The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime2nd January 2016, 7:04 am

Am I the only one to think that the grand reveal would have been a lot more convincing had the Princess Serenity of Silver Millenium had her hair loose and not kept in odongos within every flashback?

What's the point (SPOILERS) of Act 10 mentioning that Usagi's hair is growing at a rapid rate (we even see her with her hair down.), because all her memories have returned, if from the get go we ALL knew she was going to be revealed as the princess? I think this was poorly executed on the part of the animation team. It was just so obvious. I mean sure, only we the viewer are in the know about Usagi and Endymion's dreams, but I wasn't at all convinced that they wouldn' put two and two together. Who else but Usagi has odongos? Having her have her hair loose like Minako's would have made it all the more convincing.

Another peeve of mine (Which is perhaps more manga related.) is why Luna would not know that there was no Sailor Moon during the period of Silver Millenium? Wouldn't that be a huge hint? Sure she didn't have all of her memories back, but it just seems clumsy in retrospect. It would have probably been more convincting for Usagi to merely transform in the way Minako did early on (Which makes me wonder if their henshin pens work like Usagi's disguise pen...), or at most have her use her brooch and say "Prism Power Makeup!" without any reference to the moon. As to what her guardian name would have been, well I don't quite have that figured out, but I do know that it would have built up the necessary suspense for me as a viewer.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime2nd January 2016, 8:22 am

You make a very good point regarding Usagi's hair - I think leaving it down would have been so much better. They actually did that in the S season of the 90s anime with the Messiah, and I actually had no idea who the Messiah was because the images of her were with her hair down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime2nd January 2016, 8:42 am

I didn't even think about that until you mentioned it, but you're right.

It just annoyed me to not only have the same hairstyle, but also the same VA (at least from what I can make out from the dub). Why else would Usagi have odangos if she wasn't the moon princess?
Another gripe of mine are the red gems in Usagi's odangos. There was never a Sailor Moon before, so why would it know to cover them, and to make them release supersonic sound waves? There's so much that isn't explained about their fukus.

Also, is the Crescent Moon Wand actually Usagi's, or is it Minako's? We're given the impression that Usagi inherits it as leader of the Inner Senshi, but later we learn that it's actually Minako. Did Queen Serenity seen into the future?
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime3rd January 2016, 11:06 pm

If you want debate the red jewels on Usagi's odango, go ask Naoko Takeuchi.  But you do make a good point about the odangos.  I mean does seem obvious to us, as viewers, but to the characters because their memories were erased, except for Venus's, it kind of does make sense that they wouldn't know.  However, Mamoru has no excuse, his DREAMS feature the princess with odangos.  I wonder in Naoko was making a statement or something about that, i.e a guys has horrible memory loss.  He is the one who has gotten brainwashed in both the Dark Kingdom and Black Moon arc.  As for your peeve about Luna not knowing there was no Sailor Moon during the Silver Millenium is because Queen Serenity twisted and erased her memories during that time.  All Luna knows is that there is the "Moon Princess" and her four guardians.  That is what I think happened.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime26th January 2016, 11:56 pm

In fairness, it's fairly obvious Usagi is the Moon Princess, isn't it?  I mean, her name is Sailor Moon and the Princess is from the Moon.   And the original anime spoiled things like crazy, even in the episode titles.
Back to top Go down
Adagio Dazzle
Star Seed

Adagio Dazzle

Star Seed

Title : Magical Siren|GC's Official Adagio|Glimmer

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime27th January 2016, 12:11 am

The Sailor Moon is Princess Serenity thing was spoiled for me ahead of time, since i saw a picture of her in her Serenity dress. Even if i had never ever seen that picture, i probably could have figured it out in 2 seconds because of the odango's and that she's Sailor MOON.
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Perhaps the series title should have been called "The Legend of the Moon" or "The Beautiful Soldiers of Love and Justice"   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime28th January 2016, 10:03 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
In fairness, it's fairly obvious Usagi is the Moon Princess, isn't it?  I mean, her name is Sailor Moon and the Princess is from the Moon.   And the original anime spoiled things like crazy, even in the episode titles.

Right.

But I think that's part of the problem.

We were introduced to Usagi as Sailor Moon so very early on in the series that it was quite obvious who the princess was.

There are two ways that they could have gone through with it. 

For one they could have adapted the anime to begin with Sailor V,and her quest to gather the other senshi and find the Moon Princess. It would have required retconning some of the source material, but that's to be expected. We would have had more development of Sailor V as leader of the inner senshi, and their respective relationships to one another. As to how they would stumble upon Usagi, I think that would have occurred in the manner that the anime treated Hotaru's awakening in the Infinity Arc. 

As to where that might place Mamoru, I'm not quite sure. I think the story might have worked better if Mamoru had been the one corrupted in this incarnation, and have his guard as the atagonists for the senshi. With Usagi's awakening would come Mamoru and the Shitennou's purification, and the revelation of Chaos who reveals what lead to the demise of the Moon Kingdom (We'd also have the senshi, the shitennou, Usagi, and Mamoru look different in the flashbacks.). The transition of Usagi to being a central character would have occurred with a fusion of the Black Moon clan, Infinity, and Dreams Arc. Frankly I think the villains being one to one to the senshi got a bit repetitive and boring.

I think Usagi's awakening should have ushered in the first ever Sailor Moon after her battle with Chaos. I mean honestly, where was Usagi drawing strength from if there was never a Sailor Moon during the period of Silver Millennium? Also, what was the point of the Moon Disguise pen if she didn't use it after the first arc? Did all the senshis pens have that ability? After all, Minako's pen allowed her to transform into both Sailor V and Sailor Venus. It was somewhat awkward that when Minako has her first transformation we're not privy to what she calls out, but somehow she manages to vary her appearance?

Luna could have been the adviser to the Outer Senshi, because frankly the awakening of the Outers is a plothole that needs to be resolved.

Last edited by east02west on 28th January 2016, 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal   Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon and Princess Serenity Reveal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top