The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 1:08 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 11j0jQz

Soon? What does that mean? An hour? A day? A week?

Venus had to quell her panic so that she would not start trying to shake the information out of Endymion. Evacuate the city? Evacuate where? If they were attacking the entire kingdom… into the palace? Any moment? Who was this sorceress and how did she manage to control the minds of an entire planet? Where did she found this ‘newfound power’?

And then just when she thought he could not say anything worse, he did.

The Shitennou are with her.

Venus blinked, thinking she had misheard.

Kunzite. He’s… with the sorceress? To attack the Moon? To attack… her?

She almost staggered back thinking about the implication. No, no. There must be some mistake. He couldn’t possibly… He wouldn’t betray her like that. Maybe it was a ploy. Yes! He must be playing along to sabotage it from within. He was smart and strategic like that… just like her…

Venus felt the world spun. She knew now she could not contain this anymore. It was time to tell the queen. Their entire kingdom was in danger. Serenity was in danger.

The last thought gave her clarity, and she urged the group back toward the entrance they had created. “Come on. We have to get out of here and see the queen. Right now.” She led the way, suddenly feeling like time was racing against them.

Every second could be their last.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 1:57 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 PcjJFTy
The Queen could have spat. Why would they send a guard with such grave information, and so little detail? Were they that shaken? What had they seen? Who was this individual?

"Tell me every little detail that you know." She continued, trying to appear as calm as possible and not let her frustration take over. Before she could say another word her second adviser ran in, Artemis. On his entry, she dismissed the guard with a rough wave of her hand, and listened closely to his words.

"Yes, of course." She mumbled as she straightened herself up, and began to briskly walk back to the entrance of the throne room.  "Luna! Artemis! Tell the guards to guard my quarters! I'm going to the dungeon to talk with the prisoner myself!"

Queen Serenity practically ran out of the throne room. She was about to get to the bottom of this, one way or another. For both the Earth and the Moon, she had to.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 6:11 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 QTecmB9

Sailor Mercury felt her mind whirl with the gravity of the message from the Earth Prince. The Moon would soon be under attack by a dark force with terrible powers. His guardians were no longer protecting him--they now followed Beryl.

This last bit of information was especially confusing for her. Her heart fluttered, an uncomfortable and anxious feeling, thinking about the young men she had met during that ball on the Earth. Especially a certain one with beautiful blonde hair with sharp green eyes, like peridot. He was so sweet and so thoughtful. She thought they shared a love of knowledge and a duty to their beloved charges. How could someone like that abandon his post? How could he think that the Moon Kingdom was an institution worth attacking, after all they had shared about their respective worlds? She felt as if she didn't know him after all, as if their circulation of books and information over these weeks had meant nothing at all.

Keeping an eye on the Prince and Princess, wary for their protection, she followed Venus. Sailor Mercury had hoped this day would never come, but she was ready to act as her leader commanded it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 8:00 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 QukHlBm

Nephrite realized far too late that looking her in the face had been a mistake. He could feel her magic take over, pushing all his doubts and all his plans to the side, replacing them with a feeling of calm obedience. 

Yes, they would go to the Moon and they would destroy all that stood in their path. He bowed as Beryl left the room before quickly leaving himself. For the second time that day, he walked back towards the training grounds. As Beryl addressed the army, he stood off to the side in his customary place. 

It was time.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 11:24 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nsf42qBw1M1tzr4xa_540
Zoisite had followed quietly. He hoped to leave soon, to deal with those creatures that wished this Kingdom and its prince wrong. He felt satisfied when suddenly Nephrite was obeying Beryl without his usual snark. Did she finally get to him or was he planning something stupid? When she dismissed them again, he simply kept walking behind his friend. Defeating the Moon's guardians wouldn't be easy. He didn't know how good they were with a sword, but if Mercury's use of her powers to clean Nephrite meant anything, this would be more complicated.

The courtyard was noisy when Beryl finally arrived and the whole army bowed. Zoisite stood aside, waiting for departure.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 1:24 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 NbNNUGc

During the discussion about their fighting strategy as well as during the conversation between Nephrite and Zoisite, Jadeite kept quiet, only watching his brothers and Beryl in order to focus on himself and to prepare for the upcoming events.
If one of them would die? Or…if Mars would die?

Jadeite came back to reality as he got the instruction to prepare the soldiers. Abandoning all the depressing thoughts, he shook his head, bowed down to Beryl and stepped away to get his armies together.
To his surprise, the soldiers were firmly convinced that they were doing the right thing by attacking the Moon Kingdom - and that they would win. Jadeite, however, wasn't too sure. They mustn’t underestimate the Lunarians, after all.

Know your enemy. And don’t underestimate them.
Recalling this over and over again, Jadeite eventually returned to the training arena, his mind and body now entirely focused on the war.
His hand slid down to the shed of his sword that pressed against his hip bone, gripping the handle and looking up into his comrade’s faces.
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 1:27 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Prince12

Serenity felt her chest tighten. Why, why would the Earth attack the moon? Did the people of the Earth hate the Lunars so much? Serenity released her hand from Endymion to allow him to exit the cell. She was thankful when he came around and held her hand again. She felt as if the dungeons were spinning. Her legs felt weak and shaky, causing her to lean into him and rest her head on his shoulder and wrap an arm around his waist to stable herself. His armor was cool against her face.

Her heart broke when Endymion said his guards were with her, the woman that would soon be invading the moon. Serenity looked up and looked at each of her senshi, she could not imagine the pain she would feel if they turned their backs on her. Sure she was lazy at times, and she did not always listen and her senshi had gotten mad at her at times, but they always made up.

She hadn’t realized she was crying from this news, but she rose a hand to wipe away her tears. “I’m so sorry this happened Endymion.” She said, thinking that this was somehow all her fault. If she had listened to her mother and senshi, then maybe this would not be happening, but it was and they needed to get to safety.

When Venus said they had to get out and get to the Queen, Serenity followed behind the senshi and still held tight to Endymion’s hand. As they ran, Serenity turned to Endymion and said, “I know somewhere we can go that will be safe. I just have to make sure it’s okay to go there.” She said as she turned her gaze back to her senshi.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 5:34 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 ZYDZFM0

Silent and brooding, Kunzite remained enclosed in his personal environment as his men began to question the reasons behind their actions. He listened closely, not speaking a word, his gaze both cold and confused at the same time. Anyone looking at him would find the swirling gray of his eyes to be darkened by his deep thinking. Nephrite's words battled with Beryl's, and Kunzite found himself wondering what was truly the right path.

He could feel the ribbon in his pocket burning, reminding him of the feelings he had buried. What would she think of him when she saw him marching to destroy her and her princess? 

Should he even care about what she thought? Did she care about him? 

Something in his chest felt as if it were tightening, and Kunzite knew that he had to continue with their plan. Beryl's intentions were good - she just wanted to protect the planet she loved, just like them. 

And so Kunzite did as he was told and went to prepare the Earth's royal army. "This is our duty," he said to the other shittenou. "There should be no further questions." 

The remainder of his time on Earth felt like a dream. His feet moved on their own, his brain ran strictly on the lust for justice and vengeance. No one would get away with manipulating him - Sailor Venus included.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 7:56 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Sailor%20Mars%20RP%20Header_zpsork9jpet
The Shitennou were with Beryl, the woman leading Earth's forces to war with them?  Maybe they were just playing the part so that they could turn things around and stop the attack?  The thought was immediately dismissed though, the Prince's demeanor when asked about his guards was defeated.  He had been betrayed by his guards, those charged to be loyal to him-the thought sunk in.  She had been betrayed, the Senshi had been betrayed, their Moon Kingdom had been betrayed.  Her eyes glanced to Serenity and she breathed in deeply, nothing could make me betray her.  Her time with Jadeite had her convinced that he had felt the same way about Endymion.  They both were of the same mind that not even their own relationship would be an obstacle in their loyalty for their charges.  So he's with Beryl then... Her fists tightened and a scowl grew across her face.  Mars steeled her resolve, No matter what, I will protect Serenity.

Her attention quickly returned to the situation as the group moved for the secret entrance.  Mars brought up the rear listening for any following footsteps as she processed the rest of the information. The attack would be soon, the Prince's urgency, fear, and the fact that he had traveled to the Moon, had Mars figuring that it would be real soon.  They needed to warn the Queen, she could get the people moving better than anyone.  But where would all of the non-fighters go?  The safest place on the Moon, the palace maybe?  How many could they get off the Moon and towards other planets?  Should Earth win this war, would they target other planets in the Solar System?  Her heart thumped loudly, would Earth win? Mars breathed deeply, regaining control of her spiraling thoughts.  She needed to protect Serenity, if she failed, then nothing else mattered...
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 11:13 pm

—TIMESKIP –

Now that everyone was ready, Beryl stood in front of the Earth Kingdom army, commanding them. She explained yet again that the Moon Kingdom needed to be toppled at all costs and that their spying and manipulating had to stop. This was the only way. She would lend power to all of them so that they might combat the moon’s magic, and each of the soldiers, the Shitennou included, felt blessed with a new power. A power that enhanced their darkest sides, warping their minds and filling them with nothing but hatred for the Moon Kingdom denizens.

Kill the queen, Beryl reminded them. She is the most dangerous of them all. And don’t spare anyone else, either.

Then a huge portal opened in the courtyard of the palace. It led straight to the Moon, Beryl said. And nobody hesitated. The entire army plunged themselves into the portal, with the Shitennou in the lead. When they emerged on the other side, they were greeted by the serene and beautiful view of the Moon Kingdom.

A view they would soon destroy.

“Commence attacking!” a voice called out, and with a triumphant roar, the earth’s soldiers swarmed toward the city, making a clear path toward the palace. Chaos immediately ensued.

Meanwhile, the senshi emerged into the throne room to find it empty. Panicking, they searched for the queen in the immediate area, but could not find her, unaware that she was on her way to the dungeon. The cats, who had gone to warn as many people as they could, were not there either.

When the senshi could hear the sounds of battle beginning outside, Venus took charge. “Mercury, go help evacuate the people into the palace, we have better defense in here. Mars, command our armies and have everyone fight back, right away. Jupiter, can you take Serenity somewhere safe, far away from all this? I will keep looking for the queen and tell her what’s going on.”

She spared a brief look to each of the women and squeezed their hands. “We can do this. Do not let anything happen to Serenity,” this last one she said to Jupiter. “I’m trusting you, Jupiter, soldier of protection.”

Lastly, she grabbed Serenity’s hands and, after a brief hesitation, embraced her tightly. “Be safe. Please listen to Jupiter and don’t do anything… I can’t lose you. We can’t lose you.”

With one last glance at everyone, Venus ran, her heart filled with fear for what she might see once she stepped outside.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 11:56 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 NqEH0jF

The rumors were true then, Earth was on their way to attack the Moon, and they were officially at war. This Beryl woman had somehow rallied an entire army to destroy them with her dark magic, and...the Shitennou had fallen in line with her. Jupiter regretted asking the question now.

All four of them were on her side. But...why? Why would any of them betray their prince like that? It just didn't sit well with her. She had spent a lot of her time with Nephrite, and she knew very well that he wasn't the kind of man to go back on his loyalty. She had thought that he deeply cared for Endymion...and herself. But maybe she had just been blinded by her own emotions to see him clearly. Her stunned expression changed to one of determination.

No, she refused to believe Nephrite had turned against them until she saw it herself. Right now, they would focus on the impending army.

When they went to see the Queen, she was already gone from the throne room, and nowhere nearby either. Not even Luna or Artemis were nearby to talk to, leaving the senshi alone to handle the fight that had begun outside the palace walls. Jupiter was relieved when Venus started giving out orders, but was shocked at her own assignment. 

She was in charge of protecting Serenity alone? But...that had always seemed to be Venus's role, being her closest guard and body double. But Venus said she trusted her, and Jupiter could not say no after hearing that. Like she had been reminded, she was the Soldier of Protection, and Jupiter would fulfill that title just like every senshi before her did. 

"I'll guard her with my dying breath..." She gave a resolute nod and watched as their leader hugged the Princess and ran out the room. As the other senshi dispersed, Jupiter was left with Serenity and Endymion. After taking a calming breath, she turned to face them.

"You said you knew of a safe place earlier. How about we go there?" she asked Serenity, trying her best to not look tense. They needed to stay level headed and not panic.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 2:44 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Fq6Xhqi

Artemis watched as the Queen left the throne room frantically and headed for the dungeons herself. It wasn't exactly proper protocol for the Queen to visit the prisoner herself - normally guards would escort him to be addressed by her - but he was relieved she could realize the gravity of the situation without having to explain more. A few guards were left to guard the queen's quarters as she ordered, and the cats headed outside.

"Until they return, we should patrol outside and stay alert for any signs of danger," Artemis commented.

They wandered impatiently around for a while, when something caught their attention in the distance. Something was forming... It looked like some sort of energy field? Artemis dashed forward so he could get a better look.

Were those people coming through that field? No, that's a portal! he realized. Still a bit too far to discern faces, it did not take him long to realize that it was an entire army that was invading through that portal. That could only mean one thing.

They're here.

That dreadful moment had arrived. And neither the Senshi nor the Queen were anywhere in sight. What should they do? They never had reason to prepare for anything like that.

Commence attacking!

A loud voice echoed. That steeled his resolve - there was no time to lose. "Luna!" he cried out. "We must warn the citizens! We must not let them get caught in the middle of the battlefield!"

Artemis began rushing through the kingdom, not looking back once, and started yelling as loudly as he could.

"The people of the Earth are attacking us! The people of the Earth are attacking us! Head to the palace for shelter!"
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 5:29 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 QTecmB9

Hastening after Sailor Venus' commands, Sailor Mercury booted up the Moon's central computer and immediately keyed an alarm. Her white-gloved fingers flew across the keyboards and controls, expertly navigating the interface that she herself had designed. It was not something she had ever hoped to use, but this was a situation they had never hoped to live through. She only hoped this alert would reach the people in time to prevent as many casualties as possible. She broadcast a quick message: "All citizens, this is not a drill! All citizens, evacuate to the Moon Castle! I repeat, this is not a drill!"

And then she was off, rushing through the castle and into the city proper. Mercury spotted Luna and Artemis among the crowds, and she felt a brief and transitory surge of relief. They were already here, trying to help before the army could make more progress. She joined in.

"To the Moon Castle, everyone! Assist your family and neighbors!" she called.

The people swarmed around her, panicked and frightened. This was a peaceful place, unaccustomed to war and strife. The thought that they could be under attack seemed difficult for some of the citizens to comprehend, until they looked up and saw the swirling darkness of the portal that flooded Earth soldiers and militia onto their world. The sight was so eerie and horrible that it convinced even the most stalwart of disbelievers. They clung to each other, children crying as mothers carried or dragged them along. Elderly men and women were held by their sons and daughters, hurrying them away from danger. Sailor Mercury rushed among them, providing assistance where needed and keeping everyone moving into the palace.

As she looked out towards the battle coming ever closer, she only hoped the people would be safely guarded within the Moon Castle in time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 6:11 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 NbNNUGc

Once he arrived at the other side of the portal, Jadeite looked at the beautiful scenery of the Moon Kingdom, determined that the only right thing to do now was this. No matter if Endymion would hate him, no matter if Mars would despise him, no matter how many of them would die - it is was the right way to stop the Moon Kingdom. And the only one.

The short blond hair of the young knight waved in the wind, the lights of the Palace shining in his eyes and reflecting in the slate blue iris of him. What a beautiful sight it was... Too bad that he needed to lay it in ashes today.

The right hand that was leaning onto his hip bone just a few seconds ago, now slid down to his sword, gripping the handle tightly and eventually pulling it out of the shed.
"The time has come," he said as he turned around to the soldiers behind him, the sword being right above the ground. "And there is no way back now. The Moon Kingdom will be destroyed today - once and for all."

"Don't show any mercy. The Lunarians won't do so either. And fight with everything you have - until the bitter end. Remember - we're only doing this to make our home to a better place. So show some loyalty to your country and fight bravely."

His eyes, serious and decisive, wandered through the rows of soldiers, receiving comprehension and zeal.
For a moment his eyebrows raised, grateful that they had such brave soldiers to fight alongside, until he eventually nodded affirmatively, raising his arm with the sword in the air and turning around to let a loud, infuriated yell out.

As if by magic Jadeite started running, no - sprinting, his posture offensive and tons of soldiers behind him.

"ROT IN HELL!"
His sword lowered at a fast pace, the blade cutting the tendons and muscles of the Lunarian's neck. He heard him screaming for a second, then silence - the blood leaking on the ground with a few drops splashing on his suit.

However, he stayed emotionless, starting running again to start with the real slaughter.
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 1:23 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 PcjJFTy

Her fast steps down the stairs to the dungeon matched up with Queen Serenity's own quickened heartbeat. The further she descended downward into the dank and must halls, the more her thoughts darkened as well. Was it wise of her to come here unescorted? She couldn't think of a time she visited the Palace Dungeon alone. She proceeded down the stairway regardless, her white and flowing dress extraordinarily out of place with her surroundings.

Queen Serenity could hear voices the closer she got to the ground floor. Male voices, almost whispering. The sounded panicked and urgent. When she turned the corner, she could find two of the palace guards-now leaning into on another-whispering into each others ears-as if afraid of getting caught. Queen Serenity cleared her throat loudly, causing the two men to freeze in their tracks. Their bodies stiffened, and they didn't turn around to greet her like royal customs dictated. A pang of anxiety gripped her heart as they turned around slowly and carefully shifting their bodies in front of something-clearly something that they did not want her to see.

Queen Serenity felt anger boil in her chest. First they don't give her the details she needs, now they're deliberately hiding the prisoner from her! Queen Serenity didn't think twice about stomping as she approached them-they were hiding volatile information from the leader of the moon!

"Stand aside." She ordered-her voice so sharp, it could cut through the wall. The two men flinched, but stayed put.

"I said move." Queen Serenity's teeth clenched. What absurdity was this!?

The two men looked at each other nervously. After what seemed like an eternity, the two nodded reluctantly and stepped aside, leaving the Queen to emit an audible gasp as they did.

The door's lock was destroyed. While it was clear that there was was a prisoner in this cell at one point, but she and the two guards were the only people in the dungeon now.

And this frightened Queen Serenity deeply. Without another word to the guards, she spun on her heels and quickly ran up the stairs as fast as she could, narrowly tripping on the edge of her gown as she ran.

There was no need to question the guards. The destruction below was obvious. The prisoner had escaped. Queen Serenity began to skip two, three stairs at a time, her breath coming out in ragged pants. She had to sound the alarms, and put the palace on lockdown. She needed to make sure the Silver Crystal was safe, and that Serenity was safe by her side during this turbulent time. 

Serenity..!! The Queen could only fear what were to happen if this intruder encountered her first!

Last edited by Cosmos-Hime on 21st August 2015, 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : the wall hasn't blown up; just the lock)
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 1:27 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Z9xF44B_zpshhzwb1gt

Beryl and the army got through the portal to the Moon Kingdom. As she let them loose to attack she heard a voice yelling, Metallia had strengthened the powers of everyone and warping their minds. Beryl watched as the army rushed to attack. She had to decide what her next move would be. She thought that all of the Shittennou and her would be fighting together, but then she saw Jadeite run off to attack on his own. Beryl was annoyed that he'd chosen to go off on his own instead of following the plan. She hoped the other Shittennou would go with her to find the Princess and her protectors. "Shall we go search for the Princess?" Beryl asked.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 7:35 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Prince12

Serenity felt as if everything was happening to fast. The chaos was beginning to be too much for Serenity to handle. When Venus pulled her into an embrace, Serenity couldn’t hold back the tears any longer.

“Venus, please don’t go. I don’t want anything bad to happen to you. I don’t want anything bad to happen to anyone. Why is this happening?”

Serenity felt her heart ache as Venus left. She feared she would never see Venus again. Mercury and Mars had left to and now Serenity was with Jupiter.  Her hands felt a longing from Venus’ embrace and Serenity was afraid of what would happen, but she had to press forward. She couldn’t give up now. She had to make sure she got to safety. Serenity hoped everyone would be safe, but the chaos around her told her she was likely wrong.

When Jupiter mentioned the safety spot, Serenity nodded. She wiped her tears away. She spoke, her voice shaky, “Yes, I know a place. Please follow me.”

Serenity walked towards the sacred prayer room, she hoped it was safe. She didn’t want to venture too far from Jupiter or Endymion. She glanced back to make sure they were still there.

After crossing a few halls and walking through several doorways, they arrived at the sacred prayer room of the castle. Serenity opened the door to find the room still intact.

Serenity walked towards the stairs that were under the open ceiling. She felt her knees go weak as she collapsed onto the steps. She couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. She cried out for this terrible attack was going to cause so many people a great deal of pain.

Serenity couldn’t help but feel guilty; she had fallen in love with Endymion, and lied to her mother to sneak off to Earth just to see him. Serenity jerked up at the thought of her mother. She hadn’t seen her mother since early in the morning.

Serenity rose and paced the room; she didn’t know what to do. Was her mother safe? Was she already dead? The thought of her mother being gone caused Serenity to sob. She was afraid that she would never see her mother, or her senshi again and the thought caused Serenity’s body to tremble violently as she sobbed, fearing the worst.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 11:22 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Sailor%20Mars%20RP%20Header_zpsork9jpet
Mars cursed silently as their group stood in the now empty throne room.  The sounds of war began to fill her ears, soon became now.  They hadn't prepared at all, the soldiers were not organized, the people had not been evacuated, they hadn't even informed the Queen!  Venus didn't waste any time, as the leader she gave them their duties quickly.  Though Mars wanted to stay with Serenity, she knew what her duties were.  She met Venus's gaze and after steeling one last glance at Serenity and the others, she took off sprinting out of the throne room.

Mars fired off orders to the guards she passed in the halls on her way to the Captains' area.  "You, go summon every able body to duty-You, go sound the battle alarms-You, summon all the captains."  The orders rolled off her tongue even as she studied the situation, they have the advantage of a surprise attack, every second we lose ground to them as we react defensively.  I need more information... Mars paused at a large window and looked out on the horizon, a large black tear taking up her view and a rather large army filled her eyes.  Although the army appeared to be in one group, it looked as though sections were beginning to pull off.  She watched coldly as the group that broke off attacked a nearby group of citizens, they had showed no mercy.  A calm rage began to burn at the core of her being as she continued on down to the Captains' area where they all waited, dressed for war, ready to defend.

Mars spared only a few seconds to catch her breath before filling the Captains in on the situation. Earth was attacking, the people were being evacuated into the Palace, they were showing no mercy.  She sectioned off a few groups to stay near the Palace and hold.  However she kept most of the main forces for the battle, if they didn't win this battle... there was no going back.  After giving out her commands, Mars looked at each Captain, they were all from her home planet.  The Moon was a peaceful place, unsuspecting and unprepared for war.  In contrast her own home was militaristic in culture, though presently at peace, it had been host to numerous wars in its past.  Military leaders were sent from Mars to the Moon to train its people for-well, for war.  She had known these Captains since she was a small child.  They were leaders, competent and capable, quick on their feet, and strategically minded.

Mars lead the Captains out to a balcony overlooking the yard where a small army gathered. She stood tall, back straight, hands by her side and cleared her throat, "Earth has declared war on the Moon.  Now is the time for action, not hesitation else our peaceful kingdom and all of is citizens will be lost."  Her voice rose, steady firm, "They are showing our people no mercy, we shall respond in kind. They have taken the advantage by attacking first but remember-This. Is. Your. Home. They fight to destroy. We fight to protect." She looked out on the horizon, the enemy was getting closer, there was no more time.  She nodded to the Captains as they rallied their troops. 

In just a few moments the army was ready to move. Mars lead the front-line with the other Captains out to the field.  Eyes forward she could see an army rushing forward, the battle had already begun.  She took a deep breath and focused her energy, before she took off running towards the enemy, the sound of clanging metal behind her told her that the Moon army followed. As the two armies clashed, Mars used a combination of martial arts and her fire to combat the invaders.  As she moved around the battlefield, she noticed a hill a little off to the side with a good vantage point.  She gracefully leaped up to the top and took up an archery position.  Using her flame arrows, Mars began sniping the enemy soldiers.
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime21st August 2015, 11:27 pm

Queen Serenity burst through the heavy doors the led to the stairwell, out of breath. She leaned against the wall, sweat dripping from her brow.

The intruder escaped
. And her daughter was outside the castle somewhere. If only she'd suggested somewhere else to study! The Queen lifted her head up, suddenly becoming aware of her surroundings-she had to tell someone! She had to find her daughter!

Suddenly there was shouting-and lots of it. The Queen's breath caught in her throat as she noticed a heavy number of guards dart out the palace entry. As she turned the corner, the bigger picture became noticeable.

There were doses of guards in the main hall-more guards then she'd ever seen in the room in her lifetime. She could recognized them-many of them were generals and her finest trained. They had parchments placed out on  tables that had been brought from elsewhere in the palace. As some of the solders barked commands, Queen Serenity took a glance outside one of the windows.

There was a very dull flame-like blotch on the horizon. It flicked back and forth, like a candle in the wind. Queen Serenity shook her head as her ears began to ring.

"What's happening?" She mumbled out loud as her head began to spin. She had never experienced such intense fear before! What was going on? What was happening to her kingdom!?
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 6:22 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 QukHlBm

Nephrite remained calm as he stepped through the portal that brought him to the Moon Kingdom. He felt as if part of him should be balking at this, this foreign magic, yet every time those thoughts rose, they were buried by the brainwashing. He was single minded in his task: get revenge on the Moon Kingdom and on Jupiter for manipulating him how she did. His pride would not stand the humiliation.

He noted Jadeite ran off almost as soon as he landed. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see how displeased Beryl was with it, and stuck with them for a while, helping their army advanced against the initial Moon Kingdom forces. As soon as he found an opportunity to break off on his own, he did.

He would find her, and he would make her pay for thinking she could use him.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 6:53 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 Tumblr_inline_nsf42qBw1M1tzr4xa_540

As Zoisite entered the portal, there were no doubts left, only their goals. The Moon Kingdom would fall tonight. He was confident upon teleporting to the moon beyond logic. Anyone would have been nervous. This was the first time Earthian would travel from Earth to the moon. In any other time, nobody would have been able to keep him in place. He would have been excited, curious, practical about it. He would have wanted to know everything, how it worked, where exactly they would land...

The surge of power delighted him and when he appeared on moon's grounds, there was nothing on his features that expressed more than his determination. Surely the surroundings were quite a sight, but anything that made Zoisite an intellectual man, living off curiosity was no more. It had been ripped apart and changed for a colder soldier whose sole idea was to crush anyone getting in his way. He looked down at his hands, green energy enveloping his hands. This would be interesting.

When Jadeite took off without waiting for an order Zoisite scoffed and ordered the men following him to wait. He looked at Beryl and listened to her, accepting to walk deeper into this territory for now. She would need help to deal with this Kingdom's army, though he noticed with satisfaction that the surprise attack had worked in their favor, but he always knew they needed to get rid of the princess' guardians if their Lady wanted this plan to work.

"If you want the princess to be helpless, let us deal with her guardians, Lady Beryl. They would be foolish not to split up now that they are overwhelmed. Let me open the way for you."

He made a motion that could be taken as a respectful one before he led his section towards a commotion that didn't seem to be from any armies battling on the ground. Perhaps it was the civilian being evacuated, but Zoisite wasn't sure and didn't care. Everything would be annihilated on their path.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 8:51 pm

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 NqEH0jF

Jupiter followed after Serenity as she led her and Endymion further into the palace. At first, she had no idea where they were being taken, and then she recognized the path. This was the Sacred Prayer room, a place only the monarchy went. Jupiter closed the door behind them, just as Serenity collapsed on the stairs to cry. Jupiter couldn't bear to watch her break down, so she kept her back turned.

Faint cries of battle reached them, even in the heart of the castle, and Jupiter wondered how the other senshi were doing. Were they all fighting against the Earth's army now? She had all intentions of protecting their princess, but sitting in a room as a war raged around them with no way to tell what was going on was going to drive her insane. She heard footsteps approaching their hiding spot, but there was no way to tell if they were allies or enemies. Jupiter sighed and turned around to face Serenity. 

"I'm going to see what's down the hallway," she said. "And I'm locking the door behind me. Just..." She forced a smile on her face. "Just pray in here until I get back, okay? Prince Endymion, please keep an eye on her." Jupiter slipped out the door again, and then dragged a broken column in front of it for good measure. "I'll be back..." she said, quieter. She turned away and ran back down the hall, towards the intruders. And when she turned the next corner, Nephrite was there. Jupiter froze at the sight of him, looking at his altered military uniform, stained with blood in places. But whose was it? And that empty stare...

"Nephrite...what are you doing here?" she asked. She made no move towards him, but stood her ground in the middle of the hall.

Last edited by JupiterThunderCrash on 22nd August 2015, 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 9:30 pm

It had taken him longer than he wanted to be able to find her, having used the stars that were so readily available on the Moon to track her to a hallway in the palace. It was almost too easy, yet there she stood, right in front of him.

Why had she confronted him? Was she trying to block his path from going down the hall? Was the Princess there? While the Princess may be one of Beryl’s top priorities, Nephrite had other concerns than the fragile Moon Princess.

“I’ve come to stop you,” he sneered. Why did she seem so surprised that he was here?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 9:44 pm

"Stop me...?" Since when did Nephrite ever talk to her like that? He was acting like she had done something heinous to him, but she didn't know what. They hadn't even seen each other since a few weeks ago... She was getting impatient with him now. Just who did he think he was, storming down the halls as if he were the just one?

"Stop me from doing what?" Jupiter said, glaring at him now. "My job? It was your army that came here unprovoked! We're just defending ourselves." Her eyes softened again. "Nephrite, why is Earth doing this? I thought the Prince and Princess were happy together? Why fight us now, when we could have had peace? Doesn't that mean anything to you? Didn't we mean anything to you?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 9:57 pm

“Did you really think we wouldn’t see through your manipulative ways?” he demanded, his hand resting on the hilt of his sword, ready to draw at a moment’s notice. “You and your Princess have toyed with my Prince long enough! I will not stand for it. We aim to put an end to your attempt to control Earth. We are free citizens, controlled by no higher power”

“Mean anything to me?” he laughed darkly. “It was quite obvious that I meant nothing to you. How long were you planning on stringing me along, hmm?” As he talked, he began advancing on her. If he could keep her mind occupied with his words, perhaps she wouldn’t see his attack coming.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime22nd August 2015, 10:21 pm

Jupiter listened as Nephrite ranted on about manipulation and controlling Earth, confused as to how he had come up with it. Just where had this all come from? It wasn't making any sense for him to suddenly mistrust the moon kingdom. And to accuse her of stringing him along? This wasn't Nephrite. If he really thought that, he would have said it long ago.

"What Serenity and Endymion have is love, not some ruse!" she said. She still remembered them in the dungeons, holding hands and staring at each other. No, that could never be fake. You couldn't lie when you looked at someone like that, and her princess was far from the type of woman to use emotions as tools.

"You meant more to me that you probably should have..." Jupiter continued, voice wavering. She refused to break down here, not while she was entrusted with Serenity's life. "I would never pretend to love someone, especially not you!" As hidden as it was, she had cherished their relationship. It was the kind that she didn't find often, and he was one of the few who had forced their way past her intimidating exterior and into her heart. 

"I don't know what's gotten into you, but...you need to stop this! Stop this nonsense about us trying to control the Earth and come to your senses!"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2015, 3:50 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 11j0jQz

Where was Queen Serenity?!

Venus asked every guard she met, but none of them seemed to know. Was it just a coincidence that the queen disappeared at this critical moment? Had something happened to her? And where were the cats? Did they know what was going to happen yet?

So many questions ran through her mind as she ran from room to room, searching for her queen. In the distance she could hear the telltale sound of battle cries and chaos slowly spreading out into the city. Cold fear gripped her as she took a moment to realize that this was really happening. It made no sense, and she still couldn’t believe it, but they were actually being attacked.

Why?

Had one sorceress truly managed to turn an entire planet against the Moon Kingdom? There must be something else going on here, but she didn’t have time to figure out. Despite everything, she wished she could see Kunzite. Surely if she could just talk to him, everything could be straightened out. There must be an explanation.

Finally as she turned into another corridor, she saw Queen Serenity’s figure standing in front of the window. She looked pale, and rightly so. Venus ran toward her.

“Your Majesty! We are under attack!” she called out, stopping breathlessly in front of her. “The Earth people have attacked us. Endymion warned us—he said some witch was manipulating them—but it was too late. I’ve asked Mars to mobilize our army, Mercury to evacuate the civilians, and Jupiter is taking the princess somewhere safe. What else do you want me to do?”
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2015, 7:56 am

“Come to my senses? I’ve already come to my senses. You need to tell the truth. You never loved me, or anyone else. People from the Moon are cold hearted, only caring about controlling others.” He drew his sword then, the freshly polished metal gleaming with the light.

“So tell me, how young do they begin to teach you to manipulate people?”

A small part of Nephrite blanched in horror at the words that were spilling out of his mouth. He tried desperately to stop. This wasn’t him, these weren’t the things he believed in. While he had been initially suspicious of the people from the Moon, he was Endymions guard after all, and it was his job, they had eventually won him over. She had won him over. And now? Now he was tossing it away, and for what?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2015, 9:50 am

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 KPibvIa
She had been sorry that things had happened this way, as though it was somehow her fault. She was making plans for their safety, as though his was now her responsibility, as though his arrival had been to save himself rather than protect her and her people. Part of him would have been shamed if he wasn't still overwhelmingly grateful that she was still alive, but that didn't stop him from making his own plans in the back of his mind, attempting to find ways to ensure she stayed that way: alive and well and caring about the people who probably deserved it the least. He had nodded when she suggested the safe room while running - if she thought it was safe enough for the both of them, it should serve to protect her at the very least.

When the six of them had finally stopped running they had been in a throne room, clean and bright, accented with marble in a fashion that was both welcoming and stern, inviting and foreboding. Queen Serenity herself must have been both to be in charge of a civilization such as hers, where the dungeons were empty, her people were loyal, and her daughter was as caring as she was. He kept tight hold of Serenity's hand as her senshi separated to check the surrounding area; he kept his eyes on her, watching as Serenity's worry escalated. As his ears caught wind of the battle beginning outside and Venus gave her senshi commands, he released Serenity's hand gently and stepped back. 

It had begun. He had been too late to warn them; whatever defense they could mount now would take an incredible general at the head, and with the chaotic sounds already raging, any ceasefire would be hard fought. How many screams were sounding? How many innocents dying now, at the hands of his people? It turned his stomach even as it strengthened his resolve. He had to do something. He had to show his people that he was on the side of the Moon - maybe then, when faced with killing him, they would lay down their arms. And if not, maybe the sacrifice of the offending planet's prince would be enough to save the innocents back on his planet from whatever wrath may befall them after this attack.

When assignments had been given, he watched as Venus grasped each of their hands, her words firm and encouraging, but he could feel the tension in the air. She placed Serenity's safety above all else, and addressed her last, holding her closely to say her farewell; she seemed to hear but not respond to Serenity's plea before she released her and ran off to find the Queen. He hadn't been given any instructions. She hadn't even looked at him - was it because he was an independent party, or that she may have wanted him to do what he needed to? 

Regardless of what Venus may have wanted to express, once Mercury and Mars left in similar fashion, Jupiter turned to the both of them and, her voice purposefully calm, asked that Serenity take them to her intended safe room. Shaking and wiping away tears, Serenity did so, and he followed closely after her; he would make sure she was safe, say his farewells, and leave her with her guardian as he tried to fix this before it was too late, else help as much as he could to defend the Moon. The way she kept turning around to look at them, her blue eyes still wet with tears, he felt she knew what he had in mind. Would she try to follow him? He had to make sure that didn't happen - he was trained for war, she was not. She needed to stay safe, well away from harm; if she were threatened - if anything happened to her...

Finally they arrived at their destination. Serenity pulled open wide doors to reveal a circular room, open to the stars above. His eyes first went there, and his stomach flipped uncomfortably, seeing Earth peeking over the rim of the chamber almost ominously. He averted his gaze, watching as Serenity moved towards the upward-climbing stairs beside three erect crystals, their size immense, their purpose unknown to him; what was this room? Why was this room, open to the sky, the safest? Jupiter seemed to approve, however, so he guessed there was some sort of protection at work he was ignorant to. He turned to Jupiter to take his leave, to explain where he was going and what he intended to do, but Serenity's quiet crying halted his tongue, his heart reacting intensely. Jupiter was turned away, facing the door she had just secured, leaving her princess to fret and mourn alone, and he felt pointedly responsible for all of it. How simple their lives must have been before he had gotten involved; if he had just listened to reason and left them alone - if he hadn't been so selfish as to invite them to the ball, to dance with her, to allow himself to fall in love with the Moon Princess, would any of this be happening? If he hadn't fallen in love with... 

He loved her. 

He was in love with Serenity, Princess of the Moon Kingdom. 

Was this why Beryl had so little effect on him? Without having met her, without falling in love with her, would he be out there now, helping in this massacre? He turned back to watch as Serenity rose and began pacing, wondering at his revelation. 

Jupiter spoke then, announcing that she, too, was leaving. He saw the forced smile on her face as she addressed Serenity, and the hint of fear and tension in her eyes as she requested he watch over her. She slipped out of the door and moments later he heard a heavy thump just outside the doors - she had barricaded them in. The act alone was evidence enough that she didn't fully believe she would be coming back. And Serenity... 

Her last friend had just left. She would have no idea where they were, what they were doing, if they'd even come back, and she was left here alone, only able to pray for their safety. Pray to what gods? The gods that saw fit to allow this to happen in the first place? She had already been trembling before Jupiter left - he closed the distance between them quickly and caught her in his arms just in front of the largest of the three crystalline structures. He held her close, offering whatever support he could through his embrace, all the while knowing that soon, he, too, would have to leave her to ensure she stay safe.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime23rd August 2015, 11:19 am

Jupiter felt her hands clench uncomfortably tight, restraining herself from reacting to his claims. but every word was like its own stab to her. She knew Nephrite couldn't possibly mean it, but a small part of her already thought he did. The part that always doubted the possibility of them working out. The part that wanted to kill him now before he could do any more harm.

The people of the moon could never interact with the people of Earth, right? This was just the consequences of breaking the rule. She shouldn't have let him get so close to her, and now it was backfiring. He drew his blade, and she struggled to come up with something to snap him out of whatever had grabbed hold of his mind. She'd do all that she could to save him before she gave up.

"If you're so set on fighting me, then do it. But I won't let you get to anyone else while I'm still alive!" Jupiter said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous   [Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Hardcore Event] The Lunar Chronicles: Phase III - Waxing Gibbous

View previous topic View next topic Back to top