The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

*pokes head in*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 12:34 am

Hello there! I've been lurking for quite a while now (think I found about this through Tumblr?) but finally decided to join.

Anyway...I'm Khandri, 34 going on 35 later this spring, and hail from the not-quite-so-frozen-anymore tundra of Wisconsin. I live at home with my mom and am looking for work, and my relationship status would currently best be described as "complicated." I've been around a number of different fandoms and forums over the years but have really only now decided to take a step into the fandom for one of my long-time anime loves.

I first became curious about Sailor Moon sometime before it started airing in the US when I saw an article in my local newspaper about it coming here and how big it was in Japan, and it made me eager to see what it was all about. And of course, once it started airing in '95 when I was 15, I was quickly hooked, cheesy dub and all. Since then, I've seen all of the original anime, the live-action PGSM, am currently watching Crystal as the new episodes come out, am sloooowly working my way through the manga (I've read through the Black Moon arc as of right now), and more recently have gotten into the musicals (I've seen everything from 1993 up through the Dracul shows), which have since probably become my favorite version of the story. (In case it wasn't obvious from my choices of avatar and sig. Razz You'll probably find me hanging out in the Myu section of the forums most often.)

Favorite characters/senshi...? Hmm, that's a tough one, because I find something likable/relatable about all of them that it makes it so hard for me to choose just one. I might have to get back to you on that! But one thing is certain, I am forever a Mamoru/Usagi fan. I love every version of them together.

Aside from Sailor Moon, my other big anime loves are the Gundam franchise, Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warriors, and Saint Seiya, among many more. I'm also a huge Power Rangers and Super Sentai/tokusatsu fan and enjoy other shows like Avatar/Korra, Doctor Who, and so on. And when I'm not watching this stuff, I like to knit, crochet, do needlework, draw, cosplay (haven't done anything SM yet), dabble in making graphics and fan videos/AMVs, and waste a bunch of my time on Tumblr or Twitter, all while often being buried under one or more of our eight cats.

...Whoops, that got a little rambly. I tend to do that a lot, ehehe. Anyway, it's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to making many new friends here. Smile

(PS: Sorry if I'm a little slow to respond to anything for a while! I'm prepping for a convention this coming weekend.)
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 1:29 am

Wow, what a detailed introduction Surprised No open questions on my part, hahaha xD
Anyway, a very warm welcome to GC - it's great to have you here! Smile I'm Vivien, nice to meet you!

If you're still searching for a companion who can help you on your way through the forum, then you can sign up for a mentor here (in case you didn't know yet Wink )

I hope you enjoy it here! Whenever you have questions or just want to talk fell free to PM me Smile

EDIT: Oh wait, I have a question: WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS AND/OR ACTRESSES FROM THE MYUS?!?!?! Very Happy My favorites are Anza, Nao Takagi and Yuuka Asami. I also like Hikari Ono Smile

Last edited by Princess Moon on 10th March 2015, 7:08 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 2:14 am

Wow, i have no opening questions

Welcome to GC Khandri! I'm Kitty Elyon
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 9:52 am

95? i thought it was 97? or was that just my state? cause i was 11 when it 1st aired. prob just me. anyway welcome im the forums stray cat luna, its nice to meet you
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 11:12 am

Welcome!  *pokes head in* 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 12:12 pm

Princess Moon wrote:
EDIT: Oh wait, I have a question: WHO ARE YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS AND/OR ACTRESSES FROM THE MYUS?!?!?! Very Happy My favorites are Anza, Nao Takagi and Yuuka Asami. I also like Hikari Ono Smile

Hehe...well, those are certainly all of my favorites as well (Anza is my top favorite Moon), and as you miiight have guessed already, I am an unapologetically huge Yuuta Mochizuki fangirl and love everything I've seen him in, Myu and non-Myu alike. I got to meet him at a convention last year (for something non-Myu), and he is one of the most amazingly awesome people EVER. (So yes, I'm a wee bit biased there. >_>) I'm now trying to bug a convention closer to me to get him as a guest for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 12:17 pm

Yeah, Queen Anza!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOD, you met him? I'M SO JEALOUS! Surprised But: Good luck with your plan Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime10th March 2015, 6:49 pm

Welcome! I was a long time lurker too so I totally know where you are coming from.

I am the members director here so if there is anything you need or any questions, don't hesitate to message me. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime11th March 2015, 5:53 am

Hello!

A very very warm welcome to the GC forums!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 8:38 pm

Khandri wrote:
Princess Moon wrote:

Hehe...well, those are certainly all of my favorites as well (Anza is my top favorite Moon), and as you miiight have guessed already, I am an unapologetically huge Yuuta Mochizuki fangirl and love everything I've seen him in, Myu and non-Myu alike. I got to meet him at a convention last year (for something non-Myu), and he is one of the most amazingly awesome people EVER. (So yes, I'm a wee bit biased there. >_>) I'm now trying to bug a convention closer to me to get him as a guest for that very reason.

JFSDKFJSLDKJFD YOU GOT TO MEET HIM!?!? I'm so jelly!!!!

Welcome to the forums fellow Myu fan!!! I love it when we get new Myu lovers. Its my favorite version of the story too. Hurry and get through the Marina musicals. YOU HAVE TO SEE HIKARI ONO AS DEMAND. She's so unnnffff...

Okay I'm done being a rabid Myu fan... >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*pokes head in* Empty
PostSubject: Re: *pokes head in*   *pokes head in* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*pokes head in*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top