The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 7:18 am

Ok so this is the funniest theory My husband could ever come up with, or that I have ever heard. But its soo freakishly true!

Lets set the Scene:

So, as the old anime is being released on Hulu, I have been strategically watching it when my husband is in the room. I want him to watch it, he likes anime, and this series is such a part of my childhood; I've watched DBZ and Macross!  I get him to half watch 4 episodes over the last week, I don't want him to get sick of it and he seems to take an interest in small doses. 

Last night he comments that he thinks 'the cat' is controlling the girl every time she is sailor moon. 

At first I'm like, 'WHAT!? No... thats silly' 

Dismissing him, I comment on how Usagi is able to hit the bad guys head bands with such accuracy and doing no harm to them.

He replies, 'The cat is a good shot.' and adds 'probably controlling her through her headband like those dumb gym guys are being controlled by the bad guy.' 

Then I'm like... 'Oh my gosh, your right! Headcannon accepted!'  

Here is the Theory:

For the first handful of episodes, probably up until Usagi remembers shes the princess. Luna is controlling Usagi through her headband, or her broach. Whatever the device used, it makes total sense. This explains why Usagi, is able to do phrases and moves that seem so unnatural to her normal self.  She knows exactly what to say when she does her 'I'll punish you' bit and also this solves the puzzle of why she never messes up the transformation moves. Luna had a button she presses or some mind control command that makes Usagi's henshin-yo perfect everytime!

This explains luna's secretiveness, and also why she is so forceful that Usagi transforms and so confident that Usagi won't die and be a complete ditz the entire time. Also, luna spends a lot of time at the arcade, maybe she practices on people. 

There is also a very gradual learning process. In the very beginning luna can only control her sometimes, which explains why half the fights in the are Usagi crying like a baby and fleeing from harm. Then Luna will yell at her to pay attention. because commands can only be carried out when both luna and Usagi are focused!

It always bothered me that Usagi and Luna never practiced any of the fighting stuff or phrases before being confronted with youma who will kill her. The reason why is because luna is basically in control! 

Haha, let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 8:31 am

It is an interesting idea, and one I'd never considered. But I'm not sure it could be considered canon. As far as practice goes, you are right that it is never shown. So presumably it's off-screen. The theory still makes some sense, though it's not exactly the nicest thing to imagine. You would think Usagi would complain about her body being controlled.

A couple of things though, I think the dramatic phrases are more Usagi, and I can't really see them from Luna. And as far as the transformation sequence goes, the elaborate choreography and time are most probably just stylistic elements for the audience, and inside of the Sailor Moon universe, don't exist.

Still a really intriguing idea!
Back to top Go down
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 8:37 am

I know, I just wanted to laugh about the idea of this more than anything! Not really looking for cannon acceptance. But if anyone can disprove it just for fun! 

Might not be something Luna physically does, more mind-control than with a controller  

Maybe Usagi never knew! She is a 14 year old magical girl that weird things happen to. She could just think the controlling is just part of her transformation to sailor moon. Part and parcel of the package. Luna is subtle like that *wink*
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 8:42 am

I could see Luna helping to aim Sailor Moon's attacks at first, since a Frisbee is kind of hard to accurately throw. But since she's so klutzy when moving around, the mind control would have to be minimal to explain all the faceplants Usagi still does. XD
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 9:02 am

XD

Personally I'd rather Luna didn't do that. I mean she was already so terrible at explaining what was going on in the beginning (the parts in the manga that I read still stun me). And I really would prefer to think Usagi was learning.

I remember in the episode where Rei was introduced, Sailor Moon threw her tiara at the monster and then verbally commanded it to trap them. I really liked that since it seemed to me that Usagi had remembered something she'd been taught off-screen and was thinking on her feet. It showed a bit more competence.

By contrast, in the manga, Luna just exclaimed that they had the monster in their trap, and then in the next panel the tiara turned into a restraint. It was all sudden and "wait, what?" and Usagi didn't seem to do anything to set it off.

Then again, as I have mentioned in other places, I haven't taken all that well to the manga from what I have read of it, and the Rei chapter in particular has several bizarre things in it and actual errors that the anime episode corrected.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 9:34 am

Usagi did learn of course, but I can imagine she would have trouble aiming Moon Tiara Action the first few times. So maybe Luna just acted like a targeting system, similar to what Navi does in The Legend of Zelda.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 9:36 am

^That's not a bad thought either.
Back to top Go down
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime9th June 2014, 10:16 am

I like that thought too! Nav-system luna!

So, how many people think Luna made Usagi practice anything, cause I never got that impression, plus Usagi is pretty lazy! 

I'd like to think when Usagi made the Tiara stop she was finally starting to learn some control and luna was letting her do things on her own more and more. This theory is really more behind the very beginning where she knew nothing and time was of the essence so luna just did what she had to do.

I see that as part of her character in the beginning; getting things done her way or the highway. I feel like luna had a lonely single minded existence before finally finding Usagi. And it may have taken her a few episodes before she finally started to trust Usagi to take charge.

I see the stiff and forceful parts of sailor moon at odds with the faceplanting crybaby. They are too different, stiff and forceful is more luna's MO when the two first meet. 

Just sayin! *wink*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..   [Theory] Head-cannon? You decide.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Head-cannon? You decide..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top