The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups Empty
PostSubject: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 4:29 pm

Welcome to the Writing and Role-playing Guild Workshops! Your host will be me, VBabe. 

Each month the workshop will cover a different topic, alternating between a writing topic and a role-playing topic. The workshops will take place on the weekend in Skype and afterwards a thread with similar information will be posted in the guild, so the conversation can continue and those who couldn't make it can still benefit from the information. 

All you have to do is sign-up in this thread whenever a workshop is announced and, then, show up during the scheduled time. During the Skype workshop, you'll be expected to participate in an informal exercise that gives you practice in the topic. These exercises may involve you pairing with someone for a two-minute role-play, you posting a brief example of your work in the thread afterwards, or perhaps just the good faith that you worked on the exercise on your own while the Skype workshop was going on. 

So, without further ado, the first Writing and Role-playing Guild Workshop will be... 

(Role-playing) Fight Scenes
Saturday, May 30th, at 10:00 am CST. 

Sign-up below by posting your Skype username and a brief description of what you hope to learn or accomplish in the workshop.

Last edited by VBabe on 6th November 2015, 3:38 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 4:32 pm

I would like to sign up!

Skype name: addythegemini
What I'd like to learn: I can envision what I want but it doesn't always translate and sometimes I feel like what I write is awkward.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 5:01 pm

Omg yes!

Skype name: Yamichan16
I would like to learn how to write fight scenes in detail.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 7:54 pm

I'd like to sighn up as well!
Skype name: cosmos-hime
I would like to practice a bit more on any aspect of fighting.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 10:55 pm

That's a doable time for me, so why not.

Skype name: satineheart
I would like to learn how to write an engaging fight scene. I can write emotional stuff quite well but not so much action ones.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 11:30 am

I would love to sign up for this, but I think I will unfortunately be at work. Sad Will there be any sort of summary thread from the workshop? Or any examples of what people ended up writing during the exercises?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 11:36 am

Yes, as states in the opening post...

"Each month the workshop will cover a different topic, alternating between a writing topic and a role-playing topic. The workshops will take place on the weekend in Skype and afterwards a thread with similar information will be posted in the guild, so the conversation can continue and those who couldn't make it can still benefit from the information."

In other words, I got your back. (:
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime25th May 2015, 6:30 pm

I'm in!
skype name: anaitlovesall
I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE A FIGHT SCENE (AND MAYBE HOW A FIGHT SCENE EVEN WORKS)
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 6:19 am

Sogn-ups woll be open until the workshop is over. (:
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 7:43 am

VBabe wrote:
Yes, as states in the opening post...

"Each month the workshop will cover a different topic, alternating between a writing topic and a role-playing topic. The workshops will take place on the weekend in Skype and afterwards a thread with similar information will be posted in the guild, so the conversation can continue and those who couldn't make it can still benefit from the information."

In other words, I got your back. (:
Whoops! I read the original post, but that last bit of information somehow didn't register in my brain. Thanks though! I hope everybody who participates has a blast! I'll be looking forward to the thread! Smile
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime27th May 2015, 11:13 am

Even though this will focus on fight scenes in role-plays, but in the beginnin of the workshop we will focus on writing fight scenes more generally, in both writing and role-playing.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 4:04 pm

Bump!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 4:10 pm

Hey Vbabe I have a question for you! Are the workshops, or rather what you go over, going to be posted anywhere. I know at least one person who isn't able to make it.

Addy can't read very well when she just woke up from a nap lol sorry!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 4:30 pm

No problem! I'm glad you found the answer to your question. (:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime28th May 2015, 6:11 pm

((For anyone who is taking part in the Live-Chat MAYhem event, where the time that won was Saturday at 9am, don't worry! After we get started, if you wanted to attempt both at once (participating in the workshop and the live rp) we can give that a try, but if that doesn't seem possible, we'll pause the event early so we can all participate in the workshop!))
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime29th May 2015, 1:21 pm

id like to join if you're still taking people^^
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime29th May 2015, 3:27 pm

Yup! I'll take people until the workshop ends.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime30th May 2015, 7:15 am

Workshop starts in about an hour!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime30th May 2015, 7:58 am

And the workshop begins! 

Feel free to sign up for the workshop until it ends. I'll take you even if there are only five minutes left.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime30th May 2015, 7:59 am

Can I be added to this?

Skype name; scorpiorat21

I'd like to refresh myself on fight scenes, as I haven't had to write them in an RP style for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 2:02 pm

Welcome to the Writing and Role-playing Guild Workshops! Your host will be me, VBabe. 

Each month the workshop will cover a different topic, alternating between a writing topic and a role-playing topic. The workshops will take place on the weekend in Skype and afterwards a thread with similar information will be posted in the guild, so the conversation can continue and those who couldn't make it can still benefit from the information. 

All you have to do is sign-up in this thread whenever a workshop is announced and, then, show up during the scheduled time. During the Skype workshop, you'll be expected to participate in an informal exercise that gives you practice in the topic. These exercises may involve you pairing with someone for a two-minute role-play, you posting a brief example of your work in the thread afterwards, or perhaps just the good faith that you worked on the exercise on your own while the Skype workshop was going on. 

So, without further ado, the second Writing and Role-playing Guild Workshop will be... 

(Writing) Resumes
Sunday, July 12th, at 3:30 pm CST. 

Sign-up below by posting your Skype username and a brief description of what you hope to learn or accomplish in the workshop.

P.S. This workshop will focus on resumes intended to get you a job or into a university, but there will be a special feature on staff applications for the Galaxy Cauldron forums.

You do not need to have a resume prepared prior to this workshop nor do you need any prior work experience to take this workshop. If you'd like to start putting one together, I'd recommend creating a LinkedIn profile, which will allow you to create an online resume. LinkedIn is a professional network, kind of like Facebook, and provides you great networking opportunities and allows for you to understand the types of people and jobs available in your field of interest.

Last edited by VBabe on 6th July 2015, 7:37 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 2:03 pm

Stupid question, but if you don't have a skype, could you just follow along in the thread?
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 2:07 pm

Yes, the information will be available in a thread afterwards, but you will have to do the writing exercises on your own or with a partner in the practice area of the guild.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 7:27 pm

I need this so bad O.o

I'M IN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 7:29 pm

I'm in!
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 10:05 am

I'd be in if I weren't on vacation that day Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups 2869872805 . (LOA message coming out later this week).

Next time I suppose.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 3:30 pm

Oops! I was trying to vary the times and days. Have a fun vacation.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 3:32 pm

I'll see if i can make it this time
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 7:50 pm

VBabe wrote:
Oops! I was trying to vary the times and days. Have a fun vacation.

It's fine; I just have a lot of travel plans this year. I'm sure I'll make one in the near future.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime9th July 2015, 10:23 am

I'm still accepting sign ups!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups   Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing and Roleplaying Guild Workshops and Sign-ups

View previous topic View next topic Back to top