The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

[Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 11:06 am

There was a 'what do you plan on cosplaying next thread' that dates from February, but I don't think I saw about THE Dream Cosplay of your life.

What's a Dream Cosplay?

Usually, when we speak about Dream Cosplay, it's about Cosplay that are not yet on your level but you wish hard to be able to do them one day (so hard that it would be "close the a life achievement to make it") -> this is an exageration, but I think you get the point. It has a deep meaning, is linked with something of your past, is a cosplay you want to do since the dawn of ages, it's something so hard you longingly look at it and cry at night over it (-coughs- I'm kidding now).

But Dream Cosplays aren't always hard, sometimes, it's really just the character that changed your life and is easy, but it would give you the same "life achievement" feeling than the one above.

Yes, it is usually ONE dream cosplay (your biggest one) but if you have two that are really a tie, well let's hear them both Very Happy

And if you have a story to go with the reason this cosplay is your Dream one and you are comfortable in sharing, you can do so~

#cosplay #cosplaymisc
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 11:30 am

Oh, I really like the idea of this topic Very Happy So I guess I'll start and talk about my dream cosplay xD

To be honest, it is more than one dream cosplay - actually I have several dream cosplays.
The reason behind it is just that I'm 15, thus underage and thus not allowed to order things myself xD This means I would have to ask my mom to order it for me (since we don't have a shop here for this) and this is the point where the plan stops to work xD
It took me quite a long time to make my parents accept my love for animes and mangas - now I finally got them to buy me OSTs - but I'm sure they still aren't willing to buy me cosplays, let alone to let me go to conventions. (They don't even know that I'm registered on this fan forum lol they'd probably kill me xD)
Anyway, this is why I have lots of dream cosplays xD If I could, I would buy them all and then I wouldn't have a dream cosplay anymore...but since I'm not allowed to I have several dream cosplays xD

But now over to the cosplays itself - I feel like I already talked too much xD
First of all, I'd love to cosplay one of the Sailor Moon characters. Since Sailor Moon was the first anime I've ever watched, I would love to play one of those characters, probably Rei in her school uniform.
I would love to cosplay Princess Serenity as well but the problem is...I'm Asian - small, dark eyes, other Asian features - no. It just doesn't work with the blond blue-eyed Serenity xD So this will probably be a dream cosplay for ever xD
Anyway, now over to the next ones xD I would love to cosplay Korra from LOK as well as Azula from ATLA. Also, Asuna from Sword Art Online and Kanade Tachibana from Angel Beats would be nice to cosplay too...

So yes, I have maaaaany dream cosplays and I really hope I can realize it all once I can order the things for it myself xD
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 12:14 pm

Yeah ordering things online are a problem (even at the legal age to be honest).
One thing however about one of your dream cosplay: Princess Serenity is totally in your range and needs not to stay a dream cosplay forever. In the original anime anyway, Usagi / Serenity are asian and yet are cosplayed by every other person, which actually isn't really where I was going. What I meant was for you not to stop yourself at this. (Sera Myu are all asian Sailor Moon and to be honest they're cute as hell) If you want to do it, go for it. As for the eyes, you can wear contact lenses or (if your eyes are like mine and difficult) just go out without the right eye color.

If you are able to buy / make the dress, buy / make the wig, other details shouldn't stop you from achieving it (as you said, it might take the time you're adult and able to buy your own stuff, but it's not impossible and doesn't have to stay just a dream forever).

As my end words, I do hope for you that you'll be able to achieve all of those dream cosplays one day Very Happy Keep dreaming and don't give up on them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 7:53 pm

All the characters in Sailor Moon are Asian in all incarnations, especially PGSM and Sera Myu, what are you talking about xD Well except for some of the aliens maybe o.o

But yeah, I'm pretty sure Usagi/Serenity is small as well, and with a wig/contacts you'd be perfect for it!

I know I've always wanted to do a big cosplay group with other people to make up a 10 senshi team, but I don't know who I want to pick exactly. My hair fits Rei's best, my height Jupiter's, but my favorite is Venus and Neptune and I don't know if I could pull that off.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 8:24 pm

I've done a cosplay before where I just bought the outfit online because I'm not much of a costume designer, so I did get one of my Dream Cosplays done as Hinata Hyuga from Naruto Shipudden. 

But I've also really wanted to do a Korra costume too ever since I started watching the Legend of Korra, so I'm with you on that one, Princess Moon. ^^ I'd love to get a whole Legend of Korra group together.

And from Sailor Moon I'd think I could do a really good Sailor Mercury cosplay if I had enough confidence to pull off the uniform. Mars has my hair but I'd hurt myself in heels.XD

And never worry about your character not fitting your looks, because then a lot of us would be pretty limited in what we could do I'd have a pretty small options pool if I had to go by skin and hair color alone. [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay 3884866259 Dress up as whoever you like the most and have fun with it!
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:07 am

Thank you, guys! But I don't know. The Myu and PGSM actresses have something - I really don't know what it is - that makes them look hella cute in these costumes. I can't really describe it but they have that feature and I don't have it, so xD
But thank you for your nice words - Maybe I'll do a Serenity cosplay...in the future...maybe...when I can order things xD

@ Mercury: Well, you can always wear a wig, so I think you shouldn't make it conditional on your hair (: Same goes for the height - even though you are tall, this isn't an obstacle for cosplaying smaller characters. The Chibiusa cosplayers aren't 3'6" either Very Happy

@JTC: Oh my god, a LOK squad group cosplay - that would be awesome haha Very Happy And you should totally do a Mercury cosplay Very Happy

Now that Merc said it, I'd love to do a Senshi group cosplay too xD This would be so awesome if you could find enough cosplayers to do that - just imagine the cool photos if you have a photoshoot with all of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:20 am

I would probably cosplay as Sailor Galaxia or Eternal Sailor Moon. Maybe Sailor Cosmos. As for non-SM I would cosplay Jean Grey from X-Men, Kikyo from Inuyasha, and maybe Tifa Lockhart from Final Fantasy VII.
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:18 pm

... I actually accomplished my dream cosplay a couple years ago.  [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay 1955989781

The cosplay I'm referring to is Theresa from Fable: The Lost Chapters. She's a bad ass character from my most favorite video game. She does wear armor, so it took many years of trail and error to make this costume happen. My husband is a very talented man and without him it never would of happened!
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:23 pm

You all have great dreams, I hope you'll be able to make them happen and congrats PockyPants for being able to have yours Very Happy

Have you worn it at conventions?
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:43 pm

Thank you! I did wear the costume at Dragon*Con 2013.  Not many people recognized the character but most seemed to think it looked nice at least! It was a lot of fun talking to people about it. Smile

I have a gallery for the costume here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.408394349272491.1073741827.201516763293585&type=3
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:50 pm

Admittedly I don't know Fable, but this is an awesome cosplay. You and your husband did a pretty amazing job at it. You wear it well also! Did you wear the blindfold in the crowd or was it just for the photoshoot?
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 5:57 pm

I walked around the entire con wearing the blindfold! A lot of people asked me "how do you see through that?" and I would respond with "I don't."  [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay 3884866259  I could point my head up and peek out the bottom of the blindfold to see well enough to walk around... but after doing that all weekend it made my neck hurt pretty bad.  Do not recommend.  lol
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 6:00 pm

There are fabrics that allow people to see through from one side but not from the other, maybe, if you plan on wearing it again, you could search for it? I don't know if there are some available in white though.

But yes, it must not have been easy xD I wear glasses and never wear them at conventions and I'm basically blind without them. It's hilarious to see me walk around.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime25th July 2015, 10:05 pm

PockyPants wrote:
Thank you! I did wear the costume at Dragon*Con 2013.  Not many people recognized the character but most seemed to think it looked nice at least! It was a lot of fun talking to people about it. Smile

I have a gallery for the costume here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.408394349272491.1073741827.201516763293585&type=3
That's a wonderful Theresa cosplay. Smile  Still waiting on Fable 4... 
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime27th July 2015, 6:25 pm

Princess Moon wrote:
Thank you, guys! But I don't know. The Myu and PGSM actresses have something - I really don't know what it is - that makes them look hella cute in these costumes. I can't really describe it but they have that feature and I don't have it, so xD
But thank you for your nice words - Maybe I'll do a Serenity cosplay...in the future...maybe...when I can order things xD

YOU WOULD BE AWESOME AS SERENITY. I've seen so many amazing asian cosplayers! You would look beautiful! Serenity is my dream cosplay too...with huge ass wings and everything. its also my dream wedding dress so... LETS WORK TOWARDS OUR DREAMS TOGETHER!

I would lovet o pull off a "sexy" cosplay... like my fiance says he would like to see me as Cammy from Street Fighter which is well um....very skimpy cosplay... XD But if i could pullthat off for him. Thatd be awesome.

I also really wanna do a super intricate magical girl costume, like one of the precure outfits or one from Card Captor Sakura. OR MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH. ALL THE CLASSIC MAGICAL GIRLS!!

>.>
Back to top Go down
SnowBunny
Star Seed

SnowBunny

Star Seed

Title : Snow Bunny

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 10:42 pm

For myself, I would love to cosplay as Kousagi (from SM Parallel) grown-up Chibiusa (from the anime) and also Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity.

I'm pretty short so I think I could do well with these characters, and my hubs tells me I'm cute all the time so I am confident enough to think I am pretty enough to cosplay, haha. Not that I think anyone isn't good enough for cosplay, I believe everyone should cosplay whoever and what ever they choose. 

Anyway, for me though, being almost 5'1" (ask the nurse who measured me) I think short characters would be good for me! The only issue is the grown-up version of Chibiusa, since I'm so tiny.

-flail-
[Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay 2869872805
Back to top Go down
http://moonpastry.deviantart.com
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 10:50 pm

As someone who cosplays and is short also (it's a curse really), I would tell you to cosplay anyone you wants, whether or not you think your height would be an obstacle. Cosplay is about the things you love and the work you put in, not about whether or not you're tall enough.

Sometimes, when I'm with friends who are way too tall for me, we try to indeed match the height and characters, but it's not a necessity in cosplay. If you are cosplaying alone or just with one other person, it should be even less of a cause to worry.

I do hope you'll be able to achieve these cosplays and don't hesitate to show progress reports around here when and if you start on them (or for any other cosplays you would realize also) ^^
Back to top Go down
SnowBunny
Star Seed

SnowBunny

Star Seed

Title : Snow Bunny

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 11:02 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! c:

I think I actually like being little, because I feel like it makes me cute. So I kind of like to choose tiny characters that are adorable to me.

The only real issue (aside from people negatively criticizing my cosplay if I was shorter than the char) would be large props / weapons that are larger than the character, haha. I think it would throw me off balance a bit if I chose a large prop (like Ichigo's weapon in Bleach, I forgot how to spell it).

I'm too lazy to lug 'em around all day anyway. Teehee~
Back to top Go down
http://moonpastry.deviantart.com
Hybryda
Star Seed

Hybryda

Star Seed

Title : Master of Disaster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime18th February 2016, 2:34 am

Oh my dream cosplay was always the dress Usagi got from Diamond, and well I did it some time ago. It was my dream long befor I knew what cosplay was XDD. (here, have some photos link link)

I don't have any new real dreams right now, I call them plans. Like I have a plan to make every item in SM manga. It will take forever but I really want to :>

Only thing that might be considered a dream is doing Zirconia. I love the old school puppets and would love to make her ala Jim Henson style <3
Back to top Go down
http://moonlight-pro.tumblr.com/ http://Hybryda.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/HybrydaArt
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime15th May 2016, 4:45 pm

Sorry I never saw this :c
This cosplay of Usagi's "prisoner dress" is wonderful and the pictures are really great! I really like that dress for a reason I have no idea, but yes. I like to see it cosplayed. It's nice that you've been able to do it, even if it was before learning of the cosplay world xD

And yes, making all the items is going to be long, but it's going to be great also.

If you end up doing Zirconia one day and you're still there, please do share!

I just noticed that I made the thread but never really answered the question myself.

PGSM!Zoisite is indeed one of my cosplay dreams and the number one. That and James Watson from Sanctuary (which would be easy as hell if it wasn't for his exoskeleton and the machine strapped to his chest). Celeborn from LotR is a close third.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay   [Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Your Dream Cosplay

View previous topic View next topic Back to top