somewhere else, and they said it because they designed original uniforms for every senshi's planet different of the pleated skirt and white leotard because with this theory, they all have a ceremonial senshi uniform, and then they have their silver millennium uniforms(Anime only, the greek styled light colorized greek like uniforms.) and then all uniforms after that.)
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 10:57 am

I just really view it as Saturn being separate from the other senshi so her fuku being a little different would be normal. She's not ever really called upon unless the talismans are brought together and seeing as Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were kept separated in the Silver Millennium, she probably wasn't seen often. 

As for if this was a design choice that they got to pick or not, I don't know. I think that their fuku's represent parts of their personality and also reflect their power.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 11:25 am

I don't know either but it's certainly fun to speculate [Theory] Saturn's Brooch 1955989781

How would you describe their uniforms as representing their personalities though? Power I understand because of color and of course as I mentioned weapons and items they utilize. What I said about the gemstones works for personality, so you're right it does work!

I always wondered about the colors and why she went with them because they don't remind me of the planets, but their powers. Afterall, there's no green on Jupiter  [Theory] Saturn's Brooch 2552997083

Saturns broach is white and spikey. Representing Ice maybe? Many of Saturn's moons do have ice! 

But it's really designed around a Moravian Star but I can't connect the point of that? Haha, point  [Theory] Saturn's Brooch 428053968
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 2:51 pm

The colors are designed based on what the planets mean in Japanese.

Mercury (suisei) = water star = blue
Mars (kasei) = fire star = red
Jupiter (mokusei) = wood star = green (forest/earth is both green and brown)
Venus (kinsei) = metal/gold star = gold/orange

Saturn (dosei) literally means earth/soil but since she was conceived so late and the brown/green combo was kind of taken by Jupiter she got purple I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Luna Love
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime25th February 2016, 3:07 pm

Quote :
The colors are designed based on what the planets mean in Japanese. 

Mercury (suisei) = water star = blue
Mars (kasei) = fire star = red
Jupiter (mokusei) = wood star = green (forest/earth is both green and brown)
Venus (kinsei) = metal/gold star = gold/orange

Saturn (dosei) literally means earth/soil but since she was conceived so late and the brown/green combo was kind of taken by Jupiter she got purple I guess.

That is super cool, I never new that and it explains a lot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Saturn's Brooch   [Theory] Saturn's Brooch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Saturn's Brooch

View previous topic View next topic Back to top